Welcome to Gaia! ::

Found a sparrow with a wing that doesn't seem to be working. I found the poor thing underneath my car, and I brought it inside because I'm a real softie. I currently have it in a cage with lots of towels that it's hiding in, but was wondering what else I can do for this bird?

Or is this one of those situations where you have to put the wild animal back outside and let nature do what it does best?

Friendly Friend

10,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
spicefairy
Found a sparrow with a wing that doesn't seem to be working. I found the poor thing underneath my car, and I brought it inside because I'm a real softie. I currently have it in a cage with lots of towels that it's hiding in, but was wondering what else I can do for this bird?

Or is this one of those situations where you have to put the wild animal back outside and let nature do what it does best?

Feed it some seeds or worms or whatever, bro xD

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
find your local bird rescue (can probably call your vet or the local humane shelter to help you find who you need. Take the bird there. that is it's best chance.
Awwwwww. I have no idea. Feed it with seeds or worms and make a mini splint?? You could ask a vet?
From what I know of your area the only bird friendly vet only puts them down if they're in a bad way yeah?
I guess that's pretty much what'll be done, you can take birdie there and have he/she put to sleep humanely.
Your more descriptive PM makes me think it won't even last the night at the state it's in. heart

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Explain- is it just one wing that doesn't seem to be working, or both? Have you ruled out the possibility of the bird being a fledgling? If the bird is a fledgling, it's normal for them not to be able to fly and it would be best to return it back outside near where you found it.

The best place is a wildlife rehabber, like what Mistress said. Veterinarians can't do much for you at all, because they aren't licensed to deal with wild animals (it's just as illegal for them to handle native birds as it is for common people) and even so, most of them aren't even avian vets and don't know a lot about birds in the first place.
I say you should end it's misery..its the only soulution if nobody helps you
awwhhh!! sad idk wat you should do...i suggest the vet or you take care of it yourself...?
Get it some food for the time being and then take it to the vet. If you can't take it to the vet, I can't help you past there. Sorry.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
your local game warden will know what to do. he'll take it to someone who knows how to treat it properly. the thing about wild birds is that they have lice and don't do well in captivity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff