Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
Anyone hear about the stunt PETA is pulling? Seems they've made a game called "Pokemon Black & Blue" in protest of the Pokemon franchise.. A little pic someone posted to FB about it, top is a screen shot from the game, obviously the bottom is something someone made as a response:

User Image

Tartistry's Husbando

Mind-boggling Pants

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Oh no. PETA is attacking pokémon.
Like I give two shits.
No-one listens to PETA anyway. All they do is jump on bandwagons in the hopes of stirring up controversy to further their message.
Just ignore them.
When super meat boy was released PETA failed to realise it wasn't a game promoting meat eating.
They decided to make a game called "Super tofu boy" to highlight the evils of meat eating.
Team meat responded by making tofu boy a character in super meat boy.
You needed to type in "Petaphile" and tofu boy was virtually unplayable due to the fact he was heavily malnourished.

Baby

Why is PETA, who ever the hell they are, ******** with pokeman in the first place? :u
/missed something obviously.

Devoted Defender

Chainys teh amazing

Oh no. PETA is attacking pokémon.
Like I give two shits.
No-one listens to PETA anyway. All they do is jump on bandwagons in the hopes of stirring up controversy to further their message.
Just ignore them.
When super meat boy was released PETA failed to realise it wasn't a game promoting meat eating.
They decided to make a game called "Super tofu boy" to highlight the evils of meat eating.
Team meat responded by making tofu boy a character in super meat boy.
You needed to type in "Petaphile" and tofu boy was virtually unplayable due to the fact he was heavily malnourished.

I ignore PETA most of the time but they did something that pissed me off royally not too long ago. I used to live in a place called Monks Corner South Carolina. Out there we had a monastery where the monks sold eggs on the side as a service to the local community. They were the only place in the United States that still used candling when they inspected the eggs. Using a candle was the only method that didn't risk producing bacteria inside the egg, which is a major problem with the industrialized version.

PETA decided this was an inhumane thing to do and started protesting. They raised such a huge stink about it that the people who were seeking sanctuary with the monks couldn't find peace anymore and they ended up shutting down the whole thing in order to shut them up.

Tartistry's Husbando

Mind-boggling Pants

That's what PETA does.
Completely misrepresent media and hope they can use the warped form of whatever they've got their grubby mitts on to spread their ignorant hatefilled messages.
Just ignore them. By trying to get us to talk about them they are succeeding with their campaign.

So anyway, how is B2/W2?

Devoted Defender

CenturionXxX
Why is PETA, who ever the hell they are, ******** with pokeman in the first place? :u
/missed something obviously.

PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and they take it too far all the time and over exaggerate the suffering of animals. Mostly they just get in people's ways.

Baby

@Allistaire - Ahh, I see.
@Chainy - The rival gets on my nerves so badly.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
Chainys teh amazing
So anyway, how is B2/W2?

So far so good. Seems to have a steeper than usual leveling curve though, not complaining just an observation.

Original Lunatic

New Breeding mechanics.
The PokeStudios thing was kind of cute I guess.
The wild pokemon variety is pretty righteous I have to say so far.

I notice wild pokemon have a higher critical hit ratio or something.
It could be my imagination.

As for PETA...
Yeah, good luck with that.
Don't you have some REAL animals to save?
Kids can tell the difference between reality and fantasy you know.

KINGPINS OF OVERREACTION

Original Lunatic

Other news, I'm trying to look for an interesting badge tutorial I found on the webs.
Have it saved somewhere ' ' '

Tartistry's Husbando

Mind-boggling Pants

How many PETA supporters does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. PETA can't change anything.

Anyway, I'm going to be buying the best PS3 game ever tomorrow. Called Tokyo Jungle, the story is humans have been wiped off the face of the earth and in Tokyo all the pets have gone feral with animals escaping from zoos. You get to choose an animal and play as it trying to survive. I'm going to play as a chicken and amass a chicken army and take down a giraffe.

This and Pikmin 2 will be enough til Friday. The wait ain't so bad.

Original Lunatic

XD I thought you were joking so I did some investigating.
What the hell will they come up with next?

And yes, I am very interested in this game XD

Devoted Defender

Chainys teh amazing
How many PETA supporters does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. PETA can't change anything.

Anyway, I'm going to be buying the best PS3 game ever tomorrow. Called Tokyo Jungle, the story is humans have been wiped off the face of the earth and in Tokyo all the pets have gone feral with animals escaping from zoos. You get to choose an animal and play as it trying to survive. I'm going to play as a chicken and amass a chicken army and take down a giraffe.

This and Pikmin 2 will be enough til Friday. The wait ain't so bad.

I suppose statistics would support that eventually there'd be a game fun enough to make me want to get a PS3. xD

Original Lunatic

XD Always wanted to be a hyena, but the chicken seems the most dangerous by far.
Aren't there like over 3 chicken for every living human on earth?

Tartistry's Husbando

Mind-boggling Pants

The best part is you can not only play as chickens, you can play as chicks.
And you can make your animals wear equipment like you can give a dog a shirt and shoes and a baseball cap for +def.
The game gives you more of a kind of animal to follow you around if it's weaker.
Did I mention this game has dinosaurs too?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff