Welcome to Gaia! ::

Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
They got that regime though a people's revolution. You cannot say that they are different.

People can change their minds, though. The revolution was like, 30 years ago now

Have you ever heard of the philosHer known as Pete Townshend?

No, I haven't. Does that have anything to do with what I'm talking about that?

First off, you suck. Pete Townshend is the Lead Singer of The Who and the master of Guitar Smashing. The reason I bring him up is because there is a song called We won't get Fooled Again.

My favorite part if the line "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Which is exactly what happens after revolutions. Ahmadinejad was a rebel until he took power. I don't know if the Iranian people wanting him out is hypocritical or picky. Either way, they brought him into power.

Timid Wife

Woohoo, second page! Look how popular I still am after such a long hiatus!

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
They got that regime though a people's revolution. You cannot say that they are different.

People can change their minds, though. The revolution was like, 30 years ago now

First off, you suck. Pete Townshend is the Lead Singer of The Who and the master of Guitar Smashing. The reason I bring him up is because there is a song called We won't get Fooled Again.

My favorite part if the line "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Which is exactly what happens after revolutions. Ahmadinejad was a rebel until he took power. I don't know if the Iranian people wanting him out is hypocritical or picky. Either way, they brought him into power.

You're not making an actual argument. You're just saying, basically, that because they wanted him then, they'll want him forever
OK, the Iranian People aren't like the Iranian Regime. Got that.

But they're going to be bombed anyway, aren't they?

Timid Wife

azulmagia

I'unno, I'm not a psychic.
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton

You're not making an actual argument. You're just saying, basically, that because they wanted him then, they'll want him forever

They built their nest, now they have to live in it. And even if they do revolt. What are they going to get? A new dictator? Wow, things certainly change, don't they?
Raptor Mechanic
azulmagia

Well, there's been war talk for years due to the alleged Iranian atomic bomb program.

When we hear the words "We have no quarrel with the Iranian people..." then that's a dead giveaway war is in the works.
Lord Akhenaton

They built their nest, now they have to live in it. And even if they do revolt. What are they going to get? A new dictator? Wow, things certainly change, don't they?

That's a simplistic view. The Shah was widely unpopular, both with those who supported Islamic Fundamentalism and those who didn't, he wouldn't of lasted regardless.

When all was said and done and the shah was topple it was the fundamentalist who managed to wrest power. This however doesn't mean the whole movement to rid the shah was fundamentalist, nor that the population really supported the revolutionary regime.

Timid Wife

azulmagia
Raptor Mechanic
azulmagia

Well, there's been war talk for years due to the alleged Iranian atomic bomb program.

When we hear the words "We have no quarrel with the Iranian people..." then that's a dead giveaway war is in the works.

I shall now predict the Ayatollah's winning lottery numbers. Nope.... Nothing....

Magical Girl

[Skeptical]

First point says nothing about the Iranian people being different from the ruling government.

Furthermore, Iran has always been known, in the modern eye, as being light on what constitutes hijab, so that's hardly a point in your argument's favor.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic

Bye-bye. I was only here on impulse. I got accepted to University of Chicago and have decided to double major in Farsi and political science.
Wow, you must either be a minority or have a lot of money.

1000 points to Griffindor who knew University of Chicago is comparable to Harvard.
Obama went there, and i go to the Eastern history museum there sometimes and find old scholars float in around there so that they can give me recommendations cause i sound smart. It's only practice really though, their prices are insane.

Yeah, it's really ******** expensive, but I don't care. I'm going to be debt ridden forever and ever and ever.

But who knows, I plan on becoming a sex crimes prosecutor. I might help set American policy on sexual violence survivors in the Middle East.

You'd be a terrible sex crimes prosecutor. All they'd need to do is poke you in the right ways, you have some kind of idiotic outburst like on here, and ouch there goes your job.

Timid Wife

The Herald of War
Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic

Bye-bye. I was only here on impulse. I got accepted to University of Chicago and have decided to double major in Farsi and political science.
Wow, you must either be a minority or have a lot of money.

1000 points to Griffindor who knew University of Chicago is comparable to Harvard.
Obama went there, and i go to the Eastern history museum there sometimes and find old scholars float in around there so that they can give me recommendations cause i sound smart. It's only practice really though, their prices are insane.

Yeah, it's really ******** expensive, but I don't care. I'm going to be debt ridden forever and ever and ever.

But who knows, I plan on becoming a sex crimes prosecutor. I might help set American policy on sexual violence survivors in the Middle East.

You'd be a terrible sex crimes prosecutor. All they'd need to do is poke you in the right ways, you have some kind of idiotic outburst like on here, and ouch there goes your job.

What was that? Oh right, you still don't like me. I got confused there for a second.

Timid Wife

HMS Thunder Child
[Skeptical]

First point says nothing about the Iranian people being different from the ruling government.

Furthermore, Iran has always been known, in the modern eye, as being light on what constitutes hijab, so that's hardly a point in your argument's favor.

#foreverskeptical

Magical Girl

Raptor Mechanic
HMS Thunder Child
[Skeptical]

#foreverskeptical
[Annoyed]

That's not a response.

Timid Wife

HMS Thunder Child
Raptor Mechanic
HMS Thunder Child
[Skeptical]

#foreverskeptical
[Annoyed]

That's not a response.
Oh, I'm sorry, I should be clearer in my articulation; you're forever skeptical.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff