Welcome to Gaia! ::

What kind of charaters do you like to play?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on October 24, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

I have never felt accepted being me, but then I went into acting, and i found myself, or rather, I found another self. I don't act myself around people I don't know, in fact even those I do know, I don't act myself around them. Around most people I am a happy peppy person who seems to have no care in the world, but in truth I am very alone. Am I the only one who does this?
I really don't know why I do it, I just do, it's just a reflex. I get into an uncomfortable situation and i just start acting. Everyone buys it, and they all think it's me.
miakasan
I really don't know why I do it, I just do, it's just a reflex. I get into an uncomfortable situation and i just start acting. Everyone buys it, and they all think it's me.

I used to do that, too. I don't really have much advice but to relax.

I was much happier after I got more laid back about things. Didn't allow myself to stress and all that.
The Lisa Faerie
miakasan

I was much happier after I got more laid back about things. Didn't allow myself to stress and all that.

If I could do that I would, but I really can't. I've never had real friends, no matter where I go. I just end up meeting with people who want to force you into their molds, and hold you to them
I spent a great deal of time pretending to be confident. There's a really nauseating song about that, but it does work, and you do manage to be confident mostly, if you fake it.
I don't act to get away from myself. I act because I love to. I've found new things about me, and I hope that I'll always be able to do that.
I know how it feels to be alone, though. I often feel like I'm on the outside looking in, even during acting class or rehearsals. It's easier to make friends if you pretend that you don't have to work at reaching out, but it does take time. If you can find a way to not care what others think about you, and not make yourself into something you don't like, that's a start. I'm still trying, and it's getting easier, it's getting better. I'm happier now than I've ever been.
Here's a question, not totally off-topic, do you read a lot?
miakasan
The Lisa Faerie
miakasan

If I could do that I would, but I really can't. I've never had real friends, no matter where I go. I just end up meeting with people who want to force you into their molds, and hold you to them

I totaly know how you feel! I have been to 13 different schools and I never had anyfriends until I went to the one I am curently going to where they have a mager drama program and all I ever do is act so I became totaly popular but people are always asking me how I am and why do I always portray a different character everyday? So I give them a answer that that character would say.
I act because I love to act. Sometimes though, when I'm really stressed out, acting becomes an escape. Playing the Queen of heart 's in Alice In Wonderland is terrific, because she's so exagerated it's easy to kiss yourself good-bye for an hour or two.

Mostly, though, acting is just plain old fun. As for people who grab you and hug you to them, even if you dislike them, I hear you. I am going through the same problem right now. You just gotta let 'em go.
miakasan
I have never felt accepted being me, but then I went into acting, and i found myself, or rather, I found another self. I don't act myself around people I don't know, in fact even those I do know, I don't act myself around them. Around most people I am a happy peppy person who seems to have no care in the world, but in truth I am very alone. Am I the only one who does this?
I do the same thing. Only I'm really dark and evil around people. I only show my true self to my bestest friends. When i act i'm a new and different person. Someone I actually want to be. Anyone but myself.
I usually just act for the fun of it. I like to try on different shoes, not because of self esteem or frustration with who I am. Mostly because I enjoy it. I like being someone else. Right now I'm working on a very depressing movie, but I played Benvolio for Act One Scene One R&J for one project and I've been the star of a few comedies. I also act in ballets and some school stuff when I was little. I just love it.
Wow its amazing..honestly I didnt think anyone could understand this feeling except me.. ..I'm actually kinda afraid to answer to this post..I might just end up spilling my life out all over these pages! HEHE! okay..well..lets see ....where to begin...

I used to be the quiet nerdy smart girl in the corner who had no friends and never said more than two words per a week..books were my escape and my solitude.

.I didnt need friends..besides they only hurt you right?...well thats what I thought..and as for having leadership qualities forget about it. well..by the time I reached seventh grade we had a choice of elective classes and I picked a couple and waited a few days..just to find out that I hadnt gotten a single one that I had wanted..on top of it all I was placed in the drama group

ME IN DRAMA!!! AAAHHHHHH NEVER...you couldnt force me on a stage if the world was ending...but what the heck I figured it was time I needed to branch out...so I went to the class and realized this was something I could do..I could become another person..It was so surreal..It was so odd..it was amazing..I was someone else If I was my charachter..so I spent the next three months being the wicked witch of the west for an hour and a half everyday.

And that was just the beginning..I wennt on to be in some community productions and eventually figured out I had a knack for directing also..I staged a show of peter pan..andI realized that I had friends!..once again it was so surreal...

and although I had found these friends by being a diffrent person..(because I eventually bgan acting outside of drama)..thye stayed my friends even after I took my mask off....I did it gradually and they now know me for who I really am but..around everyone else I still wear my mask...
I think that who I am is an actor..me myself as a person and an individual..my personality is an actor..I am no one person..I am who ever I choose to be..and maybe people like me because that is whoI am .

okay..I apologize..that was a heck of a long post..my fault..sorry!..well if you bothered to read all that ..Thanks!..

eek biggrin crying eek
I don't act to get away from myself, so much as I act to get away from reality. I love to act because it helps me understand myself and others better, but also because It's just fun.
For me it's more than just about "being alone". I've been interested in acting for as long as I can remember. As fasr as I can tell it comes natural to me, so natural in fact that I do it on a regular basis.

It's like I have an alter ego. Kind of amazing actually, they act nothing like me, and yet somwhat like me...they bring certain thing outs and exaggerate them...it's so odd. My friend is doing a painting of me to depict my personality. True she hsn't known me very long, but what really amuses me is that she's doing my alter ego. She thinks it's me. Which it is...but then again it is SO not. Heh.

Becoming someone else...well it's more than that... It's like they become me too, and I incorporate them into my personality. Just a whole new person. I love it.
My mother made me drop out of drama, (social problems with another guy)saddening, but I think I'm going to get into it again next year. Even if the drama teacher's a total b*****d, that's not the point you know?
I act a lot inside the theater and out. People don't really get that I'm shy, so I act differently...not necessarily acting unlike myself, just acctenting certain parts.
I act for several reasons:
1. I love it.
2. I have a lot of energy. I don't do sports (they just seem so stereotypical and I'm too busy with theater anyway), and you can only spaz out so much at school. When I act, I put all my energy into they character I'm playing, and when I'm done, I feel tired and very satisfied. 3. I like to make people laugh. I love character parts, comedy relief. Hearing people laugh and knowing they're all enjoying themselves because of me makes me feel very proud.
4. I can forget what's going on in my real life. I get so wrapped up in my character it feels far more real than my actual problems. So it is kinda an escape from life, I guess.
5. The people are awesome. I've met the most amazing people in the world during a show. At school, its all "clothes, popularity, rumors, blah" stuff I couldn't care less about, so people think I'm weird. Not that I don't have friends, but they aren't all in my classes, so everybody else finds me very strange. But in theater, nobody thinks its weird, in fact lots are weird in the same ways I"m weird!
So, yeah, to me, theater is sort of a haven from everywhere else, and i can be a completely different person for a while. All in all, I live for it.
i act for alotta reasons 1st is i love it in and out of the theatre i use ouside the theatre mostly so i can get out of a sticky situation or so my friends will like me more or so theyll leave me alone

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff