Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gawker

For the past few months, I've been noticing that I'm getting some horrible bags under my eyes. I knew they were there before but now they've really started to get worse.

I don't really have the best sleeping pattern... which I know is responsible for it. Some days I'll stay up till 6-7am, I'll have been up all night and morning and I'll sleep either for only a few hours or far too many. A few days ago I slept like a rock for 12 hours, then the next day I was up for about 27 hours and only slept for 8. They were starting to bug me recently but now I have a co-worker at work who usually teases me anyway, because he's the prankster of my workplace, but lately he's been teasing me for my baggy eyes, to the point where now I'm totally self-concious and worried about them.

Apart from the obvious option of a better sleeping routine, which I'm try my best to do, is there anything else I can do to help cover them up or make them less noticable, or perhaps get rid of them completely? I hate feeling paranoid about them all the time...
Keep Hydrated - up your water intake.
Placing cold tea bags over your eyes also helps a little bit with puffiness - something to do with the caffeine.
I also quite like using the Garnier Eye Roll-on morning and night too.

Failing that - a damned good concealer!

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Get a normal sleep schedule

Tea bags

Concealer. Lots of concealer xp

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
kuriheartsyou
Get a normal sleep schedule

Tea bags

Concealer. Lots of concealer xp

This is your best bet.~

User Image

Friendly Gawker

Alright, thanks a lot guys! I'll try those out! c:

The sleeping thing will be the hardest part for me but tea bags sound interesting. I'll definitely try that. I've been putting concealer on them this whole time, but I guess I haven't been using enough of it... really gotta hide these things, I got teased for them again at work. emotion_drool

Sparkly Pants

To pretty much repeat what's already been said (I'll call this reaffirming...) putting teabags and cucumbers on your eyes should work, and settle into a good sleep schedule.

This is a link to a BeautyBrains blog post with some possibly helpful information as well: http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/02/25/what-makes-my-eyes-puffy/
Keep some metal spoons in your refrigerator. When you wake up, put the spoons on your eyes and they should diminish the bags. They won't necessarily get rid of them, but they'll help to make them smaller and easier to conceal.
Normal sleep pattern and water. Lots of both and healthy eating habits. Cut back on caffine if you drink alot of it and just take care of your skin. Thats all I can say.
I remember bubzbeauty having a few posts about those things..

Also, what kind of bags are they? Are they puffy, or just green/purple coloured?
If the first try shrinking them with massages, or cold eye masks (like the cold spoons, or a frozen wet towel).
If they are also oddly coloured, get a good concealer (preferably liquid) and cover them.
I have the same problem. Well, I've always had bags under my eyes ever since I can remember and just recently they've gotten bigger.

It could be stress, I don't know.

The thing is, I sleep a lot. I usually sleep around 1am and don't wake up until 9am on most days, sometimes even later. Maybe I oversleep? I think 6 hours is the recommended amount for people my age. I really don't know what it is but I've always had bags under my eyes!!

Greedy Fatcat

Try sleeping with your head a little elevated. Sometimes dark puffy bags are the result of blood pooling under the eye because it hasn't got anywhere else to go.
Also a quick eye-muscle and eye area relaxing exercise may help drain the area better and if nothing else, it makes you feel better by reducing tension and pressure!

- Press your ring fingers to the upper inner corners of your eyesocket and push up gently for 3-5 seconds.
- Do the same to your outer upper corners, then the bottom inner corners and finally the lower inner corners.
- Put your middle finger between your eyebrows, your index and ring fingers to the corners of your eyes and push gently for 1 to 3 minutes.

Lonely Browser

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
7-8 hours of sleep depending on your age.
PrincessMina15
Katsumi_Noir
Keep Hydrated - up your water intake.
Placing cold tea bags over your eyes also helps a little bit with puffiness - something to do with the caffeine.
I also quite like using the Garnier Eye Roll-on morning and night too.

Failing that - a damned good concealer!
You look like Amy Winehouse

Oddly that's not the first time someone's said that to me! I'm flattered, Amy was a beautiful and extremely talented lady. heart
I've been told cutting sodium out of your diet helps a lot.

Also, a heavy coverage cream concealer works wonders on my dark circles, and might work for you as well!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff