Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who'll likely be the most messed up in traps and obstacles during the camping trip?

Jaune 0.56521739130435 56.5% [ 13 ]
Ruby 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 1 ]
Tsubasa 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 5 ]
Weiss 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Nora 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Maybe the teachers/hunters themselves! 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Other 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58 59 60 > >>

User Image

Lie Ren
User Image Martial User Image Lotus User Image

Ren stood outside the door after voicing his intentions, looking around absentmindedly for a bit. "Maybe she fell asleep?" he muttered as he scratched his head, the door remaining closed and un-moving as when he first knocked. Then, a crack appeared and slowly widened as the door slid open. Ren blinked a few times as he peered inside, finding himself staring at a dimly lit room. A few items sat unattended on the bed, but the student did not see other signs of the owner of the room until a head peered out from behind the door. "Ah, greetings. Sorry if I disturbed you. If you were just about to rest or something I can come back later? he inquired as he observed the girl. Nora had told him a bit about the girl with the eyepatch, but Ren honestly knew little about her outside of what Nora told him about the practice field fiasco. She was shorter than he thought, and acted in what seemed to be a shy and cautious manner.

Ren prepared to leave when the girl remained silent and just continued to observe him, but she then motioned for him to enter. "Sorry for the intrusion," Ren muttered as he shuffled in after the girl, moving towards the center of the room as the girl stayed behind and shut the door. He then turned around and cleared his throat. "Oh yea, introductions. My name is Lie Ren. Pleased to make your acquaintance," he stated as he brought both arms forth, planting his right fist into his left man and holding the gesture at chest level. It was a sort of salute back in his native country which he now used to greet comrades or friends of similar standing as himself. He then took not of the girl's one visible eye. It was of a curious yellow color and seemed to give off a bit of a shine. Quite an interesting appearance. Ren then waited for his fellow student to response. Being around Nora so often, Ren had become accustomed to being constantly bombarded by talk. This was a change of pace.

Current Location ||=> HELM quarters w/ Ayla.

Devoted Poster

11,425 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image Ayla Tasiel User Image
[Location: One of HELM's private rooms]
The Magician of Team KRMA
Weapon: Serpents Coil

User Image

User ImageThere was silence and a lack of any movement from Ayla for just a moment as she was leaning up against the door, a small distance between herself and Ren, cautious, but listening to him. She didn't trust people in general, and avoided them because of what she was, so it was just natural that she stayed this way. However, as the black haired male with those pink eyes and single pink streak of hair would first apologize for disturbing her with that soft tone, sounding like he genuinely cared, it caused her to blink a few times and lower her guard just slightly.

She had never actually taken the time to converse with Ren, knowing next to nothing about the guy. ...Aside from the usual trash talk that Mahogany and Kallista of her team gave, but that was generally stated about everyone at the academy. Didn't Kallista even say he 'batted for the other team?' Did that mean he played a sport for another academy? Again, she didn't get it, and tried to forget what her prior team said about the others, and just decided to stick with the moment, hearing him apologize a second time, before introducing himself.

Lie Ren. So despite being called Ren, that was actually his last name? The naive girl once again didn't quite get it. Ayla was really smart, but when it came to people, cultures, and the like, she was clueless, and that was why his next gesture made her tilt her head some. Common as it was for where Ren came from, Ayla just looked at him with confusion, brow raised too for a moment. However, she'd turn around for just a second, turning the light up a little brighter so he could see her more properly, where Ren would see Ayla getting just a little more at ease, before pulling out a card.

'Ayla Tasiel' Was what the card said. A Queen of Spades being displayed, pulled out from her little side pouch, as it was written in a silver marker in beautifully done handwriting. She'd then follow up with another card afterwards, the mute girl having her face still stoic, but certainly not backing away from him like she did a moment ago, trying to put her best foot forward here. Though this card she had to write a lot on, and went in smaller writing, giving Ren a moment of silence. 'It's a pleasure. I hope we can work well together. Our team is at half strength, unfortunately.' She'd pause, take out a second card, and follow up writing on that one next, not showing him the first until she had both cards done. 'I won't slow down the other teams though. I work best alone, but I know that's not an option.' With that, the golden eyed, tan skinned girl would show him both cards, a 7 of clubs and then 8 of clubs, one above the other between her fingertips.

After taking a few seconds to let him read it though, she pulled off a little trick though, the girl always having a penchant for sleight of hand and stage magic, even at the oddest of times. In this case, she simply flipped the two cards over, showing the backsides of them, where black marker showed more messages written there. A different colored marker and he didn't see her write these messages, so it was a mystery how they got there. But it didn't change the fact that something was there directed at him.
'I'm surprised your here though, people don't like to talk to me.' The top card that was flipped over read, followed by, 'Is there something you hope to gain by speaking with me? I have little to nothing that I can give.' Though her question was odd, and behavior strange too as Ren would probably realize she couldn't talk, the girl kept a few feet of distance between them, not being mean in any way, simply curious. Though her question might have come off in a different tone, text never carrying a mood very well, especially for someone as socially indebt as Ayla. For her though, she had to admit, she welcomed having him visit her so far, even if she had a hard time showing that appreciation.

User Image

Lie Ren of Beacon Academy,
Is your fate Fortune or Tragedy?
The Cards say you are The Hermit.
One who's soul shackles a strength he won't Permit.

Pantheon of Sin's Partner

Dedicated Entrepreneur

≯▬▬▬ﺴ Jack McLoughlin ﺴ▬▬▬≮

Jack howled with joy at finally being able to cut loose a little, and his elation grew knowing he was seeing his old teammate in action again. his tail grabbed hold and tugged as he pulled his fist back, but Kris' stance was solid, and Jack almost pouted...almost. Rather his grin faltered when he heard an annoying voice cut towards him. "Lasses got a good pair ah lungs on her." he said as his stance relaxed, his tail snaking free of Kris' legs, and going for his face. The highly dexterous tail gently wrapped around his glasses, pulling them forwards a bit and polishing them, all the while Jack had a playful smirk. "Yeah Yeah, yah got yer points lad...Huntin aint easy, but it's why we even came tah this place at all." he laughed, but as soon as Kris mentioned they were setting sail, and asked him that question, it faltered and shattered. A wild look in his eye, the tail retreated and coiled around his exposed stomach. "f...Fly?"

His voice had gone MUCH meeker, and he coughed in response. "Aye, I still hate flying...It brings up painful memories...for one." In truth, when he was in the Fang, Jack had been in a flying accident, and now feared the open skies in response. He'd rather just stay on the ground, where you didn't have to look down a distance to SEE it. Though, as he thought on it, he was reminded of his sister, who used to lean over the balconies of great ships to feel the wind, while Jack had her in a tight tail grasp. His eyes watered, and he quickly strode forwards. "Kris, I think I told yah about that crash before...Yah should know trauma never fades. My race is proof of that." As he stepped into the ship, the wind hurled his coat upwards sharply, exposing his back to the world, the White Fang symbol tattooed into the scarred flesh, an eternal testimony to the life he once had.

A few minutes later he strode into the conference room, fixing his hair from the wind, and scratching an ear slightly. He listened to Ozpin's voice, and smiled softly. "Heya Ozzy, whatcha got fer yer old friends in JOKA?"

Until you are reborn, and you can see the sins of your past erased.
User Image

Ω_______ Kristoph Halderson _______Ω

Vanguard of One

Kristoph chuckled when Jack recoiled slightly after he mentioned flying to his faunus friend. "Guess that's a no then," he replied cheerily as he adjusted his glasses back to a more stable position. It seemed that Jack was exactly the same as he had remembered. Well, they had only gone their seperate ways for less than a year, so maybe expecting big changes was unfounded. Still, some people changed quickly/ Kristoph was glad that JOKA's fearless leader was still the same big cat from their student days. "I'll have to make sure to drop by and see Athugard when we return. Jack's probably going to propose a toast or something though..." Kristoph thought to himself in amusement. It was a reunion, so a few drinks were acceptable. Jack never seemed to know the definition of "few" when it came to alcohol, though.

The Hunter quieted down when Jack brought up the reason behind his dislike of flying before quickening his pace as he crossed the ramp to board the ship. Kristoph then smiled faintly as he widened his strides to catch up to his old leader. He then clapped Jack on the back, bringing his jacket back down from the wind and covering the scars. "Yep, I remember it as clear as the day you told the rest of JOKA about all that heavy stuff," he began as he removed his hand from the faunus's back and strode past him. "Your past is exactly that: past. To me, you're just the captain of JOKA. Not the most sane of leaders, I must agree though. However, where you lead, I will always follow. We will always follow. Wild cards are not meant to be led by a sane man, after all." Kristoph then paused in his steps before raising one fist in the air. "It'll only be us two on the mission, but that's more than enough, right?" he stated as he dropped his hand back to his side and continued on into the airship. "The vanguard carves open the path. The whirlwind howls on in."

After following Haximal to the designated briefing area, the Hunters were met with Ozpin on the communications screen. Kristoph listened as the headmaster reviewed further mission details and nodded in response. "Understood, Professor Ozpin. We'll ensure that everything goes smoothly," he stated with a slight grin as he shot a few glances at his associates. Four Hunters including Haximal. Four teams of students. Everything was matching up nicely at least.

Current Location ||=> HELM: Elesis + Jack + Haximal.

User Image

Lie Ren
User Image Martial User Image Lotus User Image

Ren tilted his head curiously as the girl continued to stare at him for a while after his last statement. She remained silent, something Ren had nearly forgotten people were possible of due to his usual bubbly companion. The girl then shuffled around and pulled out a card, an action that Ren had not expected her to perform. He squinted a bit and noticed that the card had writing on it. "Ayla Tasiel...Oh, your name, I presume?" he replied as he observed the card. He had forgotten that Nora mentioned something about the silver-haired girl being the quiet earlier when she was retelling what had happened on the practice field. Ren didn't expect the girl to actually communicate with writing. Everyone had their own quirks though, and the only thing about written messages was that it took more time. It was not like he was in any hurry though.

He waited patiently for the next message and smiled slightly when he finished reading. 'Half-strength is better than zero. Any help is welcome. I should be thanking you and Riley for coming along even after hearing about the dangers associated with this H.A.M," Ren replied before blinking a few times in surprise when Ayla suddenly flipped the cards, revealing new writing on their backsides. "A mute magician huh? Well, can't say I would've guessed this," he commented mentally to himself before smiling and clapping lightly. It was still a neat trick, and such an act deserved applause. "Really now? Well, I can't see why. You seem to hold casual conversation just fine in my opinion," he replied after reading the girl's cards. "As for what I sought to gain....Your name I suppose? We're comrades on this mission, and I believe comrades should at least know the names of those they shall be serving with, right?"

Current Location ||=> With Ayla.

Shy Star

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ruby Rose User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

As the group walked throughout the ship, Ruby saw glimpse of Ayla walking ahead, wanting to approach her, but backed down, wondering if she still felt upset about the expelling of her two teammates. It didn't seem like the team liked each other or cooperated at all, but there was probably something to feel upset about, right?

She stayed back and hummed a happy tune until Riley walked by and joined them. "Sorry for the text guys, but she seemed angry and I figured it'd be best to stay away from her. I've had enough with getting yelled at today."

"Hey Riley! It's fine, I think she's a little scary too, but not as much as Goodwitch.." Ruby replied, nodding. That cleared up some things in her head at least. 'Goodwitch might have scolded KRMA again too.. Geez, this is getting to be a bad and good day for me and everyone, huh?' She held out Crescent Rose in its carryable form and playfully spun it around with her hands, sweating a bit as she watched Nora go and ask a couple of nonsensical questions to the Captain. It was a relief that he didn't snap at her, but if it were the red-haired Huntress, that would have been bad.

They finally entered the ship in an orderly fashion and were each given devices to navigate around the ship. Ruby accepted it from the Captain and tilted her head, wondering why they would need them. Wasn't the trip going to be an hour or more long? They weren't too far from the city, and probably not the border, so it was a little strange to get these devices. She shrugged it off though, and looked curiously at the rooms they were provided. The interior of the ship looked pretty cool, as if they were staying in a hotel. As Nora zoomed inside, Ruby skipped around and giggled, enjoying the new atmosphere. She looked behind if Weiss, who was besides her, was going to say something, but the Heiress looked unimpressed and bored, as if the place wasn't suitable to her 'richy girl' tastes.

"Aw come on Weiss! This is the coolest airship you've ever seen!" Ruby exclaimed. She found a room she liked and opened the door, revealing the most fanciest rooms she had ever seen in an airship. There were two comfy beds, a door leading to a fancy bathroom, pretty, ornate tables and armchairs, and even a refrigerator full of food! Ruby circled around happily and jumped on the bed as Weiss' eyes widened with surprise, also impressed of the room. She quickly frowned and cleared her throat at her partner with stern disapproval."Ruby, you don't do that as a guest! That's bad manners!"

"Okay, okay, I won't." Ruby gave a chuckle and stopped, rocking her legs playfully as she observed the surroundings again. She never expected this kind of luxury in a ship before; likely because she never traveled that much in airships. Was the Captain a Hunter too though? It might be cool if he was one. Although for some reason Weiss was a little quiet during the meetup, hearing her open her mouth again with less people, it must have meant she was a little off put with all these new people. She even gave a weird face when Philip appeared and made that salute. But speaking of Philip.. where was he anyway?

Red like roses . . .

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image Location: Hunter's HELM User Image

Riley was impressed with how well the captain seemed to hold up to Nora's question onslaught; most people would get frustrated or annoyed and brush her off or try to put her down. Try, because he'd yet to see anything dampen her spirits for long. She had so much energy he wouldn't be surprised if she barely slept, if she did at all. The question barrage made him flash back to the morning of the initiation: he'd been getting his gear together in the locker room and had heard someone talking so fast that he was amazed she could fit breathing in between all those words. That was when he'd first heard Nora.

He was brought back to reality when Yang told him not to worry about hanging back, saying it left them more room to stay out of Hurrican Nora's path. Ruby then pitched in, saying it was fine, so he smiled at both of them. He saw Weiss and Blake, but hadn't really interacted with them as much as Ruby or Yang. Sure, he knew their names, and he figured they knew his, so no introductions were really in order, but he couldn't exactly be all buddy buddy; he could be polite though. He nodded and smiled at both of them, only to be preemptively cut off as everyone moved forward to go into the ship.

What immediately caught his eye was not the expansiveness of what he assumed was a cargo bay, but the elaborate rope and sandbag system that took up a lot of room up in the rafters and catwalks. It didn't serve an immediate purpose, but then it hit him that likely they were for quickly getting down from the catwalks. It was an unconventional system but quite smart in its design. If their captain had a hand in designing it, then it told Riley all he needed to know about Captain Haximal... who was now handing out stuff. Crap, he had missed most of what the captain said, zoning out like he did in classes.

Something about food and free of charge. Riley was good with that, he was still hungry seeing as his planned food run into the city had been denied thanks to both the HAM and the new rules. So, while everyone else ran to the rooms, he found a crewmember and asked how long the trip was going to be, only to be told an hour. That was enough time to let his food digest before fighting so he wouldn't get sick, so he decided to head to the galley and grab a quick bite to eat.

The blond studied his newly acquired map for a moment before heading off. It wasn't a terribly complicated layout, and in no time at all he was talking to the cook. Nice guy, little gruff, but clearly one who enjoyed his work. He made Riley a sandwich, joking a bit about how it wasn't everyday he got to make a ham and pepperoni sub, and refusing to accept any of Riley's money. Sure, Riley knew the food was free, but it didn't feel right to just take it after all. Once the chef's back was turned, Riley quietly set some money under a heavy mug and left, happily munching on his food.

Having taken considerably less time than he though it would, Riley was confronted with what to do for the next hour. Everyone else had the idea of getting a room, so he figured he should head in that direction. After all, once the Hunters finished their meeting, it was likely that they all would meet to talk. Nobody was stupid enough to send students off into the unknown with no plan after all.

"Ruby, you don't do that as a guest! That's bad manners!" cut a shrill voice through an open door. The galley was very close to the rooms, so Riley had arrived in time to hear Weiss scolding Ruby. If anyone needed to relax, it was Weiss Schnee, though that didn't seem likely in the immediate future. He did figure he could provide a quick distraction in case Weiss was looking to start onto Ruby again.

Riley swallowed the bite he had taken and knocked on the open door frame to get their attention. Ruby was rocking her legs and seemed entranced by the ship, and Weiss had a look on her face of annoyance, but also one that said that this ship was acceptable. "Hey, sorry to interrupt, but thought I'd let you know the cook's up for making food if anyone on your team wants a bite before the mission starts. I'd go quick since we're going to probably have a briefing soon. Right out of your room, down the hallway, last door on the left." he explained, holding up his HAM sandwich in explanation.

Omnipresent Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
Yellow beauty burns...

✲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✲

User Image

It was nice for Yang to see the captain handling the barrage of questions from Nora so well as they walked up the ramp onto the ship. Haximal even seemed to have the same ability as Ren to just keep up with the pink colored typhoon that was Nora. Yang was glad Nora was so cheerful though, any other way and the blonde would be worried, and that was something none of the group needed to deal with. He then moved on to stop Ayla who was going on ahead without the group, and handed her a quick makeshift map and notification device before letting the mute girl go about her way. Yang really should work on the shyness issues of the people she knew. It would be vastly helpful.

The captain handed out the same to the group of people there, and told someone to be on the lookout for any late comers. It seemed that the group was missing a couple of members from PACT, and Jaune and Pyrra were still lagging behind. Most likely due to Jaune in some way. The blonde haired boy was rather, not as impressive as he could be to Yang's terms. She was more interested in the pretty boys, or the more attractive men at beacon, and with a description of the facilities on the ship made Yang smile mischieviously and looked at Blake. Then her eyes trailed along the entryway. She really wanted to hit that pool, but with the mission didn't bring her suit. Yang would just try to keep the mood light, as was her usual way, and seeing as Ruby, Weiss and almost everybody had continued on to the rooms or other important matters. It left the two partners there to chat. Yang's tone being as mischievous as the look on her face. "Soooo, you up for some skinny dipping with the sailors. I'm sure we could find someone as impressive as that Wukong guy for ya. Plus, gives us something to do while we wait."

For now, Yang would wait for her partner to respond. She most likely would just go see where Ruby, Nora, Weiss, Ren, and Ayla went off to. Probably just going to claim a room. Hopefully there were four beds, otherwise team RWBY would have a secondary objective already, and that would be securing more beds. Not a hard mission, but a critical one to the success of RWBY.

✲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✲
Gold

User Image
Company:
Blake, Philip
Mood:
Impish
Health=100%/Aura=100%

Devoted Poster

11,425 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image Ayla Tasiel User Image
[Location: One of HELM's private rooms]
The Magician of Team KRMA
Weapon: Serpents Coil

User Image

User ImageIn Ayla's case, she always felt like she had a right to be judged, and that she was 'beneath' people around her, as if there was little to nothing she rightfully deserved. And now, with her team at half strength, she figured it made her even lower on the totem pole, and there was nothing she could give, do, or 'say' to put herself in a better spot. But despite these feelings, Ren told her how little that meant to him, and that her help was welcome, no matter what she gave, even stating that he should be the one thanking her as well as Riley for coming along despite the dangers.

That... caught her off guard.

That wasn't right.

People weren't that nice, right?

...People are strange.

The short statured, darker skinned girl would take a moment of pause as he said that, only for him to go on saying he wanted little more than her name, and dubbed her as a comrade. It was a little too fast for her, but not necessarily in a bad way. Quite the opposite, she felt perplexed, hesitantly reaching for a card, not sure what she could show him that was prewritten. People tried being nice to her before, but they were usually too upfront about it like Yang, not aware that the stronger type of friendliness was actually making it worse. But Ren, he was gentle with it, taking his own pace, not judging her, but not telling her right away they could be friends or going too fast.

She liked that.

And so, she showed another card at him, the worn, often used
'Thank you' card being displayed again, having only just been used on Haximal minutes ago. But then came another card from her, one she had to write on again since it was a little more specific, Ren getting a rare treat as Ayla actually addressed him by now.

'You're very kind, Ren. Most would choose to avoid me. You're different though.' With that neatly written card though, she'd take another out, this one being written and used in the past, but not often. As always though, she knew the location of her cards like it was second nature to her, drawing a Jack of Spades that then read 'I like 'different' =)' And it came complete with a cute little smiley at the end of it too, Ayla getting a little more comfortable with her guest, the privacy making it even easier for her to express herself.

User Image

Lie Ren of Beacon Academy,
Is your fate Fortune or Tragedy?
The Cards say you are The Hermit.
One who's soul shackles a strength he won't Permit.

Devoted Poster

11,425 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image Kimiko Sawakage User Image
[Location: Lost...]
Rebel Hornet of Team SOAR
|- Weapon: Amaterasu and Raijin's storm -|

[Scene: SOAR's broken wings]
[Theme: Pokemon B/W - Emotion theme 'Memory of you']

User ImageSome mission this turned out to be... What started as just a simple scouting mission for SOAR had ended up becoming what could only be described as a tragedy. Missing. Dead. Out of contact. On the run. Injured. Agony. Defeat. No words could explain the harsh reality of what happened to SOAR, as it would surely be marked in Beacon as one of the worst failures the academy had in some time.

And it was all her fault.

___________________"Information gathering? Easy!"

________"Calm down, Kimiko..."

_____________________________________"Oh come on, this is our specialty!"

__________________"Something doesn't feel right about this..."

_____________________________________________"Chill Raven, relaaaax~"

______"I can't when the winds are warning us."

_______________"You and your cheesy nature-nut stuff. No omen's here!"

______________________"He's usually right though."

__________"Well then, we'll just heed the warning and make sure we bring our A-game today. No worries."

_____________________________"See? Osmond agrees with me~"

_______________________"It's alright Kimiko, we're not arguing. I just don't want this to end up like the last mission."

__"That one did end up rather poorly, we might need to work on our team exercises again."

________________________________________________"That I can agree with."

_____"Okay, okaaaay. You're right. Tell ya what, after this, I promise we well. And I'll take ya'll out for ice cream afterwords.~"

_"Heh... same as always, Kimi. Okay, got me there, I'm on board. Just don't forget~"

_________________________________________"...Ditto."

__________________*Gasp!* Is Raven smiling! It's the end of the woooorld! Ahaha~"

____________________________________________________"H-Hey, I wasn't-"

__________"If you smiled more often like that, the ladies would be all over you man. No joke."

_"Anyway, let's get ready everyone. We'll celebrate later. Just treat it like any other mission and we'll be fine."

____________"Sounds good. I'll meet you all in ten minutes."

_________________________________________"Same, give me a few minutes."

__________________"Great, catch you all in a bit."

_____________________________"Team SOAR off on another adventure~!

______"Still acting like every mission is our very first, eh Kimiko? You haven't changed a bit since freshman year."

_________________"Eheheh... right, sorry~"

For the leader of SOAR, Kimiko Sawakage had taken all of the responsibility on this, feeling like the blood of her comrades, her friends was now stained on her hands. She still couldn't grasp what happened, as it all occurred so fast, too fast for even her keen eyes to catch all the details on, and they were blindsided by pure power. It should have been just a routine scouting mission for info, SOAR being one of the best teams at reconnaissance and Intel gathering, the senior team having plenty of experience on the field now, and known for their sly methods. They were of such different personalities, yet they all got along so well and were the epitome of what a Senior team in Beacon looked like. They had set off for this routine mission that was perfect for them, no strings attached, and it should have gone smoothly.

...But they were waiting for them. It was an ambush.

___________________"Where are they all coming from!?

________"Athena! Go with Raven! Osmond! Take the right side and lose them in the forest!"

_________________________________________"RAVEN!"

__________________"Uungh! Cursed creature... I-I'm fine!"

_____________________________________________"No you're not, you've been shot! Y-You're bleeding!"

______"I don't have time to bleed... go!"

___________________________"Cut the useless chatter man. We're not leaving you behind."

_________________________________________"Osmond!? What are you still doing here? I told you to-"

__________"Sorry leader. You can chew me out later, but I can't call myself a real man knowing I left a friend behind."

_______________________________________________"I know! But-... Okay, Athena, I need you to- ... A..Athena?"

_______________________"D-Damnit, they've got her too!

__Where are they all coming from!?"

_____________________________________"Kimiko! Look out!"

___________________"Osmond! N-No, what are you doing!? You're hurt! "

________"Heh, why so surprised? You know me. What kind of gentleman lets a lady get hurt on his watch, eh? Get out of here now! Tell HQ what happened!"

_________________________________________ "No! No I won't let them take you too! Not over my dead body!"

__________________"Listen to him, ...more are coming, I can sense it in the winds. They're- Aaaugh!"

____________________________________________________ "No!!"

_____________________________________" You know Kimiko, that face doesn't suit you at all. Smile pretty lady. Smile and live."

__________________________"Not without my team, y-you're all family to me!"

She managed to get Osmond out at least, but even they ended up losing eachother in the chaos of their escape, Kimiko left completely on her own now, and injured at that. As for the other two members of their team though...

'They can't be...'

Athena and Raven, the last images of seeing them plagued her mind, scarring her, as she felt fully responsible for their loss. She tried her best to get them out, but it wasn't good enough. She failed them as a leader, she failed them as a friend. And Osmond, while she managed to help him escape, the two had been forced to split up, and she had no idea if he was alive at this point. It didn't help either that her scroll was damaged too, and she had no way of contacting him, or anyone from Beacon for help.

She was hiding, afraid, injured, ...and alone, left with nothing more than her conflicted, self-loathing thoughts, the reality of her grim situation all settling in.

_______________________________________'Gone... they're all gone.'

________'Raven... I should have listened to his warning.'

_________________________________________'What am I going to tell Athena's family?'

__________________'Osmund... are you... are you still alive?'

_____________________________________________'Damnit... we should have been more careful.'

______'I should have seen it coming, I should have kept my guard up.'

_________________________________'What's going to happen now...?'

______________________________________________________'I don't even know where I am, how will I get back to Beacon?'

__________'Am I going to die out in the wild on my own? ...What a pitiful way to go.'

_______________________________________________'Surely they sent a search party... right?'

_______________________'Why me? Why -them-? We did everything right, Team SOAR is... we....

__'Team SOAR doesn't exist anymore.'

______________________________________________________'I didn't even get to say goodbye.

___________________'No graduation together. I'll never see them have kids. I can't even hold them close anymore.'

________'Face it... they're gone. You ******** it up. This is -your- fault!

________________________________________________________'Am I a terrible person?'

___________________________'Why do I get to live? What makes me more special than them?'

____________________________________________________ 'I don't deserve this.'

__________________________________'It should have been me, not them.'

__________________________I'm sorry everyone...'

____________'God... I am so.. so... sorry.'

At the moment, it was about surviving. She was on the run, lost now, and having been traveling for the last day on a badly injured leg and arm. Her glasses broke, leaving her vision blurred, she was covered in dirt and there was dried blood stuck against her pants from the leg injury she hadn't treated, and now, hunger and thirst had been coming in.

Beacon was a risky but prestigious academy, and sometimes, students suffered, and accidents happened. But now, an entire team was in shambles, and if she didn't find shelter or aid, or the ones hunting them managed to find Kimiko, then she was done for. For all she knew, Osmond could have already been captured himself.

Fortunately, little did she know, was that four teams and several hunters were closing in to her location soon enough. She may have been far from Vale, still lost deep in the woods, but surely they'd expand their search and find her, and hopefully Osmond too, right?

User Image______
                                                ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

User Image
Haximal Salik

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Location: Hunter's HELM Communications' Room | Mood: Still curious as to what's going on. | Company: A cute red head with a fiery attitude to match, A boisterous feline faunus, and a calm guy with Glasses.
Health: 100% | Aura: 100% | Injuries: none

✲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✲

Someone didn't look happy at all. The pretty girl with red hair instantly raised up her voice to the point of almost yelling in irritation, obviously catching on that Haximal did not really know what the situation was, and getting quite angry about that discovery. 'The Lady needs to learn to smile more it seems, but that little fireball is probably quite good in a fight.' Luckily, she was interrupted by the comm monitor flickering to life, and Ozpin's figure showing on the screen. Disaster avoided. Even though the feline faunus seemed nervous about something before, as soon as Beacon's headmaster showed up on the screen his mood perked up, asking what Ozpin had for... Well, Haximal guessed he was talking about the hunter's old team. That made sense enough.

Ozpin began his explanation of the mission, initially just giving the captain even more questions than he had before. There was mention of an assembly, which Haximal hadn't attended, missing Hunters, Staff, and Students, a new form of Dust, something about a mission, and being in charge of student teams. "Woah slow down Ozpin, I never heard about any of this. You just told me 'come to Beacon and be prepared to leave at 7:40.' That's all. If you're going to have me flying all these people around, I'm fine with it, but I need to be filled in on the details."

Well, at least the professor wasn't sending the transportation manager in completely blind, as he told the girl to give Haximal a letter containing the mission details. "Thank you Miss." He opened up the letter and read it within a couple seconds, as there really was not much on there. "4-star mission against obviously very competent dust criminals, running in Vale, requiring three Hunters to lead. Ozpin those students that are with us looked like Freshman. And you didn't even tell them any of the real mission details? Have you lost your mind?

Even as the captain spoke questioningly to Beacon's Headmaster, he knew that the guy had already made his decision, and was not going to change it. Stubborn old b*****d. As he knew that he would be taking off soon, he began typing into separate notification panels, one for his crew and the other for his guests. For both the message began with "Hello everyone, this is a message from your serving Captain. The Hunter's HELM will soon be taking off. We are headed towards the Northern port of Vale, and should arrive at our destination between one and two hours time. As the trip is a rather short one, I recommend that all guests spend less time in the dorm, and take advantage of the vessel's entertainment and luxury treatments such as the pool or arcade. Of course it is also perfectly alright to relax in your rooms if that is what you prefer. In the middle area of the ship's upper deck, you will find a in-house restaurant with multi-window views, and as special for this Hunter Assist Mission, the kitchen shall be serving up delicious Ham in whatever kind you desire. Honey Glazed, Hickory Smoked, Barbequed, all those and more available. Enjoy your visit on my ship to the fullest. Have a nice flight everyone."

The crew had learned to pay close attention to such announcements, as they, while serving more like advertisements, were full of semi-hinted at instructions. Getting the ship ready for a trip to Vale, the course plotted, engines primed, life guard to stop relaxing in the hot tub, and of course the kitchen to prepare quite a lot of pork. But right after, all the crewmembers were given one more bit of information, one that made the usual laid-back and talkative staff go quiet, and make sure everything was done to absolute perfection. "Looks like we're heading into a potential Red Zone people. I am placing the ship on a fixed yellow alert status. All crewmember's authorization to the armory granted as of now. You know the drill of this alert. I want everyone fully armed until further notice."

User Image

How many times are you gonna try to shut me out?
I told you once, told you twice, I ain't turning back around
You can say whatever, try to mess with me
I don't care, I'm not scared
Did you think that I would surrender easily?
Just like that, you were getting rid of me
Is that the way you saw it all go down?
I don't think, I don't think so
There's not a word you can say I haven't heard before
So give it up, give it up unless you want a little more
You think you're pretty tough, so let's throw down
It's alright, I'm alright
I won't give up, I'll keep trying
It's not over, I'll keep fighting
I'm always gonna be the last one standing

OOC:
Sorry for the wait on this guys. I'll try to get posts in more often in the future.

Subsequent Time

Jack_McLoughlin

Cloud3234

Programminq

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Blake Belladona

User Image
Blake heard Yang's question about the Ursa and smiled, remembering how her partner punched it through before she threw Gambol Shroud. It was such a surprise to see her entranced behavior, but nonetheless, it was worth it that it lead to their quirky friendship. She watched Nora speed talk to Haximal, the captain, and frowned, almost expecting the man would lose his cool against the girl, but he didn't. He quickly dismissed her and handed a familiar white-haired girl a mini device. They were soon given to everyone, and Blake studied it carefully, taking note of their location. 'A little impressive of him to not snap at Nora, but I can't imagine what she would be like as a crew member in an air ship..' Blake thought, frowning. Remembering the other girl, her hairbow gave a twitch, seeing her quiet friend walk into her room solitarily and shut the door behind her. 'Oh, right, she's part of Riley's team.'' She and Ayla weren't too close, but they knew each other well enough; only because the two recognized each other from their involvement with White Fang. She left the rest of her teammates to themselves, seeing how each room had two beds, and walked to a free room, looking at Yang expectantly to come over. "We should choose our rooms before we go anywhere else.. I'm kinda hungry though." She opened the door, revealing the interior to be similar as the others, but slightly different and still just as impressive as she had seen it.

"Neat." Blake seated herself on one of the beds and looked up at the decorative lights on the ceiling. They seemed to shine on her yellow eyes, and eventually made her look down with sensitivity from its brightness. She had nothing more to say, about the room, but her stomach was definitely growling. Remembering she saw a fridge in Ruby's and Weiss' room, Blake scanned the corners if there was one in their room. There was, and the Faunus walked over and crouched down to open it. In it were baked goods, sandwiches, several cans of soda, some iced tea, energy bars, and surprisingly whiskey at the lower left corner of the fridge. Blake didn't bother taking the alcohol, and instead reached for a soda, an iced tea, and two sandwiches for her and Yang if she was around. "You want?" she asked, holding out the can of orange soda and a sandwich out to her partner.

From shadows
We'll descend upon the world
Take back what you stole
From shadows
We'll reclaim our destiny
Set our future free
And we'll rise
And we'll rise User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Velvet Wolff's Other Half

Unforgiving Tactician

10,625 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
Philip Ackerman

How interesting..

User Image

The green cladded genius looked around the aircraft before responding to Yang. He scrunched his eyes for a bit before seeing the senior Hunters go off along with someone looking like a pirate to a disclosed place he accessed to where they were all going.

"Um...Yang was it? I'll take a rain check on that "Skinny Dipping" you suggested earlier," he told her as he twisted around a bit, surveying the area for anyone trying to get him caught just in case, before sneaking away to follow the senior hunters. He followed and lagged behind the group of Hunters so that they may not notice him on the way there when he sneaked past some of the crew members. He even had to hide behind a door before continuing his trip towards what he thought was the communication room, he waited around the corner until the door was closed.

"Alright...time to find out what's so secret about this now," he thought to himself, determined to overhear their conversation inside. The door had a window on top so he then lowered himself almost to the bottom of the door before he took out a headphone and a little microchip. The microchip was designed to hear through almost every surface except the material walls that absorb the sound frequency from the inside so that it would not be heard from said spies. He placed the chip on the door before tapping his headphones a bit. The frequency was a bit wacky and hard to decipher at first but then resulted in a perfect hearing frequency. He suddenly heard Ozpin's voice.

"Now, as you all know from the previous assembly. There are missing Hunters and staff members missing from their Hunter Assist missions. Well, intel has found some unknown dust that has not been discovered and now we're still trying to research on what this substance is. Now, Proceed with caution when you're going on this mission since we do not know what it does to hunters and the students alike. If you find any information about this during the mission, it is imperative to report this back to Beacon ASAP. Any information that is withheld from our school will be branded as a traitor since it would cause suspicions of a spy."

Philip's eyes widen at the astonishing information about this new dust the Academy has never even known about. He had to tell his team about this. Cec could possibly get right on this case and both of them could solve it, like usual. He immediately unplugged the microchip and the headphone from said chip and bolted out of there enough for them to hear the footsteps a bit from the outside. There was definitely fishy activities going on this mission. If the Academy doesn't even know about this new found dust, then they do not even know what they're getting into. He immediately went to his scroll and went to actually call Cecilia for a meeting place to discuss this new found information.

"Cec, out of all the times I actually need you. Please answer now!" he thought to himself worriedly about the subject at hand.

Might I take research in this?

Devoted Poster

11,425 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image Nora Valkyrie User Image
[Location: Helm private room (herself) -> Helm private room (Weiss and Ruby]
The Wild Hammer of Team JNPR
|- Weapon: Magnhild -|

User Image
'~Boing~'

This place was great~ Beacon had some nice rooms and a lot of fun activities to do with others, but a ship like this was grand, impressive, and rather cozy! She already had plans to run through the halls, gorge down the meals in claims that she was just 'testing' the food, and she wondered if she would be allowed to skydive out of the ship later~

'~Boing~'

At the moment though, Nora was gleefully leaping on the bed, testing the comfortable mattress and the lavishing frame to it's limits as Nora was agressively jumping up and down on it, slamming her feet into it, going high with a flip, and then coming back down hard on it with another bounce.

'~Boing~'

Her mind was scattered too, which may have been normal for the orange haired, pink and white dressed girl, but in this case, it was running even faster than usual. Was Ren okay? What was Team RWBY up to? Was she still going to go shopping with Pyrrha tomorrow? Did this ship have SUPER SPEED!? What would happen in the mission this evening? ...And for a moment, a more serious thought in her head; what happened to the other teams, and would this be a rescue mission, or a later burial...?

'~Boing~'

No! Negative thoughts were not allowed! Leaping on the bed with her aggressive bouncing, Nora did another flip, before the message device that Haximal gave her and the others would give a little jingle and a buzz, Nora having left it on the desk, but hearing it. She would check it in a moment, but for now, she needed to nail the triple-flip! This bed was so bouncy, she might be able to nail it!

'*CRRAAA~AAACK!'

"Oops..." She landed it! But not without the bed frame suddenly snapping beneath her, Nora stood in the middle of the split bed, lucky that she didn't get any scratches along her leg from the splintered wood frame, and the girl just giggled awkwardly at the accident before walking away from it like nothing happened. All it really meant for her was one thing; time to find a new room already~!

Grabbing Magnhild, and then the small notification device Haximal gave them all, Nora went to read hers as she left the room, just missing a few other people who traveled the halls just before she exited, and went to the next room she could find. Not even thinking it was occupied, Nora opened the door wide, nearly damaging the hinges from how suddenly she burst through it, and the girl's bright turquoise eyes scanned the next room, only to find- "Oh hey! Sooorry, I thought the room was empty~" With a cheerful giggle like this was just a silly accident, Nora stepped into the room that both Ruby and Weiss were in, the bubbly and airheaded member of JNPR stepping in even after saying that, practically inviting herself inside without seeing any problem about this, like it was normal to just waltz into another persons room. ..Then again, she did that already to team RWBY now and again, so this actually was kind of normal.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces