Welcome to Gaia! ::

She is my Favorite Artist EVER!!!
if you look at her art. pay attention to her coloring details!

she has such a style that no one has !
smile and her character designs are just wow !

Riokshte.deviantart.com

take a look and please tell me what you think!!!
Her style is extremely inconsistent, and many of her pieces are very poorly done. The anatomy has been off in almost every one I've looked at, and her painting style is very sloppy and muddy. She's got a lot of work before she'll be good but I've definitely seen worse.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
It's okay, but when I think of a deviant artist who uses overly saturated colors in a very pleasing and harmonic way, I think of Kidchan.
The pieces don't looked finished to me. Even though the sketchiness is done on purpose... it doesn't work in this case.
And that has to be some of the... most creative colour pallet choices.

This is just a step above generic anime. Nothing really special.

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
They don't really have a foundation in basic art concepts, and need to learn more about anatomy, color and value, composition, etc.
There are thousands of artists who surpass them, and comparing them, their art looks like total and complete s**t.
i really like riokshte. her drawing style and the way she uses her coloring program is simply amazing and unique. she is also a really great person and is nice to everyone who is nice to her, so that just a plus.

all of you who say that she needs to work on things or that she's amatuer, i think that you are rather wrong. she draws amazingly and i highly doubt any of you could actually draw just as great as her. and the person who put that her artwork is s**t, you shouldn't be bashing and you are just plan jealous of they way she draws and everything else about her art. if riokshte ever reads, i am sorry if you had some bad feelings about this post and i never meant to bring you harm.
hachiro9
i really like riokshte. her drawing style and the way she uses her coloring program is simply amazing and unique. she is also a really great person and is nice to everyone who is nice to her, so that just a plus.

all of you who say that she needs to work on things or that she's amatuer, i think that you are rather wrong. she draws amazingly and i highly doubt any of you could actually draw just as great as her. and the person who put that her artwork is s**t, you shouldn't be bashing and you are just plan jealous of they way she draws and everything else about her art. if riokshte ever reads, i am sorry if you had some bad feelings about this post and i never meant to bring you harm.

Are you serious?
Anna Crackers has her art in her sig.Lucifer, though direct makes valid points, and I can draw just fine.

I'm sure lots of people don't like vomit colours together. It's not unique. And her pictures are amateur, they're not even finished pieces. I saw the notebook paper lines in one of the images. Sorry but if you're too lazy to even edit out the note book paper... :/
Serena Loves Quails
hachiro9

Are you serious?
Anna Crackers has her art in her sig.Lucifer, though direct makes valid points, and I can draw just fine.

I'm sure lots of people don't like vomit colours together. It's not unique. And her pictures are amateur, they're not even finished pieces. I saw the notebook paper lines in one of the images. Sorry but if you're too lazy to even edit out the note book paper... :/

I understand that you don't favor her art. but seriously, you need to distinguish between criticism and hateful comments. Annacrackers is a good artist, but i can point things in her art, for example in her signature, the girls fingers look stuck. and the painting style is so generic. thats not really criticism now is it?

i know there are principles in art. but does it matter all the time. what your eyes miserably fail to notice is the emotion that some of her pieces have, yea they may look unfinished to you, so what? she's not trying to be ******** a davinci. yea i consider her my favorite artist, but for reasons that you will never realize apparently.

if you decide to reply, dont act like a s**t and post some garbage comment, be smart.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I used to devwatch riokshte, but then I got bored of her art...
Holy major rainbow vomit.

*cleans eyes with greyscale drawings*

Trafficker

hachiro9
she draws amazingly and i highly doubt any of you could actually draw just as great as her.

Let's not bark up this tree.

Because whether or not anyone draws "better" than another artist, doesn't change the fact that we all have eyes and can make judgments based on better art we've seen. Art critics, for example, are not necessarily amazing artists, but they're often better equipped to analyze and deconstruct techniques in a work of art than others.

Besides. If an amateur can spot problems, what do you think a professional's going to see? rolleyes

(But if you don't want to listen to that, I can assure you that there are artists here who could destroy that artist, skill-wise. NOT THAT IT MATTERS.)

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
TYEGLOW
Serena Loves Quails
hachiro9

Are you serious?

I understand that you don't favor her art. but seriously, you need to distinguish between criticism and hateful comments. Annacrackers is a good artist, but i can point things in her art, for example in her signature, the girls fingers look stuck. and the painting style is so generic. thats not really criticism now is it?

i know there are principles in art. but does it matter all the time. what your eyes miserably fail to notice is the emotion that some of her pieces have, yea they may look unfinished to you, so what? she's not trying to be ******** a davinci. yea i consider her my favorite artist, but for reasons that you will never realize apparently.

if you decide to reply, dont act like a s**t and post some garbage comment, be smart.

I am happy to receive any critique or comments on my art that you would like to give, no matter how negative. Other's opinions will help me get better and grow as an artist.
However, I was not going for a critique, but giving my opinion.
I also don't understand what my art hasto do with this, isn't this thread about the artist in question? Even someone who doesn't draw at all can give an opinion on skill, just like you can judge the skill of a singer without being one yourself.
Principles do matter when it comes to art. Art is a visual language, and how a picture is put together tells us what is going on.
What I was trying to say, is that there are thousands of artists that are past her level, and she is only a beginner compared to them. Colorful language aside, all I said was true.
Woahhh, saturation!

Honestly, her art is kind of boring and hurts the eyes after a while. But I suppose I can see why some people think she's so amazing.
Your initial post immediately planted the notion that she draws overaccesorized moe girls with animal ears and tails. And lo' in the hole, I was correct.

There's no real sense of lighting in her art. (Shinies everywhere doesn't constitute lighting.) Anatomy is your typical loli archetype although her poses are a bit creative, so it's excuseable. But I don't know why you'd refute that she has things to work on. :

And what emotion?
I rather like her art.

It's cute, has lots of colors, it's also different. Yes, it's sketchy but I've always liked sketchyness over definate, tidy lines. It pleases my eyes. There's a lot she could work on to better her art, but hell... don't we all? I wouldn't say she's professional-material as she stands now, as she lacks a lot of the basics, but as something to look at, it looks good to me.

Though, her grammar and writing style makes me twitch...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff