Welcome to Gaia! ::

I see lots of dogs and cat posts, but not a whole lot of "small" pet posts.
So do any of you guys have a small pet, like a hamster, gerbils, rats, mice, birds, degu, chinchilla, rabbit, ferret, sugar glider, etc?

Which ones are your favorite and why? Pictures? :3

My hamster just passed away randomly the other day, his name was Stitch. I have two gerbils still currently, named Anna and Midna.

They stay under bedding almost all of the time so I don't have any really good pictures.

**update with added pictures**

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These are all my most recent babies, the dwarf at the top was named Buttons and the Syrian was named Stitch, he only lived for 4 months. sad
The two gerbils at the bottom I still have, the black ones name is Midna and the agouti one is named Anna.
I'm not going to count any I had as a child because there are too many, but I've had sooo many the past few years on account that pet stores sold me two "female" gerbils (who are both now gone) and I ended up with gerbil babies. (I loved them)
Hoping to get another hamster within the next few weeks, they are hard to get in my area (no pet stores)

I've also had a rabbit in the past few years named Gizmo, and rats. The rats were awesome in so many ways, but I ended up in such a bad situation that I will be turned off of them for a while.
We got one rat from a friend, found out they don't do good alone so went and got another girl from the pet store.Girl was pregnant and had 18 babies, so we had 20 rats at once. Had to buy another cage to separate boys and girls after 5 weeks of age. The smell was ick. No one in my area at all for weeks and weeks wanted any rats, so we ended up having to give the majority of them away to a pet store. And this all happened at the same time that my mis-sexed gerbils were having babies, too. So it was just an unpleasant experience, however when I move I plan to give rats another try, hopefully dumbo ones this time.

Aged Bunny

What kind of hamsters? I used to have a lot of hammies cuties. I'm now a bunny person.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
my absolute favorite small animals are rats. they are perfect in every way besides their short little lives.

but since im allergic i have ferrets, which are also great and i lots them a ton

here is my boy enjoying a chicken foot. chicken is his favorite food ever. it used to be beef but then i got a huge thing of steak and other cuts so he has been eating a lot of that recently and now he doesnt like it as much
User Image

and my girl looking adorable.
User Image
As of the moment, I don't have any small pets but I'm looking to change that soon with a pair of rats.

I used to have a rabbit and owned hamsters, gerbils, and mice in the past. Gerbils are my favorite out of those listed. Had a pair live for five years. It was hard when I woke up one morning to find they had passed. A lot harder than I expected.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i used to have hammies, but they got out of control ( i had 20 at one point) and we needed to downsize so we gave them all to a local place we knew would give them good homes. other than them i only have one parakeet now named ava,. i think she might be black widow...her past two mates have died under mysterious circumstances. she is ok. she seems a little lonely, but we want to have her bond with us now.
I currently have a chinchilla and bearded dragon. I have previously owned hamsters, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice and a cockatiel.

9,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
the only small animal I have is my part chiahuahua and part Pomeranian puppy

Salaim's Queen

Anxious Demigod

16,875 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I have a chinchilla named Gary, and hopefully will be getting another next month. >w<
I spoil the poop out of him, and I'm excited for another.

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
I have a hamster c:
I'll have to upload pics later, but shes a teddy bear golden brown hammy, named Catnip.
I used to have at different times, never at the same time lol,
About 5 different mice (3 together though)Spoink, Hamtaro, and the 3 that weren't named as they didn't survive long
3 dwarf hamsters, Shippo, Kanna, And Mr. A
And I had 2 rats that were my absolute babies heart Malevolence and Dementia
Birds have scared me too much to own any, though and I always own cats so other rodents were out of the question

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I used to LOVE my guinea pigs. If I had a place to have them I'd do it again. I had 3 guinea pigs when I was a kid and they died of old age. When I was in my early 20s I had 4 guinea pigs but had to move fast and give them to a woman with kids, but I'm sure they enjoyed each other.

Dainty Doll

I've had all kinds of small pets (hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs etc.) but I currently have a house rabbit and a Giant African Land Snail.

Sir Basil:

Rosalinda Blossom-Nibbles:

team yell's Bae

Anxious Bunny

RATS
        gosh i love rats so much they are my heart
        right now i have 6 girlies that i adore

but besides rats i've had hamsters and mice and a bunny
        never had a guinea pig because i'm scared of them (stupid irrational fear because of a bad experience when i was 7)
        i love hamsters and may go back into owning them once i have a more stable living condition
        also bunnies i may own again. idk
        but yeah rats are my absolute favorite and i'm so sad they have such a bad "reputation" when really it's just bad portrayals in movies and stuff that give people this terrible stigma about them

oh also i'll be raising butterflies come this summer. emotion_yatta they're fun to watch grow up and then set them free.

Tute Sweet

oh.... my gosh...... your land snail. *heart eyes* i'm in love!! i've wanted to own one for so long! ;A;

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
I have a pair of white ringneck doves named Ebi (Ebenezer Scrooge) and Nicki (Saint Nicholas).

I love hearing them "laugh" and coo throughout the day.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Blessed Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sorry for your loss.

I previously had hamsters, rabbit, guinea pig, and bearded dragon in the past.

I currently have a tortoise about the size of my hand right now but Ive seen the older versions of them that are huge.

Last year, I had worked for a berry company grading berries of all sorts. The end of my season one of the drivers from the ranch brought in a tarantula in one of his loads to show us that this and other critters roam around the ranch. I end up taking it home that day and have a set up for it and its been thriving ever since.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
I have mini chickens

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers