Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Captain Roseline Vanguard
Ship: Maelstrom

Shaking her head, she returned to her glass and poured another one, no longer needing to hold down the map as he withdrew it. "Suit yourself, Seer, but you know one of these days I might not ask anymore," she teased. Of course she would, he was the one man that continued to deny her...and she knew she didn't even have to ask to see if the crew would accept her. She knew they would considering the women that they could choose from.

Turning to glance at the girl he pointed out, she narrowed her eyes at the situation. A slave, in Badab, that was pretty common. But for some reason the Seer felt this girl was of importance, or at the very least of some use. And despite not wanting to openly stick her head into the slave trade business, Roseline wasn't going to simply ignore the Seer's 'advice'.

"Pretty young thing," she said quietly to herself before standing up. Finishing off her glass, she walked over to the man and looked him up and down with intense eyes.

"How much for the girl?" she asked, wondering if it would be as simple as purchasing her. But as she caught a glimpse of the book that was tightly tucked under the white haired girl's arm, she knew it wouldn't be.

Her hand moved down to rest on the hilt of her short sword, the other on the hilt of one of her curved daggers. It seemed rather relaxed, but to anyone who knew her, relaxed turned into active very quickly indeed.

Beloved Spirit

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
The man holding Lily leash started to laugh when a woman walked up and asked how much it was to buy Lily. "I am sorry but this lass isn't for sale. The caption has plans for her. She is just out of her cabin for a little fresh air." He said picking up his glass and chugged down his drink. "If I lost this lass the caption will hang me from the rigging for it." He said looking the woman. To him the woman just looked like she was resting her hands on hilts of her weapons.

Lily wasn't to happy hearing about the sold like a common slave even if it would get her away from the caption and crew that plucked her from the water. She looked at the lady that wanted to buy her from head to toe. 'Hmm this lady looks like she might be able to help my get away from this dumb man... now how to do it.' She thought quietly to herself reaching and grabbing a cup of water that was brought for her before the woman had walked up. She rested her left hand up on the table along with part of the chain that keep her bound to the man.

"The caption and us crew feel this lass owes us quite a lot for plucking her from the sea when we did. She was flouting out there for two days before our ship came along. She has to have the luck of the sea on her side. Aside from that I'm sure the East India Trading Company would pay a very pretty price for her far more then you could ever offer." The man spoke up once more with a cocky grin leaning back in his seat after setting her cup back down before resting his hand on the grip of a flint lock pistol

Partying Reveler

Huron chuckled seeing the situation elevating quickly, the stupid lad with the girl was even bold enough to rest a hand on his pistol. Glancing around the salty dog it was clear everyone was now eyeing the potential fight, a few of the patrons he nodded to seeing them reaching for holdstered weapons. The man had chosen his approach poorly and was about to learn the consequences, the girl on the other hand was still calm; a good sign. Slowly excusing himself from his seat he moved a bit closer, once he was about five feet away he leaned against a pillar.

Slowly and subtly he reached into his coat pocket and retrieved a silver locket, holding it about a foot infront of him he let it sink to the end of the chain. Softly he started to whistle One Eye'd William's song, as he did he let the locket sway. He was hoping to catch the girl's attention, she should probably be aware that it was more than an average slave trade. His whole plan however did revolve around the idea that she knew her past, as he waited he thought back to the first time he had met the man.

He had been a good man, just had the wrong views on particular issues. There could be no doubt however that the seer owed him a great deal, and a chance to save his decendant was not something he would pass up. The only thing he was more excited about was watching the captain destroy the cocky little man. The typical dull roar of the tavern had become hushed whispers, and the tension was thick enough you could cut it with a knife.
User Image

It was unfortunate that the man had not accepted her offer, but with a laugh she moved back to her bottle at the bar and took out the cork. Taking a swig, she offered him the bottle before glancing at everyone who had began to prepare for a fight. As if she would be so obvious. As the man turned back to her, he let his hand move for his pistol. That was a mistake, although he probably didn't realize the full extent of the situation.

"A shame, something so valuable as to be of interest to the East India Company would be right up my alley!" she said vibrantly, sliding the bottle of rum down the bar for him to catch. "Your Captain is a lucky man indeed..."

Keeping her eyes peeled, she waited for an opportune time to strike. It was obvious she wouldn't get the girl without using some degree of force.

"I feel sorry for you though," she sighed, turning her back to the bar. "Stuck dragging her around, it's like he doesn't expect you to have any 'proper fun' whilst in port." Leaning back on the bar, she curved her spine and propped up one leg on the bottom railing of a bar stool. Her tone changed as she said the words 'proper fun' and the look she gave him, coupled with a lick of her lips left no room for imagination.

"But work is work," she smiled, waiting to see if he opened himself up even slightly to an attack. She knew she could take him in less than two moves, but she also didn't know how skilled he was with his flintlock.

After waiting a second, and noticing the girl's hand up on the bar, she decided to move closer. Sliding over as to whisper to the man, she made sure to show off her chest. "Unless, you sneaky devil, you enjoy her as payment as well...I would."

Beloved Spirit

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
The man watched the woman entranced by her. He used the hand holding Lily's chain to stop the bottle while he grinned. he then wrapped the chain he had been holding around his wrist glancing over at Lily who now was shaking her head thinking to herself. Once he felt the chain wasn't going to go any grabbed the bottle by the neck and brought it to his lip taking a drink from it as his eyes locked back onto the woman. "Hmmmm that is a very good idea i am stuck dragging her around for a few hours why not enjoy it my way." He said setting the bottle back down on the bar.

While Lily listened to the women she didn't like the ideas she was putting into the mans head but glancing over at the man she could the woman was distracting him. Her mind began to tick, using her left hand she gain to problem solve when her ears picked up on whistling. The tone sounded very familiar to her she didn't know where but she just know it was familiar. She looked around and noticed how quiet the place had gotten and a man leaning against on of the pillars. She stared at him for a few moments before going back to her problem at hand. She started to shift her hand that held the cup moving it from a normal holding position to where her hand was holding it form the bottom.

Lily soon got that cheeky grin like a little kid about to so something they know is bad. She made sure it only lasted a few moments before glancing at the man and watched as he took a second drink from the bottle. She started to count how long he took a drink and if anyone is pay close attention to her would notice her index finger on her left hand starting to tap the second away while the bottle was to his lips. After one more drink he took she was sure she had the timing down.

Her right hand gripped the bottle of the cup tighter as she watched the man and noticing the woman sliding a bit closer. This was her chance to strike and she wasn't going to pass it up. bring the cup up like she was going to drink from it she quickly turned it side ways and mustered as much strength she could behind it she thrust her arm across her chest slamming her cup into the side of the man's head. She know it wouldn't do more then to distract him more or daze him long enough for her to get that chain lose from him and run.

The man had allowed her to move in closer, and seemed to have eyes for only her when someone smashed him in the head from behind. She had been about ready to take the chance and head butt him, but as he staggered from the impact and pieces of glass went everywhere, she acted. The bottle of rum broke all over the bar, sending the remaining morsels of liquid onto the ground with a steady dripping. Roseline brought her fist up into the man's jaw, sending him backwards, but she had also taken hold of the chain so he wouldn't fall back into the tables and chairs...and patrons that were looking for a brawl.

Unfortunately since it wasn't tied to him, it unraveled and he instead landed square in the middle of a table where a game of cards had been underway. Giving the Seer a look that said 'now we've done it', she pulled gently on the chain so that the girl's attention was on her.

"You'll find you are now in the employ of the Maelstrom, lass" she said carefully, passing the chain to the Seer with one hand as she withdrew her sword with the other. "And I'll be your new Captain. Better stick with us until we clear port...I dare say your previous crew won't be too happy to find you missing."

As the patrons of the bar began to brawl, she dodged a mug that was throw in her direction.

"Better head back to the ship," she smiled, withdrawing her curved dagger. "I can keep these men amused for a bit whilst you wander back."

As a grizzly man ran at her, she kicked a chair into his way and watched him smash a kneecap into it. With a howl he fell to the floor, but as he started to get up with anger in his eyes, she kicked him in the head and knocked him out cold. Soon it seemed as though most drunks were happy just fighting among themselves, it was out of pure safety that she continued to guard the girl and the Seer as they headed outside.

Partying Reveler

The seer watched the whole situation with amusement, the girl had been quick to react which was very promising. When the chain was passed to him he headed straight for the door, looking back he fired a single shot into a man he saw lining up a shot on the captain. Once they were outside he turned to the girl and snapped his fingers, as he did the shackle fell off of her wrist with a loud clang. "You are not a prisoner... you do however have legend in your blood, I only wish to help you realize your potential." He explained with a warm smile. Turning quickly to the captain he asked, "are you still stopping by to see Samuel?"

He whistled the tune again looking into her eyes, "One Eye'd William has a special place in his black heart for you lass." He handed her the locket that contained a young picture of her mother, slowly turned and took a couple of steps. Looking back over his shoulder he added, "now that your free I can offer you a fair job and answers... all you have to do is join the maelstrom." He turned and continued walking already knowing what her decision would be... even if she didnt care for answers who passed up the chance to be a legend.

As he walked he lit up a cigar and watched the side alleys for unwanted attention, his reputation was enough to keep all but the most bold away. The few that were bold enough usually had talents to back up their claims, luckily the only people the seer truely feared were hidden in remote spots across the yet unconquered parts of the globe. It was amazing how the most powerful figures always went off to hide, a concept he never did quite grasp.
User Image

The Captain didn't understand a lot of what the Seer was saying to the girl, and she didn't rightly care considering there was a steady line of men beginning to follow them from the bar. They were still a few blocks away from the Maelstrom, and her men were spread out across several taverns. Shaking her head as they briskly walked back towards the docks, she replied. "Unfortunately not, considering how important this girl is, I'll have to catch up with Samuel at a later date."

Rounding a corner, they walked towards a tavern with a black crow on its sign, The Raven. Splitting off from the Seer and Lily for a moment, she pushed in the door roughly and yelled inside. "All crew of the Maelstrom report for duty immediately! Spread the word." There were a few heckles from inside, fueled by alcohol, but most of the men staggered to their feet.

As she rejoined the Seer, who she sometimes called Huron but almost always referred to as the Seer, they finally began to walk along the wooden planks that felt more like home than the solid ground. Stopping Huron, she spoke to him plainly. "You have the ship until I return, I'll spread the word and 'speed up' the repairs...best get the men to prepare the guns just in case this lass' old Captain finds out where she is hiding. We'll set sail the moment we are able too..."

Beloved Spirit

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Lily wasn't sure about joining a lady that just tired to buy her but she didn't see it as she had much of a chose. She followed after the man that had released her form the shackle that was around her wrist and handed her a locket that had a picture of her mother. She was a little uneasy around him but she had tons of questions for him. She didn't know much about her family history nether her father or mother had told her anything about it but she know this was not the time for all the questions. If she was going to join the Maelstorm she need to get things that where left on the ship that brought her here.

"If im going to join you then I need to get my things to do what I do best and all that was left on board the ship that brought me here other then my Cookbook here." She said following man before looking over at woman that had helped her escape. "I can probably sneak back onto the ship and get my things. I'm sure the man would send ever in his crew to find me and get me back and they will be looking all over the port to find me and that would leave an opening to get back on the ship and collect them." 'And maybe leave him a very explosive surprise.' She said and thought stopping and looking down the rock for a moment thinking to herself before braking away from The caption and seer. She wasn't sure if they would follow her or not but she wasn't going to worry about it the less people that followed her the easier she should sneak onto the ship. She know where the ship was tho sneaking on it might be a little harder since she didn't know all the lay out of it but that wasn't going to stop her ether. she know where her cabin was and that is all she needed to know.

Partying Reveler

User Image
Huron nodded to the young lady with a grin, as she began sneaking toward the ship he disapeared into the shadows. For the most part the trip was uneventful, one unfortunate man had the misfortune of discovering a bullet in his chest. He descovered it as he plumeted from a rooftop to the streets below with a sickening crunch. After about half an hour the ship came into sight, it was currently being manned by a skeleton crew. Deciding she needed to do this herself he remained a short distance away and waited to see if his help became needed, looking up at the ships flag he chuckled to himself warmly.

Dapper Gekko

She was already back on the ship. She was singing quietly, already washed and almost done loading the last of the food stock into the galley and storage. She always preferred to do it herself. Kept hands out of the cookie jar, as she put it. Once she had finished loading everything and putting everything away she had a bottle of rum in her hand. She took a swig and glanced at the men returning to the ship.
"Oi, what's going on now?" She asked.
"Cap'n said to report back to the ship, that's all I 'eard mum." One told her.
Kelly shook her head. "So much for a peaceful night to m'self. Didn't even get a chance to pick up a new apron. Better be a bloody good reason for this one." She said mostly to herself as she corked her small bottle of rum and put it in the pocket of her apron.
Kelly leaned on the rail watching the men making sure none of them fell into the water trying to get back aboard the ship. It always amused her. She was still trying to figure out how some of them got drunk so dang quickly.

Valdis

Valdis stumbled back onto the ship, swaying slightly as she hastily tried to re-tie the laces of her bodice. She wore a tightly fitted gown, blood red and embroidered with black lace. It was cut low, and ended high on her thighs in the front, flowing into a long train. Her long, ebony hair was pulled into an elegant braid, flowing over her right shoulder. A holster hung from her hips, her scabbard tucked safely inside, along with her carved pistol. "Roseline, a little more warning next time would be appreciated, lovely." She chirped pointedly, narrowing her eyes at her captain. Valdis' eyes flashed in annoyance, bright yellow and piercing. She snapped her fingers at one of the deckhands, gesturing at her laces and staring with hostility at the girl. She expected an explanation, as First Mate and friend to the captain. Valdis had been trying to steal material for the masts, and had the shop owner in the palm of her hand before being dragged out of the store by a crewmate. Furious, was an understatement when it came to her current emotions, and her patience was wearing thin.

Once her bodice was properly tied, she shooed away the deckhand and pulled her daggers from a sheath on her thigh. Valdis fanned them delicately in her hands, giving the captain time to find her words. Sighing, she flicked the daggers back together, and glared at her Captain."I'm waiting, Miss Roseline. I do think I warrant some form of explanation, don't you agree?" She asked, chin held high and hands on her hips.

Standing at the end of the dock, overseeing the crew coming back from their short escapes, Roseline was confronted by an annoyed Valdis. The woman was a worthwhile asset, and someone who Roseline could rely on in a fight, but her attitude sometimes wore on the Captain. As she was questioned regarding the reasons for cutting their stay short, Roseline watched the Seer for a moment as Lily crept aboard a ship that was far to close for comfort.

"Valdis, my beautiful and deadly friend...OUR stay has been cut short at the bequest of our old friend," she nodded to Huron, "...and perhaps also because we might have started a little war with that neighboring ship." She added that last part a little sheepishly, but also with a twist of enjoyment.

"Also...seeing the annoyance plastered over your face I can sense you were unable to obtain the supplies we needed. No fault of your own, obviously," the Captain grinned, watching as the last of Valdis' bodice and dress were put back into their rightful order. It was obvious that Roseline knew exactly what the other woman had been up to before getting recalled. "Considering this ship isn't moving fast without that mast, you will return to 'obtain' them...with force if necessary. Take some non-essential crew with you and be quick about it. We'll make repairs at sea."

Not giving the woman a chance to refuse the orders, Roseline quickly walked up the ramp and found Kelly on over-watch.

"Evening," Roseline greeted, "Could you see to preparing the Seer's room for this trip, he'll be rejoining us. And we've also picked up a new set of hands for the journey, a young girl who's talents we require. See that she has somewhere safe and dry to work...and those are two very necessary requirements for what she does. Let's say she has an explosive personality."

Heading for the ramp again, she turned and shouted back. "We'll set sail as soon as the crew is all on board...we might get a little trouble from that ship over yonder, so if you see's its activity pick up, best be on alert for a fight."

With that, she headed back into the town to gather the stragglers, and stop off to see how persuasive Valdis was being.

Valdis

Valdis scowled, glaring daggers into her Captain's retreating back. She was furious, considering she had been ordered onto the ship, only to be sent back to retrieve the material she had already nearly obtained. Screeching and pointing with her daggers at two of less experienced deckhands, she stomped down the ramp into the night, anger coursing through her veins. She spun her daggers distractedly in her hands, trying to calm her tested temper. She took several deep breaths, regaining her composure as she reached the shop doors. Glancing to either side, she nodded at both the crewmates and strode through the shop doors, exuding confidence. She walked to the back, where she had left the store owner tied to a chair, bound tightly with sailor's knots. Maliciously grinning, she walked over to the man, straddling him and drawing delicately on his neck with one of her re-sheathed daggers.

"Now, lover dearest, you have something I need, and if you're naughty, I'll have to resort to less pleasurable means of obtaining my information, understood?" She asked playfully, pausing to wait for his hurried nod. "Good boy, now, where is the material suitable for repairing masts?" She cooed, her dagger at the owner's neck. He swallowed audibly and jerked his chin towards a large crate in the left-hand corner of the room. Smiling garishly, she climbed off the man's lap and strode towards the wooden box, motioning for the boys to follow. She lifted the lid, giggling in excitement as she saw the expansive swaths of cream material. Pointing her chin at the crate, she spun on her heel and began to walk out of the shop, with the deckhands carrying the cargo dutifully behind. "Farewell, darling, until next time," she called, wiggling her fingers over her back at the captive owner, a cackle escaping her ruby lips.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff