Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Werewolf

User Image

Watching as people scattered towards and away from the scene that was going on not far from her current location but she had other things to attend to. Zeus would not stay quiet for long, and she needed a lead. Getting into the car that was waiting for her she looked to the driver," take me to Hell's Kitchen."
"Ma'am, that's not a place for..."
"Please... Just do it. I am quite aware of what kind of place it is." The driver gave a hesitant sigh before turning back in his seat to drive the woman where she asked.  It didn't take them long to arrive in the not so charming part of the city. 
"This is close enough. You can leave me here. Go home after I get out of the car."
"But Ma'am!" the man was clearly worried for her safety.
"I'll be fine," with a soft smile to the driver she got out of the car and started to walk a few streets down before going out of the drivers sight and up to an apartment building. Making her way up the stairs she passed various people in the halls. Some elderly, some children, most young adults shooting cat calls at her. Paying them no tension she continued on her way up the stairs until she came across a door with a strange smell coming from it. Her eyes glowed softly and the door unlocked. Entering the door she made her way inside the apartment shutting the door behind her. Walking down the dirty halls of the home the smell had gotten stronger and as she turned at the end of the hall she saw the two men Daredevil was currently stalking and the third drugged man sitting in a chair.
"Icarus, more drugs?" she questioned man sitting in the chair: she ignored the two who were probably quite shocked to see her in their kitchen.
The drugged mans head turned best he could while the drugs took hold of his body, he looked as though he had done every drug in the book at least once and he still might be on half of them. "Hello, Athena..." 

User Image

Wheezing Believer

15,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image
Veronica stretched languidly in her private car as she rode to her hotel in New York City. "Hm, thank God I don't have to deal with Vera when I get to my room groaning about how late my business keeps me up." She mumbled to herself as she watched the city light pass by her in the car. It was quite different than her dear, lovely Chicago. It had less of its old architecture, which made her want to pout a little, she had been to New York briefly with Emery when they where newly-weds and she hardly recognized any of it anymore. Sure, there where bits and pieces still scattered here and there, but she missed the charm of old New York and the people as well. "Well at least the Met is still in existence, might go see it sometime while I'm here...."
She sighed as her car finally pulled up to the highrise hotel, and waited patiently for the driver to open her door. She slipped out with a quiet thank you and strode into the building with a practiced ease, she was yet again an actress reprising her role as the rich high society business woman instead of the Indiana farm girl turned big city hotshot, she found that the distinct difference in manners made people respect her more. That made them less likely to question her and her off hand comments about her past. Her dress swung around her calves while walking up to the front desk, the crinoline kept the bell shape of the elegant Grace Kelly inspired dress. "Ah, you must be Ms. St.John. Your belonging are already in the penthouse, the elevator operator will know what floor your going to, just show him this." The man handed her a badge with a polite smile, while telling her if she needed anything the number was in her room. She thanked him and went on her way up the ornate elevator to the penthouse. She didn't even really examine it when walking in, the exhaustion from the party she'd bee subjected to taking its toll. She stumbled into the bed room quickly slipping off the dress and petticoat before falling in the bed as soon as her heels where off. She knew she'd need the rest, SHIELD was too close by not to drop in and she needed a level head to deal with that part of her past.

User Image

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

Bruce awoke some hours after he'd gone to sleep, sitting up, yawning, a stretching before laying back down comfortably to enjoy the comfort of SHIELD's hospitality. It was some minutes before he finally stood and dressed himself with some of the clothes SHIELD had also been kind enough to provide, which actually fit well to his surprise even though they weren't quite his normal style.
He then moved into his lab, taking stock once more of everything he had. He was feeling much better now and took some time to make a list of things he could use. At the bottom he included a request for more colorful attire.

Magical Warrior

Hell-Lord Mephisto

"Yes, she is.... beautiful. And you as well - beautiful. A strong, independant woman like yourself. You deserve better. Maybe you'd consider riding with a new gang." He turned around and showed her the four-piece patch on his back. "We take care of our own." He turned around to face her again, glancing for a moment back at the station where the gang was occupied. "What if I told you that I could make them.... go away? What if I told you that you never had to be treated that way again?"

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
User Image
Alejandra Cortez

"The Hell's Angels, eh? A new gang," Alejandra muttered. "Maybe...you could do that?" she asked, fixing him with a somewhat suspicious look. "What are you, some kinda hechicero? A magic man?" She leaned against her chopper, resting one hand on the edge of the seat and the other on the handlebar. "What would I have to do for you to give me that kinda liberdad? That kinda freedom?"

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Daken's rage peaked hearing another voice on the line. "so Wade got himself a little pansy secretery with a sexy voice. How nice." He managed to get his equipment working and hone in on wade's phone signal. "Spider-Man..." He smiled, now able to see what was going on. "Be a good little arachnid and hand Wade his phone so I can verbal tear him a new one." Daken panned the camera out and froze. He zoomed in on Logan and his eye twitched. "Logan..." He whispered. His expression changed to sheer rage and bliss that now he knew where the man was. Wade actually did somthing right for a change, albeit by accident.

Barking Strawberry

Spider-Man listened to the voice on the other line and after he'd finished speaking, he casually commented, "Wade? Is that his real name? Well than, but I'm sorry. I'm not Wade Deadpool's secretary. She's out to lunch at the moment. As for Wade, he busy at the moment getting trashed by Logan. You now. Mister," and screwing up his face beneath his mask, he screamed into the phone,"Listen, bub. I'm gonna slice you in spaghetti"," in a perfect imitation of Wolverine.

Wheezing Believer

15,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image
Morning came late for Veronica as she, not all to gracefully, rolled out of her bed. She pulled herself up and groggily wandered over to where her trunk of clothing sat untouched. Veronica almost did a double take when she looked on the top of the trunk, feeling utterly unsure in she was seeing it right. Balance delicately on the top of her trunk was a card embossed with the shield insignia that she swore couldn't have been there the night before. "I guess they still make house visits then." she said wryly as she plucked it up flicking the trunk open and grabbing a fresh set of undergarments and a pale blue sundress for the day. She glanced at the card a moment before snorting at its content.

Good Morning Ms.St.John I hope this finds you well, we expect that you'll find yourself at the offices located near central park. They haven't been moved and procedure is relatively the same as the last time you found yourself here, if our asking is not enough incentive, we know that you'd take interest in the fact that we have the son of a former associate of yours (Brian Banner) in house. If that doesn't interest you we may have some information that may be pertinent to your "condition."

Veronica may have lost some interest in pursuing a cure for her late husbands formula, but she remembered the Banners from when she was. Nuclear research had struck her for a while as a possible solution, and Brian Banner was nearby at the time she started to look into it. She never approached the man as any level of researcher or scientific type, she had a feeling she might get caught by SHIELD before she wanted to come back out. Instead, she played the social climber by hitting up events that his superiors had him at. It didn't take anytime to make easy friends with his wife, and as such asking questions about his work in a subversive way to remain seemingly a typical socialite. She had even managed to get invited to a rare little social gathering at the couples house. She liked Mrs. Banner, she had decided early on, but her husband seemed a certain amount of unpleasant to her. It was VERY apparent on the 2 occasions when their son had come up. The first time was at the second little party she attended as a patron, Brian cut his wife off when she mentioned their little boy with a bitter glare. The second time she actually saw a the very young man at the one little cocktail party while looking the bathroom to dab some wine from her black dress out. When she started to try talking to the little boy, she found that his father looked furious to see the little boy near a guest and heard him hiss at the child while she walked away. She hated to do it, but she was too concerned with her cover to address it. She left town not long afterwards, finding that her solution didn't lie in the Doctors preferred field. She snuck into Mrs. Banners funeral a few years later when she was back under SHIELDs radar. She guessed that's how they made a connection. In any-case hearing about the young (well to HER young) Banner being with SHIELD caught her attention and sparked her curiosity. She'd stop by later, she decided as she slinked into her rooms shower.
Veronica decided to hail a cab to the park and walk her way to a once familiar plain building. She was probably just meeting an agent to take her to where-ever the current SHIELD HQ was based out of. It suited her well though, it was quite considerate to have her go to somewhere she would actually know how to get to. She wondered a moment if anyone in the agency she knew was still there. "Probably not." She muttered as she pushed inside the doorway. She sat in a seating area and calmly waited to see what would happen.

User Image

Magical Warrior

Hell-Lord Mephisto

"Oh, that and so much more," he replied, still smiling a friendly smile. The corners of his smile were stretching slowly wider as he watched her. "The price I ask for this is practically a pittance. Just a small item that you have no practical use for. Something you can't even see. It has no value to you at all, really.... Quiero tu alma."

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
User Image
Alejandra Cortez

Alejandra looked at him in consternation. "Mi alma? Por qué?" she asked. "If my soul is no good to me, then what good is it to you?"

Magical Warrior

Hell-Lord Mephisto

Mephisto's eye twitched just slightly, though his unnatural smile never faltered. The young lady was just so full of questions. He took a breath and began to patiently explain, "The soul is like a potent fuel source. For someone like me with the proper means to utilize it, a soul can be very useful. For you this is just an untapped resource. So that's where I come in. I just take that little soul off your hands, and in return I can get you anything you want. Now isn't that a pretty good deal?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image

It wasn't too long after the initial couple of sips had a knock arrived at the door. The hazy luster of nostalgia gave way to a sharp stare as Peggy acknowledged the agent within the doorway. Once again, she was on call, at least this time matters weren't as pressing she deducted, or at least destructive in a matter of speaking. The man had briefed her as they journeyed through the halls and as the steel door slid open she was greeted by a familiar face. Venturing over to the seated woman, Peggy offered a cordial, yet tried smile.

"Ms. St. John," she stated politely. "It has been quite sometime. However, I see the years have treated you well."

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
User Image
Alejandra Cortez

"So I give you my soul, and you give me the freedom I want, eh?" Alejandra asked. "Sounds reasonable, I guess. But I dunno if I wanna give it up just yet. Ain't my soul what makes me me?" With only another moment's thought, she came up with a compromise. "How's this, 'pana? You give me la liberdad you say you will, and mi alma is yours when the time comes para mí morir. Pacto?"

Wheezing Believer

15,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kierena
User Image
veronica gave a small smile to the once familiar woman. "ah Director Carter, wait its agent now if I'm not mistaken." Veronica amended with a soft coo. Standing up and shaking the woman's hand. She worked under Peggy Carter for a time, she wasn't quite as long lived as herself and she found it hard to take her seriously at one time. But, carter had proved herself a respectable woman with time, and formed a sort of odd aquatinince through the agelessness they both shared.
"I'm glad so say the same for yourself, Any luck finding something of Steve?" Veronica half-questioned and half-quipped to the younger woman. Not meaning to patronize her as much as to try and lighten the mood. That and she always though they made an adorable couple in her day during the War, recon work made in easy to learn about things like that.
Veronica decided to add onto her question more seriously after a beat or so. "I also heard that Brian Banner's son was under SHIELDs loving care right now, care to inform me?" veronica knew that it wasn't really her place to ask, but she felt she owed it to the poor little boy she didn't speak up for and his mother. Guilt can last a long long time when you have an over abundance of it.

User Image

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

At the woman's first response, Peggy reaffirmed her deductions with a nod and also returned her handshake with a firm grip of her own. However, as the conversation turned, her passionate eyes lacked their usual spark.

"No," she replied. The half-hearted smile she wore endured regardless of the inquiry. "But truly, that's neither here nor there, is it?" Her wistful gaze flickered to an attentive stare once more. "What is, however, is Dr. Banner as you so stated." At that point, Peggy began walking towards the steel door once again, inviting Veronica to join with a brief gesture.

"One of my agents brought him in this morning. Quite a charming fellow in a quiet, meticulous way. Very well-mannered. very shy, but also bright and attentive." Her smile perked up as they began walking the familiar halls. "He will be quite the asset in coming days, I've been reassured. At least, I hope that's to be the case. He's a bit of a gamble given his condition, so I stationed him upon the Helicarrier outside the city for safety measures. Well, as safe as could be, at least for civilian interactions. My men have been briefed on the situation and certain protocols have been taken in lulling their worries in case of an emergency."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff