Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

I helped plan the game. 0.46268656716418 46.3% [ 31 ]
I was just looking into threads trying to find a good RP. 0.23880597014925 23.9% [ 16 ]
Someone linked me to this thread. 0.16417910447761 16.4% [ 11 ]
By "someone", I mean Kittywitch. 0.13432835820896 13.4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 >

Friendly Heckler

18,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
The hands lashed out again,at the gunshot, the bullet going wide, but enneringly going at where it was fired from, but Hayden, luckily, was already gone. one of the grasping nails scored a large gash open on Emily's bare upper arm.
Unable to help herself, she screamed and the hands clasped around her- which only made the artist scream louder, dropping to the musty carpet, skirt rucking up as she was drawn towards the creature, the arms slowly receding into the blackness of the elevator shaft. She clawed at the carpet with her good arm as her booted feet flailed at the arms.

None of her screams turned to words.

They had no reason to help her, anyway.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
User Image
Alice floundered for a few seconds. She had no real idea what to do next. She did have a plan, it was a good plan, and would have worked if the world was behaving the world ought to. There was really nothing she could do. At least nothing logical.
With a little movement a bit like a sigh, Alice ran down the hall and dove to catch Emily under her arms. Her stockinged feet slid across the carpet, leaving her with a firm grip on the other young woman, but no purchase on anything other than her own slight weight to keep her from going down with the artist. The arms tugged and both of them sped towards the open elevator doors.

Wheezing Genius

User Image

Dwayne sat there sobbing. for what seemed like an eternity; the tears cascading down his face. It was all his fault. He had defiled and destroyed an innocent girl and for what? Because he had been ordered to? Because of where his allegiance lay at the time? Because of what he had been promised he would gain from it? He had loved her...truly loved her and how had he shown it? By using her as a something less than human; a play-thing to be used and thrown away. The very memory of his action made his stomach twist and he brought a fist to his mouth as his body shook with sobs. He felt himself curling into that familiar position again, that position of futility and weakness, but he couldn’t fight it anymore. He just lay there letting each wave of sorrow hit him.

A soft rustle of clothing behind him made him start. He shifted around, squinting his eyes to locate the source of the sound. His eyes finally located the source coming from the bed. He cautiously got to his feet. A small form, features obscured by the shadows lay seemingly asleep on the bed. As he gingerly made his way closer, the form abruptly sat up and let out an ungodly scream that nearly made Dwayne fall back to the floor in shock. The figure slowly made its way over to him from the bed as Dwayne fumbled to find his flashlight. He picked it up and clicking it on, revealed a young girl dressed in a dirty schoolgirl outfit. He gasped as the light further illuminated the blank face. Dark hair swept to the side framed a face with dull hazel eyes.

“Alissa” the name slipped from his lips in a hiss. The figure continued its silent approach as he averted his eyes. It couldn’t be real. It had to be nothing more than an emotion induced hallucination. A soft hand grasped his face and forced him to look at her and Dwayne saw a storm brewing in the girl’s eyes as they stared back into his, immobilizing him. He watched dumbly as she raised her other hand and slapped him across the face. The blow sent him back, pain echoing in his jaw. He spat blood as he shuffled back watching Alissa advance again this time armed with a knife she had removed from her skirt. Dwayne lay there and watched as the knife rose. He dragged himself to his knees and held his hands out. “Alissa, STOP!” The figure halted for a moment. His voice trembled and it took a few moments for him to regain his composure “Alissa, I know I deserve to die for what I did.. No ‘I’m sorry’ can ever expunge what I did. I know you hate me and you have every right to. You wish to kill me and I wouldn't blame you if you did. In fact, I wish you would, but if you do, you’ll lose your chance to gain your revenge on your true tormentors. If you want to kill me, do it then, but at least make me one last request. Help my friends especially my friend Alice. Keep them safe. I don’t care about what happens to me anymore. I just care about them.” Alissa’s head tilted to the side as she listened to him and the arm that held the knife slowly lowered. When he had finished, the glare remained, but it appeared to soften a bit. She beckoned him and he followed her through the ruined and twisted hallways. The pair of them traveled in silence with brief stops here and there for Dwayne to find his bearings. Before long, they had made it outside and the biting air was a blessing after being underground for so long. Dwayne gave the girl a smile and was surprised when it was returned. He noticed Alissa pointing at him and he turned around in curiosity. That’s when everything went black as Alissa vanished.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As Dwayne was making his way outside the heavy footsteps and the ragged breathing of the two men could heard as they traversed the empty streets Each man was clad in a thick suit of mining equipment, with only a small light attached to their suits to give them any sense of direction. Each of them was armed with a lead pipe and one of them carried a small canary in a cage. “You think we’ll find them?” One of them rasped. “The other nodded. “ Doctor said they would be nearby. It’s odd that they would be late, but let’s wait for a few more minutes. Someone or something is bound to show up sooner or later.” The two men waited, their suits providing enough protection to the cold. As the man predicted, someone did appear. A young man wearing stained clothes wandered into their midst. The men hefted their weapons and struck Dwayne in the head causing him to collapse. The men examined him. “Pretty sure this is him. Let’s get him back.” One of the men hoisted Dwayne’ unconscious form onto his shoulder and the two men quickly trudged off.

Alissa smile grew wider as she watched. She would see how much conviction was in Dwayne’s words soon enough. Her next task was to find these others that Dwayne was so distraught over. It was all too easy to let her sense guide her and before long, she arrived at the spot where she felt the energy the strongest. Her feet silently trod on the carpet floors as she got closer to the sounds of Emily’s screams. She watched as the two girls played tug of war with the shadowy hand. She titled her head wondering what would happen if the blond girl lost her hold and the two went tumbling down. How Dwayne’s heart would truly shatter then; a just dessert for what he had done. Yet still the blond girl intrigued her enough into action. She took hold of one of the blonde’s stocking feet with one hand and pulled back. The shadowy hand struggled to pull the girls into the shaft but with Alissa’s power, it soon lost all momentum sending the two girls tumbling back to rest at Alissa’s feet. The elevator dinged and the doors closed trapping the monster within.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kelly was locked in fear. The thing got Emily. She closed her eyes and pulled her hood down to cover them. Maybe if she didn't look, the bad things would just go away. A childish notion sure, but it was all she could think to do.

It was then she heard the rustling of cloth and looked up in time to see Alice whiz past her. She watched as she grabbed onto Emily's leg and try to pull her up. For a moment, she thought all was well. Alice got her. No need to do anything on her part. But then watching as the little model was being pulled along as well, she nearly ran off to grab Alice.

And that's when she saw another horrible thing appear.

"Ohgodohgodohgod..."

She mumbled to herself, thinking that this thing was here to help the elevator monster take Alice and Emily along... but it didn't. Quite the opposite in fact. For some reason, the shadowy hand thing lost its grip on the girls and the elevator went down with it trapped inside.

"...what the?"

She was quite shocked at this revelation. A monster had stopped the other monster from taking them? Maybe this thing wanted to kill all of them herself. She cowered against the wall, inching closer to Hayden.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
User Image Alice felt something grasping her leg. She didn't dare look at it, she was afraid that it might distract her from what she was doing and make her lose her grip on Emily. There wasn't enough of them left to lose any more people, certainly not someone who had even a teaspoon of sense. More to the point, there were all sort of things trying to kill her so that's probably all that was grabbing her leg. She just kept a grip on Emily.

Quite suddenly, both pulls stopped, and Alice found herself lying on her back on the carpet, with Emily landing heavily on her stomach and her own legs spread around the artist in an undignified fashion.
"What just happened?"
Hayden stared in awe as Alice saved Emily, her fingers twitching because she knew she should be over with them, helping to save Emily. She wondered what that thing was, whatever helped Alice get the strength to pull Emily the last distance, and fight the hand off. She took Kelly's hand again, softly, and pulled the girl to her side. "You're all right." Her whisper escaped softly. "Right now, let's go check on the other two." Pulling Kelly behind her, she ran to the others and knelt down, watching Alice and Emily, offering a hand to help them up. "That was a close one... I'm glad you're all right." She said softly after a cursory examination of the two girls' physical states.

Hayden kept an eye on Kelly, making her stay close. She didn't want Kelly to wander off or get herself into trouble. Or bother whatever saved Emily... We could really use something--or someone-- on our side, like now... Her thoughts were bitterly grateful.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kelly calmed down a bit, glad to have her hand within Hayden's once more. She bit her lip, stifling a whimper. With her girlfriend there, she managed to move her legs as she followed behind, keeping up as well as she could. She was still freaked out, but not as scared as she could be. Hayden seemed to want to keep her close and well, Kelly didn't need any more incentive to stay close.

"..."

She tried to speak, but all that came out was a bit of a squeak. She bit her lip and tried her best to show her concern for the other girls, tilting her head in curiosity. Timidly, she offered a hand to help them up as well, trying to make up for that fact that she stood there and did nothing at all.

I-I wanted to help, but my legs said to run... then I just locked up...

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Alice slipped her legs under her body and shakily rose to her feet, dragging the stiff form of Emily along with her.

Wheezing Genius

Despite the others around her, Alissa ignored them and instead kept her eyes on the blond girl that she assumed to be Alice slowly rise to her feet. Brushing her hair out of her face with a translucent hand, she moved closer to the girl and studied her features. She seemed familiar to her somehow, yet she didn't know how. All she knew was that by looking at the blond meant looking into a mirror at herself. The expressions, the girl's stance, her body language....they were all so similar to hers.. She tilted her head as she reached out a hand and gently cupped Alice's face, stroked hit almost tenderly before bringing it closer to hers. After a few moments, Alissa's eyes widened and then began to fill with tears. Her trembling lips moved silently spelling out one word.

"S-sister?"
Hayden watched with fascination as the savior of Alice and Emily stood so close to Alice. She yearned to inch away as it grew closer, still slightly unaware of what its intentions were. She pushed Kelly slightly behind her, standing in a protective position of the seemingly defenseless girl, facing the unknown creature. She did not fail to keep a brave face, refusing to let her lips tremble as she slowly slipped her free arm beneath Emily, attempting to both relieve some of the weight from Alice's shoulders, and give the creature and Alice a bit of privacy, or as much privacy as the hallway could afford. She was determined not to let any of the girls out of her sight any longer. They were a team, and they had to work together, which involved being together.

Dwayne... Why'd you have to go..? She thought sullenly as her heart ached out for their first real leader. We could use you around here, bud.

Her thoughts twisted and turned now, wondering where this creature had come from, why had ... She? why had she saved the girls? What was the fascination with Alice about?

She found that no matter how creative her answers were, they weren't good enough. She couldn't make a logical explanation out of any of it.

But, then again... Nothing here is logical, Hayden... You've got to realize that by now.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kelly was already hiding behind Hayden even before she moved her behind her. The thing was totally going to like, rip Alice's face off and eat it... or something. It was gonna be gruesome and she didn't want to see it.

Or at least, that's what her first thoughts were. The ghostly lady of some kind seemed to think Alice was her sister. This sparked her curiosity enough to peek over her girlfriend's shoulder. The thing was about to cry. It was the look of finding a long lost relative for the first time. Part of her wanted to comfort the lady, but a much bigger part of her wanted to just stay put and see what was gonna happen next.

...I'm surprised I can still be surprised at all the things happening. I should be used to it by now.

She held onto Hayden's shoulders, peeking ever-so-slightly over to see what was going on, her head tilted just a bit. The cat ears of her hood made her seem even more cat-like in her stance of careful observance.

I'll just stay right here. No need to run in and do anything rash... that's what I has Hayden for.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
User Image Alice stared disbelievingly at the blonde woman. Everything about her was... wrong. There was something terribly wrong there, like something normal with the angles just skewed enough to disturb the viewer without them knowing why. That's what she was. A funhouse mirror, showing Alice herself, and at the same time, not herself.
And she called her sister.
Perhaps if Alice hadn't been an only child, the similarities in the woman's face would have been so unsettling, but she'd never seen anything like it before. Someone with a parody of her own face... and her face was the only thing of worth Alice ever had. She'd always been alone as a child. Playing alone with something--was it a doll?--no friends, and certainly no siblings.

"Who are you?" Alice asked shakily, expecting the vision more to disappear than to answer.

Friendly Heckler

18,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
When the hands had let her go, Emily's screams had turned to hicuping gasps as she tried desperately to process what was happening- Alice had come to help, perhaps pay back for the paper cat? and then someone else no... something else. Her lungs burned and she felt like throwing up.
"D- don't!" she rasped out grabbing at the back of Alice's shirt. Even if whatever it was had rescued them, there was no reason to trust it.

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Alice stumbled back towards Emily.

"Don't what?" she asked hysterically, refusing to look away from the vision.

((Also, long live the queen. ))

Friendly Heckler

18,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Emily's mouth worked but no sound came out.
She wanted to say 'don't trust it' but other than burning panic in her guts there was no reason not to; it had saved them, after all. But why? Whatever it looked like, something told her it wasn't human.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff