is doggo's Partner In Crime

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
WitchWalk
Ooooooooo I see that silhouette up in that first post ~

Yep! Just finished em. I plan on making at least three more pets before we open with all of them coming from a single 'first stage' and the second set of four will have another 'first stage'. It's not random, there will be ways to tell what's inside, but not very much about what's inside.

I've been thinking about what other pets to make, I need to sketch them out first, but I'm debating if I want to do that right now or not. lol I think I will, just have to get back into the mood.

We've got our first pet species though, and that's enough to make me happy. whee

EDIT: I've also added a link to our guild.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Yep! Just finished em. I plan on making at least three more pets before we open with all of them coming from a single 'first stage' and the second set of four will have another 'first stage'. It's not random, there will be ways to tell what's inside, but not very much about what's inside.

I've been thinking about what other pets to make, I need to sketch them out first, but I'm debating if I want to do that right now or not. lol I think I will, just have to get back into the mood.

We've got our first pet species though, and that's enough to make me happy. whee

Eeee, that's exciting! So will it be a 2 stage to start the monster off before all the diverging or forging? With the 'baby' form turning into the 'adult' form?
I keep trying to guess what the first monster could be based off of? I reminds me of a... weasel / snakey looking thing. LOL :'D

I say take a break! You got one done and deserve some rest. c:

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

Eeee, that's exciting! So will it be a 2 stage to start the monster off before all the diverging or forging? With the 'baby' form turning into the 'adult' form?
I keep trying to guess what the first monster could be based off of? I reminds me of a... weasel / snakey looking thing. LOL :'D

I say take a break! You got one done and deserve some rest. c:

Yeah, they'll be from the same first stage where none of the edits will be showing. You get them in boxes, and they're unboxed when you win, purchase or claim them. You won't know what's in the box other than the species at first, and then you'll get to see it's colors, followed by the adult form where it's got it's edits.

So they're two staged pets since I don't count the boxes. The first stage is cute and far less monster like since well, cute babies.

And yeah, it's weasel like in a few ways. X3

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Yeah, they'll be from the same first stage where none of the edits will be showing. You get them in boxes, and they're unboxed when you win, purchase or claim them. You won't know what's in the box other than the species at first, and then you'll get to see it's colors, followed by the adult form where it's got it's edits.

So they're two staged pets since I don't count the boxes. The first stage is cute and far less monster like since well, cute babies.

And yeah, it's weasel like in a few ways. X3

So the box is the 'egg' stage in a way. Got it! Haha, I'm just imagining this little furry thing that someone found stuffed into a box and tossed onto the side of the road.

Will there be requirements to grow to the first 'adult' stage? Or will it be based on time for growth?

Ah, yes, cute monster babies that turn into creepy monster companions. Much excitement. That's my favorite word today it seems!

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

So the box is the 'egg' stage in a way. Got it! Haha, I'm just imagining this little furry thing that someone found stuffed into a box and tossed onto the side of the road.

Will there be requirements to grow to the first 'adult' stage? Or will it be based on time for growth?

Ah, yes, cute monster babies that turn into creepy monster companions. Much excitement. That's my favorite word today it seems!

Nah, the box through adult stages are all standard and timed. The basic pet doesn't require rp, but the reward stages do.

I want the shop to be friendly and able to be played with anyone, but the ones that want more out of shops to be able to find it too. That's why I added the extra stages! heart

There's also going to be story and story events that are also optional to follow and will reward anyone who takes part. Not all of them will be story based though. We'll have newbie events and various other ones like free events, breeding events and a list of other things.

I'm even planning to make 'holidays' for the shop because we won't be using standard holidays so we can include everyone rather than picking say US standard holidays.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Nah, the box through adult stages are all standard and timed. The basic pet doesn't require rp, but the reward stages do.

I want the shop to be friendly and able to be played with anyone, but the ones that want more out of shops to be able to find it too. That's why I added the extra stages! heart

There's also going to be story and story events that are also optional to follow and will reward anyone who takes part. Not all of them will be story based though. We'll have newbie events and various other ones like free events, breeding events and a list of other things.

I'm even planning to make 'holidays' for the shop because we won't be using standard holidays so we can include everyone rather than picking say US standard holidays.

I'm down for trying to get those extra stages! And for Soul Forging too. The idea of that reminds me of Digimon fusing, and those were cool enough when I was a kid.

It's nice that you're trying to offer different levels of the shops for those who are interested in their own 'difficulty' level, so to speak. Some shops are so heavily story based or RP required that it's almost impossible to keep up with it -- personally, anyways!

I commend you for wanting to be all around friendly~ It seems like you've put a lot of thought into the concepts you have going so far!

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

I'm down for trying to get those extra stages! And for Soul Forging too. The idea of that reminds me of Digimon fusing, and those were cool enough when I was a kid.

It's nice that you're trying to offer different levels of the shops for those who are interested in their own 'difficulty' level, so to speak. Some shops are so heavily story based or RP required that it's almost impossible to keep up with it -- personally, anyways!

I commend you for wanting to be all around friendly~ It seems like you've put a lot of thought into the concepts you have going so far!

Yeah, I've been around for a while, and despite what my current account says, I've been on gaia since around 03 - 04 and I've been on the BC forums for what feels like my whole 'Gaia' life. I've run several shops, the first one being Puddy Paws and Claws, a LONG since defunct shop with dragons, another dragon shop called Dragons of Icarus that's going to a new owner, and two more concepts that never made it.

So I've picked up quite a few little bits and bobbles here and there. I've been enjoying drawing monsters and I miss the community that pet shops create. That's when I decided that now that I'm out of College and I have the time to do it, that I should run another shop. I miss everything that used to come with it and I want a friendly environment where everyone can come and chill out.

So yeah, I'm trying to make this one last and I'll be heavy involved in just about every aspect of it.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Yeah, I've been around for a while, and despite what my current account says, I've been on gaia since around 03 - 04 and I've been on the BC forums for what feels like my whole 'Gaia' life. I've run several shops, the first one being Puddy Paws and Claws, a LONG since defunct shop with dragons, another dragon shop called Dragons of Icarus that's going to a new owner, and two more concepts that never made it.

So I've picked up quite a few little bits and bobbles here and there. I've been enjoying drawing monsters and I miss the community that pet shops create. That's when I decided that now that I'm out of College and I have the time to do it, that I should run another shop. I miss everything that used to come with it and I want a friendly environment where everyone can come and chill out.

So yeah, I'm trying to make this one last and I'll be heavy involved in just about every aspect of it.

Same with my current account. I can't quite recall when my first account was... I think that was around the same time as you probably.

I used to love to color for a few shops, but all of those are now long gone as far as I can recall. One that involved steampunk kittens, another that had these dog squirrel critters that came from crystals, and a gryphon one that I loved doing edits for. After all that though I hadn't been on Gaia in years, so I just remade my account. It's kind of weird trying to get acquainted with the B/C shops again.

Always wanted to make my own shop but could never find a concept I was fully happy with.
So I'm really happy to see someone with a badass idea working to go through with it! I'd really like to see this place pick up and grow just because your ideas are mellow and easy, yet there is a challenge there if people want it. From the way you have things written, it doesn't seem so overly complicated to boot.

Plus, you know, something different that isn't horses, dragons, or cats. > >

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

Same with my current account. I can't quite recall when my first account was... I think that was around the same time as you probably.

I used to love to color for a few shops, but all of those are now long gone as far as I can recall. One that involved steampunk kittens, another that had these dog squirrel critters that came from crystals, and a gryphon one that I loved doing edits for. After all that though I hadn't been on Gaia in years, so I just remade my account. It's kind of weird trying to get acquainted with the B/C shops again.

Always wanted to make my own shop but could never find a concept I was fully happy with.
So I'm really happy to see someone with a badass idea working to go through with it! I'd really like to see this place pick up and grow just because your ideas are mellow and easy, yet there is a challenge there if people want it. From the way you have things written, it doesn't seem so overly complicated to boot.

Plus, you know, something different that isn't horses, dragons, or cats. > >

Right. I've got a great concept for a second pet type and I've already got it sketched somewhat. I'm having a blast with these!

I am excited to say that the largest part of this next pet is based off a King Cobra. twisted That's all you get though. lol

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Right. I've got a great concept for a second pet type and I've already got it sketched somewhat. I'm having a blast with these!

I am excited to say that the largest part of this next pet is based off a King Cobra. twisted That's all you get though. lol

WELL. YOU'VE GOT ME NOW. I WANT IT.
I am a admirer of reptiles despite me not owning any. :'D

Snakes, lizards, dragons, and on top of that it's a monster?
I will happily take a whole bunch of those scalies and fuse / diverge the hell out of them kthnxbai. heart

Out of curiosity (I read the area about cosplay pets) will there be a way to get customs if that is available? And if so, is it possible for the pet to be on completely custom lines or be of a totally 'unknown' species?

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

WELL. YOU'VE GOT ME NOW. I WANT IT.
I am a admirer of reptiles despite me not owning any. :'D

Snakes, lizards, dragons, and on top of that it's a monster?
I will happily take a whole bunch of those scalies and fuse / diverge the hell out of them kthnxbai. heart

Out of curiosity (I read the area about cosplay pets) will there be a way to get customs if that is available? And if so, is it possible for the pet to be on completely custom lines or be of a totally 'unknown' species?

Yes and Yes, though the latter is much, much harder to do and will likely be a late game goal. As of right now the only ways to get that would be Divergent Evolution and I might add it as an endgame goal with the mysterious 'final species' that the player can unlock being their own creation unique to the player.

But don't quote me, cause I don't know yet.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Yes and Yes, though the latter is much, much harder to do and will likely be a late game goal. As of right now the only ways to get that would be Divergent Evolution and I might add it as an endgame goal with the mysterious 'final species' that the player can unlock being their own creation unique to the player.

But don't quote me, cause I don't know yet.

Of course! Was simply curious of your thoughts on that. Either way, fusing and diverging sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Is it possible to say, diverge a fused soul monster, and vice versa (fuse a diverged monster to another (normal or diverged otherwise)?

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
WitchWalk

Of course! Was simply curious of your thoughts on that. Either way, fusing and diverging sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Is it possible to say, diverge a fused soul monster, and vice versa (fuse a diverged monster to another (normal or diverged otherwise)?

Sure is. Both can breed too. It's also possible to fuse and diverge more than once.

Divine Prophet

Robotic RedCape
Sure is. Both can breed too. It's also possible to fuse and diverge more than once.

It sounds like so much work, but it sounds like enjoyable work. If that even makes any sense? ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff