Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Genius

8,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I am on colorguard...Last fall was my last season, because the winterguard season conflicts with dance....

However, some of my fellow guardies are in winterguard with Armada from Oregon, Wisconsin. They have a competition this weekend in Indiana.

My band placed 2nd overall, which is awesome, considering we only have a 75 person marching band, and the band that placed first has a 200 member band... smile

Magnetic Millionaire

Was a little shocked when I saw this. Who knew guard people also went on Gaia, right? Haha..

Sometimes a rare site, but not really ... I'm a Color Guard boy from Irondale HS. Might be recognizable because we do, or also used to, have a reputation. My last year in Irondale this year and will be off to Blue Stars Drum Corps this summer. (:
We'll also be performing in Denver, Colorado for WGI Regionals and WGI Championships in Ohio. If any of you guys are around, come see me. ((: Our show this year is pretty good. Well, I was just dropping by to say this because ... Guard is such a big part of my life and its gotten me through tough situations and have given me new experiences and memories. On the plus side, guard also introduced me to my boyfriend. ^^;

Magnetic Millionaire

This made me want to upload my solo from this Fall too. Just sharing with you guys:

Fall Solo

Romantic Lover

7,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
SkyeRainiStrife
I'm going into my.. 4th season of guard and was wondering if any guard people played on Gaia. I'm still kinda new to Gaia but guard is something I'm pretty good at. Or so I'm told. Hahah. If you're a guard member, like to watch the guards, or just want to know what it is. just contact me and I'll tell you what I can. Hahah. Ttyl.

Of course I luv Color Guard!(: This year was my first season and it was ah-mazing. I absolutly luved it. next year i'll be captain since we have a really small Guard. Last season we had 6 including me. I can't wait for next season and of course, BAND CAMP!!! xD

Beloved Friend

Marching band season is over and I miss Colorguard again crying I've been in Colorguard at my Highschool for two years now, and I love it! I'm on my Colorguards Rifle section (I was the new additon to rifles, yet caught up and am now on the same level of technique as they are, and we had five this year, but one is moving, so we'll have four next year) We worked really hard this year, because last year, (Imma be honest) WE SUCKED. It was much smoother this year, but our instructor moved, so we're gonna maybe have a new one... Anyway, I guess I can put the video of one of our performances, but yes the band doesn't sound the best, so don't hate. And look at your right of the guard girls for the first two songs, and then rifles then everybody during the video because most rookies and not-so-good girls are on your left, and are on flag since they can't be on rifle, then everyone's pretty equal in the last song. Wow I didn't mean to type so long... Well, here it is :/

Beloved Friend

Hotaru Suzumiya
Is it normal for a color guard to have a coach of some sort?
I feel so alone in the color guard world because the program is so poorly treated at my school.
My band director made it a rule saying the only people that can try out for color guard are wind instrument players in the band.
This really hurts our numbers and we had a tiny guard of 6 member this past year.
I really wish our director would allow us to open the program up a bit more to other people.

Also, since we have no coach, everything is on the shoulders of me.
I teach the new comers, I make up routines, and I practically do everything to make sure that my guard works hard.
Is this uncommon to not have any sort of coach and have the color guard program run by a student within the marching band?

It actually is a pretty common thing for there to be no Colorguard instructor. In that case, the captain/co-captain does everything (teach, make routine, etc.). Our guard had an instructor though. What isn't common is that your band director makes it where only instrument players can do Colorguard. At my school, my band director wants as many instrument players as he can get. If you play in band and switch to Colorguard at my school, my band director gets very disappointed in that. Are you a 1A, 2A, 3A, or a 4A band?

Timid Gawker

*0* I loooooooooover Color Guard. This year was my first year doing it and I won Rookie of the Year. Our instructor can be brutal though. We plucked his last nerve one day and we had to do almost 700 Drop Spins gonk And we still had to do our other hand and go through Double Time afterwards. Worst day of band camp EVER. I still enjoy it though even though Marching Band isn't considered an actual sport > .>. *Looking longingly at my practice flag* The new season can't begin soon enough.
colorguard c: unfortunately, our coach eloped to florida to go marry a man who had proposed to her long distance. so we haven't had a guard in 2 years. i still have my green practice flag at home biggrin
I'm a guard girl wink
I was a captain in high school and was an assistant instructor for two years. c:
Guard will always be the best part of my life.

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
OMG!!! YES!!!!
I just started guard last year in winter guard!
I play clarinet in marching band, but this year, i'm in color guard, and were doing a KISS theme smile
i'm Gene Simmons because of my XL tongue razz

Dapper Genius

This year is going to be my first year in guard! Although I'm already a sophomore, I'm a huge newbie. Anybody have any tips? I would love to hear them, feel free to PM me also ^^ I'm probably going to be on flag line this field season but I would love to get into starting to try some sabre work.
Ooh, I do it, what class is everyone in for indoor?

Beloved Friend

I'M BACK YO.

I am sooo excited for this year! It's gona be my third year, and I might ACTUALLY get to be co-captain! (It's definite I'm gonna be captain next year though, even our band director said it). Buuut, our previous captain is gonna be drum major this year, and another rifle is moving, so we're only gonna have 3 vet rifles... I hope he doesn't add a rookie honestly... Then senior year when the other 2 rifles are gone, I can just have a rifle solo (:< haha. Anyway, we're having a new instructor, and our uniforms are actually not that bad this year! Last year we had 9 members, now we have 14!!! (But, I think 14 is too big for a small 2A band in my opinion...) 2 of the girls, both seniors, (one has been on the same amount of time as me and the other has been on for one more year than I, but she has volleyball practice all the time, so she misses practices!) are upset that I wanna be co-captain... our future captain even said so herself that I would be better for the guard than them! I reaaaally hope he doesn't go with seniority =_= Huh, another long post by meee! >w< Oh well. Got that off my chest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff