Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
For a few minutes, various drilling and machine sounds were heard from inside the frigate, until it went silent for a while, then from the door way walked a tall, extremely beautiful woman with blonde hair and piercing white eyes. She was carrying some kind of large weapon on her back. Walking up to the group she said with a soft and soothing voice,

" Consider this an official truce for time time being. To show this, I have removed my armor as a symbol of peace. Now it seems we both have bigger problems to deal with. I was pretending to work for the Space Pirates in order to extort resources from them in my search for the Hunter. It seems they have finally figured it out and have sent their own hunters out to kill me. Luckily, they believe I am stationed on the other side of the galaxy. By the time they figure it out and make it here, I will be prepared enough to fight them off. " She turned to Marcus and said to Josh over the comms,

" The medical bay is through the door to the left inside the main building. It has several Auto-Docs there that will tend to your wounds easily. ", then said to everyone else, " As for the rest of you, the barracks are through the door to the right and the armory is straight ahead. There are energy and missile recharge stations there, as well as custom made weapons and energy ammo for most weapons. Take whatever you need. "

Romantic Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
Samus entered a few of her own commands to her ship, and had it dock in the repair bay. She hoped that her ship would actually be repaired, and not sabotaged more. "Well then, looks like we're gonna have to fend them off sooner or later. First though, we have to deal with this Sage person, and quickly." She said. She turned and started to head to the armory, going for the recharge stations.

Josh had picked up the unconscious Cat woman, and started to carry her towards the medical bay. She wasn't bad looking, that's for sure, at least when she wasn't trying to kill everyone. Once he settled her down and got the machines working on her, he went back to Dragon Claw. "Why exactly are you doing this? You pretend to work for the Pirates to track down Samus, you want to fight her, then help us. Something doesn't really add up here."

Dapper Loiterer

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Telia wasn't exactly helpful as Josh pulled the Cat out of the medical pod on the ship, but she didn't hinder Josh or try anything. Partially because she hoped the Cat would simply die, and partially because she was getting Marcus sorted enough to be presentable, and sane. The medical suite wasn't sure how to deal with the Phazon, but Telia had an idea. While Marcus grumbled and went to get his ship in order, Telia headed into the compound.

She showed up just as Josh was asking the woman that was under the Dragon Claw armor what her motives were. While the Dragoon had her own curiosity, she also understood to some extent why the now renegade pirate would do what she was doing. She just shook her head, and muttered "So much to learn." to herself as she passed both of them on the way to the armory. Some of the weapons looked appealing, but she was more interested in the parts bins and tools.

Dragon Claw apparently had a thing about being neat in her armory, because Telia wasn't able to find much of what she was hoping for in the armory itself. A few of the tools she was looking for were there, but it wasn't near enough. After debating with herself for a few minutes, she bundled the tools she needed into a small box, and headed back to the docking hangar, looking slightly distracted as she went.

Once she arrived, she saw Samus working on her own gunship, and Telia found what she was looking for. Dragon Claw was well equipped, and the machine shop she had showed it. "Next time I build a ship, it's going to be bigger. Much bigger. For now though, time to see what I can make a mess with." she said, setting the armory tools on a bench before finding the various containers of scrap and parts that were laying around.

Within half an hour the shop was filled with the sounds of industry as Telia began shaping the various components to what she was creating. Casual inspection would reveal the vague shape of a weapon of some kind, but it was still far from complete.

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
She paused for a moment and looked out of the hangar to the blue sky after Josh asked why she was doing everything she was doing.

" We are in contradiction, yet we both strive for the same end. Peace and happiness in the galaxy. How odd.... " she said trailing off. She glanced at Samus's ship and said,

" In truth, if I could have stopped the attack on the K-2L colony that ended in the death of the Hunter's parents, I would have. Perhaps if that event was prevented, this contradiction between us would also have been prevented. Consequentially, I would have never been created, but if it meant that the countless lives that were lost could live once more... " Her eyes narrowed a bit as she went deeper into thought.

" I suppose I feel as if I have nothing to lose....Unlike the Hunter, I was never given the luxury of being treated as a woman, a human, or even a living being. I was created for the sole purpose of her destruction. A weapon. That is my reason for being. If a weapon can't destroy a target properly, it has no reason to continue functioning. " she said. She realized then that she was going on about random things and didn't properly answer his question.

" Forgive me, I was lost in thought. The reason I am helping you for the time being is so that the Hunter and I may have a fair and uninterrupted duel of honor when this is all over. Only then will I be truly satisfied, and if I should die, I will have died like a proper warrior should. Do you have any objections to what I'm doing? "

Romantic Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
"I'm pretty sure the pirates did not want peace and happiness in the galaxy, considering what they've done lately." Josh said. "However, if it's a fair and uninterrupted duel you want, I'm quite sure that's what you'll get. As for the countless lives lost, I have a feeling that you and I both know what those lives would've been used for. Then again, different viewpoints." Josh continued to move the Cat to the medical bay, and set her down. He sat down in an area next to her, and let the machines look at his own wounds, though they weren't that bad.

Dapper Loiterer

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Telia's work went on uninterrupted for almost two hours, and Marcus wandering in after checking what was left in his ship was good timing as far as Telia was concerned. She had finished her project, and the collection of pieces were laying on one of the heavy work tables Dragon Claw had set up in there. Marcus simply looked curious as he poked one of the larger sections of whatever it was with his claw. It made a light clink noise as the claw tapped the reinforced metal, and it barely budged.

He turned to look at Telia with a raised eye ridge and she gave him a half smile. "Best I could come up with on short notice. You're acting like someone left you to starve for a while. Whatever that Phazon garbage is it's affecting your mind. Fortunately Core ended up with some files from Samus's ship, and he had the decoding keys, unlike the pirates. This is based on some tech they used during a not so distant multi planet war with the "Space Pirates". Looks like the same group that Dragon Claw was mentioning. Though the G.F. records don't mention any faction other than the one they keep having Samus blow up. This is based on that, with some extra bits from the Chozo and of course our own engineering thrown in. Gonna warn you, it's going to hurt like a mother when you put it on. Once it charges the tanks and capacitors though you should be a bit calmer." she said, gesturing for him to sit down.

While Marcus wouldn't claim to understand the finer details, it was his sister, and she was the one person he could trust more than Samus at this point. He sat down with an inarticulate grunt, apparently not trusting himself to speak quite yet. The mess of parts was quickly assembled into a massive Lantern Shield . She had even managed to at some point integrate his buster pistol into the main body, allowing him to keep his ranged capabilities.

The edge of the blade was dull gray, but as she showed him, it would energize for combat when he was ready. It would run off his internal power supply for the most part, but with the PED system having been upgraded and build into most of the parts, he could also add a huge boost with his own nearly unlimited fuel. In addition to the shield and gun, it came with armor augmentations for his arms, and a half plate of chest and back armor to give him some additional protection. Plus the off hand could still be used to deploy some of the other parts for his buster's multi weapon system. All in all it was a useful tool.

With everything settled in place, He flipped the blade forward, and then clenched with a snarl as the PED started forcibly siphoning off the excess Phazon in his body. It only lasted a minute or two but Marcus was tired afterward. He slipped the blade again and looked sidelong at his sister. "That sucked almost as bad as that last fight with him. I hope that's not a constant thing." he said to her, a weak smile on his features.

Telia for her part just hugged her brother, glad he was at least more coherent. "Yeah, but it's good to have you back. I'll check up on our prisoner, make sure they're securing her. You go and see if Samus needs any help with her ship. that thing looked like it was just this side of a scrapyard to me, but I could be wrong. Oh, and be careful with that thing, it's still sharp you know." she said, heading for the medical bay.

It only took her a few minutes, but when she got there, her expression darkened seeing both the Cat and Josh in the medical berths, and nobody had taken the time to strap the cat into the bed to ensure she didn't try anything. Telia wasn't in her armor, having shed it during her work in the shop, but she was still capable.

She started approaching the bed with the Cat on it, and stopped. One of the medical bots was in the corner, getting maintenance performed on one of it's tools. Specifically the one that looked like it had held a long probe used for examining deep wounds. Long and sharp, it would make an excellent improvised weapon. With cautious steps she approached the cat's right arm.

The cat in the meantime was patiently waiting, playing unconscious. She could hear Telia enter, and had to work to keep her body from betraying her with an elevated pulse or muscle spasms. Pain still roared in her belly, but she forced it down as she became aware that her long sought after foe was not wearing armor this time. Once Telia was in range, she snapped her arm out suddenly, using a small portion of her own power to hyper charge her muscles. Even Telia wouldn't have time to react without equipment.

"Telia barely had a fraction of a second to realize she had fallen into the trap as the improvised shiv pierced the left side of her chest, the velocity of the Cat's swing giving it enough power to pierce her hide, and subsequently, one of her hearts. Pain racked her body as the spike was also carrying a charge, but her rage was more than enough to keep it from overwhelming her. Almost as fast as the Cat, her hand snapped to the spike, and wrapped around the Cat's own apendage. With a vicious strike with the other arm, she not only shattered the Cat's elbow, but dislocated the shoulder and sprained the wrist.

The cat screeched in renewed agony as she was again heavily injured. Telia on the other hand didn't show any mercy. With the cat unable to focus, she yanked her hand from the spike buried in her chest, and then punched the cat in the face, hard. Stars filled the Cat's field of view as her head snapped to one side, and several teeth were knocked loose. With the Cat dazed, Telia was free to quickly use the bed restraints to strap the further injured Elite to the bed in such a manner she couldn't get her claws into the material to cut herself loose.

With that done, and the Cat recovered enough to start throwing insults, Telia snarled, and smashed her elbow into the Cat's temple, rendering the Cat utterly unconscious. Satisfied that the prisoner wouldn't be awake any time soon to try again, she turned to Josh. The bloody spike was still sticking out of her chest, and the look on her face was just shy of murderous.

"Now I wonder who's bright idea it was to put a dangerous prisoner in the med lab WITHOUT RESTRAINTS!" she roared, ripping the spike out as she finished. The bloodied metal clattered to the floor in front of Josh as she fought to stay standing. "If I have to put her in her place again, I'll be permanent. I'll also remind you that the only reason she is alive is because a friend of my brother's asked. My willingness to allow her to live is rapidly dwindling. Pray for her sake she doesn't get loose, I won't hesitate to kill her, and neither will Marcus." She said, slowly regaining her composure. The hole in her hide had stopped bleeding, and was slowly starting to heal over. The burns from the electrical discharge were slowing the regeneration, but not halting it.

Marcus at that moment came charging down the hall and into the medical bay, his gun ready to fire. He had felt the flash of pain through his and his sister's link, but without more he assumed the worst. His assumption was confirmed by the fact his sister was covered in blood, and the Cat was now being treated for even more injuries by the medical bots. "Lemmie guess, she wasn't bolted to the table." he said, lowering his weapon.
As time had passed, Jason had been sitting in his ship quietly, going over the events that had transpired earlier. To be honest, they tired him out a tad, especially due to the fact he had been carrying around nearly his own weight in weaponry. But the prize he was most proud of claiming sat on the floor, a home not yet found since he had liberated it from the case he found it in. He was smart as well, having stripped it of any sort of identification devices put on it by the crew that he stole it from and destroying those outright. He quietly smirked as he pat his tail, the fur starting to become knotted again. He needed to find that brush when he landed, he forgot where he had left it.

No sooner had that thought come to mind than a message came across the main display, showing that there was now enough power for all systems to run effectively. Shifting his posture in the seat, he grabbed the controls and began to make his descent towards the coordinates relayed to him. It was a tad shaky as his ship descended close to the surface, it being quite a unique scene to him. He had only read about and seen pictures of the planet, but never visited it himself. It was a bit of a treat for the small hunter. Docking at the frigate where the rest of his companions had their ships landed, he geared up his suit but only grabbed one weapon. The large anti-materiel rifle was picked up carefully as he climbed from his ship, hopping down onto the catwalk nearby, resting the weapon on his shoulder as if it were a two handed sword. The reason for him to wear his suit? He was still nervous about how others would react to his appearance, especially since he wasn't here to try and make enemies. Plus it wouldn't attract as much attention as if he was parading around with his fox-like ears and tail visible to all.

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dragon Claw began to relax a little more while everyone was off taking care of their own business when she heard the loud commotion in the Medical Bay. She walked briskly to the disturbance to find that a fight had broke out and Telia was wounded. It looks like she had a fight with the cat lying on the medical table. She sighed for a moment, looked to Josh, then said,

" I would appreciate it if you do everything in your power to keep the violence here to a minimum. Why you brought this thing here is beyond my understanding. Given how it is reacting, surely you cannot assume it will comply and give you information. " She looked at Telia's wound and said,

" Thank you for your restraint. I'm sure it was tempting to simply kill her. Please feel free to use anything here to treat your wounds. " She began to walk out the door when she finished by saying,

" I am heading to the Chozo Ruins to check on the wild life. Contact me through radio if you need me. You are free to roam Tallon as you please, but I ask that you keep the violence to a minimum. Most creatures here have been domesticated to an extent that they will not attack unless provoked, so please keep that in mind. " With that, she went out the door and back to the upstairs room to equip her armor. After the machines in her room attached her armor again, she walked out to the hangar, then flew out, making her way over to the Chozo Ruins.

When she arrived, she was greeted by the Beetles and plated Beetles there. She bent down and stroked them gently while running scans on their bodies, checking to see how their development was going as well as how healthy they were.

Romantic Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
Josh cringed a moment, feeling the burn for his own mistake. He went and set about putting proper restraints on the Cat, just to make sure nothing else stupid happened. Also upon hearing the insults, he decided to put a gag on her as well. "My apologies. Next time I'll be much more weary of this one, either that, or next time she tries something stupid, she'll burn...slowly." He said to Telia.

Samus had heard the scream and come running in soon after Marcus, and saw the situation. "Jesus Christ Josh, you'd think you'd at least remember to properly secure your prisoners." She said.

"I already apologized and secured her, don't need another damn reprimand Sammy." Josh said, turning his head.

Dapper Loiterer

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Telia was feeling much vindicated by the fact that she was not the only one that yelling at Josh for his mistake. However she said and did nothing to indicate as much. Instead she dug around and helped him finish the restraining of the Cat. She knew her old foe's tricks, so it was easy to ensure the Elite couldn't get loose even if she tried.

"Lesson learned, corrections made, time to move on with our lives. I'm not dead, and I'll find clothes somewhere I'm sure. I'm sure that Josh will keep security at the forefront of his thoughts if we get another prisoner. You guys seem to be more in the know, so I'll let you guys settle on our next plan. I'm going to check my ship to see what they didn't steal." she said, excusing herself and sliding past Samus on her way toward the docking bay.

On the way she encountered the almost comical sight of Jason packing around his almost outlandishly over sized rifle into the base. Telia had not had time to really be introduced to the smaller hunter, and to her sight he seemed to be emitting a similar energy to Marcus. This made her wonder, but she instead tried to strike up a conversation. Something she hadn't done in a long time.

"I never did get a chance to thank you back there. If not for you and the others I might have lost my brother, and Sage would have won." she said to the smaller hunter, her appreciation showing through. While she could not read his thoughts, she did wonder why he didn't remove his armor. If anyone would have known his thoughts, Marcus and Telia would have easily dismissed any chance of him looking out of place. They both had scales, tails, and in Marcus's case, wings. He was certainly not the strangest of the lot.

"You planning on using that on something?" she asked, gesturing to his rifle.

Marcus for his part didn't join in on the reprimands. He had been informed of the situation, and his sister had taken the steps to rectify the situation. Samus had added her part to that as well. "I'm with Telia on the last part. Done and corrected. I wanted to know what you two wanted to do next, since I'm now back to being mostly sane again. I know Sage is going to be pissed. We just trashed one of his most secure prisons, and managed to capture one of his hand picked Elites. When they find us they're going to drop on us like an orbital strike. We're also going to need better armor if we plan on taking the Elites apart. The Cat is the weakes of them, she's meant for wetwork and small party captures. They'll get nastier as they move up the rest of the squad. There's twelve, including our guest. Everyone from rank 6 and up can physically overpower me, and their abilities are viciously powerful. Sage is even worse than them. My thoughts is we should work on getting the side threats removed. The pirates for example. If Samus can get the Federation, or at least a few people on our side, we might be able to survive this."

(((Edit OOC: So you are aware, they don't read minds. It's against everything they've been taught. Plus, it's not an ability they have. FYI)))
Forsaken Scholar
As he had moved through the halls, the woman he had met hours earlier had approached him and showed him her gratitude. Jason didn't see it as anything special, he was doing what he could to help his friends. But he wasn't going to downplay it of course. "It was no problem. Plus I got a nice toy," he replied, obviously making reference to the rifle he had been holding. It was obviously a monster of a gun, and definitely not one to wield while standing upright. It was definitely interesting that she was related to Marcus, most likely also trying to probe his mind for thoughts. He didn't know when he had built up a resistance to it. Maybe his past experiences hardened his defenses more than he thought.

The question about the rifle was one somewhat expected, but one he had an answer for immediately. "Not unless we get attacked anytime soon. I just want to see what extra modifications I can make to it to see if I can make it as useful as possible. Though it might entail going back to my ship to pick up one extra part." The part he was referring to of course being a phazon based charge system that could link to his armor. The right modifications would make it compatible and the rifle a borderline superweapon.

Dapper Loiterer

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Telia chuckled slightly as Jason downplayed his involvement, and brought up the rather nice find he was carrying on his shoulder. Telia eyed the rifle critically as he mentioned taking it to see if there were any mods he could make. From the look of the weapon she had a few ideas, and at least one that he might want to seriously consider, if for no other reason than the gun was a monster, and his stature wasn't exactly "massive".

"Sounds like a grand idea to me. If I might offer a thought or two, I'd look at some stock options. That gun is meant for Sabrin natives, it's going to have almost no recoil compensation. You fire that thing and even on the ground you might end up heading to the med bay. I would suggest a hydraulic recoil system in place of the solid pad, and I think I saw a kinetic feed assist in my ship's stores. It'll suck up a good chunk of the recoil, and use that to assist you in chambering that monster. Plus, if you get yourself some of the hybrid rounds I make, we can put a charge dump mechanism in the receiver as well to give you a real nasty punch.

Plus I'd get a newer smart scope. That one's optics are notorious for losing alignment under repeated fire." she said, ticking off the options on her fingers as she went. As she thought about what was available in the armory, having just gone through it, she realized that most of the components were available.

"I'm pretty sure I saw most of that in the armor too. Dragon Claw seems to be a bit of a collector. I'd be happy to help you find it and make sure the scope is set up right if you'd like."

((OOC: Keep in mind, she currently looks like she was stabbed, and despite the fact she is willing and ready to help someone turn a small cannon into a small cannon that barely kicks. She's not nutty much xp )))
Forsaken Scholar

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Aaron had other things on his mind at the moment, so his comment was distant, almost confused-sounding.
"Huh? Oh, right. Yeah, uh, security. Mistakes. Don't let it happen again, kay? Wait, what about the Federation? Thought everyone here was above it, but hey, if we need..."
The Lagiacrus docked anyway, and it had managed to remain mostly intact. The new weapons array certainly did the trick.

"She acts as if nature is peaceful. It's not...if anything, it's the most savage thing in existence...look at us. A creature that devours things from the inside out...and that was before we became sentient." Ash breathed, raising an eyebrow at Dragon Claw. "....Can we eat the cat? We want to eat the cat."

Romantic Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
"The quicker we remove the side threats, the better." Samus said. "As for the Federation, I'm still just a bounty hunter, I don't know how much sway I'll have, as famous as I am. Our friend Aaron here might be able to do a bit more for us."
Hearing her rattle off the possible modifications possible made him grin under his helmet. While she couldn't see his face, would could possibly tell just by looking at him that this was making him feel a bit devilish. And it was definitely true, he hadn't considered the fact that the thing would probably kick so hard it would rip his arm off. Though as he watched her, he could tell she was in a bit of pain. It was something he couldn't dismiss. "I would definitely appreciate the help with modifications!" He paused for a few moments though, quickly realizing that it probably wouldn't be wise to work on it in her condition. "We should get you patched up first, at the very least. I don't think it's a wise idea to be working on something that could use some concentration when pain is in your mind. At the very least something to help dull your pain." He knew about the mental link between her and Marcus, but it would still probably be wise to at least make it so she can ignore the pain the best they could.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff