EVEN MOAR! >:D 0.16404494382022 16.4% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 445 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 138 139 140 > >> »|

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
I always really wanted a snake, I find them to be amazing creatures. But... sadly I don't have the time, money or space to properly take care of one. crying

Perhaps when I'm older I can have a variety of snakes in my house! :3

I know the pet store near me has a variety of snakes but, in all truth none of them look too happy. The tanks seem too small for them and they get fed frozen food that I don't think is suitable for them. They actually seem a little ill...

Dedicated Hoarder

Suicidal Dustbunny
I always really wanted a snake, I find them to be amazing creatures. But... sadly I don't have the time, money or space to properly take care of one. crying

I know the pet store near me has a variety of snakes but, in all truth none of them look too happy. The tanks seem too small for them and they get fed frozen food that I don't think is suitable for them. They actually seem a little ill...
That is so sad. sad I want to take them home. T.T I'm glad you're at least responsible enough to see that you are unable to care for one properly. Thank you. I feed my corn snake frozen and my ball live. If a snake will eat frozen it's just as good for them as live. smile Balls are just picky Bitches.

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mintiness Creamy Mess
Suicidal Dustbunny

That is so sad. sad I want to take them home. T.T I'm glad you're at least responsible enough to see that you are unable to care for one properly. Thank you. I feed my corn snake frozen and my ball live. If a snake will eat frozen it's just as good for them as live. smile Balls are just picky Bitches.

Haha, I've had to give up a pet rabbit before when I was little because I couldn't keep him any longer due to finances and just not having the time to look after it, and it was heartbreaking to do, even though it was a friend who took him and so I know he went to a good home.
So, I'd never want to have to go through that again... if I'm going to get a pet I'm going to be sure that I have all the things necessary to keep it. smile

Well, I know that frozen is perfectly fine for them but, the frozen mice don't look totally defrosted...

Every day at a certain time they allow people to come watch the feeding of the snakes (You have to stand back and keep very quiet) and you can see them being fed... once or twice when I've seen it one of the mice still had ice around it's legs. I'm sure you're supposed to have them room temp right?

Dedicated Hoarder

Suicidal Dustbunny
Mintiness Creamy Mess
Suicidal Dustbunny

Haha, I've had to give up a pet rabbit before when I was little because I couldn't keep him any longer due to finances and just not having the time to look after it, and it was heartbreaking to do, even though it was a friend who took him and so I know he went to a good home.
So, I'd never want to have to go through that again... if I'm going to get a pet I'm going to be sure that I have all the things necessary to keep it. smile

Well, I know that frozen is perfectly fine for them but, the frozen mice don't look totally defrosted...

Every day at a certain time they allow people to come watch the feeding of the snakes (You have to stand back and keep very quiet) and you can see them being fed... once or twice when I've seen it one of the mice still had ice around it's legs. I'm sure you're supposed to have them room temp right?
Oh yes, of course. That's not good. I don't think it'll kill them, but they'd be more likely to regurge.
So I just wanted to come back with an updated,
We never found Eve. =( She never took any mice we left out, either. We're moving by the end of the month too sad The only good thing is, a family member is moving in, so maybe if he finds her he won't freak out and he'd give her back >.>

And i'm re-homing Beemo. He has turned extremely aggressive, to the point where I just really don't want to deal with it. =/ He was doing so great, and it's like he did a total turn around and then some. He attacks me anytime I open his cage now. I got my face struck last night even @__@ Which made my decision to re-home because I often have my room mate's little brother stay over, and if he ever for some reason was off roaming the house (As kids seem to get into things...) and opened cages/etc; and got hurt, it'd be on me. =/

But, my brother is taking him who is a very experienced reptile keeper and seems to take in aggressive snakes and doesn't mind.

Garbage

@Morphine Kiss;; Wow, so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope everything is okay for Eve and it all works out and you're reunited, and that Beemo will get all the good care and stuff from your brother.

Also, question about my corn snake male - Sorin. He's gotten really active in the past two-three days. He ate this last Sunday, and I saw him defecate yesterday. Everything has seemed normal except his activity.

Edit: I think he was getting too warm and couldn't find a good place to settle down so I turned my rotating fan a bit so that it will blow along the front of tank just a bit. He seems quite content now.
    EditEdit: Well, that kind of worked. He basically napped for a good couple of hours and now perked up again.
    Hot snake is hot.
I just got great news today that my mom is giving me and my sisters some of the money from a settlement. I know there are many things I could do with the money but I do know what I want to do with a small part of it. I want to get a proper rack and look into getting some single morph ballpython females.

I have my heart set on at least starting out with a black pastel, spotnose, possibly a mojave female a total of 5 if I can manage it. Then once I get some weight on them getting a mystic male and one other... Thinking possibly a lemon blast (lemon blast spotnose is really neat) or a black pastel+another gene for the boys.

I can be such a nerd when it comes to ball pythons...

Garbage

Definitely get some nice females, and maybe a fancier male, with two genes, if you manage.

Also, I've heard the single male can do three females just fine and give you the best possible egg outcome.

Dedicated Hoarder

Lupe Garu
I just got great news today that my mom is giving me and my sisters some of the money from a settlement. I know there are many things I could do with the money but I do know what I want to do with a small part of it. I want to get a proper rack and look into getting some single morph ballpython females.

I have my heart set on at least starting out with a black pastel, spotnose, possibly a mojave female a total of 5 if I can manage it. Then once I get some weight on them getting a mystic male and one other... Thinking possibly a lemon blast (lemon blast spotnose is really neat) or a black pastel+another gene for the boys.

Lucky! Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.
I know o.o It's really crazy but I'm super excited even though I probably wont be able to get any of the morphs I want until spring (unless there is something good at the expo in October...)

I know I want to get a female black pastel. I'm thinking of getting a nice mojave female and eventually getting her a mystic boyfriend (mystic potions are to die for)

The only thing I'm hung up on is do I want to get 3-5 single gene females or possibly get 2-3 double gene females... Or a combination of single and double gene females xD There are so many possibilities and it's so hard to choose.

Newbie Noob

Morphine Kiss
So I just wanted to come back with an updated,
We never found Eve. =( She never took any mice we left out, either. We're moving by the end of the month too sad The only good thing is, a family member is moving in, so maybe if he finds her he won't freak out and he'd give her back >.>

And i'm re-homing Beemo. He has turned extremely aggressive, to the point where I just really don't want to deal with it. =/ He was doing so great, and it's like he did a total turn around and then some. He attacks me anytime I open his cage now. I got my face struck last night even @__@ Which made my decision to re-home because I often have my room mate's little brother stay over, and if he ever for some reason was off roaming the house (As kids seem to get into things...) and opened cages/etc; and got hurt, it'd be on me. =/

But, my brother is taking him who is a very experienced reptile keeper and seems to take in aggressive snakes and doesn't mind.

I had something similar happen with Max before I re-homed him. He actually struck at me for the first time ever. I had been keeping him in a rack instead of his usual cage though, so I think that made him a bit moody.

While I love colubrids, they're also quite a bit more nippy than ball pythons and boas.

Sorry you didn't find Eve, but don't lose hope. They can survive a long time without food or water if they have a warm place to sleep.

Newbie Noob

iKiin
    @Morphine Kiss;; Wow, so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope everything is okay for Eve and it all works out and you're reunited, and that Beemo will get all the good care and stuff from your brother.

Also, question about my corn snake male - Sorin. He's gotten really active in the past two-three days. He ate this last Sunday, and I saw him defecate yesterday. Everything has seemed normal except his activity.

Edit: I think he was getting too warm and couldn't find a good place to settle down so I turned my rotating fan a bit so that it will blow along the front of tank just a bit. He seems quite content now.
    EditEdit: Well, that kind of worked. He basically napped for a good couple of hours and now perked up again.
    Hot snake is hot.

Do you think it might be time to move him up a prey size? Snakes often roam when they are hungry.

Newbie Noob

Lupe Garu

I would strongly recommend investing in a multiple gene male. A male with even just two genes can be a powerhouse with single gene females.

I would recommend avoiding breeding black pastel to black pastel. Recently I've been seeing more and more threads about the deformities that can occur from that pairing (also happens with the cinnamon gene). But if you have your heart set on it, just be prepared as you may have to euthanize any hatchlings that are too badly deformed.

Lemonblast sounds like a good choice. Pinstripe and pastel never go out of style. :3

Garbage

Scarbi
Do you think it might be time to move him up a prey size? Snakes often roam when they are hungry.
    Yeah, I'm finally able to eye his food size better so he's getting a hardier meal. I took him into the pet store I got him from not a couple days ago, to show how's been doing and all that. Their main reptile guy seemed to be super happy to see him again and know he's been doing so well. He said that this snake used to skip meals pretty often.

Newbie Noob

iKiin
Scarbi
    Yeah, I'm finally able to eye his food size better so he's getting a hardier meal. I took him into the pet store I got him from not a couple days ago, to show how's been doing and all that. Their main reptile guy seemed to be super happy to see him again and know he's been doing so well. He said that this snake used to skip meals pretty often.

Nifty! c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces