Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheGreatestSage
In all honesty, I don't care for Rusev. If it wern't for Lana's leesh on the guy, no one would take him seriously. He has the face of a wet puppy. Lana, the Russian chick is the reason he looks more credible. Personally, I like Lana as a valet, but I think it would be better if she were with someone more credible for her gimmik like Koslov or something.

To be honest, I'm not even a fan of Lana.

Interesting Sweetheart

Rumblestiltskin
TheGreatestSage
In all honesty, I don't care for Rusev. If it wern't for Lana's leesh on the guy, no one would take him seriously. He has the face of a wet puppy. Lana, the Russian chick is the reason he looks more credible. Personally, I like Lana as a valet, but I think it would be better if she were with someone more credible for her gimmik like Koslov or something.

Huh. XD Personal preference I guess. I don't know, something about her I really like. ^^

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
TheGreatestSage
Rumblestiltskin
TheGreatestSage

Huh. XD Personal preference I guess. I don't know, something about her I really like. ^^
Yes! More Trollin Lana!

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
So Im watching Wrestlemania 27, the title match between Miz and Cena and... eek

Like Ive said before, I have been out of wrestling for a while. The Miz did really well in that match. I didnt really know he could wrestle like that. I got out of wrestling when he started showing up on the roster. I never got into him when I was younger but now... geez dudes got moves as well.

Im starting to think that I just have a deeper appreciation for the wrestling business as a whole.

Im not anywhere NEAR as cynical as I once was. That cynicism made me hate to watch wrestling. I was one of those guys that used to like Cena when he first made his name against the Undertaker but hated him later because he ALWAYS does 2 shoulder blocks, that back drop, the 5 knuckle shuffle, then AA attempt and I was like BOOOOOOOO THIS IS SOOOO BORING!

But after being gone for so long and dabbling in so many other forms of entertainment and really seeing what all other sports have to offer, I tend to get over these nuances. So much goes into these events that its hard for me not to appreciate everything and I guess differently than current wrestling fans that cant stand Cena's OPness.

All that to say, I understand where you are coming from yet again, Rumblestiltskin but at the same time, I can bring myself to go back into full on nitpick and fantasy booking mode. I just cheer for great moves and athletic sequences. Cheer for heels who do a good job. And most of all, Im a LOT more patient with new talent because for YEARS that impatience makes me miss out on talent like with The Miz. I feel like because I was so critical, I missed out on prime Miz time when he really got to shine.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Niji no Jojishi
Im starting to think that I just have a deeper appreciation for the wrestling business as a whole.

Aside from being a really pretentious thing to say, no...you don't. I admit I'm a bit of a cynic...but that doesn't mean that everything I say is said out of cynicism. In fact, I'd say I'm more of a critic than a cynic. And that's the point: when you ignore quality, you don't have appreciation...you have fanaticism.

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Rumblestiltskin
Niji no Jojishi

Aside from being a really pretentious thing to say, no...you don't. I admit I'm a bit of a cynic...but that doesn't mean that everything I say is said out of cynicism. In fact, I'd say I'm more of a critic than a cynic. And that's the point: when you ignore quality, you don't have appreciation...you have fanaticism.
Au contrair. I dont ignore the quality. Its quite the opposite. I appreciate the quality. Its the reason that I am a reborn fan. I can see it from an angle where, instead of saying who needs to do what, I just say, okay, he put on a good performance. If it isnt that good, it isnt worth the criticism these days because the of the elevation of quality. The state of wrestling is WAAAAAAAAY better than it was back when the NWO was running wild and taking over WCW to a point where half the roster is under the NWO banner and the only ppl who were over were guys who were already over from the WWF days that came over and buried EVERYONE outside of DDP and maybe a few others.

Waaaaaay better than even the Attitude era when most of the matches at a PPV where just people bleeding all over the place and diving off the Titantron to get pops. There is soooooo much more talent now a days.

So when a guy like Rusev is doing what he is doing now, I dont care what the fans think is good. But this is because, like you say, fans are fickle. They are fickle everywhere so I cant use that as really solid evidence of anything. I just accept the efforts of the performers that have to do this over 200 days a year with no offseason.

In fact, the more I go back and watch what I missed, I gain even more appreciation of the talent of past, present, and future. I am at a point where I just allow myself to enjoy whats happening because its so great overall. There is so much history. There is so much more respect amongst the talent across promotions. I have a better understanding of the psychology of in ring activity as well as out of the ring promos. There is so much to just enjoy.

Like the last PPV. I loved every match. Not equally, no. But overall, I like what transpired and I like the show they put on. I dont want to try and fantasy book things to death like I do when we debate, for real. It is interesting to do but the more I do it, the more it takes away from the "reality" of what has actually happened.

I know that Lana isnt doing anything right now, for instance. I, also, can see the potential of what she can do with her character in juxtaposition with Rusev and I just want to see where it goes and not necessarily critique it. I can pick out something wrong with everything but after watching wrestling since I could remember and Im talking about Hulkamania in 93 and dressing like him for Halloween. Ive seen so much that its just no point of being so critical about whats happening and when I do, Im not even always right.

I thought that Paige would lose to set up a feud. Now she won and I dont know what they will do with that. But at the same time, I just wait to see what unfolds and if she loses and falls off and someone else takes her place, Ive seen it for 20+ years. Its not that deep.

CM Punk can come back and even after being mad at him for leaving, Id accept him with open arms. Cena can win until he retires. I have lived through Goldberg. WAAAAAAAAAAY more OP.

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Rumblestiltskin
Niji no Jojishi

Also, I didnt say deeper than yours. Its just deeper for me than it used to be. Im a lot less emotionally involved with the stories because thats how I am with entertainment as a whole.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff