Welcome to Gaia! ::

What kind of charaters do you like to play?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on October 24, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

Brainy Explorer

I chose the last option. Since Elementary I always played the good guy so last year we had 3 plays and each 1 of them I played a happy character, a romantic character and a lonely meloncholy(sp?)character. It made me feel more relieved knowing my own emotions and what I'm capable of.

At first I didn't really except myself. Then this girl(who later became my best friend) asked me if I wanted to play the sun in a solar system play and then I ...bloomed.
I act because I like that rush when your in front of everyone..its scary yet so exciting.
Acting, for me, is not an escape, but an enlightenment. The stage, full of characters, is a means of existing out of oneself and into another. However, when all is said and done, the character always seems to accompany me off the stage and incorporate itself into me. And as I usually play very odd or distorted characters, the impact has not been the most benificial.
As one portrays characters upon the stage, so too have I seemed to play characters in life. Needless to say, this often presents conflicts when multiple personas, allocated to different groups, come into conflict with each other. The results are not always postitive.
If you ask all the people I know to define me, you will recieve a different answer from each person asked. But if you ask me, I would be likely to compare myself to a blank slate, awaiting definition as the situtation demands.

well, that was more personal than I thought it would be.
I act because the human psyche interests me. When preparing to be a character, I like to see how they act and why it is they act that way. It helps me understand myself and others. It's also a great stress reliever and easier than a psych course. =^-^=
Yea i love acting its my "life" a lot of kids tease me cry so i use acting as a way out. I also draw a little but acting is my freedom. I am my self with some of my friends but I mainely act my way through life. dont you confused
All of you people should watch the movie CAMP. It's a great movie and explains quite a bit about the life of us theatre junkies...it even has a scene where the 'honest to goodness straight boy' tells why he likes to act. Anyone wanna guess why? Yes...you got it! He likes acting because he's not himself when he's acting. It is a great film for anyone theatre-y to see and I would know. I saw it for the gazillionth time last night...no wait, this morning, at a cast party...it was closing night last night...::tear::
And if you all care to know, I act because it's the most wonderful thing in the world. It's fun and the people are great. And another piece of advice: If you find yourself friendless, all you need to do is walk up to a random person and say, "You're my new best friend." It works, I do it all the time and I've made bunches of new friends.
Now, back to my show withdrawal. crying
real acting isn't being someone elce, it's about being another part of yourself.
I love playing any type of character be it depressed, happy, romanic, comical, insane, or oblivious. Acting is a way for me to express my feelings through a character that isn't mine. I do feel all of the emotions of my characters when I step into their shoes, and it distracts me from the reality of my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but sometimes trying to be perfect gets old. When I become another person through performing I can express other emotions that I couldn't express during my real life without being judged.
any character and any part in a play is good for me, in fact i even enjoy working back stage I just love the whole idea about doing a play, wheter is acting, directing or in other ways...but if i had to choose a role, it had to be the villian...its so much fun biggrin
i had my first lesson yesterday and it was great! i loved it!
Acting has always been a passion of mine. I guess, to be blunt, I've always been a bit of a show off, and I like attention. It's indescribable, the feeling afterwards..you know what I mean. The 'buzz'.
Though also, I think acting to me provides a way to deal with my problems. I'm not playing the sympathy vote, but I think in my life there have been a lot of traumatic times, perhaps more than most. (So relevant today - my friend's mum was killed in a car accident at lunch. cry ) If I think about it, the times when I got particularly passionate about performing have been during those times. I guess the fact that you can show a different part of you; leave your problems behind, and become something else or do things you might not usually do. It's a barrier to hide behind I guess.

But mainly it's just for the pure hell of it wink
I'm wierd.
There, I said it. My life revolves around characters. One moment I want to be Legolas's girlfriend, a half-cat assasin the next. I'm a lot like the author of this post, I guess. I hate people who act like missionaries, forcing you to do this and that. I have friends, but they really have distinct personalities, amd I sometimes feel a bit distant. The wierd thing about my personalitie is that it's like snow: it has no actual shape. On the other hand, only I can sculpt shapes, not others. Sometimes i wake up one morning and I think "Oh, I want to be like Chihiro/Sen/Random Person!" and then I do that for the day.
Some people have said that it's sad, disorderly, ect. ect. I think that it's OK. It's who I am, or rather, who I am not.
That's it.
I've loved singing and acting for as long as i can remember. my mother and the rest of my family really approves. they've all supported me. without acting, i couldn't be myself.
i love acting simply because i get to be not me. acting helps you find yourself. i cant say that i am not excepted, but acting makes me feel better as a person. acting is a good way to escape.
I like being funny 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces