Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Wife

Well I'm back, hur hur hur.

In all cases, people assume people and government share a belief which they both hold as a majority viewpoint. But, that is not always the case.

For example, here are examples of why Iranians are nothing like the Iranian Regime.

I.) Iran issued a fatwa making sexual reassignment surgery permitted in the country.

a.) Although the government holds a policy of forcing gays and lesbians to go through a sex change to dodge the issue of homosexuality.

b.) Recently, Iran surpassed Indonesia with having the most transsexuals in a population: more than one percent.

II.) Drug and alcohol smuggling is increasing every year.

a.) Parties among the youth go on, but are kept secret.

b.)Morality police blitz parties on a nightly basis and arrest party goers.

III.) Feminism movement is slowly gaining ground.

a.) Iranian women are defying laws and are going out without hijab or dress provocatively while dressing in hijab.

b.) The exclusion of women from over 90 majors at colleges was a move by the regime to stop the women's movement in Iran because it is gaining legitimacy.

IV.) Iranians like Western Culture

a.) Western styled music produced by Iranian nationals has been growing since 2000, and have been gaining popularity because of the internet.

b.) Iranian regime has imposed dress codes to prevent Western fashion from being worn. But, black market is a way to overcome this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bye-bye. I was only here on impulse. I got accepted to University of Chicago and have decided to double major in Farsi and political science.

Good day.

Liberal Regular

Raptor Mechanic

Bye-bye. I was only here on impulse. I got accepted to University of Chicago and have decided to double major in Farsi and political science.

Good day.

Your first two years in university political science will make you flock back here thanks to the stupidity of your class mates.

Timid Wife

Bane of Ezekiel
Raptor Mechanic

Good day.

Your first two years in university political science will make you flock back here thanks to the stupidity of your class mates.

Actually, my experiences with people in real life, and on Gaia, has made me learn not to trust people who argue over the Internet. Seriously, after leaving Gaia my Facebook posts are nothing but sarcasm and humor. I'm only on Gaia because it's Gaia 10 year anniversary.

So, I wanted to come back to Gaia, and tell everyone my life is so much better without actually arguing over the internet, and instead do it in person with friends.
So was your life depressing and pointless when you posted on here before? That's not good. I mean, I think most people who post on here probably live fairly decent lives, just based on what I've seen. If you were incapable of doing the same then that's really a shame, but at least you managed to sort it out eventually. I guess not everyone can have it easy.

Are you planning on moving to Iran or being an interpreter for Iranian speakers? I guess Farsi would probably be a completely pointless thing to study otherwise. At least it's probably more useful/interesting than political science. Good on you for being different!
They got that regime though a people's revolution. You cannot say that they are different.

Dapper Reveler

Raptor Mechanic

Wow, you must either be a minority or have a lot of money.

Timid Wife

Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic

1000 points to Griffindor who knew University of Chicago is comparable to Harvard.

Dapper Reveler

Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic

1000 points to Griffindor who knew University of Chicago is comparable to Harvard.
Obama went there, and i go to the Eastern history museum there sometimes and find old scholars float in around there so that they can give me recommendations cause i sound smart. It's only practice really though, their prices are insane.

Timid Wife

Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic
Avgvsto
Raptor Mechanic

Obama went there, and i go to the Eastern history museum there sometimes and find old scholars float in around there so that they can give me recommendations cause i sound smart. It's only practice really though, their prices are insane.

Yeah, it's really ******** expensive, but I don't care. I'm going to be debt ridden forever and ever and ever.

But who knows, I plan on becoming a sex crimes prosecutor. I might help set American policy on sexual violence survivors in the Middle East.
Raptor Mechanic

gonk Philistines.
Raptor Mechanic
Bane of Ezekiel
Raptor Mechanic

Good day.

Actually, my experiences with people in real life, and on Gaia, has made me learn not to trust people who argue over the Internet. Seriously, after leaving Gaia my Facebook posts are nothing but sarcasm and humor. I'm only on Gaia because it's Gaia 10 year anniversary.

So, I wanted to come back to Gaia, and tell everyone my life is so much better without actually arguing over the internet, and instead do it in person with friends.

I can't argue with my friends. We'd end up hurt.

Aged Lunatic

deadroosters
Raptor Mechanic

gonk Philistines.

Doesn't mean much anyway. Japan hates our guts yet loves to soak up western culture and kitsch. Not even all the blues music in Chicago and movies in Hollywood casues them to take their nihonjinron boner out of their collective hands.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Lord Akhenaton
They got that regime though a people's revolution. You cannot say that they are different.

People can change their minds, though. The revolution was like, 30 years ago now
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton

People can change their minds, though. The revolution was like, 30 years ago now

Have you ever heard of the philosHer known as Pete Townshend?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Lord Akhenaton
Queen Shining Heaven
Lord Akhenaton

Have you ever heard of the philosHer known as Pete Townshend?

No, I haven't. Does that have anything to do with what I'm talking about that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff