Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Yeah. cool

I'll try to add one new video to this thread every Sunday afternoon, as long as I have valid, discussion-able topics to talk about.

Newest video is in Page 7. (Updated March 18, 2012)

Newest video is in Page 8. (Updated April 2, 2012.)

Newest video is in Page 8. (April 22nd, 2012.)

This week's video is in Page 8 as well.(April 28, 2012)

The newest video, "Juanito Shet Presents - Letters For The WWE!" is in Page 9. (May 14, 2012)

The newest video, "New WWE Belt, Damien Sandow & AJ Lee Talk", is in Page 9.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Good video, great points. Its a shame that there aren't more wrestlers of a Latino persuasion on either brand. I mean, the only ones they can compare to are Eddie and Rey, and those shoes can never be filled. Most of the Lucha that goes on these days are done by either black or white guys (most of the white guys are either on Superstars or can't pass a drug test)

WHY DON'T THEY BRING BACK THE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION? gonk

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Kaiser Khronos
Good video, great points. Its a shame that there aren't more wrestlers of a Latino persuasion on either brand. I mean, the only ones they can compare to are Eddie and Rey, and those shoes can never be filled. Most of the Lucha that goes on these days are done by either black or white guys (most of the white guys are either on Superstars or can't pass a drug test)

Thanks! But yeah, you're right, I can't think of any Mexican that can fill those shoes either.

AND YEAH. Cruiserweight division. I have no idea either. But I also know that I want it back too. neutral

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Juanito Shet
Kaiser Khronos

Thanks! But yeah, you're right, I can't think of any Mexican that can fill those shoes either.

AND YEAH. Cruiserweight division. I have no idea either. But I also know that I want it back too. neutral

I mean, cut down a "recap from last week promo" and throw in another match. Simple as that. You know, the kind that show practically EVERYTHING that Cena/Punk/Trips said the previous week...pisses me off to no end when they show those TWICE in the same show.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Kaiser Khronos
Juanito Shet
Kaiser Khronos

I mean, cut down a "recap from last week promo" and throw in another match. Simple as that. You know, the kind that show practically EVERYTHING that Cena/Punk/Trips said the previous week...pisses me off to no end when they show those TWICE in the same show.

EXACTLY. Good god, I don't hate them as much as you do but you're absolutely right. They could throw another match in those 5 minutes of time-wasting promo!

I had never thought of that. surprised

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Good video man.

I will disagree with you on one minor point (because I think you did adjust your argument later, so technically, we're agreeing): It's not that the chulo gimmick is a bad gimmick. It's not. If anyone proved that, it'd be Konan, who was greatly underutilized by a badly run WCW. If they would have recognized his ring talent and the ring talents of others sooner, he probably would have had a meaningful world title run at some point, because despite being a "mid carder," the dude was pretty over. But a chulo gimmick in the PG era WWE...yeah, that won't work. No major gangster gimmick will work. Hell, it's almost to the point where no real heel gimmick works in the WWE anymore, and that's just depressing.

As for Hunico, what I've seen of him, I like. I thought he was the better Sin Cara because he knew that he didn't need to be in the air 90% of the time. He's been impressive the couple of times I've seen him in the ring, and it at least seemed like a gimmick that had promised, though it has been recycled a couple of times. But yeah, he's getting screwed hardcore, and I wonder if it's the bilingual thing.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
kevin3485
Good video man.

I will disagree with you on one minor point (because I think you did adjust your argument later, so technically, we're agreeing): It's not that the chulo gimmick is a bad gimmick. It's not. If anyone proved that, it'd be Konan, who was greatly underutilized by a badly run WCW. If they would have recognized his ring talent and the ring talents of others sooner, he probably would have had a meaningful world title run at some point, because despite being a "mid carder," the dude was pretty over. But a chulo gimmick in the PG era WWE...yeah, that won't work. No major gangster gimmick will work. Hell, it's almost to the point where no real heel gimmick works in the WWE anymore, and that's just depressing.

As for Hunico, what I've seen of him, I like. I thought he was the better Sin Cara because he knew that he didn't need to be in the air 90% of the time. He's been impressive the couple of times I've seen him in the ring, and it at least seemed like a gimmick that had promised, though it has been recycled a couple of times. But yeah, he's getting screwed hardcore, and I wonder if it's the bilingual thing.

I did say I would begin to make videos moooonths ago. Many of 'em ago. And here they are, now that I have a decent camera. 3nodding

But yeah I guess you're right. It's not a bad gimmick. He was the better Sin Cara and I also enjoy what he does in the ring.

And maybe it is, who knows? I just think it kinda sucks though.

Big Loverboy

7,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
-First Off- When you all say "Gangster" I have Inigo Montoya mind set and TOTALLY thinking, "You keep saying that word but I don't think you know what it means".
(Godfather = Gangster/Mobster, Hood Gangs = Hoodlums/Thugs lmao)
That is just me being picky cause...I'm a Goodfellas/Godfather fan.

The only problem with the Chulo Gangster gimmick, is that its just that...
none of those guys really FIT the Gangster Feel. Just cause they show up dressing like them, doesn't mean anything to me. Thats probably me being negative of course, because I see kids all the time trying to be gangsters and repping their hoods...and then they go to private school...

For me:
Crime Time = Hoodlums. They did the Stealing s**t. They played the Stereotypical Black Males in the hood and made a joke out of it. (Possibly the best thing ever to happen after the Attitude Era in the Tag Team Division).

Majority of Latino World Order while by themselves never really gave off the vibe of being GANGSTER...the Group LWO was pretty Gangster in their Actions. Family Mentality. Was there even a Leader of that group?
For Konan yes, he felt more like a Gangster due to his actions. He would clock behind behind the head with a baseball bat, His Bad guy mentality made him more Gangster then his Tats and his Clothes. He was always about Familia. Konan to me was Latino Kings Mobster/Gangster in wrestling form. he FELT like a Gangster.

Hunico...I'm just not feeling it with him. like if some random kid dressed up in baggy pants, sports a bandana, and sun glasses...

He needs to get some basic tights on, learn how to talk, and go with a more Alberto Del Rio phase. Basic/Technical Wrestler with Personality. And thats what WWE is going for. Personality. They want to Remake Golden Era where, almost everyone had a Personality. Jake the Snake, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, LoD. Masked Wrestlers weren't Dime a Dozen in WWF, and most of them even had to learn how to talk. Of course you get people who don't need to talk (most just got around being bad guys and being HUGE like Giant Gonzalez), but for Lucha's you still need to talk on the mic/be able to speak!

To be honest, Del Rio I think could get a Gangster gimmick more then anything, and I mean Mobster, not Gangsta (I hate even typing that word). Del Rio pays people to hurt others for him had The Funkasaurus as an Enforer as well. Del Rio should get a Spanish Latin Kings stable going. Del Rio moves more so to Scarface menality or Leader, Epico/Primo and Hunico could be like a MOBSTER and be an Enforcer. Get like a Spanish Evolution going. The Sopranos comes to WWE now in Spanish!

That's my Two cents on the "Gangster" Gimmick and how it could work.

----Other topic but still relevant----

Me personally, when it comes to High Flying Cruiser/Light Weights, I just want to see Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon go at it when it comes to Lucha and Japan style wrestling. Masks, No Need for Stories, just competition.

With People like Jericho, they need to go after the Intercontinental or US Title (Or TV Title in their respected brands). Jericho might put on a GREAT show with people like Mysterio, but his Voice and his STYLE of Technical versus High Flying/Lucha is more serious then just slap some mask on him. To me, they need a Cruiser Weight Belt for High Flyers with no Personality. I don't care much for Most Lucha's because they can't speak on the mic. And thats not to insult them, but when I think of Lucha's speaking on the mic...I think of Mad TV... "I BREAK YOU...OVER MY KNEE!" Same with Most Masked Wrestlers. I don't care if they can insult the man, because with Lucha's and Japanese styled wrestling...Its not about Words, its Actions. You don't sit here and quote What Ultimo Dragon said to Dean Malenko back in the day do you? Hell no, but you remember that bad a** Float Over DDT from the Top Turnbuckle turned into a sitting pin!

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
I'd wish they changed Hunico's gimmick. That whole wannabe gimmick was worn out since Konan was portraying it on WCW. The whole thing about not being invited to DiBiase's party was also very weak.

Hunico should use that gimmick to do one last drive by on the creative staff at WWE.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Mike Riovanes
-First Off- When you all say "Gangster" I have Inigo Montoya mind set and TOTALLY thinking, "You keep saying that word but I don't think you know what it means".

The only problem with the Chulo Gangster gimmick, is that its just that...
none of those guys really FIT the Gangster Feel. Just cause they show up dressing like them, doesn't mean anything to me. Thats probably me being negative of course, because I see kids all the time trying to be gangsters and repping their hoods...and then they go to private school...

For me:
Crime Time = Hoodlums. They did the Stealing s**t. They played the Stereotypical Black Males in the hood and made a joke out of it. (Possibly the best thing ever to happen after the Attitude Era in the Tag Team Division).

Majority of Latino World Order while by themselves never really gave off the vibe of being GANGSTER...the Group LWO was pretty Gangster in their Actions. Family Mentality. Was there even a Leader of that group?
For Konan yes, he felt more like a Gangster due to his actions. He would clock behind behind the head with a baseball bat, His Bad guy mentality made him more Gangster then his Tats and his Clothes. He was always about Familia. Konan to me was Latino Kings Mobster/Gangster in wrestling form. he FELT like a Gangster.

Hunico...I'm just not feeling it with him. like if some random kid dressed up in baggy pants, sports a bandana, and sun glasses...

He needs to get some basic tights on, learn how to talk, and go with a more Alberto Del Rio phase. Basic/Technical Wrestler with Personality. And thats what WWE is going for. Personality. They want to Remake Golden Era where, almost everyone had a Personality. Jake the Snake, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, LoD. Masked Wrestlers weren't Dime a Dozen in WWF, and most of them even had to learn how to talk. Of course you get people who don't need to talk (most just got around being bad guys and being HUGE like Giant Gonzalez), but for Lucha's you still need to talk on the mic/be able to speak!

To be honest, Del Rio I think could get a Gangster gimmick more then anything, and I mean Mobster, not Gangsta (I hate even typing that word). Del Rio pays people to hurt others for him had The Funkasaurus as an Enforer as well. Del Rio should get a Spanish Latin Kings stable going. Del Rio moves more so to Scarface menality or Leader, Epico/Primo and Hunico could be like a MOBSTER and be an Enforcer. Get like a Spanish Evolution going. The Sopranos comes to WWE now in Spanish!

That's my Two cents on the "Gangster" Gimmick and how it could work.

----Other topic but still relevant----

Me personally, when it comes to High Flying Cruiser/Light Weights, I just want to see Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon go at it when it comes to Lucha and Japan style wrestling. Masks, No Need for Stories, just competition.

With People like Jericho, they need to go after the Intercontinental or US Title (Or TV Title in their respected brands). Jericho might put on a GREAT show with people like Mysterio, but his Voice and his STYLE of Technical versus High Flying/Lucha is more serious then just slap some mask on him. To me, they need a Cruiser Weight Belt for High Flyers with no Personality. I don't care much for Most Lucha's because they can't speak on the mic. And thats not to insult them, but when I think of Lucha's speaking on the mic...I think of Mad TV... "I BREAK YOU...OVER MY KNEE!" Same with Most Masked Wrestlers. I don't care if they can insult the man, because with Lucha's and Japanese styled wrestling...Its not about Words, its Actions. You don't sit here and quote What Ultimo Dragon said to Dean Malenko back in the day do you? Hell no, but you remember that bad a** Float Over DDT from the Top Turnbuckle turned into a sitting pin!

That's pretty much what I mean though, really. He doesn't make it feel real, it doesn't suit him and I don't think it ever will. neutral

And yeah, sounds like you're picky. Haha.

And I notice you guys calling "cholos" "chulos"... what? Chulo does not mean cholo. xd

As for the lightweight stuff, I agree. I'd rather see just plain competition myself than a Creative team trying to come up with some (usually) retarded reason as to why they're having a rivalry, why they're competing. WWE Superstars-like set up. It would work perfectly.

Problem is, they're not gonna go with anything of the sort. Which kinda sucks. neutral

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Skye River
I'd wish they changed Hunico's gimmick. That whole wannabe gimmick was worn out since Konan was portraying it on WCW. The whole thing about not being invited to DiBiase's party was also very weak.

Hunico should use that gimmick to do one last drive by on the creative staff at WWE.

Exactly. I literally just emotion_facepalm when I saw what they were beginning to do with him after his crap feud with Sin Cara ended.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Mike Riovanes

The term "gang" predates the use in reference to the mafia. The word has been used to refer to any sort of semi-organized group of people involved in illegal activities for centuries now. So...which one of us doesn't understand the meaning of the term again?
CruiserWeight is coming back though.

As soon as they start up the WWE Network they are going to have a CW show, they have been scouting for smaller guys for some time now, there have even been talk about brining Spanky (Brian Kendrick) back just for the CW show.

ninja

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
nilP
CruiserWeight is coming back though.

As soon as they start up the WWE Network they are going to have a CW show, they have been scouting for smaller guys for some time now, there have even been talk about brining Spanky (Brian Kendrick) back just for the CW show.

ninja

Brian Kendrick will never pass a piss test long enough to be hired again by the WWE...
kevin3485
Brian Kendrick will never pass a piss test long enough to be hired again by the WWE...

"Many in WWE believe that Brian Kendrick will be returning to WWE for the new Cruiserweight show on WWE Network later this year. Kendrick said last week during a radio appearance that he has stopped using marijuana and would be interested in returning to WWE." - 411mania.com

Sure he might be lying, but hell it would be nice too see Brian back imo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff