Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should this thread be stickied?

Yes, I think this is helpful! 1 100.0% [ 1115 ]
Total Votes:[ 1115 ]

Shadowy Informer

Vituperous
katashi65
Vituperous
So... how do I know which stats I need to EV train?

Mind sharing what Pokemon exactly you intend to EV train? Even if you're already finished (I apologize for being busy all weekend), I'd like to know......
I plan on EV training Gallade.

Ooh, nice one! I'd say it's great for a Trick Room team, and its Speed is usually not worth investing in if you choose to do so (not saying its unredeemable if it's not a Trick Room team, but......). Attack is a definite 252 investment, and Sp. Defense or HP are the stats for a Gallade. That's my input, but it's not the only way to go.

Shadowy Informer

iEdward Erurikku
katashi65
iEdward Erurikku
katashi65
Edward Elricku
katashi65

Passing word along? Wonderful! But I've not been altering the guide lately since nobody (including me) has found any mistakes recently. Instead, I like to hold conversations with people who post here instead of constantly inserting bumps.

I know what you mean there lol and sure no problem but i mainly passed the word along to most of my friends who needed help i thought maybe this would help them as it helped me

Thank you very much for spreading it around!

no problem your welcome

So, I take it you like Fullmetal Alchemist?

Yeah i do, I watched all of the first and second season

[sigh] I've not seen much of it, but I hear the same artist is making a new manga recently.

Shadowy Informer

iamjustice
katashi65
iamjustice
katashi65
iamjustice

sounds like an interesting mix, i'd be interested in fighting it

If you ever fight me, you'll probably see the following Pokemon: Alakazam.

well you'd probably see espeon

Espeon could probably beat Alakazam in a one-on-one with the right attacks and item, but against other Pokemon, Alakazam is generally more dangerous.
haha yeah shes a great help in tough spots

Of course, Alakazam is my top Psychic Pokemon (or top Pokemon period) but one of my favorite combinations is the classic Espeon/Umbreon. Damage threat and a tank right there, BAM. They even look cute together...... they sure set you up decently in Pokemon Colosseum.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

I dunno A good title can snag me cause I mean well ya saw a couple of my pictures just cause they look awesome doesnt mean they got an interesting story ya know
but I dunno
I really respect people who can think of great titles
The best I have ever done was "Death's Apprentice"

in someways ya cant because history is what decides who is right and wrong in the end
and I mean had germany won who knows we couldve been sitting here saying how great the feuer is ya know
excatly though his methods probably werent the best he did help germany
war is great for bad economies ya know
haha I still love their u boats
unda boots or however ya pronouce the german language is quite delightful once ya begin to learn some ya know

mmhhmm some people are like that
I had a camper maybe six year old and if he got upset or didnt get what he wanted he'd start slapping his forehead
it was hard to stop him so I just held him and covered his head with my arm so he would hurt himself ya know

and then we had one camper just lose it and started slapping everyone who got near him
fortunately he only slapped a counselor and the lady in charge
and another one of my campers on the last day went a little nuts, and I have no idea why, and started banging his head on the table
took him to our little playground let him swing on the swing set and told him stories and he was good as new, mind you this guy was probably fifty sixty or something

ohh yeah the stingray shuffle the only book that takes place outside of florida
serge went to new york to see the new years party
met a lady from teh BBB ((Broads Books and Booze club, a book club for six single mothers who all share a secret, the all have the same baby daddy, if ya wanna know why and how read teh book its actually an interesting way))
anywho they hit it off and they are having sex as the ball drops and serge is just reciting facts about new york in tempo with his rthyme
dang can never spell those words

A title, eh? I'd like to read something named very simplistically, maybe Game Over, The Code, or something elegant, like Ocean's Melody.

I agree; the winner gets to decide what counts as history and what is right and wrong.

I've never dealt with something like that, but every time I look away from babies, they start smiling. It does not matter what they were doing before that, but they smile soon after I turn away.

Nice use of music terms to cover up sex.

I guess I mean if ya find me a book with a word or two I love then my attention immediately falls on it ya knwo
haha like the Zoot Suit Riots Book
love anything zoot suit related so I had ta read it
and it was fairly good ya know

its kinda sad when ya think about because I mean lets be honest america ruined the lives of some people in vietnam,
and though we didnt win, some people claim it was a sorta victory and we never admit we were teh bad guys in that war ya know

huh? thats odd
I am so nervous with babies, but as soon as they can walk and play, then I become the bestest cousin eva
I just get nervous wiht babies cause they are so little and I dunno what they
kids can kinda tell ya know

ahh if serge was here he'd tell ya bout the musical influences from florida, and then suggest sitting at a bar where a famous singer drank
I think they once refereced a hotel the beatles stayed in
but dunno if thats true ya know
he literally watched a movie, like over a hundred times, to figure out what room the movie was filmed in a hotel ya know

Zoot suits. I read a book about Malcom X, and the guy used to wear a bright orange zoot back in the days when it was funky fresh to Lindy Hop with a zoot and conked back hair.

Not only the Vietnamese, but our own soldiers took mental damage. Tie a bomb to a little kid and order that kid to walk into the American front lines. What do you do? Shoot a kid? Let the bomb come? Break formation and run for it?

I'm good as soon as they start to talk to me. I find the best thing to do is listen and hold a serious conversation about serious topics like cats, pillars, and caterpillars.

I have never done any real research into malcom X huh?
man I love how people thought some stuff was kewl back then
but its all good in a few years our childrend will make fun of us for what were wearing

I know it really brought out the animal in some people and really let tehm see what happens when ya train people and put them in the worst case scenario
argh that whole incident was just bad for everyone

haha I suppose, the problem is I know about half the cartoons they watch and I start hating on em
kinda wanna teach em to defend what they like now, so theyll stick by stuff later
my cousin likes adventure time, and I just hate on it till she starts telling me why its funny or something

Malcolm X had a really crazy life. Everything you can do in the slums, he did it. Then he looked back and did not regret much, but was determined not to repeat those mistakes.

*Shudders
That was the first televised war in America. It was also the war most people protested against in America.

Why is Adventure Time funny? Kinda creeps me out, but I like the music on the commercials.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

excatly I mean unless you know a tricking or switcheroo person the items worthless without having the move yourself
but I meant that having the ring target would be like asking for trouble ya know
but I bet nobody would guess ya got it so I cant think of any real strategy but still if ya wanna make the game a little harder ya know give your pokemon a ring target
Still I think this game has introduced really quickly some of my favorite items
I love the rocky helmet, and the eviolite is great when training a pokemon for evolving ya knwo

I like the Rocky Helmet on Ferroseed, and Eviolite makes Chansey and Cottonee arguably better than their evolved forms.

haha
I know I love that trick get a pokemon that hurts when ya touch it
add a helmet and make it worst ya know
maybe I should give my rocky helmet to my garchomp, that way I technically got a rough skin and sand veil one ya know

I knwo that eviolite is amazing, heck I gave it to a munna when I first started and nothin could hurt it

You know how Marshal's Sawk has Sturdy? I give Rocky Helmet to Garchomp and use Dragon Claw so that Sawk KO's itself from the spikes after it aims a Close Combat.

argh thats a great idea
I mean lets be honest the only guaranteed way for a pokemon to survive thsoe thigns is with a focus sash or sturdy
and the rocky helmet will at least let it do somethign back and get rid of em if they counter attack
I must try this
again its like best of both worlds for a garchomp

Of course, I could have given it a different item if it had the DW ability. Made me realize how pointless Sand Veil can be in-game since you're only worried about sweeping with little to no setup 95% of the time.

Shadowy Informer

Chibi Olwen
I never use a pokemon without good IVs, and I always always always EV train them. I also breed until I get the best possible nature for the moveset I plan on using to get the very best out of that pokemon. This thread gets a big thumbs up from me. I definitely gave a <3, more people need to know how this works! I'm tired of winning easily on the wi-fi battles in B&W!

Although I will admit I never start doing this until I beat the elite 4, I always just use my crappy team against them. ;3;

Although I wrote all that, I'm not TOO picky about IVs. I'm not allowed to play too often nor for long periods of time for most of the year, so I need to settle for less than perfect if I want to play the games before going to college, lol. Still, I prefer well-bred Pokemon, and EV train all of my competitive Pokemon.

Even when I play through the story normally, I decide my switch-ins in the game based on EVs. For example, when I know my opponent is going to send out Herdier, I'm going to send out my Scraggy or my Samurott to take it on (making my Pokemon somewhat EV trained with a 70% accuracy).

It's so easy to do that, and I'm completing the story at a time (though it makes some Gym battles a little challenging since type matchups may disagree with EV distribution), so it's certainly not grinding. I guess that makes me a casual player with a passion for learning? Or maybe a serious trainer who lacks time to do things properly? Everybody is different, so I try not to force anything on them. But it also makes me happy that people stop to read my guide.

Thanks for your support!

P.S. ~ I've not had the time to complete my competitive team (breeding for shiny Beldum right now), but I've heard that people disconnect on the verge of a loss. Is that a problem for you?

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

I meant if garchomp is using outrage most things cant survive it
but a steel switch in ruins that plan ya know

meh I mean its a clefable and I was just trying to catch it
was disappointed, full HP but burned and one ultra ball caught it

god I love that there are strategies that rely on your pokemon have a status problem and the ability to start the battle with it ya knwo

thats right sheer force
wanted to try it
but havent found a sheer force I really wanna try out
maybe nidoking

Maybe use Garchomp as a finale Pokemon? There are better leads, like Alakazam and Aerodactyl. Toss Tyranitar as a middle Pokemon, and Sandstorm is set up to give Garchomp a small edge.

Remember my Milotic > Flame Orb > Marvel Scale idea? Well, I still have not gotten around to it. Maybe that should be my bulky Water Pokemon......

Darmanitan is good since its Attack is crazy. Save it for when your opponent uses the inevitable Ferrothorn.

argh but a quick sword dance and garchomp just destroys
I mean I swear I KOed a trained once with an outrage

I need to really try out an alakazam I have never used one ya know
argh need a new tyranitar, but I want one with fire punch and I hate IV checking in generation V that battle subway has spoiled me

I think thats a great idea, I mean I doubt youll even notice milotic missing any attack power ya know

god those things scare me, if ya dont take em out, they make you regret it real fast
and since the average one has flare blitz
dios mio

That's pretty much the way I beat Palmer. Alakazam leads and gets an Energy Ball on Milotic (sorta hoping for the other two Pokemon, but Alakazam was my best lead for even GETTING to Palmer). Garchomp Outrages and scores Critical on Rhyperior after Dragonite got OHKO'ed by it. I'd have used Earthquake if Garchomp did not get locked into Outrage. Well, actually, it scores a Critical Outrage and Rhyperior survives, but does not KO Garchomp. Garchomp aims Earthquake, but is Confused from Outrage and pulls a lucky KO out of thin air without me even needing to resort to Tyranitar.

Platinum and Emerald have IV checkers that use the same phrases, so I've got no excuse for not making effort......

Alakazam takes down Darmanitan lickity-split, and so does Garchomp. Can Cofagrigus stand up to it? It could erase Sheer Force.

palmer is never been that hard once I figured out what to do
salamence, sceptile, and swampert and I can win with little effort and guessing
salamence takes care of dragonite and its outrage is stron enough where milotic will feel it
rhyperior just fails against either of the e others
usually swampert, cause I just like using it to either take out dragonite or just stall and damage milotic
and sceptile comes in for the win
heck technically my sceptile can supereffective all three of em
leaf blade, dragon pulse and rock slide

its just the fact that I gotta raise em to get a gauge instead of just battle subway and check and go

yeppers,
confagrigus can reduce its power, but it has to survive the intial sheer force attack ya know
so it will aid the team as long as the darmanitan doesnt swap out but argh thats kinda a big if ya know

I love Palmer's music. Did you ever get to the second battle with the guy? I get so discouraged when my streak is broken, I usually end up picking up a different generation Pokemon game and playing that for a while......

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon

ya know what I would do is PM that person that first posted
ask them to delete the first post and jsut edit your first post ya know
that way if ya need room for more info or just wanna add like success stories ya know

I know it means ya lose the first post, but I noticed you quoted teh person so its still there if ya dont wanna lose it that much ya know

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I understand

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm pretty sure that this one is worth about 3.

for this one its gotta be six
there are more sides ya know
I dunno
probably says like "never, always, sometimes" on the other side
arghness

O__o

I did not think of that. The image itself displays only 3 words on it, but being a six-sided figure, the image also implies that there are 3 additional yet hidden words.

Meh. How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know......

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
nopz22
Blind Red Dragon
nopz22
You posted "The Judge (in every Battle Frontier) can detect a general feel for the IV's of a Pokémon and gives you two indicators."

Where can i find him in White?

battle subway
hes the one dude standing right close to the entrance, I think hes a guy in blue

yup thats him, TY ^^

Remember, if you ever start a new game, you won't see the guy until AFTER you beat Ghetsis. That was a pain for me since I was achin' to check my Archeops (turned out to be Superior).

I did not know that
craziness

See, when I was asking around for info about the checker guy, I stumbled upon a forum topic about where to find the guy. The creator said that he searched all over and could not find him, so I picked up Black (I'd beaten Ghetsis in White) and searched the Battle Subway. Checker guy was missing. As soon as I finished the credits, I walked back down those long stairs and found the blue-haired guy standing around like he'd been there the entire time. I guess they want us to play casually through the game the first time around and start competitive battling later.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
I feel bad I didnt maean to take the first post of the one hundredth page

But that post was absolutely beautiful. Thanks for taking over while I was busy this weekend.

yeah but still its your thread
argh I wish there was a way to swap post ya know that way we could make one of yours the first one on the one hundredth page

If I could do that, I'd rather claim the second post without deleting it so I could expand the guide. Thanks for the concern, but I'm glad that if somebody else had to have page 100, it was YOU. I can settle for 200 (and I hope I get there).

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
Oil Change

Wow, the first weekend I take off from Gaia to get some work done, more people ask for advice than they have for a month combined. Thanks for covering!

its all good
I didnt want people to come here and think ya dont pay attention and hell I knew so like fudge it
if nothign else will keep the people here till ya show up ya knwo

You did a great job! I especially liked the way you included specific examples from your game. I'd have made up examples with simple numbers, but the way you did it felt much more legitimate.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
katashi65
Blind Red Dragon
I feel bad I didnt maean to take the first post of the one hundredth page

But that post was absolutely beautiful. Thanks for taking over while I was busy this weekend.

yeah but still its your thread
argh I wish there was a way to swap post ya know that way we could make one of yours the first one on the one hundredth page

If I could do that, I'd rather claim the second post without deleting it so I could expand the guide. Thanks for the concern, but I'm glad that if somebody else had to have page 100, it was YOU. I can settle for 200 (and I hope I get there).

meh I aint nothing special just a nerd playing a game with battleiing monsters

but yeah itll hit 200 before ya knwo oit

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
"You are not going to believe what happened

I caught a shiny kyroge

now before you say anything lemme tell you this
in less than five hours
this is the second shiny one I have seen

the first one was accidentally KOed by my gardevoir, with an unfortunately timed critical thunderbolt

now I wanted to catch it with ultra balls but I said screw it and just used my master ball,

forgot to mention I restarted my sapphire cause there is nothign left on there and figured an extra latias would be good shiny trade fodder for the summer

but god so excited, I think I officially have every kinda shiny,
and plus now I can say I KOed a wild legendary shiny, and caught one
just going nuts!?!?!!??!"

I dunno if ya noticed just wanted to see your reaction form this

Did I forget to respond?! Oh crap. Well, my reaction was, "This can't be real." Then, I remembered who I was reading from and thought, "Oh geez, this IS real!" I was eating fruit at the time, but I luckily did not drop any on myself. Pink Kyogre is not my favorite, but to encounter two of the same Shiny Pokemon without the Masuda method? The gods (or simply God if you are monotheistic) smile(s) upon you, my friend.

Still no shiny Beldum.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
Need Breakfast but dunno what to eat

We all need one of these.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadowy Informer

Blind Red Dragon
No sooner does katashi show up
he disappears again

That's exactly how I felt this week. As soon as I thought I was free, I'm hit by more work like a student getting more homework at the end of the year as soon as he thought he'd done everything he needed to do. Oh, wait a minute......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff