Welcome to Gaia! ::

is doggo's Partner In Crime

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Yunonia
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ALL MY LIFE!!!!
Seriously I'm so happy to see a monster shop! I love monsters and horror things and ahhh your art so far is gorgeous! I'm really digging it!

I'll def be hanging around and they to throw my support at this best I can. I'd love to get some of my monster characters here haha.

I'm thrilled to hear that and to have so much support! I was worried at first that this
was not a shop that users would be interested in and to have sudden support is very, very nice.

purplerosesbeauty's Partner In Crime

Obsessive Lover

I bet you'll get tons of support once the shop opens! This is just what the B/C needed! Gosh I'm so excited! *u*

I'll try to scoot some of my monster loving friends in this thread's direction too! <3

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Yunonia
I bet you'll get tons of support once the shop opens! This is just what the B/C needed! Gosh I'm so excited! *u*

I'll try to scoot some of my monster loving friends in this thread's direction too! <3

Awesome! And thanks! We're working hard behind the big blood stained curtain. lol

Witch has done some simply superb work! All of our graphics, the tags, and the thread layout so far is largely her hard work and I'm so thrilled that I found someone as amazing as she is and as dedicated to the shop as I am. crying

Witch, you make me so proud dear.

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Go Witch & Robo!
          You both have done amazing work here.

I can't wait to see this shop progress!

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Hello!

I once saw a case where someone was flaming another user in their sig (or something akin to that) and was told by an overseeing shop to remove it; however, the shop was then told by a moderator that they were not allowed to police anyone's signature (unless it specifically went against the TOS, I suppose).

I am glad to see action being taken against common triggers! However, I'm unsure if the above ruling is still in place or has changed, and I would try talking to a mod about it (assuming you haven't already, in which case, I apologize for the post).

Just wanted to get that out there; thanks for your time!

-returns to lurkerville-

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Ryuukishin
Hello!

I once saw a case where someone was flaming another user in their sig (or something akin to that) and was told by an overseeing shop to remove it; however, the shop was then told by a moderator that they were not allowed to police anyone's signature (unless it specifically went against the TOS, I suppose).

I am glad to see action being taken against common triggers! However, I'm unsure if the above ruling is still in place or has changed, and I would try talking to a mod about it (assuming you haven't already, in which case, I apologize for the post).

Just wanted to get that out there; thanks for your time!

-returns to lurkerville-

That's true. I can't tell someone what they can and can't have in the signature and have it be
any more meaningful than 'hey, that's not nice take it down' from any normal user, but what I
can do is ban them from my shop.

So while you can break this 'rule' it's not advised, because the last I remember you don't need a
reason to blacklist someone.

So yeah, I can't take any real action, but as the shop owner at the same time I kind of can? It's
weird. And it's not a threat, it's just a policy, so I hope it doesn't come off like that. QAQ

Thank you for bringing that up though and if there's any holes in that logic please bring that up
too so I can figure out how to avoid offending non-shop goers.

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I keep seeing the very colourful siggy so I thought I'd check it out. The idea for this is so very unique! I love it. Will stalk honourably!

Man-Hungry Fatcat

And thank you for taking the time to clarify that!

With that in mind, I would think it's all right?* Bans are still up to the individual as far as I'm aware, and in this case, I think working to help other users safe is a rad thing to do – especially since triggers aren't a common topic and so there might be some who are unaware of it or those who feel as if they would be bothering others if they brought up their own triggers. By including it as shop policy, it's made clear that an effort will be made to keep the thread as trigger free as possible. ^^

Thank you again!

Edit: *I wanted to clarify that I am not 100% certain on this since it's my first time seeing the scenario (and Gaia is prone to Weird Stuff, such as the time a bunch of people with links in their post format were reprimanded for advertising 9_6), only that I agree with the premises and that it looks like sound logic to me! I tried to contact moderators in the past and they were unresponsive, but the current one, Countess Kinoko, replied to me quickly the last time I PM'd her, so doing that is an option if you wanted to get a mod's opinion on it.

Cuddly Krampus

*plops in* Woo... fun round of Don't Starve Together and now to make dinner. Wanted to poke my head in a sec and catch up. Hopefully you won't have to ban anyone, Robo. That would suck. neutral

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Auric Halcyon

Thanks for stopping in to see us! We're always happy to see new faces here, so every new post makes me a little happier! heart

Ryuukishin

The idea here with us is to make a fun and safe environment even if we are a shop of monsters!
It's encouraged here with us that users do speak up and that we all work together as a team. I
won't pretend I can read minds, so I like when people ask questions and challenge what I've got
lain out simply because it helps me work out kinks just like this.

I want to keep my userbase, my friends, safe while they're here. I won't settle for anything less.
Hence us also being a zero tolerance shop.

Jynk

I hope I don't either, since that's the last thing I want. It won't be a choice I make lightly, I'll tell
you that. Also, we don't keep a public blacklist. The people who are on it will be PM'ed to be told
and the list will be kept safe with staff. We do not publicly list names due to harassment and
potential effects suffered throughout Gaia should other shop owners and players see said
names. So while we will be keeping a blacklist, no one but staff may see it.

And if any staff show it outside the staff thread in the guild it's bounds for immediate
termination.

Divine Prophet

Oh wow, I'm late to the update party ;v;7

Thanks to everyone who are giving us feedback and their opinions and support! It's always good to have others ideas to think about.
It's really great to see people are interested in a literally dark-themed b/c shop too!

Cuddly Krampus

Hey, Witch.

@Robo That's a good idea actually.
And Today marks the creation of the shops Mule account!

Cuddly Krampus

Divine Prophet

Morning goosebumps for the thread~!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out