Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Y e l l o w - B i r d d
Gyaru isn't as rule-centric as Lolita. The rules are more of guidlines. The main points of your gyaru style need to be makeup, hairstyling, and clothes. The length or color of your hair isn't imperative to you being Gal. If you think you're gal, you're gal. There are plenty of gals out there with crazy colored hair and short bobs, even some with shaved heads. But they're still gal because they know they're gal.

Start reading gal magazines to find out which styles you like best, and use those as inspiration. you can read online at vvshu.com. Start reading gal blogs, ESPECIALLY Universal-doll.com. That is like THE Gaijin Gyaru blog. If you have a smartphone, download Google Reader. It's how I keep track of all the blogs I read.

Watch YouTube videos to help you with your hair and makeup application.

Most importantly, Have fun with it! You might look gal, but you're still you, and try to add some of your personal style to your gal look. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your advice! You really know what you're talking about, I really appreciate the help. ^^

Here's a picture of me today, I tried to contour my nose and make my eyes look big but I don't have lashes or lenses yet.

User Image

Oh yeah, I took my glasses off for this pic, but do gals usually wear contacts or what? I hardly ever seen gals with glasses.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
this is my idea
What do you guys think of this wig? smile
Absolutely gorgeous!
Second posts here~

I tried making a tutorial for a gyaru eye makeup look ^^
Inspired by Egg and Popteen but it ended being more similar to Ageha and Egg ^^;;

The Final Look:
User Image

User Image

Tutorial:
User Image

Sorry for the large photos!
And I hope you like the tutorial :3

Dapper Genius

2,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
ミツバチ
☆彡  ★彡  ☆彡  ★彡

THTchristina
Second posts here~
Inspired by Egg and Popteen but it ended being more similar to Ageha and Egg ^^;;

It looks really nice, and the instructions are really straightforward!

Dapper Genius

2,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Sweetly Adorables
Y e l l o w - B i r d d
Gyaru isn't as rule-centric as Lolita. The rules are more of guidlines. The main points of your gyaru style need to be makeup, hairstyling, and clothes. The length or color of your hair isn't imperative to you being Gal. If you think you're gal, you're gal. There are plenty of gals out there with crazy colored hair and short bobs, even some with shaved heads. But they're still gal because they know they're gal.

Start reading gal magazines to find out which styles you like best, and use those as inspiration. you can read online at vvshu.com. Start reading gal blogs, ESPECIALLY Universal-doll.com. That is like THE Gaijin Gyaru blog. If you have a smartphone, download Google Reader. It's how I keep track of all the blogs I read.

Most importantly, Have fun with it! You might look gal, but you're still you, and try to add some of your personal style to your gal look. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your advice! You really know what you're talking about, I really appreciate the help. ^^

Here's a picture of me today, I tried to contour my nose and make my eyes look big but I don't have lashes or lenses yet.

User Image

Oh yeah, I took my glasses off for this pic, but do gals usually wear contacts or what? I hardly ever seen gals with glasses.
ミツバチ
☆彡  ★彡  ☆彡  ★彡

It looks good for your first try. Work on your eyebrows to give them a little bit more shape then just a curved line, and don't be afraid to really contour. You'd def be surprised how much girls in Japan really pack on the makeup! Use a pink blush on your cheeks, and a highlighting cream or shadow on the top of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and cupids bow.

About the glasses - there are plenty of gals who wear them (or fake ones at least). I wear my glasses all the time when I'm all gal'd out, since it's damn near impossible to find astigmatic circle lenses. It gives kind of a quirky adult/mode/cute spin on your outfit.
Interesting thread, I think I'll join in on the fun
THTchristina
Second posts here~

The Final Look:
User Image

User Image

Tutorial:
User Image

Sorry for the large photos!
And I hope you like the tutorial :3

I love people like you for sharing own tutorials heart You look lovely btw! Love the make up >w<

Sparkly Bunny

Sweetly Adorables
I think your hair is gorgeous! <3 so mermaid like!

THTchristina
In the corner of the eye, (the part of the eyelid where the lashes do not connect to your waterline) you should put white eyeliner there, it wil look very realistic "big eye" like. : )
Sweetly Adorables
this is my idea
Absolutely gorgeous!

I wish I could wear it everyday, but I think people would stare if I did.
Yosh the Panda

THTchristina
In the corner of the eye, (the part of the eyelid where the lashes do not connect to your waterline) you should put white eyeliner there, it wil look very realistic "big eye" like. : )

I should have! Haha But I forgot all about it razz Thanks ^^

And thank you to those who liked it!

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Y e l l o w - B i r d d
Sweetly Adorables
Y e l l o w - B i r d d

User Image

ミツバチ
☆彡  ★彡  ☆彡  ★彡

It looks good for your first try. Work on your eyebrows to give them a little bit more shape then just a curved line, and don't be afraid to really contour. You'd def be surprised how much girls in Japan really pack on the makeup! Use a pink blush on your cheeks, and a highlighting cream or shadow on the top of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and cupids bow.

About the glasses - there are plenty of gals who wear them (or fake ones at least). I wear my glasses all the time when I'm all gal'd out, since it's damn near impossible to find astigmatic circle lenses. It gives kind of a quirky adult/mode/cute spin on your outfit.
Thank you, I'm so nervous when I show people my make-up work. ^^;;
So you think my brows should be more arched?
I just used a brown eyeshadow palette for the contouring, but is there something better I can use?
I have pink blush! Can't believe I forgot to put it on, lol
Can I use white eyeshadow for the highlighting? Or do I have to buy a certain kind of cream?

Cool! Thank you so much for your advice, it really helps a lot. ^^ heart

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Yosh the Panda

Sweetly Adorables
I think your hair is gorgeous! <3 so mermaid like!

THTchristina
Tysm! My hair is really wet in that picture, it looks a little different when dry. :3

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
this is my idea
Sweetly Adorables
this is my idea
Absolutely gorgeous!

Who cares if people stare? If you want to, go for it! ^^
Sweetly Adorables
this is my idea
Sweetly Adorables
this is my idea
Absolutely gorgeous!

Who cares if people stare? If you want to, go for it! ^^

I can only agree with you Sweetly Adorables! I once wore a extremely lovely pink wig when I was walking outside and some girl said; "Wow, I love your hair!" XD so go for it!

Sparkly Bunny

Sweetly adorables
you're welcome! ^__^
Do you have naturally blonde hair or did you bleach it?
I've always loved purple hair like thisUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
but I think it'll be too much on me, as I have very dark eyes. With light eyes it would be amazing, I think!
And it'll probably fry my head until there's nothing left T__T; *has very natural dry hair*

And I totally agree on the wig thing; If you like it, just wear it.
I want to color my hair red (ginger-ish) and a lot of people have been telling me they think it's ugly. But I think it's gorgeous so I'm going to do it anyways ^__^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff