Welcome to Gaia! ::

HerronKM95
Xxcome_as_you_arexX
What happened to my favorite one?

Didn't I tell you? She is my sister's so when Sarah came up here, she took Elvira back with her.

You didn't tell me she took her back! AWEEEEEEEEE
Xxcome_as_you_arexX
HerronKM95
Xxcome_as_you_arexX

Didn't I tell you? She is my sister's so when Sarah came up here, she took Elvira back with her.

haha, she's in good hands though. The cats get along with her too, so there's no danger there.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
HerronKM95
Moth Feathers
HerronKM95
Moth Feathers
HerronKM95
Moth Feathers
Wow, impressive! Macaws are amazing. Such big birds!

How long have you had him? Where did you get him from? How many toys does he go through a week (lol, I'm sure it's a lot!).
I also really like the playgym you have for him. Did you make it yourself?

Also, he looks as if he's flighted from that picture. Am I right? If so, good! It's always unfortunate to see such majestic birds wing mutilated.

They are big, the thing is, he's the runt of his flock. :D

I've had him for three years, he is still a baby <3
I bought him from a bird store in Killeen, Texas
He's well trained! He doesn't bite unless you threaten him :3

We bought the tree perches for him, we don't believe in keeping him in a cage, he's much too big and energetic for that!
And you're correct, his wings are not clipped! However he doesn't know he can fly yet.

Congrats on keeping a flighted bird! It's sad he doesn't realize he can fly yet, but keeping him cageless should help quite a bit to overcome that.

And yeah, macaws are just...everything needs to be big for them, heh. Even macaw-sized cages are pretty small for birds with four-foot wingspans.

Do you have any other birds, since you mentioned a flock?

Indeed, he has whole room to himself and our other birds, which you are also correct. We have several parrots, almost all rescued.

We have Huey, the Macaw,
Dewy, a Sun Conure,
Spike, an Indian Ringneck (Female),
Sonny, an African Ringneck (Male),
Little One, a Parrolet,
Bonnie and Clyde, a bonded Senegal couple,
Mr. Finch, a Finch.

Ah, I'm a big stickler for finches. I have six of my own (Zebras). What kind of finch do you have? Hopefully it's something like a Green Singer that doesn't need to be kept in multiples.

Wow! You're right, again. He is a Green Zinger xD

Heh, thought so. I tend to be a little bit of a know-it-all when it comes to finches, since they're my very favorite birds in aviculture.
Any pictures of the little guy?
HerronKM95
Xxcome_as_you_arexX
HerronKM95
Xxcome_as_you_arexX

haha, she's in good hands though. The cats get along with her too, so there's no danger there.

Haha, good
Moth Feathers
HerronKM95
Moth Feathers
HerronKM95
Moth Feathers

Congrats on keeping a flighted bird! It's sad he doesn't realize he can fly yet, but keeping him cageless should help quite a bit to overcome that.

And yeah, macaws are just...everything needs to be big for them, heh. Even macaw-sized cages are pretty small for birds with four-foot wingspans.

Do you have any other birds, since you mentioned a flock?

Indeed, he has whole room to himself and our other birds, which you are also correct. We have several parrots, almost all rescued.

We have Huey, the Macaw,
Dewy, a Sun Conure,
Spike, an Indian Ringneck (Female),
Sonny, an African Ringneck (Male),
Little One, a Parrolet,
Bonnie and Clyde, a bonded Senegal couple,
Mr. Finch, a Finch.

Ah, I'm a big stickler for finches. I have six of my own (Zebras). What kind of finch do you have? Hopefully it's something like a Green Singer that doesn't need to be kept in multiples.

Wow! You're right, again. He is a Green Zinger xD

Heh, thought so. I tend to be a little bit of a know-it-all when it comes to finches, since they're my very favorite birds in aviculture.
Any pictures of the little guy?

Hm, not as of now, but I can get some tomorrow morning when they are awake!

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
have to ask it.... where is Lewy (luey....how every you spell it) you have the other two XD
Mistress of Rain
have to ask it.... where is Lewy (luey....how every you spell it) you have the other two XD

We used to have a Louie, he was a Senegal, the first parrot we got, he died a couple years ago from old age.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
HerronKM95
Mistress of Rain

We used to have a Louie, he was a Senegal, the first parrot we got, he died a couple years ago from old age.

ah okay.

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

a whole bird room? that's awesome. surprised
Radpops
a whole bird room? that's awesome. surprised

Heehee yes! They're all free to fly around. Luckily they all mind their own business and don't fight each other.

I don't want to be creepy, but you look like a girl who used to attend my school, she graduated last year however...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff