Great 0.36615384615385 36.6% [ 119 ]
Good 0.23384615384615 23.4% [ 76 ]
Okay 0.13538461538462 13.5% [ 44 ]
Needs Work 0.19384615384615 19.4% [ 63 ]
Bad 0.070769230769231 7.1% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 325 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24

Mallori_Cantare
Hello. Been a while and I've been out and about to places and I just remembered about your story. I am a few chapters behind but that means a wonderful night of reading smile
I'll comment again once I'm up to date with your story.

Hi! It has been a while. Sounds like you've been having a eventful times over there! I've been busy as usual and even took a two-three break off of Gaia myself sooo I understand. I'm glad to hear that you remembered my story. whee I hope it's an enjoyable night reading and I look forward to your comment when you're all caught up. 3nodding
Sorry guys, I really took a break from Gaia. sweatdrop But good news is that I have returned with two chapters! Enjoy. 3nodding

Chapter 18
Adam
The shoes weren't cheap.

"So when do you think you're going to give them to her?" Melissa asked as we were sitting in my car, I was driving her back home. I placed the all the stuff I bought for myself and Aubrey's shoes in my trunk. There was definitely a dent in my wallet and I was back to being poor now. I understood and remembered why I never really bothered to shop for myself a lot anymore.

"I don't know." I replied, but I couldn't shake the feeling of going to her house right now and giving her the fifty dollar shoes now. I felt excited and to see Aubrey's surprised face again when she sees what I got her just like at the mall. I stopped in front of Melissa's house and looked over at her, "Thanks for today."

Melissa smiled and then quickly turned away, opening the door. "Aubrey's lucky." I heard her say in a low tone, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear it or not. "You're welcome, anytime, I'll see you tomorrow at school." She said in her normal voice like she never said anything, shutting the passenger door, and before I could reply, she turned away, walking up to her house.

Then it hit me that maybe I should've bought Melissa something too. Dang. I had to make sure to remember that next time. As I started to drive back to my house, I still couldn't shake the feeling, the shoes in my trunk were they silently calling me. The sun was still out so why not? Her house was close by so I started to drive to Aubrey's house.

I had my windows down, letting the warm breeze flow into my car, and as I was on her block, I could hear some distant yelling that I couldn't make out. Then as I saw Aurbey's house, I saw the door opening, and instantly saw what's his face on the porch with Aubrey leaning on the door. I could hear him yelling at her, "You hear me, ******** worthless! No wonder your brother can't ******** stand you and your ******** stupid a**." That a*****e.

I pushed down on the brakes right in front of her house and quickly opened my door, shutting it closed. That got their attention as I ran up to the porch, they were both looking at me. I could see Aubrey's surprised face with tears running down her face. That son of a b***h. Normally I wasn't the type to do this type of stuff but Aubrey, she was changing me.

A reason, something to fight for. "Oh look, Aubrey, your-" But I wasn't going to let him finish that. I got a hold of his shoulders and shoved him off the porch and onto the grass. "You little s**t!" He yelled as he got himself off the grass, hands tight in a fist. "You're ******** dead." I brought my fist up, ready for it.

But before I could go down the steps to the a*****e, Aubrey grabbed me by the arm, I could hear her saying desperately, "No, no, don't." But I wasn't budging till she got in front of me, putting her hands on my chest, pushing me in her house with all her might. She looked back at him who was still on the grass and demanded, "Go away now!" And pushed me completely in her house, shutting the door behind her.

She quickly locked the door and looked out the window, and whispered, "He's walking to his car, he's leaving, thank god." And then lean on the door, slowly sliding down, she looked broken. She sat on the floor shaking and then buried her head into her lap, letting out a cry. I slowly lowered myself down to her, sitting on my knees, I placed my hands on her shaking shoulders. "Oh, I'm sorry. s**t. I forgot you were here." She sounded broken too and then she quickly wiped her eyes, her hair shielding her face from me, and when she looked at me, I could see her eyes were red with tears. She continued to wipe them away and said with a smile as she cleared her throat for her normal voice, "Here, let me open the door for you." She was on her knees and leaned over to reach over to the door knob, but I couldn't control myself. I reached over, bringing her to me in a hug.

Aubrey
I couldn't hold it back anymore.

Adam was holding me so tight against him, I could feel his heart beating, and I closed my eyes, letting all of my emotions go. I wrapped my arms around him, grabbing him tightly against me, as the tears started to rapidly come out. But he never budged, he sat there on the floor with me as I cried on his chest, soaking a spot on his shirt. "Thank you." I softly said when I stopped but before I lifted my head off of him, I sniffed, and said out loud, "Ugh, I must look like such a mess right now." And I let out a small little laugh.

"You don't." Adam whispered as I felt his arms let go of me and his hands on my shoulder, making me get off his chest. I quickly looked away, covered my face with my hands, wiping the leftover tears. "Aubrey, look at me." He said still with his hands on my shoulders. I was shook he said that and slowly turned to him with my hands covering my eyes. His hands went off my shoulders and grasp upon my hands, and slowly moved them off my eyes and onto my lap.

"But.. but I look like a mess. A complete.... mess." I slowly said as tears started to fall again. Adam got his hands off of mine and with both his hands, wiped my eyes gently with his thumbs. He then lowered his hands to cup my cheeks. "Adam?" I asked as his face went closer to mine.

"Sorry." He softly said as he pushed his lips against mine. I blinked back tears in surprise, letting the last one fall. I closed my eyes as his lips moved against mine and I slowly wrapped one of my arms on the back of his neck and used my other hand to to run through his hair. This was Adam. Adam. The one person I shouldn't be doing this with. But I didn't care. I wasn't playing by my brother's rules anymore. Not after that.

And then I pushed myself away from Adam and silently asked, "You know... I'm probably doing this and using you to get back at my brother, right?" Adam gave me a little smile, nodding, and then closed the few inches between us for another hug. I leaned on his shoulder and wrapped my arms over him. "I don't want to lie to you or give you the wrong idea."

"That's okay." He whispered, still holding me tight to him. "Maybe you'll fall for me like I fell for you." Which made me abruptly pull back and look at him surprised. Did he just say that? Adam glanced down and then back at me. Did he just confessed to me? "It's late, I better go now." It was, the house was getting darker from the sun going down.

He let go of me and got himself off the floor. He held out his hand to me to help me up. I grabbed on to it and got off the floor too. "Adam..." I started to say as I let go of his hand. "Don't tell Hanna or Melissa any of this. I don't want them to know yet." I didn't have to ask, I already knew Adam wouldn't as long as I told him not to.

"Okay." Adam replied as he turned to walk to the front door. "I meant everything." He added as he opened the door, turning to me. I walked over and stood right in front of him at the doorway. I looked at him, his short black hair kind of rustled up thanks to me, I could see his face was kind of pink, and he looked at me so serious. It made me want more of him.

But before that got control, I replied, "I know." and closed the door between us, locking it. I leaned my head on the door, sighing. Couldn't believe that happened. I then walked over to the couch, plopping my whole body on it. I closed my eyes and bought my index and middle finger to my lips, reminiscing what happened, still feeling how his lips were on mine. "But you weren't supposed to fall for me." I said out loud to no one but the walls of a dark empty house.

Adam
Holy s**t.

I couldn't help but be in complete awe as I was driving home, but that just made me super more aware and drove a little bit slower than usual. That was crazy. Once I got into my drive way, I opened the trunk to get my new clothes inside and immediately remembered why I came over to her house. I forgot to give Aubrey her shoes. Dang. Well there was always tomorrow. So I had my big bag of combined bag from the mall and brought them in. Leaving Aubrey's shoes in the bag in the trunk behind. I wonder how tomorrow was going to be like. I wonder if Aubrey would be different around me. I mean, I did end up kissing her and then telling her that I fell for her... those words had came out on their own. What would she do now?

"Whoa, looking sharp, Adam." Melissa commented as she suddenly walked beside toward the cafeteria the next day. I smiled at her, it was thanks to her anyways. She thought purple would look good on me and it did. My t shirt I had on was a dark purple and I paired with black pants that weren't loose like my previous ones. She said that dark colored look good on me and that I shouldn't change that if I didn't want to.

"Thanks, I have to get some food now. See you at the table." I said back as Melissa smiled, nodding, and walked away. But something was different, She had her hair down but it wasn't wavy, I mean it was still wavy but wasn't like normal or glossy with a shine as usual. Today, it was also clipped up with a clip, it was spread out, she let her hair fall where they wanted to, and had two dark red chopsticks sticked in there. She had on a oversized dark red blouse to match with a pair of really light blue jeans, and sandals. That definitely wasn't what she normally looked like she would wear.

I watched her confusedly and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "It's different, right?" I heard Aubrey's voice and turned my head to her. She got her hand off and I looked at her. She had her hair in a ponytail but it wasn't neat, it looked like she just put up her hair without caring what it looked like. She had on a plain long sleeve black shirt with grey sweatpants. Whoa, what happened? "I see you're giving me that same stare as everyone else has."'

"It's just.. different." I awkwardly replied as I looked at her face, she had natural makeup on that was for sure. Can't believe yesterday happened, but here were were, pretending it didn't. I then noticed some people passing by, staring at Aubrey confusedly, but she wasn't focused on them. Looked like she was ignoring them.

She smiled at me and said, "Let's get some lunch together. I didn't pack anything for myself." Whoa. She was going to be in line with me and getting school lunch together. Never saw that one coming. She walked up to the line, it wasn't that long, thank god. We just stood there awkwardly. "It's been forever since I've done this." I heard Aubrey say as I stood behind her in line. "What are you doing? Stand beside me. I don't want to seem like I'm by myself." And then she grabbed my arm and dragged me beside her. "Much better."

And then we just stood there, awkwardly silent till we grabbed our trays and ordered. We both got chocolate milk, cheeseburger and fries, and a pear. "Are you trying to copy me or what?" Aubrey joked as we got out of the lunch line, carrying our lunch trays to the table. "God, I haven't held one of these babies in a long time." And she started to slightly lift it up and down in front of her.

When we reached the table, I saw Hanna sitting there by herself with a sandwich and a big bag of bbq chips beside it. She looked different too. She had her hair up in a messy bun up on her head. Wore a white t shirt with the coke symbol on it and capris. What was happening? I took a seat next to Aubrey while she sat down in front of Hanna. Then I saw Melissa come over with a box of pizza that they sold on the other corner of the cafeteria, only on Thursday. "God, I'm starving." Melissa exclaimed as she sat down in front of me and next to Hanna and opened the pizza box that she placed in front of all of us. "Have some with me."

I couldn't help but look at all of them in shock as they all reached for a slice of pizza. But even more shocked when I saw Taylor walking up to our table, pissed, sat down directly next to Aubrey and said in a low tone but we all could hear, "What the ******** are you doing?"

Aubrey
"Enough playing by my brother's rules."

"What?" Melissa asked surprised when I said that over the phone. It was when I had to get off the couch and go up my phone, calling them to tell them I had enough. I laid on my bed, lights off, and with my hand over my eyes exhausted from today. It was all kicking in at the moment.

"I know you're all mad at your brother for what he did, I would be pissed too, but are you that mad at him?" Hanna asked on her end. I then had to get myself off my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. Face was red, hair was a mess, I already changed out of my white dress I had on to a tank top and shorts. I wasn't going to let my brother get away with this. Not this time.

"I'm just tired of .... being caged in on what he wants. Why are we even doing this anymore anyways? He's graduating this year and going off to college with a basketball scholarship next year. Are we actually going to wait for him to leave to finally do whatever we want?" I asked as I sat on the edge of my bed. There was a pause after I asked that though. "Aren't you tired too or have we been doing this for so long that ...?" I didn't want to finish that.

"I'm in." Melissa said. Yes! I knew Melissa would but... "What about you, Hanna, are you in too?" All through our talk, she hasn't said much, she was just listening and thinking about the whole thing. It was just how she was, analyzing everything.

I heard her sigh loudly and then she replied, "I hate both of you for doing this, but I'm in." Which made me get off my bed and start to jump up and down a bit. "What are you thinking of doing anyways, Aubrey?" She asked which made me sit back down.

"First off, let's wear whatever we want, no looking like we are about to strut the runway." Which made Melissa laugh. "Tomorrow morning, I'm going to go tell Taylor that I'm going to take a ride with one of you guys so he wouldn't see what I'm going to wear. No more packing our lunch, let's eat whatever we want, sort of like a cheat day. By then, that should get his attention." I explained.

"I can't wait to see Adam's face of all of this. It's going to be too funny. Or are we going to tell him what's up?" Melissa asked as I tried my best to push the memory of him holding me in his arms and kissing me to the back of my mind but I couldn't. It was there. I wasn't going to tell Melissa or Hanna of it yet.

"Let's not tell him. Let's see his surprised face." I replied as I wondered how awkward it was going to be tomorrow, seeing him after what happened today. "Thanks guys.... for this." They didn't have to be with me and dragged in this years ago. They didn't have to be with me now and be part of my rebel against my brother.

I smiled wide when I heard Melissa reply back, "It's what best friends are for."

Chapter 19
Adam
"Well what about Skylark, what was that about?"

Aubrey said to Taylor who was still sitting there beside her. His brown hair was shorter than I last saw him, he was tanner too. He had a dark blue tank top under a light blue button down shirt and dark blue shorts. "I can't believe you did that to me."

"And I can't believe you still have this guy around you." Taylor said back as he looked over and glared at me. "What the ******** is he still doing with you?" Which made Aubrey turn to him, blocking his glare at me. I had to admit, there was no way I could go up against him. Even through his shirt, you could see his muscles. Pretty sure he knew he could beat me up and he was pretty sure I knew too.

"Oh, you don't know? He's my new boyfriend now. Spread the news." Aubrey bluntly said. Oh s**t. I could hear Melissa coughing on her side of the table. Taylor then abruptly stood up, staring down at Aubrey, I could see he was pissed, and then he looked at me, looking like he wanted to beat the s**t out of me. But before he did anything, he quickly walked away which made Aubrey turn back to us, "Sorry, I knew Adam would be the last straw in pissing my brother off. It worked."

I looked away from Aubrey, and looked over at Hanna and Melissa. They were both looking at me. Did Aubrey tell them? "Wow, did you guys actually believe me when I said that?" Aubrey then asked, getting the attention away from me. "It's not true, I just had to piss my brother off." Then she sighed and continued, "I kind of wished we did this sooner.."

It all made sense now. They were doing all of this to get back at her brother. But they didn't say anything after that, they sat there eating, probably thinking about all of this. I picked up my cheeseburger and bite into it. Aubrey looked over at me too, with her cheeseburger in her mouth. She smiled at me as she lowered her burger down, chewing. I smiled and looked over at Melissa who was eating a pepperoni slice of pizza. She looked happy.

When she noticed I was looking at her, she smiled at me and took another big bite of her pizza. Then I looked over at Hanna who was holding her bag of chips, she was eating them one after another like she haven't ate them in ages. She then stopped and turned to me, "What? Did you want some?" And held out her bag to me, ready to offer me some.

It was interesting, things felt pretty normal. They weren't the pretty gorgeous popular girls that wore all the best clothes and ate all the heathy stuff. They were themselves and they looked happy to be that. "No thanks, but here, do you want my pear?" I asked as I moved my tray slightly to her.

"Nope, I think you should eat it. It's about time you ate something heathy around us." Hanna replied with a smile. I smiled back and moved my tray back to me. I looked over at Aubrey who was squeezing ketchup over her fries. At Melissa who was eating another slice of pizza. Then at Hanna who lifted up a slice of pizza she got from the box. They ate half of it so far.

I finished my burger and moved my tray over to Melissa, "Here you can eat my fries." She looked at them and then at me surprised and then broke out in a big smile. She moved the tray over to her between her and Hanna and they both started to open ketchup packets. I smiled and picked up the pear and took a bite. For the first time since I've been with them, I was the one wearing the new clothes and eating something heathy while they ate fried up, greased up stuff. I broke out in a laughter at the irony.

Aubrey
I didn't see Taylor at all after that, he didn't even come home.

But I didn't want to be alone in the house so I asked Melissa and Hanna to come over. "Lunch was seriously the best today." Melissa said as she dug her spoon into the cookie dough ice cream she had in a white glass bowl. We were in my room, eating ice cream. "But did something happen between you and Adam?" When she had that, I was floored. Was it that noticeable?

"What makes you ask that?" I replied, getting a big scoop of ice cream and placing it in my mouth. We were all sitting on my bed with music in the background. Even though I tried to be normal around Adam, it was kind of hard to. Especially his words. His confession. What was I supposed to do now? Reject him? No.

"You guys looked like you were sort of avoiding each other." Melissa answered as I looked over at Hanna and saw she was looking at me too. She wanted to know too. What would they do if I told them? How would they react? They're my best friends who stood beside me through everything. Was I really going to lie to them?

No. "Adam... he came came to my house when me and Skylark were in the middle of our fight on the porch. It was sort of funny how he just ran up on us and pushed Skylark away from me and onto the grass." I smiled at remembering how grass was all over his clothes. "They were ready to fight each other. I could tell. But I didn't want that happening so I pushed Adam into my house. It wasn't easy."

I had to look over at Melissa and Hanna and see their reactions so far. They were just sitting there, waiting for me to continue. "And.... I completely broke down crying at the doorstep." And then turned my head away from them towards my lap. "I forgot he was there at first till he held my shoulders and I was going to get out of his way and open the door but he hugged me, and held on to me as I cried it out. When I stopped, I was telling him how a mess I must've looked."

I slowly looked at them and continued, "He said I didn't and grabbed my hands away from my eyes and.." I brought my hands up, used my thumbs just like how Adam did, and wiped my eyes. "And then held me by my cheeks and kissed me." I finally said it as I looked at their faces. Hanna was completely shocked. Melissa looked sad like she was about to cry, but I didn't know why.

"Wow." Melissa commented as she started to blink. "Did he give you the shoes while he was there?" She asked as she looked away toward her bowl. What? Was that why he was there? Dang. I forgot to ask Adam why he even dropped by my house. So much happened that day that I forgot about that. It didn't even cross my mind why.

"What shoes?" I asked as Melissa looked up at me surprised.

"That day... Adam asked me to go shopping with him to help him get new clothes." Melissa answered. Oh, that explains today and his new clothes. "While we were at the mall, he thought it would be nice to buy you something so he decided to buy you some new shoes. I asked him when he was going to give it to you, he said he didn't know, but I didn't think he would want to give you them that day."

Adam
Friday was just like Thursday.

Them wearing casual clothes, they even stood in line with me to get some lunch together, that was interesting. Aubrey was still kind of distant from me even though she tries to be all normal around me, making small talk, smiling at me, but we haven't really talked since that day. But the weird thing was that would catch Hanna or Melissa staring at me. I could feel them have their eyes on me constantly when I was around them.

But the weirder thing was on Saturday night, when Melissa called me out of the blue. Things were weird between us too. I can't put my finger on it but something felt off. "Hey, are you doing anything tonight?" She asked once I picked up her call.

"No, why?" I asked back, wondering what she had in mind. None of us really hanged out since our trip to the mall or really texted much even though I tried texting them but the conversation always went stale after a while. Even though things seemed okay with us when we were at school, something was definitely off. I don't know yet if I should ask...

I heard Melissa breathe out a sigh and then she answered, "One of my friends just called and wanted to meet me over some dinner with her date and... I was wondering if you wanted to come with me. I don't want to be the third wheel. It will be fun." What? Go with her friend who is on a date? Was I going to be Melissa's date?

But maybe I should, maybe I could ask her what's been happening. "Okay." I simply replied and she then told me to pick her up in a hour and a half. I agreed and hanged up the phone. I already had on a white shirt and only put on some black pants and a black jacket. It wasn't like this whole date thing was serious or something... right?

But I was wrong. When I got to Melissa's house, when she opened the door after I rang the doorbell, I saw it was very much serious. I couldn't help but stare at her in awe. She was back to looking like the gorgeous popular girl she was. "Hey Adam!" She greeted and then hugged me. She had her wavy black hair glossed up with shine again, a tight fitting black dress on, and some black high heels that made her as tall as me. Dang.

If I would've known this, I would've put more effort in to look better with Melissa, but now I was back to looking average compared to her. "Hey Melissa." I said as she let go of me from the hug even though I didn't hug her back. It was different hugging her compared to Aubrey. Melissa then turned back to her front door, closed and locked it. "Ready?" I asked as I walked down Melissa's poach to my car. "And you never told me what restaurant we're going to."

"It's called Cheese on Top." Melissa answered as she opened the passenger door. Her second time sitting in the passenger seat. The first time was that day at the mall, sad to say but I still haven't given Aubrey the shoes yet. I want to give them to her when things get better between us. I was sort of regretting now what happened and what was said. Things definitely backfired on my part.

I knew I had to do something or else things might get worse.

Aubrey
I was avoiding Adam.

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to hurt him. I can't even look at him sometimes without thinking about on that day. Some days I don't even look his way. Sometimes I can. Sometimes we don't talk. Sometimes we make small talk. Things were getting so different and awkward between us. How were we supposed to fix that? "What am I supposed to do?" I asked, laying on my bed.

"You should talk to him." Hanna replied as she laid on the other side of my bed. Another sleepover but without Melissa. She said she didn't feel like it and just wanted to stay at home. Things were different around her too. She doesn't seem happy as she used to be. She pretends but me and Hanna could see through that.

I brought my pillow to the top of my head. "Talk about what? How he kissed me and confessed to me? That I don't know how to respond to that?" I asked back. The only one that seems normal these days was Hanna. Lucky her. "What am I supposed to do? Just pretend nothing happened and that everything is normal between us?"

"Isn't that what you've been doing?" Hanna asked as I squeezed the pillow on top of my head. "Even though you are doing a pretty crappy job at it. You and Melissa." Which made me get the pillow off of my head and look over at Hanna who was still lying on my bed, facing the ceiling.

"What's Melissa problem anyways?" I knew something was off with her but I don't know. I don't know why. I've been so focused on my problems with Adam and all that that I keep forgetting that.... something was wrong with Melissa too. I feel bad about that. What was happening between us all?

Hanna just laughed a bit and turned to me. "You should talk to Melissa too." Great. I have to talk to Adam and Melissa. "Ask her what's wrong. Have you tried that?" I winced as soon as Hanna suggested that because I haven't. I haven't done anything.

I still haven't seen Taylor around at all and he hasn't came back here since our talk. I placed back my pillow on top of my face once more. "Am I a terrible person?" I asked, sort of scared of what Hanna would say. She could be brutally honest if she had to or even wanted to.

"For not helping Melissa out when you have your own problems to deal with? No." Which made me take a sigh of relief hearing that. "Aubrey, you know you can't juggle everyone's problem with your's. I mean you could try but that just sounds tiring. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, you're right. It does sound tiring." I replied as I smiled under the pillow. I was really glad Hanna was with me and then she surprised me when she said in a low tone, "Sometimes we have to save ourselves, if we just wait around for someone to do that for us then we're already doomed."

And have a happy fourth of July tomorrow!

Impassioned Misfit

24,340 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Regular Attendee 100
Thank you!! I hope you can start to write more regularly!! I am hoping that Adam gets with Melissa, cos Aubrey doesn't seem to know how to love Adam yet or to be brave enough to show it while I think Melissa would show him off without a worry and she really likes him! So.. the only error I saw in the writing was poach instead of porch. So when will you update again huh huh? x)
Spraying Breastmilk
Thank you!! I hope you can start to write more regularly!! I am hoping that Adam gets with Melissa, cos Aubrey doesn't seem to know how to love Adam yet or to be brave enough to show it while I think Melissa would show him off without a worry and she really likes him! So.. the only error I saw in the writing was poach instead of porch. So when will you update again huh huh? x)

Noo, thank you for your patience! I hope so too, and I definitely am hoping to wrap this story up sooner or later. Dunno if that’s a spoiler or not loll. Yesss, that’s what I want, like it just makes sense for Adam to be with Melissa, right? But I guess we will have to see what happens. Hopefully you’ll like how things will turn out whichever way it goes! Ohhh, thank you for catching my mistake! I will fix it pronto. Errr, it’s hard to say when I will update. Hopefully early next month but we will see.

Thank you again! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces