Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
A punk society for those with slightly different morals and views of life.
christianity is a religion of violence, alashuko-chan

Wheezing Lunatic

Is this really a thing? No. no it cant be. What's next? Christian crunkcore?
Inkmind
It's not that surprising. There is nazi punk bands and feminist punk bands already so why not religious punk bands. lol

Wheezing Lunatic

RosaBettieOi
Inkmind
It's not that surprising. There is nazi punk bands and feminist punk bands already so why not religious punk bands. lol

Feminist punk? Wait let me here this.
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

Riot Grrrl
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

you're just ******** with everyone right?

Wheezing Lunatic

aerosols
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

Actually, not this time. I had no idea feminist punk existed. I mostly listen to punk from the 70's-80's, so don't blame me for not knowing everything.
Inkmind
aerosols
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

Actually, not this time. I had no idea feminist punk existed. I mostly listen to punk from the 70's-80's, so don't blame me for not knowing everything.

crass (one of the most well known 70s punk bands) put out an entire album dedicated to feminism:

and since at least the late 80s it's been a very common theme in punk. punk has always had lyrics about fighting oppression, so why should it be strange that there would be women's rights themed punk?

edit: tbh, feminism is one of the most common themes in modern (meaning since the 90s) punk.

Wheezing Lunatic

PALMS CROSSED IN SORROW
Inkmind
aerosols
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

crass (one of the most well known 70s punk bands) put out an entire album dedicated to feminism:

and since at least the late 80s it's been a very common theme in punk. punk has always had lyrics about fighting oppression, so why should it be strange that there would be women's rights themed punk?

edit: tbh, feminism is one of the most common themes in modern (meaning since the 90s) punk.

I'd never thought of feminism as a theme for punk. But now I see that it would fit in/make sense.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PALMS CROSSED IN SORROW

Only christian poseurs use violence as a means of it's Christianity. So when you hear Christians talking about death to gays and other races, those are fools that haven't really read a bible or been to church. Maybe both
Alashuko The Fighter
PALMS CROSSED IN SORROW

Only christian poseurs use violence as a means of it's Christianity. So when you hear Christians talking about death to gays and other races, those are fools that haven't really read a bible or been to church. Maybe both

hahaha. so theres the christian "race" and the "gay" race . how very telling. i feel like i know you now.

don't be christian; be christ like
don't be buddhist; be buddha like.
get it together. sheesh

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
insulin only
Alashuko The Fighter
PALMS CROSSED IN SORROW

hahaha. so theres the christian "race" and the "gay" race . how very telling. i feel like i know you now.

don't be christian; be christ like
don't be buddhist; be buddha like.
get it together. sheesh

?.?

Christian race? I never said anything about a Christian race. I said they hate other races which means some are racist. Racist stereotypical Christians are not Christians. Poseurs.
Inkmind
aerosols
Inkmind
RosaBettieOi
Inkmind

Though riot grrrl came about in the 90's, there were plenty of acts in the 70's/80's punk (and post-punk) scene that were feminist... X-Ray Spex, Penetration, Mydolls, The Insaints, Poison Girls, Delta 5, APPLE, Au Pairs, Liliput, The Slits

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff