Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Lizzie Kessel
Professional Tinkerer

As she poked around a little more, Lizzie put two and two together. This wasn't just a ship called Serenity it was the ship. After all the fuss kicked up by it's crew and Miranda the world was thrown into unrest. The crew had become public enemy number one, but then one day they had just dropped out of sight, no one could find them. Now this man... Michael Reynolds, related to Malcolm no doubt, had the ship. This was the chance of a life time...

Talking made her look up. "s**t" she cursed under her breath. She had forgotten about Andrea and wandered off. She peeked down the hallway, and grimaced, guns everywhere. She had to think fast. Disconnecting a few wires quickly, and nudging a few things out of alignment she put a finger in her mouth and whistled. It was high and it was loud. Careful to stay out of line of sight she hollered down the ship.

"Everyone put your guns down. I'd like to strike a deal. You shoot my companion Mr. Reynolds and I will sink this boat faster than you can pull the trigger. She'll be dead in the port and you can't afford that can you? Not the time, not the attention and certainly not the money from the looks of it." Lizzie licked her lips.

"It would be a shame to let the saga of such a ship end like this. No crew, barely flying. So my deal is this, we'll go back to them what's hired us and ah, sort things out. Then you sign us on as your crew. I'll get her back in the air without all the mess back here, and the risk of a blow out. We want a good cut of what you take, if you're still in the family business, a bunk each. I'd say we'd share but my partner snores like a chainsaw. Don't think about it too long."

Lizzie pulled a warped piece of metal from the engine with a clang, and hit the braces with her spanner to make it sound like she was doing more damage than she was. Her threat was real, she had seen a few engines like this, some in firefly class ships and some not, and she could dismantle it before Michael got down the hallway and could see to aim.

Divorced Ladykiller

9,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

XXXXx██████████ ███████ ██████ ███ ██ ██ █ ▌▌

xxxx I'm
                                    xa
                                    xxxxxSinner
XXXxxxxxxxXXXxand
xxxxxxxxx : a
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsaint
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Nobody
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Had to be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PERFECT

She was just about ready to hear an explanation when Michael appeared. Oh thank god he was not hurt. Hey he should be resting! But here he was, gun drawn and on the woman’s side. They had her, which meant she wasn’t part of the crew. Ah, so she had used the right instincts and had done a good thing. She was really proud of herself. She felt like smiling but held it in. That would be for later, if they made it out of this. Besides this girl looked tough.

Then the woman spoke and the girl gasped. Harlot? How dare she! She cocked her gun and narrowed her eyes. She had never been called that before. Now she didn’t care who the woman was, she was going to kill her. “I guess I should take that as a compliment. Most Harlots are pretty.” The woman then launched into some story about how she was hired to kill Michael. She let her gaze go to him. Who exactly had he made angry to send this…bull after him? Maybe an ex-lover…

Then some clanking was heard and the blonde’s eyes shot to the door it was coming from. It sounded like someone was ripping up something. Oh no the ship! Did she have more people with her now tearing the place apart? But…this was her new home. This was her only way to the stars. She had just gotten to be here and already someone was taking it away. Then there was a whistle and a voice, sounding woman’s. The first words were to put the guns down. Oh hell no. She wasn’t doing that. The gun was her only way of protection. But, then the woman said that she would sink the boat. She was lying she couldn’t do that. But then again all that tearing she just heard. It didn’t take an expert to rip out wires and break stuff. She stiffened and paled.
                                    Of course the next words were weird to her. Saga of a ship? What, was it very important? Mr. Reynolds… Where in the world had she heard that name before. She pondered for a second before it smacked her in the face. Malcolm Reynolds…Serenity. Her mother and others had rumored that the ship…the one who had figured out a secret of the Alliance, had been none other than that man. In her eyes he was a true hero. She looked to Michael. That was who his father was? She was shocked and felt stupid for not knowing. How could she have not figured that out and this woman had? She had dreamed of meeting such a fine captain and had looked up to him. Suddenly the others words brought her back. Something about becoming part of the crew. Oh no. No. No. No. Over her dead body. They were not the sort to be trusted, especially when the woman’s voice was elsewhere. How did they know there wasn’t a whole bunch of people waiting for them to drop their guard?

Besides, if they did shoot the blue-haired woman…and this…woman destroyed the ship. She would sell some of her medical supplies to fix it, and become the local doctor to help get money. They didn’t need to trust the ghostly woman’s words. “I don’t think we can trust her captain. What if there are more of them? This to me sounds like a trap. Why would they just make a deal like that so easily? I don’t buy that. As for the ship…I am sure some people would be big money to have a doctor fix them up without drawing attention to them. I…I can’t trust her. How do we know that they won’t just kill us in our sleep. I can’t go on a bodiless woman demanding orders like that when I can’t see her or know what else lies in this ship. Besides, she called me a harlot and I don’t take kindly to that.” So she was being a bit stubborn. But, she had a point. This could be a trap that ended both their lives and the end for Serenity.

S.O.S: She's in disguise [ S.O.S. She's in disguise
          There's a shewolf in disguise, Coming out, coming out
          There's a shewolf in your closet Open up and set her free Awooo
          There's a shewolf in your closet Let it out so it can breath

Romantic Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Michael Reynolds

User Image

"That cheap son of....", Michael thought of the right words to say in the back of his head, as he assessed the situation at hand. So his last job still wasn't over, seeing as how he now had an assassin standing in his midst with the task of taking his life. And upon her whining over the pay, he had no choice in his own mind but to laugh a little. "You took a job with crap pay, huh? That sounds to me like you weren't burdened with an over abundance of schooling.", Michael said to the blue haired woman, his eyes searching for more weapons that she might be hiding. Upon seeing none, he relaxed slightly and aimed his rifle towards her stomach. Now if he had to shoot, then he would only wound her enough to have her remember who shot her, but the Doc could still fix her.

The disembodied voice behind him made him jump slightly, the tension in the room so thick it clouded most of his vision other than what was directly in front of him. "My boat... my home... this here is a stand off... but who's in charge?", Michael thought as he took one step forward towards the Warrior-woman and grabbed the weapon in her hand. "You can have this back after class, young lady. Now call your engine dog and have her fix the damage she's caused.", Michael said to her, gently taking the weapon from her hand and moving around her to hand it to Drucilla. He cleared his throat momentarily as he listened to Dru, nearly every word speaking the obvious truth to him.

"You got yourself a mighty fine point there Dru. I'd have to say, this whole situation just don't seem right.", Michael mused as he mulled the events over in his head. Here he had what seemed to be two people, an assassin and a saboteur, threatening his life and his boat. Now, to make matters worse, they were trying to extort their way on to his ship after trying to kill him and ground his ship. "Well now, seems we got ourselves a stand off! Why don't you come on out, and we'll discuss this civil like. No reason ANYONE to die or be dead in the water", Michael shouted down the hall, hoping that the woman would at least hear what they had to say before any decisions were made.
User Image
Lizzie Kessel
Professional Tinkerer

Lizzie listened to the commotion. The woman, a doctor from what she said, was skeptical. The captain was... desperate. It could have been worse, all in all. At the very least, no one had shot anyone else yet. Quietly as she could, Lizzie peeped out again. Andrea weaponless, the doctor with more weapons than she should.

Lizzie scowled "I'm not coming out until everyone's put there weapons down. I know Andrea ain't got hers. Now I know this isn't the best way to start things off, but hear me out. Andrea and I didn't have a choice in this job, we're broke, and were in no position to negotiate. Now, I can't speak for Andrea, but I sure as hell would like a place where I didn't have to worry I was gunna be sanded just because someone felt like it. So I'm offering you a trade, we need a job, you need someone to keep this bird flying. It doesn't matter what your doctor says, if you don't have someone to fix her in the air, you'll be dead in the water sooner or later."

"Sometimes people are forced into poor decisions, you must know that. The only way we all get out of this alive is if you take us on. If you don't, we can't go back to them what's hired us, unless you're dead. This option is the best option. Look" She stepped halfway out, and showed her hands. "I'm not armed. Andrea is a little trigger happy, but if you're paying her, she ain't gunna go putting bullets in people they don't belong in. So can we call it a deal?"

Her voice softened a little bit as she gazed down the hallway at the three of them standing in the kitchen. "I didn't mean to threaten your ship, but it was the only thing I could think of to stop things from getting out of hand too quickly."

Lonely Smoker

User Image
Andrea Smith
Hired Muscle

Andrea smirked as the girl took her comment as a compliment. Clearly she hadn't met that many port side harlots. They weren't no companions, that's for sure. However, the captain's comment pissed her off. He didn't know the situation she was in, scraping the port side for any work she could get, low pay was better than no pay. However, the voice behind the captain gave her a bit of hope, but also ticked her off, "" She shouted over at her. She didn't give any resistance as the captain took her gun, as Lizzie seemed to be trying to negotiate. No need to blow her plans. Though, trying to get hired on a ship captained by a man they were just trying to kill? No way he would accept this. When he asked her to call off her 'engine dog' Andrea let out a laugh, "What? And drop our collective pants for you? No way, she stays there, ready to break your dīliè ship's engine should things go south," She said, and Lizzie spoke again. As Lizzie said that Andrea would be fine working for him, Andrea simply shrugged, "She's right. I'm a sucker for a good paycheck," She confirmed. She rubbed her head in annoyance at their situation. If they could get work here, that would be nice, but if they didn't... thinks would be looking mighty hairy.

Divorced Ladykiller

9,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

xxxx I'm
                                    xa
                                    xxxxxSinner
XXXxxxxxxxXXXxand
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsaint
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Nobody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI

The blonde still held her gun at the woman. She didn’t quite care what the other…woman had to offer. And why should she? Sorry, but she had learned the hard way when you made deals with people who invaded your stuff, who stepped into your lands. They cheated you. Her father, whom had been robbed a few times, had always forgiven the people. Well guess what they took what they were after anyway. Besides, they hadn’t even really given her anything to believe that they should allow them to work here. There was that ambush still. Any minute they could be swarmed, as soon as they let their guns slip away. Not a chance.

Just then she was handed the woman’s gun. She looked at Michael and felt that for once she had done a great job. But what the other woman said, the mysterious one really got to her. So what if they were broke? Then they should of re-thought their options. She certainly took a gamble and look where she was. She had been happier with just her and Michael manning the ship. No need to bring in Muscles who only went to the highest pay, or some woman who wouldn’t dare to show her face. Hmph, they could always find an engineer that didn’t try and kill them and ruin the ship. Quite frankly the woman’s deal was slowly looking like she was very desperate. How desperate was she to keep her companion alive?

“The way I see it, letting them join isn’t the best or only option. This person doesn’t make the rules, so I could care less what she says. If she wants this woman alive so badly how come she doesn’t come out and show us she is willing to cooperate? I don’t like someone giving orders when I can’t see them. I don’t know if she is unharmed or not. I would personally like her to come to us, showing she has no weapon before I drop mine. I may be a simple woman from Jiangyin, but I wasn’t born yesterday. And lastly, if she didn’t want things to get like this she should have come and showed us she is unarm. Not tear up the ship. It’s your call Captain, I trust you Michael, but I don’t trust them. “ This was hard, putting her life in this man’s hands, but until he told her to put her gun down, she wasn’t going to. Though out of the corner of her eye she could make out the woman. She had no weapon in hand but she still was hidden enough to have one stashed. Nope, she still didn't like that option. Why didn't she come closer? Something still felt off.

The other woman then spoke and the blonde turned to her. “Well, good, I don’t mind standing here as she decides whether to come talk it out. The soup I made needs to cool anyway.”

Romantic Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Michael Reynolds

User Image

Michael had two choices in his current predicament, either let these two in his ship, or kill them both in cold blood. "I can let them live, just as easily as I could kill them.", Michael thought to himself, rubbing his chin as he lowered his rifle slightly. He had to get her away from the engine room, but how to do that was the question. "Reckon I could leave Dru with this one, but what if things go down hill.... then we lose the advantage.", Michael thought to himself as she said she didn't have a lot of options The Man-lady had a bit of a snarky attitude, someone he knew right away reminded him of an old associate of his father's.

Michael lowered his rifle to the floor, and nodded to Drucilla to keep her weapon trained on Muscles. Setting the rifle down, he grabbed hold of his pistol and drew it as he saw the engine-lady poke her head out of the door way. "I'm not gonna ask politely again. Come on out, and then we'll return your friends weapons to her. You don't have a lot of options here, so don't do nothing you might regret.", Michael called down the hall as he pressed the barrel of his pistol to the side on the woman's head. Little did she know, Michael could just as easily fix the engine on his own, even in the air. While their offer was tempting, especially with a few extra hands around the ship, he still has details that would need to be worked out.
User Image
Lizzie Kessel
Professional Tinkerer

Now this. This was a situation. If Andrea had stuck to what she was good at and just shot the woman instead of asking questions this job would have been well and truly over. Lizzie hadn't been lying when she said she wanted to work on the ship, hadn't been lying about the engine neither. No matter how well that man had managed to patch it up, Lizzie could dismantle almost anything. But with a gun pointed at Andrea's head there was very little options. Sure Lizzie could probably scrap the ship, find someplace to hide. In a smuggler's vessel it would be a very long time before they found her if she got a proper head start, but that would leave Andrea dead, which was not part of the equation.

Lizzie blew her bangs out of her eyes, a sign of annoyance. She stepped into full view. "There. Now give Andrea her gun back, you can see me, and if you're anything like you're father you can put a bullet in me before I so much as think to move. Of course, if you're anything like you're father you won't." might not be so lucky as that though Lizzie hid her grimace. Play it by ear, play it by ear. Things would have been a lot easier if she knew how to handle a gun. With the wound she could already see on the captain, she wondered how he wasn't a bit dizzy with blood loss, probably couldn't shoot as straight as normal. A cold comfort all things considered.

Technically, besides the whole 'breaking and entering' thing they hadn't done a whole lot wrong. No one had gotten hurt, the engine was only a few wires away from running. Lizzie had been very reasonable. She hoped that Michael would see the truth of their situation, offer them a little mercy. If not, then just 3 months off ship it was all over. Not the type of adventure she was hoping for, not the type of adventure Andrea promised either. Ooooh. She was going to have words with that woman after this. Very heated words. Possibly fists too, very heated words and fists. At the very least, if they ended up alive either way, it would let them both blow off some steam.

Romantic Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Michael Reynolds

User Image

"How is it that you know about my father....", Michael asked the woman in the back of his head. His thumb wrapped around the hammer of his father's pistol, and his eyes glazed over as he dropped the barrel towards the floor. She was right, even if she didn't know who Michael was as a person, she knew that he was still the spitting image of his father. The man that Michael was, was based almost completely on the morals that his father had imbedded in his head. He couldn't kill these two, because in a way, they were kindred spirits to him. Just two lost souls, looking for a place to belong, looking for a safe haven.

"Serenity can be home to anyone who needs it, son. The most important part about building a proper crew, is seeing who needs it the most and if they are needed by you.", Malcolm had said to Michael just a few months prior to this situation that Michael was in now. "Do these two really need Serenity, and does Serenity need them?", Michael thought as he pressed his finger down on the trigger, resuming his original stance of holding the revolver to Andrea's head. For a moment, the young Captain envisioned the world with both of them dead, and Dru falling back in horror. It wasn't the world he wanted, so he pressed the hammer down and let it gently fall back against its resting place on the cylinder. The answer to his question, was Yes, Serenity needed a crew.

He turned to Dru, and nodded for her to lower her gun. "For now, we'll trust them.... but the guns stay under my watch until I say otherwise.", Michael said sternly to the newest additions to his crew. With that, he holstered his father's revolver and scooped his rifle off the floor. "Dru, please set the table for four. We're getting off this world, and our newest additions need a place at our table. After we eat, they will both be escorted by me to the bunks and securely locked in until they are needed.", Michael said as he stepped over to her and stood by her side. For a moment, he smiled at the latest crew members and spoke loudly for the lady down the hall to hear. "Welcome to the Michael Reynolds school for wayward misfits.".

((OOC: Okay, now for this to launch.))

Lonely Smoker

User Image
Andrea Smith
Hired Muscle

Andrea watched as the man lowered the rifle to the floor. As he approached her, she tightened her fists. Things didn't seem to be going well. As he brought the pistol to her head, she was preparing to swat it aside and maneuver him between herself and the gun wielding girl behind her. But before that, the Captain lowered his weapon again. She let out a sigh as the situation finally deflated. As the captain spoke about the new plan, Andrea spoke up, "About that. We got luggage down in the port. Stuff we would need to do any job you'd want us to," She said to him. In particular, she had two crates of things she would need if she were to work here.

Divorced Ladykiller

9,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

xxxx I'm
                                    xa
                                    xxxxxSinner
XXXxxxxxxxXXXxand
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsaint
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Nobody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI

She listened to the woman and snorted. A lot of talk she was. The blonde wasn’t just going to hand this woman a weapon, for what if she shot her with it? But as she watched Michael, it seemed the woman had gotten to him with her silver-tongued words. She shook her head. As he dropped his weapon she tensed up, then he spoke to her.

No way. Nope. Uh-uh. She was not realizing her hold on the weapon nor was she lowering. But he had given her a soft look and she slowly lowered it. She grimaced when he spoke about her setting the table. No. She would let them fend for themselves. Funny how he mentioned he would show them where they slept but she had no idea. Without another word, even as Muscles spoke about going off the ship, she turned away. She would have her gun ready if they brought unwanted guests. She didn’t even say anything to Michael. She headed out of sight and into the kitchen. She set one plate on the table, hastily ate her soup, as fast as she could, and headed to the medical bay. She didn’t want to be near the two newcomers.

Romantic Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Michael Reynolds

User Image

Michael felt something for the first time in his life, but he wasn't sure what to label it as, when he watched Dru walk away without so much as a word. In the back of his mind, he could hear his "Uncle" Jayne, laughing at him about his decision. For a moment, he locked eyes with Andrea, before grabbing her by the forearm and shepherding her to one of the bunk rooms, tossing her inside and locking the door. He then walzted over to the engine room and shut the door, locking that as well. "Fix the damage, mechanical genius, then hit the intercom button to be escorted to your bunk!", Michael shouted before punching the door with all of his might. He went to the kitchen and picked up Andrea's gun, then went back to his own bunk and opened his lock box. He then cleared the gun, and placed it inside before slamming that shut.

He looked down at his hands, noticing the blood now oozing from the open gash he got when he punched the engine room door. "Have to head to the med bay I guess....", Michael thought as he dropped his duster on his bed and moved towards the ladder. He climbed into the hallway, and slowly walked to the med bay, trying to move quietly as he shuffled across the floor towards one of the cabinets. He opened one of the cabinets lining the upper wall near the ceiling, his right hand swelling and bleeding as he pulled the gauze from the cabinet.

"I'm sorry....", Michael said to Dru, wrapping his hand quickly, but gently as he looked over to her for a moment. He did his best to avoid eye contact, for reasons he didn't even understand. Why did he feel guilty for making decisions on HIS boat, for exercising his morals and not killing when it wasn't deemed necessary. But yet, no answer came to him, not even his father could have prepared him for the emotions he felt right now "Only thing to do here is beg forgiveness I guess....", Michael thought as he closed to wrappings on his hand and placed the gauze back in the cabinet and shutting the door..

Divorced Ladykiller

9,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

xxxx I'm
                                    xa
                                    xxxxxSinner
XXXxxxxxxxXXXxand
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXsaint
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Nobody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI

She moved around the medical bay rearranging stuff, thinking of what just happened. As an afterthought she really had no reason to be angry. They did need people on the ship. That was a given. But could she trust these people? This is what worried her. Who was to say that they could? She wasn’t sure. But the Captain was. And he had been a captain for some time. So she shouldn’t be so hasty to judge. Especially since they hadn’t really done any harm. She inwardly groaned and slammed a cabinet. She just wished she could get a hold on things and not worry. She should also apologize to the people in question. She really should welcome a new crew. They needed them. She was just about to hunt them down when Michael came in.

Judging by his hand she thought maybe him and the woman had gotten in a scuffle but he didn’t look fearful or troubled, just…guilty? She wrinkled her brow. She wasn’t sure what he was feeling. She watched him grab bandages and do a sloppy job wrapping up his hand then heard the “I’m sorry.” She was taken aback by this and watched him for a second, before she walked over to him, swatted his hand away and began to unwrap the bandage, only to rewrap it. “No I am sorry. I should have thought better of my actions. I really shouldn’t judge these people so quickly.” She inwardly sighed. “I guess I just got scared. My life has changed so much that I have been feeling the stress. I should really just relax and not worry. These new people will be great additions.” She then smiled at him brightly as she finished with his hand. “So did you go eat soup?”

Romantic Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Michael Reynolds

User Image

At the moment Dru touched Michael's hand, his cheeks ignited in yet another display of red. He only stood there, listening to her story as she fixed his sloppy wrapping job on his hand and nodded at her expression of warming up to the newcomers. But she didn't know that they had already left, so he just held his piece until the end. He was lost for a moment, in her eyes, her hair and in the piece of her past that she shared with him. The life of a ranch hand was foreign to him, matters of the heart almost alien to his somewhat sheltered life. Michael was proof that you didn't have to be from a central planet to be naive to most of life's mysteries.

"Well those two have gone anyway, so we still need to crew up Serenity.... at least they fixed her up good as new 'fore leaving.", Michael said, grabbing her hand and holding it gently in his. He smiled warmly for the first time in his life, well genuinely anyway, normally there was a sarcastic air about Michael Reynolds whenever he smiled warmly to anyone. He hadn't even realized that he had, and just stood there for a moment, enjoying that warmth in his hand for a little while longer before he retreated in again.

Upon Dru asking if he had eaten, he snapped back to reality and felt his stomach turn over. It was empty, and he hadn't eaten anything in a while . But then again, when you're running a ship, even if it is a Firefly-class transport, completely on your own you forget to eat a lot of the time. "Well... now that you mention it... I haven't eaten yet, not in all this excitement Doc...", Michael said softly, his hand pulling away from Drucilla's before he got the notion to never let go of her hand. "Dad... I wish you were here, I need guidance.", Michael thought as he felt and heard his stomach growl, be it due to hunger or stress, or that new feeling he couldn't quite understand yet..
User Image

Name: Leena Mathews
Homeworld: Lilac
Backstory: Leena is the second oldest child of a small farm owner. She has an older brother, 2 younger brothers, and a younger sister. With 5 kids her family had outgrown the small farm they owned, so when Leena turned 15, she and her older brother left home. They got a job on a ship, where her brother was a mechanic, and she was the cook and cleaning lady. After about a year Leena had proven herself to be good with money, so the captain made her the ships financial officer. She worked aboard the ship for 2 years before it was destroyed by an attack, but she and a few others managed to escape. She has spent the last year working odd jobs around the planet she landed on while looking for work aboard a ship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff