Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Less Than Liz
Bane of Ezekiel
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is considered a branch of Christianity, llike Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Protestantism, Anabpatists, etc.

Thus if Romney is elected, you get a Christian.

It's just that their religion is super creepy.

Islam is way worse, in my opinion.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ardell Cotrell

Depends. You compare Warren Jeffs with the imam at the mosque down the street, imam is probably significantly less creepy. Won't read a letter from god at his trial for being a child-molesting creepazoid, anyway.

But you've got your more mainstream Mormons, who just want to ride bicycles around town while way overdressed for cycling, and tell you the good news about Jesus's trip to the Americas. And then you've got, say, the Taliban.

So it's a question of degrees.

Ruthless Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Wendigo
Ardell Cotrell

Depends. You compare Warren Jeffs with the imam at the mosque down the street, imam is probably significantly less creepy. Won't read a letter from god at his trial for being a child-molesting creepazoid, anyway.

But you've got your more mainstream Mormons, who just want to ride bicycles around town while way overdressed for cycling, and tell you the good news about Jesus's trip to the Americas. And then you've got, say, the Taliban.

So it's a question of degrees.

Warren Jeffs is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he is a member of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which has nothing to do with the Church. They broke off sometime in the 1800s.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ardell Cotrell

Warren Jeffs is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he is a member of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which has nothing to do with the Church. They broke off sometime in the 1800s.
Right up until 1890 they'd still just be Mormons, though, plural marriage and all. Church hadn't banned the practice yet, and all.
Living Daylights
So since Rick Santorum has suspended his campaign, it's safe to assume that Mitt Romney will be going up against Barack Obama. Now this is something I am not a fan of. We have someone who is not a Christian and he has a chance of becoming president of the United States. I was never fond of Santorum, but Rick Santorum was at least a follower of God. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I don't have an issue with A mormon personally, but this nation is a country that has a Christian majority. So why should this country be ruled by anyone other than a Christian? Do you want this man to introduce Mormon laws?

I wasn't aware that Presidents are "rulers" of the US.
And isn't all of your worrying part of the reason checks and balances are in place?
It's not as though the President has absolute control over everything that happens - and there have been many non-Christians as part of the government that "rules over" the US in the past.

I think it's pretty stupid to vote for someone or not vote for someone based solely on their religion. I've got lots of Mormon friends who voted for Obama, but now are all gung-ho about Romney. And I've got plenty of friends who refuse to vote for Romney just because of his religion (without looking into how he practices, how he might let it influence politics, etc...) based purely on how "weird" and "wrong" Mormonism is.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items