Gold Generators?

Yes, lots! 0.059670781893004 6.0% [ 58 ]
In moderation. 0.094650205761317 9.5% [ 92 ]
Don't really care. 0.053497942386831 5.3% [ 52 ]
Not a fan. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 162 ]
KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL! 0.62551440329218 62.6% [ 608 ]
Total Votes:[ 972 ]

I will also sign.

I joined this site back in 2009 and holy crap, when I came back like a week ago I couldn't believe the inflation that has torn this place apart.

Get yo' site together admins.

Angelic Star

sign me up, this has got to stop!

Demonic Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'll sign.
I miss being able to actually quest and afford items.

Desirable Sex Symbol

22,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I sign up!!!

NeoRomantic's Princess

Wealthy Loiterer

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Trader 100

Beloved Sex Symbol

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
BLOODY BRILLIANT PETITION.

I SIGN!!!

Quotable Conversationalist

Sign me up.

I've been here since 2006 (I wasn't old enough yet before that, but I avidly watched my older sisters play the website for probably a year or so before that). I remember the first "Big" item I got was the Angelbow. It came out right around the time my account was created, (although this is my second account. The original is lost in oblivion) and I was so excited to have an item on my avatar worth (probably) somewhere between 10 and 25K. This item is now worth 10 billion gold.

If the Angelbow was valued at, say, 1 million, I might be okay with it. After all, it's a nice item, its an older item, and therefore somewhat rarer, as many of them would've been lost in accounts that were forgotten or abandoned. But 10 billion?!?!? That's crazy.

Before I went on my hiatus in 2011, I sold everything on my account. I didn't want to risk decreased value (particularly on 2nd and 3rd gens) and I'd rather return to a fresh slate, from which I could buy as I pleased. Not the best investment, but in the 5 years I maintained the account, I'd earned myself a hefty 3.5 billion. It was definitely not organic--earning more than a billion BEFORE inflation was darn near impossible sad I slapped down my allowance and my menial babysitting earnings to buy cash and monthly collectibles.

And then I left for a few years, because sometimes is just too hectic to spend time on the internet. I came back a few weeks ago and was horrified at what I saw. My money was suddenly worthless here...

Fuzzy Friend

9,575 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Fashionable Marshmallow

17,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500

*signs*

The prices are just preposterous! And the constant announcements are annoying. emotion_donotwant
I'm already at my wits end from trying to save up enough gold for items.

I'll sign!

I've been a member for over 7 years (since around 2006-2007), and about 2 years I took a hiatus because I graduated from high school. I got a job, started college, got another job, and ran out of time for gaia. Imagine the shock and horror I felt when I logged back in to find that the comfortable 60k I had worked so hard for was worthless! The marketplace is completely ludicrous, with items going for billions. BILLIONS! That's just ridiculous. I'll admit, I actually got excited when I saw the 'Alchemy' section, but upon further inspection I realized that it's just the embodiment of gaia nowadays: mismanaged, unregulated, and ridiculously overpriced. zOMG is just gone (what happened to it??) and don't get me started on GC! Just about everything I had come to love about this site is gone.

When I get on this site nowadays, I don't enjoy myself. Between the constant announcements and this inflation, there's really nothing but frustration waiting for me when I log in. Gaia has so much sentimental value for me, but if things don't start changing soon, I'll be forced to say goodbye for good. ):

Shy Conversationalist

10,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I absolutely sign.

I used to love Gaia, and while I have been on hiatus more recently, I keep coming back. I used to love buying the MC's every month and eagerly awaiting the 15th where they would reveal what they were. The items seemed a lot more precious because there weren't so damn many constantly being pumped out. Now I can hardly seem to keep track of all of the new items and I also have been quite disappointed with the MC's. After all, why spend time on something that will only net $2.50 as opposed to 10, 15, 20+ dollars.

Point is, I am not happy with the direction Gaia is going. It's all about cash now and it has broken the economy so you can't really quest or just enjoy the items without spending real money (and large amounts of it, too). Even the events are turning into a Gaia cash scam, and that is really disappointing.

Fluffy Gaian

I definitely sign!

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Wewere justkidsinlove. . .

Thread updated.
Now over 2400 signatures!

. . . thesummerwasfullofmistakeswewouldn'tlearn from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff