Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tennessee state senator Stacey Campfield reintroduced it after it had failed. It's now called the "Classroom Protection Act."

“at grade levels pre-K through eight (pre-K-8 ), any such classroom instruction, course materials or other informational resources that are inconsistent with natural human reproduction shall be classified as inappropriate for the intended student audience and, therefore, shall be prohibited.”

It also says teachers and counselor must inform parents that a student's parents that they child is gay if the student confides in them.
Wouldn't that kibosh abistinence-only education too?

Tipsy Explorer

Another damned bill to boycott and fight. ******** sake.

Questionable Codger

Don't say Gay, say Takei!

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
That's very totalitarianist of them.

Aged Lunatic

azulmagia
Wouldn't that kibosh abistinence-only education too?

Not to mention the whole idea of "marriage" in the first place.

"Natural" is a dangerous card to play, isn't it....

Conservative Victory

I wish we could bring that legislation to my state. I support it completely. No material that goes against natural human reproduction should be allowed anywhere near students. The last part of the law might be going too far, but parents do have a right to know if their child is gay so that they can take the necessary measures needed to deal with that situation.

Dangerous Genius

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Prince Ikari
I wish we could bring that legislation to my state. I support it completely. No material that goes against natural human reproduction.

Define natural. Because homosexuality is natural throughout the animal kingdom. Of course it has nothing to do with reproduction, but it has everything to do with animal sexual behavior, which is only associated with reproductive behavior.

Quote:
should be allowed anywhere near students.

I'd like a source here highlighting the effects on exposure to sexuality in children. You know, like if gay parents ******** their kids up by being gay. Good luck finding that from a credible source.

Quote:
The last part of the law might be going too far, but parents do have a right to know if their child is gay so that they can take the necessary measures needed to deal with that situation.

Just because I'm curious, what are necessary measures?

Aged Lunatic

Reluctant Samurai
Prince Ikari
I wish we could bring that legislation to my state. I support it completely. No material that goes against natural human reproduction.

Define natural. Because homosexuality is natural throughout the animal kingdom. Of course it has nothing to do with reproduction, but it has everything to do with animal sexual behavior, which is only associated with reproductive behavior.

Quote:

I'd like a source here highlighting the effects on exposure to sexuality in children. You know, like if gay parents ******** their kids up by being gay. Good luck finding that from a credible source.

Quote:
The last part of the law might be going too far, but parents do have a right to know if their child is gay so that they can take the necessary measures needed to deal with that situation.

This is Ikari, so my guess is incarceration in one of those delightful "pray away the gay" prison camps.
If I know lawyers...and I do...there's already an army of them in TN licking their lips in anticipation at this bill passing. The first suit against the school that falsely reports some poor kid's "suspected homosexuality" is going to make someone quite rich.

Dangerous Genius

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
GunsmithKitten
Reluctant Samurai
Prince Ikari

Quote:

Quote:

This is Ikari, so my guess is incarceration in one of those delightful "pray away the gay" prison camps.

Oh, so we're dealing with Bachmann level lunacy. Understood. Completely disregarding now.

I love how people with no scientific education whatsoever pretend toward understanding biological function. Better yet when they attempt to elevate humanity above the processes that govern all life, while at the same time attempting to enforce made up rules upon a scheme devoid of any human sentimentality.

Aged Lunatic

Reluctant Samurai
GunsmithKitten
Reluctant Samurai
Prince Ikari

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, so we're dealing with Bachmann level lunacy. Understood. Completely disregarding now.

I love how people with no scientific education whatsoever pretend toward understanding biological function. Better yet when they attempt to elevate humanity above the processes that govern all life, while at the same time attempting to enforce made up rules upon a scheme devoid of any human sentimentality.

Welcome to dealing with Ikari. Kid gives me the willies.

Magical Girl

GunsmithKitten
Reluctant Samurai
GunsmithKitten
Reluctant Samurai
Prince Ikari

Quote:

Quote:

Welcome to dealing with Ikari. Kid gives me the willies.
[Skeptical]

I don't think there's dealing with them so much as putting them down like an ailing pet.

They blocked me because I refused to take their excusing execution and imprisonment of gay people. For a religious nut, they're awful bad at the whole "being a good person" part.
Reluctant Samurai
Prince Ikari

Quote:

Quote:

Please don't feed the trolls. smile

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Reluctant Samurai

I wouldn't count bonobos, those guys are some straight up freaks, man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff