Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remakes are what save the franchise of Pokemon, sort of. A little bit. Take for example, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Remakes of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow (sort of), right? You have:
1. Items you've never seen, that are new and useful.
2. The ability to trade current new generation Pokemon.
3. New features that allow sociable battling

While still retaining:
1. Old music (sort of, just new styles)
2. The same Pokemon.
3. Same/similar story line.

Now nostalgia people, this doesn't mean you have to stop playing Pokemon. Just buy the remakes, that's all.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
It would not surprise me if there are people who reject remakes because they are still not the original and still contain what they don't like about the newer games. That said, I see your point. It is something that I suggest myself to people who may not like the newer Pokemon and prefer the older games, such as Red and Blue; or Gold and Silver.

Remakes are good because they retain what the original games had, plus more. They are basically an update. Although I'm just repeating what you said...

I've seen people who hate the newer games because they still believe that everything should be done via link cables.
Silversan
It would not surprise me if there are people who reject remakes because they are still not the original and still contain what they don't like about the newer games. That said, I see your point. It is something that I suggest myself to people who may not like the newer Pokemon and prefer the older games, such as Red and Blue; or Gold and Silver.

I've seen people who hate the newer games because they still believe that everything should be done via link cables.

Cable links were always a pain in the butt to me. When the wireless adapter came out for the GBA, I was amazed. Now with DS, it's still pretty neat, but I'm used to it now.

I understand where the nostalgia comes from, but I wonder this: Have any of the Poke-nostalgia people gone back to the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal?

7,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Remakes sell more then regular games, so I'll have to agree. They are good for both people new to the series and people looking or a little nostalgia.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The Child of Aura
Silversan

Cable links were always a pain in the butt to me. When the wireless adapter came out for the GBA, I was amazed. Now with DS, it's still pretty neat, but I'm used to it now.

I understand where the nostalgia comes from, but I wonder this: Have any of the Poke-nostalgia people gone back to the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal?

Cables were okay, but they did get annoying. I often lost mine. n_n

You know, that's a good question. How many of them actually play the older games?

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cosplay Account
Nuzlocke Challenge (prologue updated)
GPX+

x
x

I love remakes. (:
I always thought FR and LG were cool, and I loved the addition of the Sevii Islands. HG and SS were awesome too; and I'm really hoping for some RS remakes.

Story in a nutshell- remakes are badass.

x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
<3

Hipsters will be Hipsters.
Ignoring them and just enjoying what you like is the BEST thing to do.

Dedicated Loiterer

I haven't been able to find FR/LG anywherrrre. Used game stores and pawn shops have failed me.
-totally never played first or second gen.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces