20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I bet you're excited for the shiny beldum give away

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon

You betcha! I don't even know if I want to use that one as Mega Metagross . . . though I do like its Mega form as well. I like the regular coloration for Mega Metagross better.

Mega Salamence also looks like an improvement to me in terms of design, and it'll finally get a strong Flying STAB. On the other hand, I don't really like Mega Slowbro . . . where did the innards of the transformed Shellder go?! It disturbs me a bit.

So, did you catch the new Champ and his Pachirisu? When I first saw the movesets for his Pokemon, I was skeptical, but after looking at the battles, seems like Pachirisu was a good niche tank for Gyarados and Garchomp.

I didn't really enjoy secret/hidden bases in the previous games, but looks like we can make our own mini-Gyms and there's more options this time around. Looks like that will be fun. I am concerned about not being able to customize our characters anymore, though. Doesn't seem like there's any indication of that in all this pre-release material.

As the release date approaches for the Hoenn remakes, I'll be visiting this thread more frequently . . .

Shadowy Informer

Zekil Blakhardt
LF KATAFISH

Hello there~

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
katashi65

Hello fish. Don't see you on EE much anymore :C

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

You betcha! I don't even know if I want to use that one as Mega Metagross . . . though I do like its Mega form as well. I like the regular coloration for Mega Metagross better.

Mega Salamence also looks like an improvement to me in terms of design, and it'll finally get a strong Flying STAB. On the other hand, I don't really like Mega Slowbro . . . where did the innards of the transformed Shellder go?! It disturbs me a bit.

So, did you catch the new Champ and his Pachirisu? When I first saw the movesets for his Pokemon, I was skeptical, but after looking at the battles, seems like Pachirisu was a good niche tank for Gyarados and Garchomp.

I didn't really enjoy secret/hidden bases in the previous games, but looks like we can make our own mini-Gyms and there's more options this time around. Looks like that will be fun. I am concerned about not being able to customize our characters anymore, though. Doesn't seem like there's any indication of that in all this pre-release material.

As the release date approaches for the Hoenn remakes, I'll be visiting this thread more frequently . . .

Meh Im just happy that once they release it I will have another shiny mega, got lazy on my breeding adn now trying to horde battle to find random shinies of megas I dont wanna breed for
I dunno I like the front design of mega metagross but its those extra legs in the back, like how goes from quad tank to an offensive UFO kinda thing, but those extra legs just make it too heavy, especially if floating and not having levitate ya know

I love the wings on mega salamence, I know I was thinknig about best normal to flying type move, Im like man double edge will be lethal, but trying to figure best option for my shiny salamence, if its going mega I want it to be shiny, plus with moxie if it can finish off somethingt hen itll get a boost before going mega,

I think mega slowbro is supposed to be more of a backhand to its nickname, the hermit crab pokemon, I actually would kinda like it iff it lied on the ground, the balancing act is kinda... lame
I mean it sorta finally looks like whats its supposed to be, sorta, i guess
like I said put it on the ground and I know people will respond better to it
argh
seriously slowbro was the key in my gamefreak doesn't label their 'mon well debate on tyrantitar is not a rex, even with this how is slowbro a hermit crab?

New champ? huh? no idea

I liked the secret bases but wished I couldve had more people in my game so I could battle more real people, at least get some experience with folks who may play dirty and cheap, vs in game which at a certain point cheats to win
but with all the extras I cannot wait for the return of secret bases, love the gym idea, just sounds like something weve all been waiting for

I hope we can still customize our trainers, I mean maybe they are not advertising it because this is a newer game and want to advertise whats new in it, vs the updates

I was thikning about this but do you think they will remake the remakes at a certain point? like fire burning red or somethign like that, cause I want gold and silver like this with all the new features, imagine somewhere as big as hoenen and johto but with chain fishing, hordes, shiny charms, etc so many options in one single game

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Argh they better include the friend safari zone
but with new pokemon

I'm just saying follow the pattern of X and Y
the games starters and an earlier generations starters

In my opinion lets just keep on track and do generations two starters
I mean are any of them available with their Hidden Abilities

like any of them?
Three words:
Sheer Force Feraligatr

Shadowy Informer

Zekil Blakhardt
katashi65

Hello fish. Don't see you on EE much anymore :C

Ah, but I see you . . . I don't talk on Peer much and I don't do PvP or anything. I just show up, do my daily dungeons, help anybody if they ask, and log out. Been working full time all summer, so I gotta play around that as well as take care of other stuff . . . and school starts in less than a week. If only there was a content patch DURING the summer; that woulda been great.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

Meh Im just happy that once they release it I will have another shiny mega, got lazy on my breeding adn now trying to horde battle to find random shinies of megas I dont wanna breed for
I dunno I like the front design of mega metagross but its those extra legs in the back, like how goes from quad tank to an offensive UFO kinda thing, but those extra legs just make it too heavy, especially if floating and not having levitate ya know

I love the wings on mega salamence, I know I was thinknig about best normal to flying type move, Im like man double edge will be lethal, but trying to figure best option for my shiny salamence, if its going mega I want it to be shiny, plus with moxie if it can finish off somethingt hen itll get a boost before going mega,

I think mega slowbro is supposed to be more of a backhand to its nickname, the hermit crab pokemon, I actually would kinda like it iff it lied on the ground, the balancing act is kinda... lame
I mean it sorta finally looks like whats its supposed to be, sorta, i guess
like I said put it on the ground and I know people will respond better to it
argh
seriously slowbro was the key in my gamefreak doesn't label their 'mon well debate on tyrantitar is not a rex, even with this how is slowbro a hermit crab?

New champ? huh? no idea

I liked the secret bases but wished I couldve had more people in my game so I could battle more real people, at least get some experience with folks who may play dirty and cheap, vs in game which at a certain point cheats to win
but with all the extras I cannot wait for the return of secret bases, love the gym idea, just sounds like something weve all been waiting for

I hope we can still customize our trainers, I mean maybe they are not advertising it because this is a newer game and want to advertise whats new in it, vs the updates

I was thikning about this but do you think they will remake the remakes at a certain point? like fire burning red or somethign like that, cause I want gold and silver like this with all the new features, imagine somewhere as big as hoenen and johto but with chain fishing, hordes, shiny charms, etc so many options in one single game

Things that I really want them to include are Hordes and trainer customization. Not only can you show off Secret Bases like this, but your entire character model's style! But more importantly, I want to be able to look at a cool character the entire game. Mmm, I would even be fine if it was unlockable later in the game, even.

Also, I am really hoping they give back the Vs. Seeker; as much as I liked the Match Call, I feel Vs. Seeker was better.

Yeah, the new Pokemon champ had a Pachirisu on his roster, and everybody was going crazy over it. Gotta say, he did well with the tools that he had, even though it was Garchomp and Gyarados doing the heavy lifting in the battles (doubles format). Still, in hindsight, Pachirisu has good synergy with Gyarados because one or the other baits Earthquake or Discharge while the other avoids damage from it altogether. As far as Garchomp went, it kinda looked like the runner-up panicked when faced with the classic Follow Me then Protect combo. Also, the Tyranitar lacked Earthquake, which really didn't help against Garchomp and Pachirisu on the field together when the only other options they had were Rock Slide and Ice Punch (which got redirected to Pachirisu). I'm still not crazy about the Pachirisu, though, just giving credit where credit is due.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
but with new pokemon

like any of them?
Three words:
Sheer Force Feraligatr

Sheer Force or not, Feraligatr is probably my favorite starter among the remaining Gen 2, 4, and 5 starters . . . so I definitely approve. Wonder what Mega Feraligatr will look like (because I have complete faith that GameFreak will deliver all Mega [Starters] to us). Most of the fan art I've seen for it seems to draw inspiration from Tyrantrum.

Shadowy Informer

Found some time to finally add in Horde encounter locations, a small table of contents, edit inconsistencies, tidy up, and phase out vestiges of my OCD.

Shadowy Informer

katashi65
Found some time to finally add in Horde encounter locations, a small table of contents, edit inconsistencies, tidy up, and phase out vestiges of my OCD.

Ugh, after all this time, I'm still wrestling with the character limit. I managed to cut down even more extraneous text and fit more info on EV spreads (though it's mostly still basic). Minor edits here and there otherwise, and fixing inconsistencies from constant editing.

Shadowy Informer

You know what I want to play? I want a new installation in Orre with Ardos having revived Cipher and continuing to make Shadow Pokemon. Imagine them with some of the new Pokemon, and even the ability to force a Pokemon into a corrupted version of Mega Evolution . . . that would be so nasty.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
katashi65

Things that I really want them to include are Hordes and trainer customization. Not only can you show off Secret Bases like this, but your entire character model's style! But more importantly, I want to be able to look at a cool character the entire game. Mmm, I would even be fine if it was unlockable later in the game, even.

Also, I am really hoping they give back the Vs. Seeker; as much as I liked the Match Call, I feel Vs. Seeker was better.

Yeah, the new Pokemon champ had a Pachirisu on his roster, and everybody was going crazy over it. Gotta say, he did well with the tools that he had, even though it was Garchomp and Gyarados doing the heavy lifting in the battles (doubles format). Still, in hindsight, Pachirisu has good synergy with Gyarados because one or the other baits Earthquake or Discharge while the other avoids damage from it altogether. As far as Garchomp went, it kinda looked like the runner-up panicked when faced with the classic Follow Me then Protect combo. Also, the Tyranitar lacked Earthquake, which really didn't help against Garchomp and Pachirisu on the field together when the only other options they had were Rock Slide and Ice Punch (which got redirected to Pachirisu). I'm still not crazy about the Pachirisu, though, just giving credit where credit is due.

That would be a simple addition but a fun one, heck I hope they bring back mystery gift, like you meet up in the secret base, battle and you get a random item or clothing item
I just hope if we can customize our characters we get recognizable clothes, Im just I'd wear a Team Rocket shirt

Oh the Vs seeker is still my favorite item, as long as it can affect anyone, I hated knowing only like one person on screen would want a rematch, I will settle one the battle chateau or whatever that random battle house, I like that you earn money and experience, but it should give you an option, on how many pokemon the opponents will have, maybe even a timed challenge, how many people can you beat or can you clear the house

Ahh I see, dang, seriously a Pachirisu, heck even as a standalone the lack of experince would give it an edge, I mean if I saw that and a gyrados I would personally ignore it for the lack of threat
but dang someone had their game on, kudos to this guy, he knew what he was doing

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
but with new pokemon

like any of them?
Three words:
Sheer Force Feraligatr

Sheer Force or not, Feraligatr is probably my favorite starter among the remaining Gen 2, 4, and 5 starters . . . so I definitely approve. Wonder what Mega Feraligatr will look like (because I have complete faith that GameFreak will deliver all Mega [Starters] to us). Most of the fan art I've seen for it seems to draw inspiration from Tyrantrum.

I hope so, it seems simple, but its not fair if some of the starters get mega forms and others dont, I mean I was wondering why only Blaziken got a new form from its generation

If Feraligatr gets a mega, I hope it goes more caveman-ish, or more savage ancient crocodile heck I'd love it if it got down on all four, giving it a speed boost, or something

if Infernape gets a mega, I hope they just do a cheap throwback to Dragon Ball, when it goes mega it gets saiyan hair

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65

That would be a simple addition but a fun one, heck I hope they bring back mystery gift, like you meet up in the secret base, battle and you get a random item or clothing item
I just hope if we can customize our characters we get recognizable clothes, Im just I'd wear a Team Rocket shirt

Oh the Vs seeker is still my favorite item, as long as it can affect anyone, I hated knowing only like one person on screen would want a rematch, I will settle one the battle chateau or whatever that random battle house, I like that you earn money and experience, but it should give you an option, on how many pokemon the opponents will have, maybe even a timed challenge, how many people can you beat or can you clear the house

Ahh I see, dang, seriously a Pachirisu, heck even as a standalone the lack of experince would give it an edge, I mean if I saw that and a gyrados I would personally ignore it for the lack of threat
but dang someone had their game on, kudos to this guy, he knew what he was doing

I really do hope they add a proper post-game sequence of events instead of just throwing Battle Tower/Frontier at our feet. Would be fun if we could catch 4th Generation Legendaries, like how in the Johto remakes, you could catch 3rd Generation Legendaries. Step for step.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff