Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

I just wanted to show everyone pictures of my baby. He actually belongs to my mom but has for some reason bonded to me instead, even though I only see him every two months and she spends every day with him. He gets SUPER excited when they start talking about me near him so he always knows when I'm coming to visit, haha! His name is Ganja and he's about ten months old, I think.

(I know him sticking his head out of the cage is crazy, but it's just a temporary cage, the original one broke when they were cleaning it so we took the middle out of our old feretnation cage -after cleaning of course- until we find a bird cage big enough for the two conures with small enough spaces between the bars, so don't worry, this set up isn't permanent and we keep a close eye on them! Luckily he hasn't gotten anywhere even near stuck yet so we're hoping it holds up until we find a new cage.)

User Image

He is absolutely the sweetest thing. He used to get really excited and bite really hard (he didn't mean to, they were love-bites that were just a little rough) but he's been getting really gentle and loves to give me kisses all over my cheeks and preen my eyebrows. He loves when I give him kisses too although they involve smooching his entire beak since he's pretty little, haha -I could seriously slobber all over this little guy and he'd be happier than a pig in s**t (but I don't because that's gross). He doesn't really like to be pet by even my mom but will let me rub his belly and in his wee wing-pits and stuff.

He's always giving me things, like fruit and stuff although one time he tried to give me a shitty noodle, but I wouldn't take it so he ate it. One of the last times I saw him he plucked a feather out of his mate's chest and gave it to me.

He's completely infatuated with me to the point where if it weren't for his bonded mate being so bonded to my mom that she would just give him to me. We've pretty much established that while my mom owns him, he's my bird, haha.

I just love this little guy so much. I miss him whenever I'm not there :c

User Image

Green Smoker

Awww, how adorable! I used to have a nanday conure myself when I was growing up. His name was Rocky & his favorite things to do were giving kisses & screaming his feathered little head off lol. He was a noisy fellow but affectionate. cool

Partying Cultist

Oh wow! Yeah, the bar spacing there is just a littleeee too wide! XD It's a good thing he doesn't get stuck!
He's a cutie though! Love that last pic of him. Head sticking out and all twisted around. It's great! Maybe he was just wondering what you look like upside down lol. : P

Birds can be so funny emotionally like that. You can love and care for them their whole lives, and they just tolerate you. Then some random person visits and they're in love lol! It's a shame you couldn't take him with you. At least you still get some play time!
Awww birdie! He's a cutie.
We have a green cheek (pineapple? or something?) that we kind of decided was a boy, until one day about a year and a half after we got him, when "he" laid an egg. lol oops.
Kiwi:
User Image
Kiwi and Mosby (the dog):
User Image

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
omg so jealous! my husband i want conures, but i can barely feed my fish addiction right now. so we cant get one for a few years.
Adorable!
Green Cheeks are one of my favorite birds, even next to macaws and cockatoos.
I used to breed them before moving accross the country. They have so much personality.

@Vacuum Your GCC is a Cinnamon. smile
There are dozens of mutations of these guys, now. They're amazing.
Glad to see a thread about parrots once in a while!
ParrotTamer
Adorable!
I used to breed them before moving accross the country. They have so much personality.

I've looked up both pineapple and cinnamon and I can't tell the difference between the two colors!
She'll tell you she's "Kwi good bird pretty birdy Mosby sit Kiwi Kiwi Kiwi" so maybe I'll just go with that.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
if i ever get a bird its going to be a conure. they are such little goofs

and i think the fact that he prefers you over his mate says quite a bit about how well taken care of he is
Vacuum Tubes
ParrotTamer
Adorable!

I've looked up both pineapple and cinnamon and I can't tell the difference between the two colors!
She'll tell you she's "Kwi good bird pretty birdy Mosby sit Kiwi Kiwi Kiwi" so maybe I'll just go with that.

Pineapples have a much higher yellow/red content than cinnamons do. Cinnamon is a dilution, while pineapple is more mutation in the gene. smile

Conures are amazing, overly-affectionate birds. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with my GCC sleeping against my neck.

I'd love more friendly conures. But for now, my heart and soul is Romeo the Severe Macaw. He's kind of a douche, but he's MY douche... LOL
I gotta say though, he isn't as loud as a Sun Conure...

Also, I would NEVER own a Nanday Conure... They have the most shrill call out of any bird, I swear.. Just thought I'd throw that in for anyone not knowing what type of conure they want.. haha
If anyone ever needs help finding a baby, I can help... LOL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces