How many snakes do you own?

None :< 0.51011235955056 51.0% [ 227 ]
One! :3 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 65 ]
Two! :D 0.096629213483146 9.7% [ 43 ]
Three! :O 0.08314606741573 8.3% [ 37 ]
EVEN MOAR! >:D 0.16404494382022 16.4% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 445 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 138 139 140 > >> >>> »|

This should almost be titled ball python appreciation and information as the information and pictures cater to that species exclusively, or nearly exclusively from what I see. I would love to see a colubrid information and appreciation thread.

Newbie Noob

solitudeisblind
This should almost be titled ball python appreciation and information as the information and pictures cater to that species exclusively, or nearly exclusively from what I see. I would love to see a colubrid information and appreciation thread.

Yeah, if you take a look at the previous pages, I just recently converted it over from an exclusively ball python thread to a more generalized snake thread. Working on it. razz

Newbie Noob

Yay, I finished converting a post over.

Time for celebratory grocery shopping trip! rofl
Scarbi
420-EvryDay
I hope im not bothering anyone with my constant posting of pics but i have to show these corn snake photos their from local breeders : 3 : D

Nope, that's totally fine. The middle snake looks more like a bamboo rat snake than a corn though, or maybe a corn hybrid. :3

rofl haha i was all excited. thought i found a local rare corn snake >.<
love them just dont wannna feed them poor little mice or rats

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
~~

Snakes are such fascinating lil' critters. I mean, how the heck do they bend and curve like that? O_o XD

I don't own any myself, but maybe I will someday! ^^

~~
ssssssss cute

Newbie Noob

420-EvryDay
Scarbi
420-EvryDay
I hope im not bothering anyone with my constant posting of pics but i have to show these corn snake photos their from local breeders : 3 : D

Nope, that's totally fine. The middle snake looks more like a bamboo rat snake than a corn though, or maybe a corn hybrid. :3

rofl haha i was all excited. thought i found a local rare corn snake >.<

Well rat snakes are very similar to corn snakes. Another name for corn snakes is actually "red rat snake", but it's rarely used. I really love bamboo rat snakes. They are so gorgeous!

Newbie Noob

Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Snakes are such fascinating lil' critters. I mean, how the heck do they bend and curve like that? O_o XD

~~

Well the length of their bodies is all spine and they are pure muscle, so they are very bendy. :3 Most of my snakes can support the upper 2/3 of their body with the lower third. They are very fun pets to have!

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
Scarbi
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

~~

Well the length of their bodies is all spine and they are pure muscle, so they are very bendy. :3 Most of my snakes can support the upper 2/3 of their body with the lower third. They are very fun pets to have!

Really? Whoa. O_o
They definitely sound like it. ^^

Newbie Noob

Hah, another post complete. Soon you won't even be able to tell this was a ball python thread.
Scarbi
Hah, another post complete. Soon you won't even be able to tell this was a ball python thread.

Ha, except to those of us who tell your dirty little secret that it was a ball thread ;D

That is DEFINITELY what i'm doing then, the tub. I really like that. Here is what I use to control temperatures on my corn snake's tank, do you think that would suffice alright for use on the tote as well? I mean, I don't get to input what I don't want it to go over, it's just Low/Medium/High. I -really- want to make sure i'm not going to start a fire. That scares me like no other, the possibility. x.x;

But yeah, I never put him back in after biting. Usually when he bites it's when i'm taking him out, or trying to interact with him. Is it odd for me to have an irrational fear of him wanting to snap at my face? xD Actually too--he doesn't snap at just anything. He likes hands, and he likes hair brushes. He won't go at anything bigger than a hair brush. Why would this be? Previous owner said previous previous owner's children teased him with objects. Could that be it?

My goal is 15 minutes a day holding, or interacting out of the cage. But my question is--well with birds, if you don't mess with them a day because you're busy, you go backwards in everything just done. If I miss a day handling him, am I going to be headed backwards in what I do? I"m good so far. xD Just got home from work/was going to finish the last of my finals and then head upstairs after dinner (yay for husband cooking) and work with him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff