Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Cleric

User ImageA shiver went down her spine as the creepy guards that were most likely synthetic humans leave. "Yeah keeping an eye out for those guys." She said, and did not move her eyes from them until after they left the area. "I already know who is after him. It's all written in history." Jamie looked at them both as if they missed something in their schooling, then she remembered they did not have a 'normal' childhood. Then again, she was also a nerd/geek when it came to learning... Sooo.. "Sorry, it's Agrippina, who poisons him with mushrooms. But it was all 'speculation'..." She said with her fingers in quotations.

"The biggest issue is. We have to convince Caligula, that these people are bad news. Getting him to believe that Claudius is bad news is already in action. He is the one throwing this coo, and the mob at his door step. Speaking of. We really need to get out of here. This place is going to be over run in less then five minuets." Jamie said, and gestured over her shoulder for them to follow.

The plan to evacuate the palace had gone well. They had only lost ten percent of the staff, and only a handful of guards. "Good news is, that we have an army outside of the city of Roam that is more then willing to stand a siege with Caligula. I think both of you will like him. He is brash, and callus. He does not trust, and he hates everyone equally." She said with a chipper smile.

They had to fight a bit to get out of the palace, and had only sustained a few minor wounds each. Jamie got hit with a sword swipe along her leg. She needed Blain's assistance to get out of the city completely.

They traveled by horse back for a few days to find the army that had been stationed outside on detail. They were a young group, but they had a leader that was ruthless. "Servius Sulpicius Galba, but mostly called by those who knew him as Galba. He is one ugly man, but he has some nasty and very good tactics." She said as they traveled to the camp. They could see the massive rows of white tents in perfect lines. They could also see the smoke from several hundreds of fires. Jamie's injury was taking longer to heal then it had before, but at least it was healing faster then any other wound like it.
Guardian Nuregami
We will meet up with Caligula after your next post. Not sure if this is what you had in mind?

Interstellar Dragon

User Image
Looking to each other as Jamie spoke Hawkeye snickers "I knew I should of got into this... sch-ool that talk about. But father insisted." Blain nods as they both spoke at the same time "Military academy" Hawkeye smirks "Hey Blain... just a question did Agrippina ever hit on you?" Blain glared at him "Course not..." "Liar" They followed Jamie as they ran Hawkeye went first as he used the tentacles from his A.I. suit to defend against most attacks from Jamie and Blain. Blain countered those who attacked him as well as Hawkeye as Blain had running behind him his squad of soldiers. Looking back he questioned "Didn't say follow me wherever I go. Hold your positions need you here." The soldier looks to him "Negative sir, well be more of a benefit where your headed." "Fine, just stay at a distance ill signal you when I need you got it." The soldier nods as several of the men where attacked as they kept moving helping the three get out of the city.

Getting to the horses Hawkeye looks "Im not getting on that thing, too big." "Get on the horse Hawkeye." "Hell no" Hawkeye had a fear of large not dangerous animals that he sometimes forgot Blain sighs "Get on the horse or Ill let Jack know of your little fear." Hawkeye looks at him and glares "You wouldn't dare." "Try me." Hawkeye hopes on the horse as he groans, following Blain who was following Jamie they traveled quickly. The squad of twelve men followed a good distance behind watching their backs as they were Blains crew of men he said where his, they each had bows upon their backs and swords upon their sides. As Blain and Hawkeye get to the camp the soldiers stopped a good distance out as they make camp within signal range if they where needed.

Getting within the camp Blain and Hawkeye listens to Jamie as Hawkeye narrows his eyes "Im not even going to try to pronounce that" "Its Servius.. Sulpicius.. Galba or Galba for short." Blain looks to Jamie glazing back at Hawkeye "Oh... your suit by the way tentacles... might want to hide that or cause a panic." Hawkeye nods as the tentacles on his suit retracts "Update from Mi says I made them or someone who knew me made them specifically for this A.I. suit in the future." Blain looks at his arm as he feels a warm liquid as he hadn't notice he had been cut the wound was healing but he noticed something different. "Is it me or..."

Iria33
ah its fine, least we getting to where we need to go had a trail just lost it lol, lost my first post when my internet explore had to SUDDENLY close Dx first post was better

Aged Cleric

User ImageThe banter between the two was priceless, and she snickered often. Wishing she could ride one of the mighty war horses, she would have to make sure to add that to her bucket list before they head out. Caligula had made sure that the three were in the same area. Jamie and Blain were obviously together in the same tent, and Hawkeye after his intro to the man had been put next to both Jamie and Blain. They had to explain a few things, but after seeing what Jamie and Blain could do. Hawkeye's equipment seemed to be standard for him to see. So it went well. Jamie's leg was nearly healed by the time they were to meet up with the War council.

Jamie looked over to Blain. He looked concerned for something, and she looked up from her position in the wagon with their crate in it. "Blain, Everything okay. Did you get injured during our escape?" She asked, concern evident on her face. At this point, they were close to their destination, and word got to them their presence was requested in the 'war tent'. Jamie hopped down from the wagon, favoring her injured leg. Though it had nearly healed, it was still a rough road compared the last few times in recent injuries.

They were right in front of the tent, that the request was coming from, and Jaime looked up to Hawkeye. She had hoped that her advice on riding had helped, and also calm his nerves about the large animal. The horse seemed fine, so she figured that he had calmed himself down. "Everything okay up there." She said, and missed her own horses, hoping that everything was fairing well for them. She laid her hand upon the horses neck, and it shook it's head.
Guardian Nuregami
I hate it when that happens.

Interstellar Dragon

User Image

Blain looks over to Jamie and nods, taking a wrap out of his equipment he wraps the wound up tightly. "Just a scratch ill be fine." Blain thinks to himself "Strange, usually wounds heal a lot fast than that but ever since that Vladimir bomb, its slower.. much slower." Hawkeye looks over to Jamie "Ill be as fine as ill ever be, but I wont ever be fine with those things."

"Next time I don't care whose lookin im using my jets didn't make this suit to just walk around with." Blain snickers as he walked over to the war tent. Hawkeye was a distance behind him as he looks back, four shadows stood in the distance wearing cloth to cover their faces as only their eyes where seen even from a distance the figures looked familiar Hawkeye turns simply ignoring it as he walked behind Blain heading for the war tent

Iria33
Blah short post, have a need to pour drama all over this but I wont... not just yet lol

Aged Cleric

User Image"Yeah, well I am going to look at it when are alone." She said, and then turned to see Hawkeye look very uncomfortable. "I can show you some stretches that will help you. You are going to be sore tomorrow." She said as if she knew what it was like to ride a horse. She stepped back, and gave him room to dismount, and took note of the hooded figures. Much like Hawkeye she ignored them, and continued to the 'War Tent'. Turning to Blain, she chanced a look over his shoulder, but made it look as if in passing. She straightened the harness on his shoulder, and gave the bandage a once over. She then gave a smile to Hawkeye, and turned to face the guards.

Two guards opened the flaps for the three to enter. Jamie saw Caligula sitting, he looked like he was fed up, and then her eyes landed upon the great General. He was as ugly as the books said, if not more so. The man had a massive nose, that stuck to the side as if it had been broken, then poorly set. His eyes were small, his cheeks were pocked, and his head was on the long, and large side. He was currently looking over the map of the walls of Roam, and he had a very serious look on his face.

"Ah, they are here. Glad to see your doing better Jamie." Caligula said, and Galba, looked up and huffed then returned his attention back to the map. "I don't see how you think these people will help. The woman will cause enough trouble in my camp. As you know we are training these new troupes, most of them have never taken a life, I don't know how these two will even come close to making a dent in thing." He said with a wave of his hand as he finally addressed the group after several minutes of studying the map.

Galba, walked over to Blain, and gave him a once over. Then did the very same with Hawkeye. He ignored Jamie for the most part. "I have heard of your weapon's potential, and the degree in which you fight. But you do me no good if you cannot fight as one with my Legion." He walked straight up to Blain. He was at least 5'11", and weighted well over two-hundred pounds. He was a bit fat, but he was not a weakling. The man carried a Gladicus on his left hip, his hands were calloused, and used. He even had dirt under his fingernails that he could not quite get clean.

"I don't know you, I don't trust you, you have no history with our people, and no one knows where you came from. I don't like it. I feel that this whole thing came about because of you, and I think we should crucify you to make an example." Jamie had enough at this point. "People say your like the Gods, but I see that you bleed." He said, and gestured to the bandages on Blain's arm. He turned to Jamie, and then his attention was on her. "What kind of world has their women fight as I have heard you do? I bet they are all blown up rumors because your of beauty. I here you are quite the lover to this one." He hiked his thumb over to Blain. "Is the new man here, your next bed to warm?" Jamie refrained from slapping him. Oh no. She smirked at him...

"I am sure you Servius, would like to get me to react to your ploy of insults that you are trying to fling in our direction. We are here to keep that man." She pointed to Caligula. "Why do you call me that? my name is 'Lucius.'" "On the throne, he will see that Roam unifies, and keep's the Senate in place. He might even keep your country from being over thrown in roughly two hundred years. Hell he even might put your name in the books more so then it will be. Right now you are known as being an over pompous, but great General. I also know that you go by Lucius, not by your birth name 'Servius Sulpicius Galba', you only took the name Lucius Livius Ocella Sulpicius Galba from your step mother. The family that loved dearly, and raised you as their own." She let her words sink in for a moment, letting him know that she knew more about him then he would ever dream of. Only a very few people knew of his true name, and those people ended up writing down his history. Galba stepped back as if struck. "How?" Jamie smirked, and stepped forward.

"I am sure that you would like to hear our story, but at this point, I don't trust you. Hell you just said you threatened to hammer metal spikes threw my wrists, and feet an hang me from a cross. I am not a whore, I am not a God, I AM here to protect that man." She hiked her thumb over her shoulder to Caligula. Who at this point had an amused smile on his face. "The man who you just insulted is going to be my husband someday, and I am not sleeping with his brother. Before you jump to conclusions, please keep in mind we are her to help you. I am sure we can be of assistance to you and your Caesar, but we have to see eye to eye on this. We did not cause them to attack the palace. The man who is now calling himself Caesar. Claudius, who is Caligula's uncle, wants him dead. I am sure he is very aware of this now, but we are here to get Caligula back on the thrown." Jamie had been pointing without looking, and still keeping her eyes up at Galba, she was nearly on the tips of her toes, pushing the man back another step.

"As for who we are. I am Jamie O'Riely, that is Blain Varujan, my future husband, and the man next to him, is Hawkeye Peinsteel. Where I am from, I am a Doctor, and a General of my country, Blain is a General of his, and Hawkeye is a pretty nasty assassin/trouble maker, and collector of artifacts." She actually looked back to Hawkeye to see if she nailed it, and gave him a shrug? She then turned her attention back to Galba. "Do you have any questions?" She gave him a slight smirking smile, and stepped back. He was at a loss for words. He blinked a few times, and then looked to Caligula, who shrugged his shoulders. It was clear he was about to ask her what she was, or at least who she was, but she had already covered that. He even started to raise his finger, red in the face with anger, then it subsided, as he realized she had won the little debate. "Well, I think you covered it." He said, and he gave her a nod. "I will have some questions that I would like to ask later, like how you know my past, and how it is you came to be here, but we have to figure out how to retake the city."

"I am sure you do, and in time we will revile our past to you, and with that you will understand how I have come to my knowledge." He seemed content with that answer, and stepped up to Blain, and Hawkeye, then looked down to Jamie. "Have either of you lay segue upon a city? I have, and I would rather be on this side of the wall then within, do you know why?" He asked the three of them, Jamie knew this threw history, but remained quite. It was clear he knew they knew, but he wanted to ask anyway.
Guardian Nuregami
Part of my post if from 'To Crown A Caesar', page 55.

Interstellar Dragon

User Image
Hawkeye looks to Jamie "No thank you, I don't want to learn how to ride those things I been in jets, planes, helicopters, submarines and heck even alien spaceships but horses I draw the line. Just all that fat on four sticks... that's irrational making in the process." Blain nods to Jamie as she gives his bandages a once over as he headed into the tent with the others looking around it was an old fashion siege large map in center, weapons around, drinks on the side brought back memories of a child's play game he loved. Looking to Galba then to Caligula.

As Galba began to speak Blain's eye twitched as Hawkeye steps up. Blain was about to tell him something he would never forget but Jamie stepped forward snapping like Blain and Hawkeye haven't seen in a long white. Blain just crosses his arms then looks to Hawkeye as he began to snicker "Guess she's giving him a piece of her mind." "A piece? more like that whole thing and a little extra." Blain spoke up first. "From my point of view, being dug in so to speak isn't a good idea, you cant get import or export your city is on lockdown you have to defend yourself the duration of the attack. In certain times... the trebuchet was a terror of anyone with a fortress. The city is filled with holes and gaps. Sewage tunnels, waterways, as well as backdoors so that royalty can escape. Perhaps hidden in the hills anyone with an army doesn't really have to attack if they don't want to. Simply waiting it out so to speak does it just fine too as well as..." Hawkeye spoke up as he knew what he was about to mention "Uh, don't mention that." Blain looks to Hawkeye then back to Galba. "No, we haven't lay siege to a city so to speak but we far conquered our share of them."

Iria33

Aged Cleric

User ImageGalba grunted as Hawkeye finished the explanation, and then eyed Jamie as she huffed her thoughts on Blain concurring cities. He nodded to Blain, and Hawkeye, and then turned to Jamie. Jamie was thinking of the time when Blain had attacked the states. He had only gotten along the border of Mexico and Hawaii, had been taken. However, Blain had done some considerable amount of damage, millions to repair the damage he had delivered. Those were dark times for both of them. Galba took note of Jamie's far off look. "And you? Have you attacked a city?"

Jamie came back to the present, and shook her head. "The only fortress that I have attacked was an under water base, then again, I had Blain and Hawkeye both as a mastermind behind what we did. I have only defended against the two of them. I can say though, that I was successful in repelling Blain when he attacked my country. It was rather messy, but we had enough resources to sustain." Galba looked a little surprised when she had mentioned this, and then eyed Blain. "It seems that you were not on the most friendly terms at this time?" Jamie smirked and laughed a little.

"No, lets just say he tried to have me killed a few times, and then a year or so later, we made a truce. Then a friendship from there, and well. Now you have it. Trust me though, if we were to face off at that time, I am sure one of us would of not walked away." Jamie looked to Blain, and gave him a smile, and knew that he had felt the same. He shook his head. "I dough I will ever understand you, and nor am I going to even try. I will just stay out of your way." Jamie had nothing to stay to that, and he turned to Caligula.

"I will make perpetration to lay segue to the walls. I will until we are met with ground forces, train our troupes for such an event to occur." Jamie stepped forward, and offered her hand in question. "I would like to volunteer, myself, Blain, and Hawkeye to deal with a bit of a surprise attack on the walls before you lay waste to them. It will also give you a chance to see what we are capable to do in a war time situation. Myself, and Blain will be able to take a few Officers out from a fair distance away." Gabla goffed at the notion. "You would have to be within their own spear, and arrow range and you will not have much luck getting over the wall with arrows, or spears." Jamie smirked to Blain, then looked to Caligula. "Remember that demonstration we put on in the Colosseum?" Jamie said, and Caligula nodded. "That was well within our short range." He raised an eyebrow, and turned to Galba. "You will learn much of their usefulness, from afar."

Galba thought on this, and Jamie gave him a moment to think before she would continue. "Blain is correct in the notion of how hard it is to defend against an outside attack. We can sit and throw rocks at them, block trade, and starve them out. There is also much worse that we can do, but we do want to keep the city as intact as we can." Caligula only nodded, then Jamie caught his eye.

Jamie was not finished. "I would like to learn more about sword play, and defenses. I will not always have access to my weapons, and we will be limited to an extent, so having that in my background will be helpful. So Galba if you don't mind, I would like to take part in your drills, and perhaps we can teach your troupes a thing or two about how small groups can make an army fall, and we can make a plan for taking the city when an opportunity presents itself." Jamie looked to Blain, and winked. It would be fun to run some night drills and show how sneaky the three of them could be.

Galba thought on what she had to say, and placed a large hand under his double chin, and then eventually gave a nod. "You will have to deal with the men, and their issues with having a woman here, but other then that. I don't see how that could bring harm. I would like to see how you wage war." Jamie smirked, and Galba's expression told that maybe he might of bitten off more then he could chew. However, Jamie would have to be the only woman in a male dominated world. But she had a few ideas of how to deal with them if things got 'interesting'. "What do you say Blain?" Jamie asked.
Guardian Nuregami

Interstellar Dragon

User Image
Hawkeye looks over to each of them as they where speaking. "Well, to tell you the truth Mi gave me something to equip to my outfit that will do perfectly but she shouldn't have given it to me even if I do find it highly humorous even for my tastes." Equipped to Hawkeyes suit was a small black box of unknown origin in the future, having the Zion logo on it, the appearance looked new yet had the sight of age. It had been repaired and put back together and on the side where two switches on and off.

Blain looks to Jamie and nods "Sure im all for it, seems my little troops in the distance can join in and they can train more. Would hate to leave them after their victory in that onslaught at the fort walls against Hawkeye. And even then their dedication to learn and be more elite as we say back home. Heck if we stay here any longer I might put them though Speznaz training." Blain chuckled as he held his hand on his side where his weapon was. "But still if any issues arise with those guys you cant deal with just let me know, many ways to break a cocky man but only one way is more fun than the rest. Soldier torture, the one thing Russians love to do more than a strong drink."

After which was said, Blain and Hawkeye headed out of the tent making their way out. Blain nods to Hawkeye as he did the same, waving his hands toward the nearby ridge one of the men signal back as his troops of 12 made their way down into the group of other soldiers standing in front of Blain. "What do you require sir." "Just hold there for now, we will be doing some training and I want all of you in on it for the experience." The squad all held their first to their chest in respect and confirmation of what he needed them to do.

Iria33

Aged Cleric

User Image
The massive Legion lay at their feet. Jamie looked over to Blain as he readied his men, and Galba walked up to her. "Caligula seems to think you, and yours are descendants of Gods." Jamie smirked at the mention, but in her eyes. "We are made in his image." She said using the solo mention of a God, not 's'. he looked to her, and Jamie left him to ponder her words, to find a change of clothing. Looking to Blain. "I will be back shortly." Then she gave Hawkeye a nod.

Jamie saw to the tent, and their things as Blain got ready to play his war games. She knew he would have something interesting up his sleeves, and she would stay behind, and help prepare them for his assault. She would only suggest what to look for, and how to defend against it. However, she was sure Blain would seek his prize in the end. But it would teach the men how to sneak in, and get out without being noticed. It was just unfortunate that Galba would have to bite back his pride a bit when Blain would in and out before the man even knew what had happened. Jamie was going to start learning the art of swordsmanship, and grow from that, but she knew she had to make a powerful impression to be taken seriously.

The tent was set up, and she went into the massive army style tent that blended more into the background, but also stood out against the white. The crate from Mi was in there, along with two portable beds. Hawkeye had his own area, and it had already been set up for him by some men Jamie ordered about. She changed into her typical workout clothing. She knew she had to bate some interaction, so she only downed a sports bra, and tight fitting pants. Her feet were downed with her running shoes, but they were strong enough for what she needed. Then she walked from her tent. She had a tactical knife at her back, and her hair was tied into a loose braid that started at the base of her head. It slung over her shoulder like golden locks, and shined a bit in the sunlight.

The attention she got was exactly what she wanted. Galba, true to his word was going to help her with her training, but others would be there to assist him. Once he gave her a look over, he smirked. He shook his head. "Let's see how good you are at defending without weapons." Jaime shrugged, and most of the men here did not know her from Adam, but the small group that traveled with Caligula knew what was going to happen, and started to place bets. Jamie smirked. She handed over her tactical knife, and Galba picked a man similar in build but he was much stronger then she was. He grinned at her, and winked.

Jamie bounced on her feet a few times, stretched a small amount to loosen her muscles up, and put two fists up in front of her making her look much like a praying mantis. It was a defensive style of her combat. The man looked at her with a smirk, and charged. She let him get close enough, then she tossed him over her shoulder like he weighed nothing. When the shock of being on the ground wore off, he got up, and approached more cautiously. She hit him three times before he had a hold on her, and she let him grab on, and turn her into him with her back to him.

Then he grabbed her chest, and gave it a squeeze. Then whispered. "This is all women are good for." And Jamie took a hold of his thumb, pulled it free, tossed him over her shoulder again, and he was laying face first in the dirt. She did not stop there... Oh no.. Jamie dislocated his shoulder, then hyper extended his elbow. The crunch could be heard, and she stepped back. "Next time you speak to me like that, or touch me without my permission, I will not be so lenient." The area was quite, and Jamie turned to face Galba. "If you take him to the medical tent, I will see to his injuries once I am done with my lesson." Jamie was not even breathing hard. Money was exchanged for the bets, and some people were very happy.

He looked at her for a moment in shock. Then he looked at her with a bit of a smirk. "You knew you were better then him, I understand why you did what you did." Now every man in the legion would know better then to mess with her, or face the same fate. Then her own practice started. By the end of the lesion, Jamie was sporting a few new bruises, and a cut across her forearm for letting her guard down too much. But no one called her out to her rudely on her mistakes.
Guardian Nuregami
Sorry I have been busy with wedding stuff.

Interstellar Dragon

User Image
After the men got training with Jamie, he watched them as they were in for stealth training and resources. Taking a group of soldiers out into the distant he kneels down upon the ground as he drags his hand raising it up to the soldiers. "Earth, its not just the ground you walk on. It is what protects you from the elements and also your enemy." Taking the time to form a come suitable coating upon his hand and arms it raises it up "Watch closely, bright reds and colors that stand out will get you killed." Setting his hand upon the ground it quickly blends into the environment as the soldiers looked on. "Sir, hiding in battle is cowardly. What would the enemy think of us if were hiding when they attack. We should face them head on." One of the soldiers were outspoken as he steps up. Blain chuckled to his comment. "Yeah, you care about what the enemy your killing thinks of you. This is WAR, it has no rules you can either die waving a big red flag above your head or you can survive so continue to fight for your flag, your people and your family. You think your wife will not marry again when your died because you felt it cowardly."

The soldiers paused again as they looked to each other, the outspoken man stood back in light as Blain nods. "well then, good." He continued with the lesson as Hawkeye stood onside of him. After several hours of training night fell and then morning came as the soldiers where exhausted. Blain leans upon a tree as he watches the sunrise as Hawkeye held a sword within his hands. "The time draws near Blain." Yawning Blain looks over to him and nods, he too had a few cuts and bruises from their sword play. Blain claps his hands as the soldiers wake up "Alright time for a scenario run, to see what you learned one side against the other." The soldiers stood strong as they prepared themselves and tightening their gear and equipment.

After the scenario the soldiers all stood in place, dirt tired but prepared for what they had to do in the time they had to do it in was no laughing matter. Aside from a few years of real training and prepreation this few dozen men had to knowledge and understanding to do what is needed to be done. Blain held his fist to his chest as the men did the same they all shouted "Oh Ah" As they heard Blain used it in the scenario after it was finished. To them it was a sign of accomplishment that they took too all too easily

Iria33

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces