Welcome to Gaia! ::

Your Deadly Rose
Hey gais, this is Sweetly Adorables. Just changed my name, for now on I will be known as Your Deadly Rose. heart

I love your new name heart

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
lissje
Your Deadly Rose
Hey gais, this is Sweetly Adorables. Just changed my name, for now on I will be known as Your Deadly Rose. heart

I love your new name heart
Thanks. ^^
My first rough (failed) attempt at some sort of Gyaru style, I did it really quickly and didn't bother with eyelashes because I badly need some new ones :S Anyhow, feedback is still wanted, also there is a limited selection of eyelashes round here, I was just wondering if there were any recommended online shops? dankeeescheunee
User Image

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
CatchingOrigami
My first rough (failed) attempt at some sort of Gyaru style, I did it really quickly and didn't bother with eyelashes because I badly need some new ones :S Anyhow, feedback is still wanted, also there is a limited selection of eyelashes round here, I was just wondering if there were any recommended online shops? dankeeescheunee
User Image
Very nice contouring of the nose, and I love your eye make-up. smile

Greedy Fatcat

I'm probably too shoulderific, too mainstream and much too old to pull off gyaru, but I notice that the makeup involves a lot of contouring and highlights. I have never seen asian people with hump-noses so I don't know if they ever have to deal with them, but do you reckon it could be "faded" with makeup? I'm not quite vain enough to get rhinoplasty but having a bump on my nose is an annoyance.

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
CatchingOrigami
User Image

The good: Your contouring is great and you have managed to use the white liner very well! Everything also looks very clean and deliberate.

Needs a little work: Your eyebrows, while great for the style of makeup in your sig are very harsh for even the more dramatic forms of gyaru, softening the shape would help a lot. Your liner is very clean-looking, but for the exaggerated eye shape you're going for I think it would be better if it pointed down instead of winging up. The last thing I think would help is blush, it really pulls the look together.

I get my lashes at daiso, and they have a website here, where you can buy lashes in bulk for pretty cheap.

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
CatchingOrigami
User Image

It looks really really good, but reminds me remotely of Visual Kei or something similar. Still, it works well for your skintone
Your Deadly Rose

Thankyou!

Karoish

I don't know how intense this 'hump' you're talking about is ;D but I have like, one of those bumps in the middle of my nose from where it was broken. I can't imagine it'll matter that much and you can probably only notice from the side view. I'm no makeup artist though :L

Chanda jay

Thanks haha, yes I know what you mean about my eyebrows. To be honest, the only things I thought to pay attention to were my nose lips and eyes. I'll be more accurate next time. Also that's my natural eyebrow (coloured in of course) so changing the shape will be fun haha.
I need to invest in some new blush and liquid eyeliner u.u
I actually tried to make the edges simply round off in a circle so I'm not quite sure why they looked winged, maybe it's just my faceshape. I might try and make it more subtle next time? I'm not sure .... and thankyou! that's exactly what I wanted biggrin
Does somebody have a few good tutorials to gyaru make up that's not too "hard", I love soft colors and a bit of a natural look. And do you guys have a few pallets of eyeshadow that's really good to use for gyaru make up?

I'm still working on eye lashes but I prefer to become better with make up first.

Edit;

Here is an example what I have now, don't mind my right eye, it couldn't stop sharing tears today >_<

User Image

anyway, Any tips?

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
lissje
Does somebody have a few good tutorials to gyaru make up that's not too "hard", I love soft colors and a bit of a natural look. And do you guys have a few pallets of eyeshadow that's really good to use for gyaru make up?

I'm still working on eye lashes but I prefer to become better with make up first.

Edit;

Here is an example what I have now, don't mind my right eye, it couldn't stop sharing tears today >_<

User Image

anyway, Any tips?

Natural Gyaru?! Is there such a thing?! (no REALLY?! O-O) Hmmm, well, natural colors aren't hard to find for your skin tone. Soft pinks, browns, silvers, hell even peach eyeshadow would look natural on you. (I think) Gyaru styled makeup is usually loud and eye catching, not natural and blending, though if you use neutral colors and skin toned based colors (colors that are based around and compliment your skin tone) then do something outrageous wit the color (like a light pink eyeshadow can be used for your lips with a bit of gloss or brown eyeshadow spread from the outer tip of your right eye, across the bridge of the nose and then touching the outer tip of your left eye, more like a veiled typed style) Then I'm sure you can achieve a Gyaru look without doing more of the brighter, louder, colors that is usually associated with the style. Though, I would say, always use silver, white or pearl eyeshadow for the eyes and lips. That way, everyone will know you're a Gyaru girl!!!
amakin04
lissje

Edit;

User Image

anyway, Any tips?

Natural Gyaru?! Is there such a thing?! (no REALLY?! O-O) Hmmm, well, natural colors aren't hard to find for your skin tone. Soft pinks, browns, silvers, hell even peach eyeshadow would look natural on you. (I think) Gyaru styled makeup is usually loud and eye catching, not natural and blending, though if you use neutral colors and skin toned based colors (colors that are based around and compliment your skin tone) then do something outrageous wit the color (like a light pink eyeshadow can be used for your lips with a bit of gloss or brown eyeshadow spread from the outer tip of your right eye, across the bridge of the nose and then touching the outer tip of your left eye, more like a veiled typed style) Then I'm sure you can achieve a Gyaru look without doing more of the brighter, louder, colors that is usually associated with the style. Though, I would say, always use silver, white or pearl eyeshadow for the eyes and lips. That way, everyone will know you're a Gyaru girl!!!

Yeah true true. I'm mostly referring to become something like this;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

But I find it hard to get it right. :/

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
lissje
amakin04
lissje

Edit;

User Image

anyway, Any tips?

Yeah true true. I'm mostly referring to become something like this;

User Image

But I find it hard to get it right. :/

KYA!!!! I see!!!! Oh hun, its easy, match your eye makeup with your eyecolor (hazel eyes go great with green and brown shadows, blue eyes go great with purple and brown shadows, dark brown eyes, a nice silver and bronze is wonderful ((I have dark brown eyes, that combo makes them look like they sparkle)) green eyes go wonderful with mochas, silver, and sometimes blue eyeshadow) and skin tone (tawny, pale, mocha and dark skin tones, you can go to an expensive makeup kiosk in the mall and let them match your exact skin tone and let them give you suggestions but I do it on my own, saves time and money) and then (depending on your outfit or mood) use a different color nail polish than your eyeshadow, I say, go for bright loud neon colors for your nails, and also, you can keep the color consistant or mix different colors on your nails with designs (I did little hearts and stars for Comic Con on year!!! ^w^) being natural, no matter what the style, is not hard, getting the colors right is part of the battle, the next part is actually applying the makeup on your skin properly.

If you have the proper (natural) colors, then from how light or dark your skin is will be what type of makeup you'll use and how much to apply. For pale skin, bright colors are great and you'd only need one stroke of the eye brush to make the color show, but apply as much as you like. Hmmm, I can tell you techniques of how to make the makeup look more Gyaru, eye makeup is easy because there's sooo many variations of how to do it, just remeber, with Gyaru styles, you don't have to do the ordinary, its ok to mix and match makeup. To put green lipstick on your eyes and silver eyeshadow on your lips and cheeks. Your eye makeup can be as outragous as you want, try this, try making geisha eyes with a lovely mocha color, but instead of stopping at the tip of your outer eye, make the line of the eye makeup go to your ear, do this with both eyes if you want or with one, or try with two different hues of brown or a brown and a silver. Also, peach, pink and liliac lipstick work wonders too also lip gloss is your best friend. Hmmm, circular lens make the look complete in a sense though you dont need the contacts, but some prefer to have them. I am just thinking off the top of my head of what I normally do and try to give you advice, go onto youtube and look for makeup blogs for some tutorials if you wish. I can help you find some as well. Hope this helps hun!!! ^w^,,

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Does anyone have examples of Gyaru with short hair?

Dapper Genius

2,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Sweetly Adorables
Does anyone have examples of Gyaru with short hair?

Maya Mori, Nicole Abe, Okarie

Dapper Genius

2,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers