Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

6,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
I have two dwarf Rats named Raven and Terra smile I don't have a picture of them on the computer yet. But I built this huge maze for them! They love to play it in and cheat by climbing on the outside hahaha smile

User Image
Tute Sweet
I've had all kinds of small pets (hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs etc.) but I currently have a house rabbit and a Giant African Land Snail.

Sir Basil:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rosalinda Blossom-Nibbles:

Oh my gosh, where did you get your Giant African Land Snail?!
I love all of the pictures guys. <333
Reptilena
I have two dwarf Rats named Raven and Terra smile I don't have a picture of them on the computer yet. But I built this huge maze for them! They love to play it in and cheat by climbing on the outside hahaha smile

User Image

That is pretty awesome! I have never heard of or seen a dwarf rat though, are they much smaller or different than regular pet rats? They are lucky to have you build them such an awesome maze! The home that I use for hamsters I built out of a very large clear plastic container because all store bought hamster cages are too small. :/

Dainty Doll

SHD

I live near a butterfly farm and educational attraction that sells them. It's kind of like an enormous greenhouse full of exotic plants and bugs and stuff. 3nodding
Tute Sweet
SHD

I live near a butterfly farm and educational attraction that sells them. It's kind of like an enormous greenhouse full of exotic plants and bugs and stuff. 3nodding

Awww, I so want one!
I'm sorry to hear about Stitch. :/
The rest of your little family is so cute,though! :3

I had two guinea pigs in middle school, they were pretty cool but looking back I don't think I gave them the attention they deserved.. being younger and all, my mom helped me a lot too.

Right now I have two ratties.<3 They're my first pair of rats, and after being lucky to have them, I will probably always have rats in my life. They're absolutely adorable and amazing. x)

I'd also love to get a ferret! I always wanted one growing up, and my friend has two at her house, and they're so fun. o3o
The Spiritual Mew
I'm sorry to hear about Stitch. :/
The rest of your little family is so cute,though! :3

I had two guinea pigs in middle school, they were pretty cool but looking back I don't think I gave them the attention they deserved.. being younger and all, my mom helped me a lot too.

Right now I have two ratties.<3 They're my first pair of rats, and after being lucky to have them, I will probably always have rats in my life. They're absolutely adorable and amazing. x)

I'd also love to get a ferret! I always wanted one growing up, and my friend has two at her house, and they're so fun. o3o

Thanks and thanks. <3
I think most of us didn't know how to properly care for them when we were younger. I used to keep my hamsters in 10 gallon tanks and tiny hamster cages. Now I keep them in a huge home-made cage.

I do really like rats, but I haaate cleaning out their huge cages haha. I find it so much easier to clean tank-like cages so I always end up with pets that can live in those. I know they are probably worth the hassle for you, though. :3

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I've have 2 different hamsters.

One was a Syrian, a kind of orange and white and black, named Sal, and he was so so sweet and liked to be held and slept in my hands and nibbled carrots out of my hands. He was so cool. He lived a long time, too, like almost 4 years, it was unreal.

Then I had this little hamster named Gal, he was labeled at the pet store as a "teddy bear" but he was the long haired type. And he was white with pink eyes and very pretty. But he was also mean as s**t. He never let me touch him or hold him and when I went to clean his cage or do anything he went into that "attack position" where they lay on their back with their feet up and teeth out. He only lived about six months.

I always wanted to move on to rats, but I wanted to have two, so they'd be happy, but then I'd need a huge cage, and I've never really had anywhere to keep a huge cage. But I've always loved rats. They're so sweet and smart.

Wealthy Hoarder

I have a Pure white dwarf rabbit named Tundra.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I own a Russian Dwarf Hamster named "Hamu"
He's 3 years old and super active. I never owned a rodent and I have to say, i love it! At first he bit me, but since getting acquainted and learning that people hands = food, he licks my fingers and greets me when i get home from work heart

Mewling Streaker

I have a bird !! Budgie named Beau. Not sure of its gender yet. think it could be female though. User Image

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200

I have rats, lots of rats lol
These are my main/future breeders, I have too many rats to post picture of all of them :P
Eris:

Science:

Coco:

Warlock:

Xur:

Allen:

Hunter:

Ikora:

New guy who has yet to be named:

Mocha:

Cayde:

~ Fly over me Evil Angel ~

Friendly Cultist

I've had rabbits (Thumper being the one I remember), Rats (Skittles, Twix, Gummy Bear, Black Liquorice, Toffee.), Hamsters (Nomad and Jewels).

I've cared for a bunch of other small animals too. I'm hoping to have a hedgehog in the future soon... maybe some mice or a Guinea pig or two. Who knows. I do have another rabbit planned for the future.

Currently I have two hamsters (going to be 3 in July since I'm taking in a female syrian from a friend of mine.)

I've got Rasputin the Russian Dwarf hamster (Winter White hybrid most likely but sold as a WW).
User Image
And I've got Lenin the Silk Syrian.
User Image

Raspy is a little spunky dude. He bites me when I hold him (or nips until I'll put him down), he's survived the dogs breaking into his cage and pulling him out. He's a tough little guy - currently a little over a year. Lenin is a slightly friendlier hamster. I haven't socialized him as much as I should but I try to sit with him for 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a week and to pet him at least once a day.

Raspy is probably my favourite out of the two despite his attitude LOL. He was the first hamster I've had in a LONG time.

If reptiles count as small pets as well I currently also have:
6 Adult leopard geckos (Zhen, Dharma, Blanco, Sparks, Ms.A and Phantom.) (I breed leopard geckos)
3 Gargoyle geckos (Meliae, Kronos and Eos.)
1 Bearded dragon (Bentley)
1 Crested gecko (Gaia)
1 Corn Snake (Atlas)

I've recently downsized though and I'm missing my little buds. I used to have 5 ball pythons but where I'm moving doesn't allow for any Python or Boa species - so they couldn't stay since I have no other options. I also had 2 tarantulas and 2 scorpions but I couldn't keep them either (same reason). I had 4 more adult leopard geckos but they weren't needed anymore. But yeah. The number I have now is good. Other then the hamster coming in July I have no plans for small mammalian pets until the hamsters pass.

None of my reptiles are very old yet. Zhen turns 5 this year... so he could have another 25 in him lol. He's the oldest by a year. With Eos and Kronos being the youngest born last year in late summer.

But yeah... I love small pets. They are an awesome option for those with little space.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I love my small pets. 5 snakes, 4 birds, 3 geckos, 1 scorpion, 1 amblypygid, and an army of spiders, tarantulas and otherwise. rofl (And of course more feeder insects than any sane person needs.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff