Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Gatekeeper

Lol, I think I'll be here as much as I am at woof. Which reminds me I have to go do some stuff for woof. XD I hope she comes back soon. I want to see those sketches!

Shirtless Receiver

I actually do get my fish supplies from Petco, although sometimes in special cases I need to go to the resident fish store down the street to get supplies like medications and special plants.

Phantom

@ Tigeria
That is a beautiful Betta.

Read this in a forum:
Quote:
He's now taking his time exploring all over the tank and has spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what the bubbles are coming out of the air stone. He follows one to the surface and tries to eat one every now and then.

HOW CUTE IS THAT.

Shirtless Receiver

Tried doing a photoshoot with Versace, but it didn't go over well. This is the only decent picture I got:

User Image

May do a video, if you guys are interested.

EDIT: Look at that wittle mustache!!
I'm not a very good fish photographer, this is the one I got the other day
User Image

Phantom

spottedleef
I actually do get my fish supplies from Petco, although sometimes in special cases I need to go to the resident fish store down the street to get supplies like medications and special plants.

But wouldn't that mean you are funding the shop?
Sorry about all the questions, I'm just confused.

@ Sangotaijiya08
He is beautiful.

Also, stupid question, but I've only ever seen Betta fish in the pet shop.
How do they act normally? eg. When you're not interacting with them, do they just... sit there? Or are they more constantly swimming about?

Shirtless Receiver

It's a double-edged sword. Yes, by rescuing Bettas and buying supplies from Petco and PetSmart, we are also enabling them to procure more Bettas for sale... it's a never-ending cycle. But sometimes you have to do the confusing thing and rescue anyway. For instance, shops like these may not take very good care of their fish, and you know a fish will die if you don't take him home immediately. It's sort of the like the pound. You don't like it, but you've got to do it. In many cases, if the fish is sick and you can provide evidence that you can heal it and find an approachable manager, you can get the fish for free. I know Kao does a lot of this.

As for supplies, I would buy from the fish store down the street if I weren't a poor college student. .___.;; Sometimes you've got to make sacrifices. The best thing you can do to make sure a pet store is treating their fish right is to voice your concerns, so even if you're buying from them, you're still letting them know that they can't get away with abuse unnoticed.

I'll show you how they act normally in a fish tank. Will take a video tonight. (:
Tigeria
You have to be real careful when looking for a Rosetail.

Rosetails are pretty much mutated halfmoons. There is so much branching on the tail, it folds and flops over on itself. Breeders try to stay away from them because they are very difficult to breed correctly and they usually come with a number of other malformations - bad scaling, spinal problems, small ventrals, small bodies, and slow growth. A lot of breeders will cull any rosetails they see in their spawn, and won't breed them. They carry a lot of deformities.

They also have extremely weak immune systems.

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I've always wanted a betta but somehow we always ended up with goldfish. And my landlord doesn't allow fish tanks, sadly. I'm surprised he's allowed me the frogs, but then they only need an inch of water or so in the tank. But someday, a betta.
Oooh sketches yus! The tail types listed on the front page are the ones we have sketches of already. However, I really want to try and cover most of the tail types (like Over Halfmoon, Halfsun, Rosetail, Combtail, Spadetail, Feathertail, Roundtail, etc), so I'll probably do those myself and try my best to match the lineart style :3

I'll make the sketch images right now and put them up on the front page 8D

Shirtless Receiver

Here's tonight's video of Versace: http://bettabeblissful.tumblr.com/

... Miza, this is what they do. x3

If we got donations for Wajas.com I could also hire the same artist to do some more sketches.
OOOOOOOOH that would be awesome. I like consistency xD. I wasn't sure if she was still around.

I never played on Wajas though ;~;

Shirtless Receiver

She is Welshen on Wajas, and her charges are 7mil WC per sketch. I have 84.5mil, so we could probably still get many sketches from the same artist if we dug up the appropriate references images for her.

Phantom

@ Leef
Ah, I see. I thought as much. But yeah, it's good that you're voicing your concerns to the pet shop.

Thanks for the video! Versace is even more beautiful in motion.
And thanks for addressing why he was almost vertical, LOL, I was wondering why. xD;
The little fin = aww, he's like Nemo! AHAHA... sorry. x:

AHHHH, watching the video makes me want one even more. Last year (I think it was last year), I saw an active Betta in his tiny little tank, and I wanted him so much... I wasn't sure if he was agitated/flaring or just being normal though... :S

Sorry, I've never played on Wajas either.

Shirtless Receiver

He IS like Nemo. xd No worries, it just makes him even more special. Thanks for the kind compliments! <33 I love getting feedback on my babehs. 8D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff