Welcome to Gaia! ::

(NO LONGER ACCEPTING)

Profiles are no longer being accepted for this RP, since it is nearing a close, but the sequel will begin not long after. This RP is based on Yu-Gi-Oh!, and it will take place MOSTLY at the Duel Academy featured in the GX series, but AFTER GX. This RP is meant to be multi-part, so if you make a character here, make sure you're willing to go through with your story and not just let your character fade away.

DUEL ACADEMY OOC

Duels can be held any way you see fit, whether right in the RP, or via chat, but either way, the duel must be posted in the RP turn-by-turn.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES

Table of Contents:
1- Intro, TOC, Scheduled Academy Events
2- RULES
3- Time line/ Story
4- Characters/ Skeletons

SCHEDULED ACADEMY EVENTS
(NOT HELD IN REAL TIME UNLESS NOTED)

(Days may or may not go by in real time, and are subject to sudden and/or frequent time lapses)
RULES

Possibly the most important post out of the beginning posts. READ THESE. I generally give my players more freedom than I should, so do not abuse that privilege or these rules.

I WILL POST THIS HERE SO EVERYONE SEES IT, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DECK OF THE ACTUAL CARDS, USE INDEX CARDS, SCRAP PAPERS, ANYTHING TO KEEP IT ORGANIZED. USE YUGIOH.WIKIA.COM TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CARDS DO. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO BEFORE USING THEM.

1. YOU WILL BE GIVEN ONE WARNING. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Playing as a character from the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime is of course ok, but make sure their age/ stories make sense to the RP.
3. Obey most general rules of Gaia
4. Romance is fine, there generally is romance in Yu-Gi-Oh! at some point somehow, so go for it.
5. WHINING IN THIS RP WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. See Rule #1.
6. DO NOT be THAT rper. By this, I will give an example.

John Doe walked through the corridor to the room he was kept in, and he remembered hearing about sacred cards. He went to sleep, and when he woke up, a card was in his hand after a dream. "Oh, this must be it!", he said, looking at the card before slipping it into his deck.

7. USE OF A TCG DECK IS NOT REQUIRED, BUT I DO ASK THAT YOU MAKE A DECK OUT OF SOMETHING, SCRAP PAPER, INDEX CARDS, ETC. KEEP IT FAIR.
8. Getting what you need in a duel when you need it always is obviously cheating. See Rule #1.
9. This rp will be played with the North American Advanced rule format. NO JAPANESE CARDS OR CARDS FROM THE SHOW THAT DON'T HAVE REAL RULES YET (THIS ESPECIALLY INCLUDES CUSTOM MADE CARDS). Banned cards apply. See yugioh-card.com to see what is limited, semi limited and forbidden.
10. If you can't handle there being a banned list, you aren't duelist enough anyways, and you don't deserve to play the game, considering the THOUSANDS of other cards to play with. "Oh, i can't use pot of greed, or raigeki, or the envoys, or the other various overpowered cards that make the game not fun!". See Rule #5.
11. OTHER BANNED CARDS WILL BE ADDED BY ME FOR REASONS OF THE SHOW. THEY ARE FORBIDDEN UNLESS PERMISSION IS GRANTED (WITH GOOD REASON WHY THEY HAVE THE CARDS), OR THEY ARE ASSIGNED TO A CHARACTER IN THE STORY. THESE CARDS INCLUDE: The 5 Dragons (Stardust, Ancient Fairy, Red Dragon, etc.), The Egyptian Gods, The Wicked Gods, The Legendary Dragons, The Sacred Beasts, The Earthbound Immortals, Toon cards, pretty much all of Pegasus' unique cards. See Rule #5.
12. Literacy is a MUST. This means speech will be in " ", and the characters are told in 3rd person, so saying "I walk across to the room to the group" is no go. I don't often reject profiles, but if i see you can't spell simple 3rd grade level words, then I don't have much else of a choice.
13. When using a card, it's easiest to have a URL image link attached to it so everyone can see the card.
14: The rarity system of cards in this RP is close to that of the show, this means no decks built around Blue-Eyes White Dragons, but having a set of Exodia is fine
15: If you're in the middle of a conversation or duel, SAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE BEFORE GOING OFFLINE
16: Playing as a teacher or another student or some other person for the sake of dueling, pushing story along, character development, etc. is ok.
17. A few things can be done that aren't in the rules, but more to show off cards better as they do in the show. Monsters can be summoned in face up defense mode, but flip effects will not go off if you do. Flip effects must be activated correctly.
18. PERSONAL LIFE WILL ALWAYS COME BEFORE THIS RP. THIS RULE APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS. NO ONE IS TO FEEL OBLIGATED TO POST SOMETHING, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE THINGS TO DO. THIS RP IS JUST FOR FUN, AND SHOULD NOT COME BEFORE THINGS IN REAL LIFE.
TIME LINE/ STORY/ LOCATIONS/ CLASSES

Young duelists and aspiring Duel Monsters champions, We invite you to enroll in the KaibaCorp. Duel Academy, where you will be instructed in the ways of advanced dueling, so that maybe one day you can rank up to the greats, such as Seto Kaiba or Yugi Muto! Entrance exams are now over, and the students are well on their way to learning the wonderful game of Duel Monsters to the best of their ability! Good luck, Duel Academy students!

This RP will take place AFTER GX but BEFORE 5D's. Turbo Dueling is present, but not featured in the Duel Academy. Synchro monsters have just recently been put into circulation by Industrial Illusions Inc.. Domino City is not quite yet known as Satellite, and New Domino isn't all the way complete in construction.
There are three dorms and classes in the academy.

Slifer Red - Reserved for the lowest duelists possible to be admitted to the school. This color is named after the Egyptian God, Slifer the Sky Dragon.

Ra Yellow - A class for the average and advanced duelists who have a shot at being successful. This color is named after the Egyptian God, Winged Dragon of Ra.

Obelisk Blue - The highest class in the academy for only the most powerful, resourceful and skilled duelists in the school. Most are stuck up and treat the lower, especially Slifers like dirt. This color is named after Seto Kaiba's favorite Egyptian God, Obelisk the Tormentor.

Duel Academy: (Where most of the RP will take place)
- Three dorm houses, One for Slifer Red, one for Ra Yellow, and the biggest for the Obelisk Blue.
- Multipart school building with various classrooms of all sizes
- A large dueling stadium
- A cafeteria
- A Card store
- A dock with a lighthouse at the end
- A bathhouse
- A large Courtyard
- Tons of land around the island
- A fourth dorm house no one knows about aside from the teachers.

Domino City:
- A harbor
- Various Card stores, restaraunts, arenas, hotels, shops, etc.
- A beach with a boardwalk

New Domino City:
- Much larger, more expansive that Domino City
- A huge, unfinished bridge connecting Domino with New Domino
- A large construction area, still completing parts of the city
- A Turbo Dueling arena, which can also hold normal duels.

Duel Academy Classes:

- Basic Duel Strategy
- Advanced Duel Strategy 1-3
- Monster 101
- Advanced Card Type
- Effect Monsters 1-3
- Special Summoning Advanced
- Fusion/ Synchro 1-3 (also referred to simply as "Fusion" )
- Basic Spell/ Trap Knowledge
- Advanced Spell/ Trap
- Spell/ Trap Strategy 1-3
- Spell Speed 1-3
- Duel Monsters History 1-4 (AKA "Duel History" )
- Basic Ritual
- Advanced Ritual 2-4
- Tag (Double Duel) Theory 1-4
- Deckbuilding 1-4
- Archetype Theory 1-4
- Special Monster Type 1-3 (a class that focuses on a specific type of monster)
Characters/ Skeletons

All fields not marked (optional) are required.

Name:
Appearance:
Dorm/Year: (If teacher or another character, Profession or Title)
Classes: (optional)
Deck Name: (optional)
Favorite Card:
Rarest Card:
Bio/ History:
Other Information: (anything else you want to add)
Relationships: (Crush, love interest, friendships, partnerships, etc.)
Screen Name:

Slifer Red

Ra Yellow

Obelisk Blue

Other characters/ Teachers/ Etc.
"No, no, no! This still isn't right!", Kai said, holding his head in his hands, yelling into the air. He was sitting in his room with his deck laid out in front of him and his spare cards scattered all around him. It was quite a mess. "This can't work with this, and I can't use this with this, and you, ooooohhhh, you.. I've got- ... OH NO!", He yelled after looking at the clock. He was going to be late to the entrance exams. "No time no time no time!", He repeated, stuffing his cards into his bag and slapping his current deck into his KaibaCorp. Battle City style Duel Disk and running out the door, exiting his hotel room and running down the street, bumping into various people, some of which yelled at him.
"Go, go, go!", Kai repeated to himself, sprinting down the street to the testing site. He was afraid he wasn't going to make it. How could he be late for the most important bit of his life?
To Kai's surprise, there was a large group of duelists waiting to get registered and go in for entrance exams. "..What....", He said, and then he bumped into a girl next to him and asked, "What time is it?"

The girl scratched her head and said, "uhh.. 8:15?"

Kai smacked his forehead and said, "Aww, forgot to set my clock behind! I'm an hour early!", and then he shrugged, figuring it was more of a good thing.
This was quite a spectacle. There were several duelists who were talking and trading amongst one another, there were a ton of cute girls around, giggling in groups, and there was a huge banner above the door that had a picture of Exodia The Forbidden One about to obliterate the Ojama trio, and a Summoned Skull facing off against an Elemental Hero Flare Neos. Kai felt right at home in this group.
"Hey you.", A boy asked, approaching Kai.

"Oh, uh, hey?", Kai said, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm looking for a card called Ancient Rules. Do you have one?", The boy asked.

"Oh. Uhh.. Yeah, like, three of them.. Hang on a sec..", Kai replied, kneeling down, taking his bag off of his back and shuffling through his cards.

"Oh wow..", The boy said, looking at the amount of cards Kai had.

"Ah!", Kai said with glee, holding the card up. "This is the one."

The boy smiled and said, "Oh, great! I'll trade Kunai with Chain for it?"

Kai thought for a moment and said, "Done!"

The two exchanged cards and the boy walked off.

Salt Potat's Princess

Dapper Conversationalist

Tony Leruzo
User Image

"There is shadow in every light, and light in every shadow."

"God, I love this time of year!" A boy with light brown hair exclaimed as he walked amongst the various groups of people. Unlike most of the people, who were dressed in various shades and styles of casual clothes, he wore the standard-issue Obelisk Blue blazer of the Duel Academy.

"You're way too chipper for 8 in the morning..." A girl about the same height walked a few steps behind him, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I don't see why we had to get here an hour early, Tony, we could've slept in a little." She was dressed in much the same way, although she wore a short white skirt as opposed to the boy's white pants.

"It gives us a chance to mingle, sis. We need to know who's who in the dueling world here. Who knows, maybe we'll meet the next King of Games?" Tony looked around eagerly, as though this wasn't his third year at the academy at all. Over in the distance, he saw a pair of kids trading and decided to get in on the action. He took off like a rocket, leaving his sister in the dust.

"Oh, come on, Tony! You know I didn't wear my flats today!" Maria yelled, running after her brother as much as her heels would allow.

Tony, meanwhile had caught up to the two just as one was leaving. Looking at the boy that was still there, he whipped off his backpack and pulled out about 5 binders packed to the brim with cards. "Hey, man, you have any trade binders on you?"

"As the two entwine, so to do our decks and our souls."

User Image
Maria Leruzo
"Bwah?!", Kai jumped back a bit, surprised by the over eager boy who had just approached him. He relaxed a bit and looked him over, examining his clothing. "You... You're an Obelisk Blue, aren't you??", He asked, slipping his new trap into his deck.

Salt Potat's Princess

Dapper Conversationalist

Tony Leruzo
User Image

Tony wasn't fazed by the boy's response. It happened every year. The whole "Obelisk Blue" thing tended to scare people off. "Yeah." he said, "The blazer kinda gave it away, huh? Don't let it bother you, though, I'm a duelist just like you." He flipped through one of his binders, stopping at one of the pages with rarer cards and showing it to the other guy. "See? Dark Magician Knight, Draconic Guard, Koa'ki Mieru Urnight...you need a card, my sister and I will have it 9 times outta 10."

Speaking of his sister, Maria had made it over to the boys by this point in time and, after pausing to catch her breath, punched Tony in the back of his head. "THAT is for leaving me behind." she said, shaking her hand to lessen the sting from the impact. "And, really, don't overwhelm the kid with our entire collection. I'm surprised your back can even support that many binders."

"Geez, lay off, Sis..." Tony said, rubbing his head. "My sister." He said, gesturing with his hand. "She's an Obelisk too, in case you didn't notice. So, anything you need, anything you see? Huh, huh, huh?" His eyes were glowing like a kid in a candy store.

User Image
Maria Leruzo
"A-buh-buh-buh...", Kai mumbled, stumbling over his own words, his eyes lit up just the same way Tony's were, gazing upon the pages of rare cards, nearly drooling at the sight until his concentration was broken by a strong shove.

"Outta my way, kid.", Said the boy who did it. Kenneth Blackwood, a feared, and despised duelist at Duel Academy. He started out in Obelisk Blue, and he had never lost a duel his entire career being there. After shoving Kai out of the way and bumping past Tony, he put his hands in his pockets and continued walking along, as if it were nothing.

Kai fell onto his butt and said, "Ow, what the--", and he shot up, looking at the boy walking away.

Salt Potat's Princess

Dapper Conversationalist

Tony Leruzo
User Image

"Hey, *CENSORED WORDS* you too, Kenneth!" Tony said, turning to face the other boy's back. He flipped his retreating form a quick one, then turned to help Kai back up, "THAT was the Obelisk you should be worried about." He said, extending his hand. "Kenneth Blackwood. He's the number one ranked duelist in the academy, and also the number one jerkoff. He thinks everyone else is dirt, especially Slifers. God help the poor Reds who try and duel him."

Maria casually picked up the cards that had been scattered by Kenneth's rude interruption, making sure to put the correct cards in the correct binders. "What a slimeball." Was all she had to say on the matter. "The spirit of the game is lost on him." She then turned back to Kai. "Are you okay? Nothing damaged?"

User Image
Maria Leruzo

[[Dammit, Tony, I love you.]]
"Yeah, everything is good. Except my pride..", Kai said, rubbing his rear end, looking at Kenneth.

Kenneth turned around, his hands still in his pockets, and asked with a smirk, "What was that, Leruzo? Did you just say something?"

Kai stepped forward and said, "I'll say somethin', you creep!", shaking his fist at the Obelisk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff