Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Reveler

The heavy waves crashed into the ship causing it to pitch back and forth violently, despite the dangerous conditions the Maelstrom's seasoned crew was on deck to watch the fall of a legend. Captain Hicock stared at the Seer with hate in his eyes, "I will not give up the Maelstrom, and I don't give a damn about your rules! Whats the point if no one knows?" Huron replied calmly, "you swore an oath when you took the mantle of Captain... an oath you have broken, your reign is over and if you have a problem with that you will have to take it up with Davey Jones." In the blink of an eye each man had his gun aimed at the other, two loud shots seemed to suck all of the noise from the deck. A moment later the late captain slumped to the deck, without hesitation Huron headed for the wheel barking orders, "all hands to stations, we sail for Badab!" The last part came out a whisper lost to the howling winds, "we have a new legend to find."
Story so far

The last three free pirate cities form The Triad, Badab is the largest followed by Tortuga and Liar's Bluff. Opposing them is the East India Trading company, supplied and paid by various countries with a shared interest in halting pirate activity. The war has been raging for years, and after alot of ground lost the pirates finally forced a standstill by using tactics and well defended territory. Now both sides are on a search for anything that can tip the balance in their favor, weapons, technology, and even legends. Many unexplainable things have been found and lost around the globe and each side hopes to find the key to victory amoung them. It has been five long years since the last appearance of the Dread Pirate and some of the older seadogs have speculated that the story begins and ends with a man known only as The Seer. It is even said that every once in a while he can be found at the Salty Dog tavern in Badab, is it just a legend or is the Maelstrom still out their waiting for a chance to strike?
Profiles

Partying Reveler

Rules

1. No godmoding, auto hitting, or otherwise making it unfun
2. Keep with the theme on weapons, ex. No lasers or automatic weapons
3. If your going to cuss do it like an adult
4. No cybering
5. A decent paragraph or two per post, give us something to work with sweatdrop
6. Dont disappear without saying anything and try to post every few days
7. Pm profiles to me "in jolly roger we trust"
8. Yay!

Skeleton:
Account name:
Character name:
Faction:
Weapons:
Bio:
Appearance: (non anime pic or good text description)

Partying Reveler

Factions

If you dont see a role you want feel free to ask I probably just didnt think of it, same goes for an EIC ship and crew. The first person to request will pick the name.

Maelstrom Crew:
The Seer- Huron BlackHeart
Captain Hicock- Roseline Vanguard
First Mate-
Ship Quartermaster-
Head of munitions-
Head of Assault team-
Crows Nest- Ruby
Canoneer-
Canoneer-
Rigger-
Cook-
Deck Hands
1-
2-
3-

East India Trading Company
Ceo-
Right hand-
Fleet Captain-
Head of trade-
Requisitions Officer-

Mercenaries

Partying Reveler

Weather

Wind- slow to the soutth
Sky- clear
Temperature: mid eighties
Humidity- low

Partying Reveler

Partying Reveler

Partying Reveler

The Salty Dog was as lively as ever, drinks, music, and even a barfight. This was freedom, your worth was decided by your aim and guts not the money your family had. Huron looked around the tavern at all the cut throats, thieves, and murderers... the only kind of people he could trust. Unfortunately they all lacked that certain quality he needed now, his search had just hit year six and it was unacceptable. Waving lazily to the barmaid, she brought another tankard which he tipped rather well for. Leaning back into the darkness of his corner he continued to wait, his eyes could be seen under the brim of his hat; they seemed to glow a soft blue. Hearing the music as if it was far away he began to sing softly as he focused on old memories, "a pirates life for me..."
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Captain Roseline Vanguard
Ship: Maelstrom

Waves lightly lapped against the sides of the Maelstrom as it sat docked. Most of the crew were waiting on deck, a few had already been given permission to disembark and head into town. They needed supplies and to dip their wicks into whomever would touch them. The Captain surely wouldn't. Hygiene seemed to be low on their priorities list, but they were lucky, towns notorious for brigands and illegal activities were full of people just trying to survive and people who had no qualms about a dirty pirate. With solid heeled boots, the Captain walked up the stairs to stand on the upper deck of her ship. She didn't wear the typical large feathered hat, and on some days you might assume she was just another one of the crew. Her brown hair was held back in a bandana, some portions wrapped tight in fabric and others had become deadlocks. Her eyes were bordered in black and red, and she wore oriental printed fabrics and fur. She was a Vanguard after all.

With a booming voice that could cause even the most rebellious of her crew to shiver, she addressed the dirty tired lot.

"Listen up! You've all put in a hard six months at sea and deserve a good rest. And I 'ave asked a lot of all of you along the way. But after capturing more than double last years takings I know it was worth it."

Waving over one of the more burly crew who was carrying a locked chest, she took a key from around her neck. Within a minute she opened the chest and picked up a handful of small pouches.

"Here be part of your pay. You know the deal, part now and a lot later if ye survive. Spend it well on whatever you want and keep out of East India's way."

Throwing the pouches one at a time to each of the crew, she made sure each and every one got their share. The men cheered as they fondled the bag of what must seem like a fortune. It was enough to drink their fill, buy new clothes, buy many women and live life until they set sail again. Many men began to head for the ramp but she held up her hand and stopped them.

"I have but one condition. Save the last for a good long bath before you set foot on my ship again. You all smell like pirates!" she laughed loudly, and they followed in suit before rushing off to find the nearest tavern.

Roseline made sure that the ship was right before they all departed. A small contingent of crew would remain, paid slightly more for the trouble, just to make sure the ship wasn't taken. It was half an hour later than the pirate Captain entered The Salty Dog and found herself a seat at the bar. Flicking a piece of gold and a glare to the barkeep, she was quickly handed an excellent bottle of rum and a very clean glass.

Casting her eyes over the crowd she could see many men looking at her, but she had fought several of them before, and for now trouble seemed to be keeping to itself. Then there was the Seer, sitting by himself, eyes glowing even in his dark little corner.

Partying Reveler

Huron watched the newest captain enter the Salty Dog, he was quickly growing more pleased with the decision. Her begining had been a rough one filled with hardships, her family had been sea faring; right up until returning to Davey Jones. Her past didnt matter, her appearance didnt matter; what mattered to him was the look that had been in her eyes when she had delared her captaincy. It was a look he had not seen in a long time, not since the original captain Hicock. With a smile he rose from his private table and moved to join her at the bar.

Even the drunkards knew to make a path for the shambling legend, as he sat down beside her the bartender replaced his tankard. "Good evening captain," he said as he glanced at all of their favorite low lifes, getting into their usual trouble. He sat for a moment in silence thinking about where to start, "if we are going to fight the East India trading company we will need things they cannot match, they have numbers and resources which leaves us legends and stratedgy." He pulled out a map that had various sized x's across the surface, "I have taken the liberty of marking known locations said to hold the lost artifacts of this world."

He slid it to her and watched as she inspected it, countless priceless items were waiting for anyone with the the guts to retrieve them. Each one likely had different defensive measures set in place, not to mention the EIC would be racing them every step of the way. Moving his finger to a small atoll outside of Tortuga he spoke again, "I believe this would be a good start, close to home and minimal enemies." The artifact said to be located there would prove vital to the rest of their mission, a perfect example of how the smallest items can make all the difference.
User Image

She felt his presence before he even sat down, but as he made himself comfortable she was holding back her remarks of happiness and excitement. Instead the contents of her glass were more important. He knew she wasn't one to give in too easily, although for him she made exceptions, considering she wouldn't be Captain if he hadn't thought her worthy. But the Seer, no matter how odd was wise enough to know a good idea from a bad one, whether that stopped him from going ahead with it was another thing.

As he spoke about the East India Company, she took a deeper drink until the glass was empty. The bartender reacted quickly and refilled her glass from the bottle she was purchased, and soon she took another deep drink as he pushed the map into view.

"Will this turn out to be an actual treasure? Unlike a certain expedition in the past that resulted in a chest full of old oyster shells..." she spoke with a hint of seriousness and playfulness. She wasn't really upset about that treasure, but it had caused the crew to doubt the Seer, something she had forcefully needed to deal with.

As if ignoring her own questions, she looked over the map, using her glass of rum to hold down one side and dragging a compass from her pocket to do the same to the other. This was not a proper nautical chart, but she would plot out a path later when back on board the Maelstrom.

"Getting there will be the easiest, and we can stop off to resupply before heading out again. Although we are down two men this time, our cabin boy fell overboard during a storm and our spotter was drunk in the crows nest one night. Gravity killed him, and stupidity. I can make do without the boy, but finding a keen set of eyes will be harder."

She took out a soft charcoal pencil and placed a few dots on the map. "New EIC ports..." she stated simply. It was a fact, a game of chess, nothing more. They took some, and the pirate life swayed others to open up their harbors for coin and trade. But they would only ever take Badab, Tortuga and Liar's Bluff with hostile intense force...and lots of death on both sides.

"What do I need to know about this artifact? And shall I prepare your cabin?"

Partying Reveler

The seer chuckled in amusement as she made a reference to one of their early voyages, like most captains she had misunderstood his message. Each location was special in its own way, sometimes it was treasure for the crew; other times it was for the unseen energy. The crew could not understand, but those oyster shells were merely a ruse he had seen past. "The items we seek have been found before, most of the pirate 'kings' of lore were merely clever men with powerful tools," he took a sip and continued, "even pharoahs and prophets have claimed these powers to further their cause."

"One such story is the tale of One Eye'd William, he was known for two things... unnaturally powerful explosives, and luck that perplexes historians to this day," he explained figuring she knew the story. "The explosives I believe to be the product of the Aether Vial, said to contain the secret formula of an old world alchemist;" he let the information settle for a minute while he drank. "Upon his death the ship was stripped as everyone tried to find the source of his luck, I personally believe it was the Jolly Roger that they buried him with... his journal indicated that he believed it to belong to Davey Jones himself." While Huron personally did not think Davey Jones had ever been a mortal, the flag had come from somewhere and was likely wrapped snuggly around the vial.

Finishing his tankard he finally brought his thoughts to an end, "and what pirate king doesn't get buried with a bit of gold eh?" The bartender filled the cup immediatly and was rewarded with a gold coin, he examined the new EIC ports she had marked. "Not bad... only one of them will be near our course," and judging by its location it probably had not become too bothersome yet he thought. He let his thoughts drift for a moment, if things went as planned the EIC was about to get a surprise. Then remembering her other question he replied, "and yes... i'll rejoin the Maelstrom tonight, there will no doubt be all manner of traps ahead."
User Image

So it would be a grave robbing mission, not the first in her years, but One Eye'd William was practically a god among men for his adventures over the years. But, for those brave and smart enough to find the tools he used to great effect, she supposed he might be less annoyed at getting disturbed.

"Well, I'll require two days at least to resupply, and I don't plan on calling the men back for anything short of an EIC attack. They have some strong demons to rid themselves of, and I'd prefer the fine women of this city do that, rather than the end of my whip. Also, the storm fractured the main mast coupling, and I've sent someone to the blacksmith to get a new one forged. Two days I suspect, even if I throw in a few threats to speed them up."

That was the main reason that she was not likely to leave straight away, but there were also selfish reasons too. It wasn't just the men that got urges. The problem was that her urges had to be hidden deeper than that of the crews, it would undermine her Captaincy to be seen flirting or bedding the men on her ship.

"Plus I'm meeting up with Samuel, and it would take a personal order on your part to make me pass up that."

Samuel was the closest to a lover or partner that Roseline had in Badab, and she always had time to spend a few days sleeping off a night or two of drinking under his sheets. He knew how she liked her men, and had only disappointed her once, since then there had been no problems.

She bit the cork out of the rum bottle and spat it onto the floor, taking a swig since her glass was indisposed.

"You're welcome to my cabin for the night, the ledger and supply manifesto are in the safe as usual. I'll return sometime tomorrow and plot a course if that would suit you..." she said, looking at him with the beginning of drunken eyes. "Unless you'll take me up on sharing my bed one of these days," she grinned, knowing he'd probably never do such a thing, although she didn't know his reasoning. She was a catch, even if most men found her intimidating.

He wasn't one of her crew, in fact, no matter what he said, she felt that he was her superior if not an equal.

Beloved Spirit

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
A young blue eye white hair girl stood on the deck of a ship that just arrived in port Badab. She wasn't part of the crew more a special prisoner of it. She had a metal cuff on her left wrist with a chain that lead to the first mate of the ships crew. The caption of the crew was letting her off the ship for a little but under the watchful eye of some of the crew. He didn't want his prized explosives girl to run off or be ran off with by someone. Someone with her skill and knowledge of explosives was very rare among pirates even if she was so young.

Lily held her special 'cookbook' under her arm as she walked down the ships gangway following close behind the first mate. She wasn't going to leave it on the ship where the caption to get a look at it even tho she was sure he wouldn't be able to ready any of it. It was all written in code that she learned form her father. It was the reason the East India Trading Company tried to make her keep on her fathers contract or kill her by throwing her over board. She wanted to get back at them for that and given the chance she would watch every one of there mines crumble under explosions and there fleet go up in flames.

Lily let out a soft sigh looking at the port buildings as she walked past them following behind the first mate. She wasn't to take a look at a few shops she spotted but the damn man leading her seem to only want drinks and lead her to the Salty Dog tavern. Walking into the tavern she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Partying Reveler

He chuckled to himself again at the captain, "I could not make such an order, go and enjoy Samuel's company." Taking a long draw on his drink he added, "...and in regards to your other proposition... we will talk once we have something to celebrate." He tapped the X on the map with a meschivious smile before rolling up the map and returning it to his coat, while her offer was tempting certain things had to be set into motion first. Spending time around the young bloods was always refreshing to the old seer, it reminded him of how his own journey had begun.

His thoughts wandered again, he had collected good information on powerful artifacts; unfortunately two in particular still eluded him. If the plan was going to go smoothly the last two pieces had to be recovered, it was at this moment he remembered how much he hated other pirates. Suddenly he felt a presence he had not felt in a long time, "he should be waiting patiently for us to rob him..." Slowly he turned to watch the door, a small shell of a pirate was dragging along a small girl by a chain.

When he realized what was going on a devious smile spread across his face, "Oh... and captain, that girl comes with us." The poor sod that held her prisoner was in for a surprise, no doubt his captain would be upset; but that was his own problem. "She will come in handy with the Vial... I can promise you that..." he was interested in seeing how the Captain handled the situation. Not to mention the things locked safely in the girl's mind, he doubted the girl even knew what she had.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces