Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: Cairin introduced himself to the guy.

Status: Healthy; a bit bothered.

Thinking: "This is going to be difficult."

Inventory:

A phone; wallet with an amount of money; credit cards; keys; pass-card; some writing tools.

Terriermonkey

It had to be admitted - the pants looked sort of strange on the guy - but it probably would have been the same for anyone else who would have worn or wanted them. In response to what the other man said - while not understandable - Cairin took a guess that it was a tone of gratitude - from the better-labeled or actual tone it had. Soon after putting on the cargo pants, the no-longer underwear exhibitionist went toward the store's exit - this direction the business man followed. If he was left alone - the unknown guy, he could start trouble, or just become lost; otherwise clueless about how things worked here - while it couldn't be much different than where he came from. Judging from his already-there tendency to actually wear clothes and be presentable - that similarity in civilization or group seemed likely: that was if he even came from somewhere other than here. ... While the guy stopped to twine the rope into a pattern, Cairin waited for him to stop before addressing him again.

Pointing at himself in a subdued away; not very long in duration or swift in movement; he said his own name. “
                                                Cairin.” This was done while the guy was looking him; there probably wouldn't be much or any mistake about what he was trying to convey. The hand pointing at himself fell; Cairin checking his pants for his wallet again before continuing to talk: this taking about ten seconds. They had to find somewhere that was a good place to get a handle on language, as well: this he stated, though still knowing that it probably wouldn't make sense to whoever this was, a name given back or not. “I don't know many people that would have majored in language background - and that would have time to teach someone long-term. Still, I could find someone who could be willing to work on your skills.” This was actually sort of out-of-the-way behavior for him, but leaving a random newcomer to this planet to get messed up wouldn't be the best thing to be on his conscience.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

Teuicui

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike says his own name, tries to explain to guy he needs hearing and visual aid to learn their language.

Thinking: "This never stops being a pain in the a**."

Well-being: Good

Items:

List: Knife, rope, stiletto, baggie,

Now THAT was a sign he'd understand anywhere, "Mike" He replied, pointing at himself. He heard the long sentence that followed, and assumed it could either be a long-winded explanation as to why he couldn't help any further, or some sort of question as to what he needed. Seeing that the guy didn't immediately leave, he headed to a patch of dirt and began etching, "I learn pretty quickly. As long as you can leave me somewhere that I can hear the language and see it used in context I should be fine." He drew three different images to help, all involving a stick figure looking and listening to something. The first was a tv with a speech bubble, then a crowd talking and holding objects, and the third was a small radio, again with a speech bubble. He got up, "I'm willing to do work. Any is good, as long as I can talk to many people." He pointed at his rope and did tying up, stabby motions, "You need anything... unsavory done, I'll do it for free. You helped me out, it's the least I could do."

Energy: 70%
Health: 100%

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: Cairin introduced himself to the guy.

Thinking: "Hm."

Inventory:

A phone; wallet with an amount of money; credit cards; keys; pass-card; some writing tools.

Terriermonkey

From seeing the guy point at himself, then picking up on what he said next - it was apparent that he had a intelligible name. So, it was apparently 'Mike' - there wasn't really a reason or thought that denied such as a complete lie, or a lie, though. There wasn't a reason to - in expectation. Since Mike couldn't really speak Alloirane well; any chance of lying would be moot - also from the great possibility that he wouldn't really know everything about how things went, here; if it was different than the other place he might have from - if it was at all like how things worked here - which was again likely due to his behavior and dress. If any thought was given toward expectations lacking qualities like this - it would probably have come from novels featuring encounters very unlike this; and that the aliens in such books and movies did not feature appearances entirely like Alloirons. Even the modes of communication were similar: Cairin followed Mike to the patch of dirt, watching him draw out a few statements: likely being about learning this world's type of dialog and how it could happen in a case like this. The stick figure was probably Mike himself - and the other objects were sort of obvious as well. Except, the crowd thing probably couldn't happen anywhere but on a film made for learning Alloirane; as getting people to do that would be nearly impossible, even with money.

Crouching down, Cairin drew a negative-cross symbol next to the crowd drawing, but gave the TV and radio pictures check marks to signify those things could happen. After that, the business man's attention turned to what Mike was doing next - that also being sort of clear. Manual, or closed and illegal work was either the message there; and either could be done. However, Cairin didn't really have anyone that needed to die, except... one or two people at the next area that Jarack would be going to. They were technically against him enough to attempt assassination or a lesser amount of harm toward that business partner. So, at that set of gestures, he nodded, but then pointed to the TV picture in the dirt. There was still the matter of that needed information capability. Giving yet another nod, besides the earlier three – Cairin turned and started walking back to his apartment after waving at Mike to follow. There was a TV there, and he also had access to a computer and printer. Those would be necessary for the guy to start picking up the language.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

Teuicui

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike follows dude to apartment

Thinking: "Man, wonder if the animals here taste good..."

Well-being: fine and dandy

Items:

List: knife, stiletto, baggie, rope, pistols

Mike was a little perplexed when the guy crossed out the drawing in the middle. Did they not have markets in this reality? It wouldn't be the strangest thing he had seen, but it still struck him as odd. He assumed that the guy had simply misinterpreted his doodle. He shrugged, and began following him. He took time to scan his surroundings. Everything was fairly similar to his last place. That was good. Meant he wouldn't stand out very much as long as he wasn't forced to speak. Lack of decorative vegetation hinted at some sort of agricultural struggle. He swore silently to himself. That probably meant the seeds he had brought with him wouldn't grow. He sighed. Oh well, just meant he'd have to find out what people ingested for fun in this dimension. He glanced about as they entered the apartments, trying to seem as less out of place as he could. He looked expectantly at the guy once they reached what he assumed was his front door.

Energy: 80%
Health: 100%

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: After entering the apartment, an internet search for key words starts.

Thinking: "I guess."

Inventory:

Terriermonkey

Right when they would get inside - it would be right to watching children's cartoons or series - at least for Mike. He really needed to learn the basics in a catchy way - even if he wouldn't like being subject to child-oriented programs. There was the front building door to open, first; then a trek up the flights of stairs occurred. Since Cairin's apartment was on the second floor, it took a little while to scale both sets of stairs. There wasn't any vegetation in here, as well; though - that was from the owner's policy to keep such organisms from making the floor dirty with dead leaves or flowers and dirt or water. 289: that was what was on the door, when they reached it. Removing the number was prohibited too - to keep people from being messed up, or the owner from a chance of wasting time looking for a particular pad. They, or at least Cairin, didn't really seem out of place, though - since no one was in the hallways on both floors they had been on - as far as could be known. The building had hallways and diverging corridors, so that could be wrong. It still wouldn't meant that Mike was out of place - there still being no one in sight. Because of that, the keys the business man used to open the door may have been a little loud; in perception but not in reality. As well, the door made a little noise while opening, but that was mostly ignored, too.

The interior of his apartment: could pass for really clean. Cairin had been really diligent in keeping that space clean, but having a guest wouldn't really be a problem, despite that fact. Even while Mike seemed a little loose in personality, in a sense, there wasn't really much worry that he might mess the layout up. After closing the door once both were through, the owner of the space flipped on the television, which was on the same wall as the door. A few channels were passed up: and: there was the TODDLER CHANNEL. “This might be annoying, but: it's necessary for now.” It was said with an apologetic tone; that being in the early middle to late half of the statement. To emphasize, he pointed at the screen, then went over towards his computer, turning it on again. Going straight to the internet, after it loaded. Cairin started searching for - and started to print out - some key vocabulary words and shapes or objects that were displayed next to them.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

Teuicui

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike sits down to service his equipment and watch a children's show.

Thinking: "Huh. Didn't think they'd have something like yo gabba gabba here."

Well-being: good

Items:

List: knife, stiletto, rope, 2 pistols

Mike entered the apartment. Small, clean. He'd certainly figured Cairin for the fussy type. He groaned when he turned on the tv to the kiddie show, but didn't complain further. At least someone was actually trying to teach him the language this time around. He sat down, and proceeded to take out his equipment one by one. Things had a way of coming undone when he traveled dimensions. He started with his knife. It was a vicious old thing he'd gotten from a war veteran. It resembled a standard combat knife, but was slightly thicker and bulkier. There were handmade notches on the flat end. There was a royal crest laser engraved on either side of the blade. In a sense, it was more like a sword's dwarf cousin than a knife. He eyed it from all angles, listening as the fuzzy critters on the tv counted to ten. He unscrewed the bottom, and let several rolls of surgical thread and a needle come out. There was also a small vial with a sick, green liquid. Satisfied with the state of that particular piece, he put it down and brought out his stiletto. From far away, it looked more like a particularly fancy plastic knife. Clear, with a dull finish. One side of the blade was smooth, and the other was very finely serrated pinting upwards. It was meant to deliver as messy a stab as possible while being able to be pulled out with ease. He put that one down without any thought. It was pretty much a piece of ultra-hardened plastic, if by some strange chance it had broken, there wasn't much he could do about it. He pulled out his pistols, twin pieces with a simple scorpion engraved on the handle. He began disassembling one and meticulously servicing and laying the pieces out on the table next to his knives, and then repeated the process with the other piece. He had the time, he was going to have to sit through a LOT of... whatever the hell this show was called to learn the language. He muttered some words to himself as he worked, trying to let his natural talent for linguistics do its thing. After about fifteen minutes, he was already pronouncing a few words properly.

Energy: 100%
Health:100%

Dapper Lunatic

12,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

After he was done explaining to them he smiled "Now go due whatever it is you need to do to blend in around here so we don't bring focus to me since not many people are recognizing me yet" he said the three nodding as they all left leaving only Jarack and Nohvi his smile fading as he faced her "I need to talk to you'" he said walking over to his expression serious "They won't except it but the other me will be planning to destroy me the only way he knows how. He will kill me and himself believing he has grown to weak. This is gonna happen so there is no time to argue but what I want you to do is make sure his plan to kill himself happens" he said looking into the woman's eyes "I say this because I have a plan that I will share only with you and you will share it with Kaine and the others when the time is right. I am sorry to put this wait on you but right now your all I have" he said and quickly pulled her in and whispered into her ear for a moment before letting go "Again, I am sorry" he said as his palm suddenly bashed into her forehead knocking her out this move being a martial art technique he had learned "This what I am about to do is a cowards errand and will not be the cause of more deaths" he said and left the secret H.Q his expression stern yet sad

User Image

Timid Kitten

User Image

"So, where are you taking me?" No response. Mia gave an exasperated sigh and continued to trot after her babysitter. They came to a halt, Mia having hardly noticed that they had come to a huge, empty, square room with an observation window above them. That was the last time Mia saw her babysitter, instead a new figure came flying at her.

Before she could react any further the girl was thrown to the ground, and a knife held at her throat. Mia struggled, fear on her face as she looked up at the figure above her. It was hard to tell what he looked like, the dim lighting and all, but Mia was certain his face was hidden by a mask. Her anger began to rise, the ground cracking below her as she tried to call on her powers. It was no use.

The man got off of her, putting his knife away and waving at Mia to come at him again. The girl gave him a look that pretty much stated her disbelief. She was hardly out of her bed and he wanted to fight her? That moment of her hesitation was the moment he set her trousers on fire. Mia screamed, swatting at the flames with her hands. She was really angry now! The flames were out, leaving her in short shorts, this didn't stop the girl dashing towards her assailant, swinging her fists at him.

¤.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤

Super Waffles

User Image

Short-View: Nohvi gets knocked out.

Inventory: A computer/phone and taser.
                          Abadon47

Thinking/Mood: ’Alright.’

Suddenly - but not really; since time passed between the conversation stopping, and Nohvi being left alone to answer or talk to Jarack - that sequence of cause and effect happened just a little quickly. She hadn't really been listening into the earlier conversation, before it stopped; but it had been a little hard to block it out - so the shorty knew at least some of what had been said. This didn't really prepare her for being told that she would be the keeper of yet another apparent secret; however, Nohvi listened, then kept listening - slightly past the point that he pulled her closer and whispered the plan in her ear. Making sure he killed himself - that would be sort of easy; but it really wasn't. It would be just another murder, but those sort of things were 'important' in the sense that they had the capability for producing guilt; and none of that stuff was good for her psyche. Passing on information would be easier, though; this was taken to mind, among other things, until Jarack bashed her in the head with palm. Then; there was pretty much nothing going on consciously in the shorty's mind; her body hitting the ground with a small amount of force; while not badly - even though having her skull connect with the ground hard to avoid. However, luck was there and it wasn't yet another big impact due to sliding. Saying something or getting something in, too, had become sort of impossible – while bigger a degree than just difficult.

---- Health

---- Energy

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike enters, begins doing maintenance on his weapons as he watches the kids' show

Thinking: "Huh, this show's kinda like yo gabba gabba..."

Well-being:good

Items:

Mike entered the room and took a quick scan of his surroundings. Clean. Very clean. He'd figured Cairin for the fussy type anyhow. He walked to the living room and groaned when he put on the kids' show. Still better than the last way he'd learned a new language, but still a pain in the a**. He sat down, and began inspecting his knife, hearing the fuzzy creatures on the tv count to ten. It was a nasty-looking thing he'd gotten from a war veteran. It resembled a combat knife, but was made thicker so it could stand sharpening for many years. It had a small royal insignia engraved at the base of the blade. He unscrewed the bottom, and let out various lengths of surgical thread and a needle, as well as a few vials labeled in different languages. he put it all back and put it down along with his stiletto. It was thin, and looked almost like a fancy plastic fork. Two-sided, with a serrated blade designed for messy stab wounds and smooth retrieval. He then took out both of his pistols, and set one down on the table. He began dismantling and meticulously servicing the one still in his hand, watching the show as his hands did the rest. He repeated a word or two on occasion, letting his linguistic skill take over. Within fifteen minutes, he could pronounce most words properly. Though he still had no idea what the hell he was saying.

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: The search stops; Cairin offers the papers to Mike.

Status: Healthy; straight forward.

Thinking: "Well..."

Inventory:

A phone; wallet with an amount of money; credit cards; keys; pass-card; some writing tools and a stack of papers.

Terriermonkey

The weapons didn't go unnoticed. Taking a casual glance over to he side: the blades were in plain sight, but were noted without much worry. For now, he was guy's main source of information; and he hadn't really done much in the way of making fun of him, besides those couple comments. At this was the case, doing anything else for that purpose wouldn't be wise. So, Cairin went back to searching the internet for a short while longer, while the guy continued cleaning his weapons. By now, about a couple dozen sheets had been chosen and picked out - they almost being finished printing. This took about another page to print out; after the machine stopped making noise, the man got up and retrieved them from the printer; looking them over through moving the pages around in a held stack.

Alright. Here they are." Walking across the small room, Cairin proffered the pages to the other man; holding them out to him after saying something else, in addition. “This." 'This' had been stated after a short pause; by Cairin's logic, that would might be the hardest to differentiate - that was: unless he repeated the word while indicating different objects. The ones on the page next to picture equivalents were enough for now, though.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

Teuicui

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike looks at the reading material.

Thinking: "yay! reading!"

Well-being: good

Items:

"Thanks!" Mike said in the new language as he took the stack of papers. It was one of very few words he began recognizing from watching the show. The yellow furry chicken thing clucked it out after anybody handed it anything or did anything remotely helpful. It was actually kind of annoying, and reminded him why he hated small children. He leafed through it. Thankfully, the guy had had the sensibility to include an alphabet. Still, he had absolutely no reference to what sound each symbol represented. Thankfully, it seemed that the kids' show was now beginning its literacy segment, as the chicken began clucking out sounds corresponding to symbols. Mike watched intently, mouthing the letters. This was going to be a relatively easy task. The hardest part of learning a language was always sentence structure. Everything else could be easily repeated and memorized, but it took a while to understand the flow of a language. Still, he was that confident that with diligent studying he'd be at least somewhat able to communicate with Cairin by the end of the day.

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: Paperwork can be important.

Status: Healthy; straight forward.

Thinking: "Hum."

Inventory:

A phone; wallet with an amount of money; credit cards; keys; pass-card; some writing tools and a stack of papers.

Terriermonkey

Tilt in posture; Cairin just looked at him for a second - sort of surprised. This guy learned sort of fast - but not unreasonably fast. If, besides 'Thanks', he had other words memorized, that would be sort of a good accomplishment. Cairin had expected this issue to not go as fast, since he had before held views that 'Mike' wouldn't be as quick a learner. Having such views debunked wasn't really a misfortune, since it meant that the other guy would be able to survive on his own in Alloir: such was also a positive outcome, since then he could also also finish or accomplish the hit Snarky-guy needed to be done, still. Cairin didn't put a lot of attention toward Mike in the few following minutes, however instead heading back over to his own computer to get some more work done. There were still a number of financial rates, and bond or bank share forms to fill out; this was started soon after leaving the outsider to get a better idea of the language on his own. Butting in to give lessons might not be as productive as letting him do such on his own, actually for the both of them. Clicking on the files symbol, Cairin started the paperwork, and being engrossed in doing such. This could take an hour or two to finish; that also a possible time period of progress for the person he wasn't actively assisting, as well.

"See you in a while, I guess." This, being said by the business owner while he had no plans to leave - the irony there sort of thick. Paperwork was hanging around waiting to be done, in general.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Hygienic Gekko

Teuicui

User Image

User Image

TLDR: Mike finishes servicing weapons, leafs through packet. Later asks Cairin for help.

Thinking: "I'll be your rooouuuundabouuuut, the words will maaaake you out and out, I spent the daay awwaaaaayyy~~"

Well-being:

Items:

Mike hummed lightly to himself as he finished putting his pistol back together. He'd managed to learn a few phrases from the kid's show, but reading the packet had been slow going. After all, he had little to no reference to what any of the symbols sounded like. After about half an hour of muttering the name for each particular letter, he decided he needed help. He walked up to Cairin and tapped his shoulder, "How do you say?" He pointed at a particular page that seemed to have a lot of the same symbols. If he could get an idea of what the common contextual pronunciation of most letters were, he'd be that much closer to figuring the language out. As it was, he could probably pass for someone with a speech impediment.

Super Waffles

User ImageUser Image

TLDR: Cairin assists with root words and pronunciation.

Status: Healthy; straight-forward..

Thinking: "There are a lot of roots here. Not a problem, yet."

Inventory:

Terriermonkey

The paperwork filling-out stopped; Cairin had needed a break, anyway. As, from getting up earlier than usual, the business owner was sort of tired - switching between tasks might sort of help him stay focused. This might be accurate, especially with the fact that this wasn't technically a page-by-page effort to list, sign, or mark things as read or ready to be submitted. Since Mike's speech was sort of still basic, he attempted to aim out his words as a bit simple, within this reply to the question. "This sheet has a number of basic letters: the simpler ones have two roots - one for one letter and another for a separate letter to come after the first." This was about as basic a structure he could think of - in a bit, if there was more confusion, a simpler pattern would be attempted. However, despite a couple doubt he had had or less so - still had, it seemed like the outsider/alien guy was picking up the language pretty quickly; a bit better than Cairin might have, as well.

Pointing to a particular symbol, he stated the phonetic concept behind it, with the indicated area being between the symbol and the example word near the other side, with an exemplifying image that also went with the similarly-purposed word. "That is 'Qo' or 'Koh' - it means 'bird' or 'birds'." It was the best one to pick out, at least in the range of 'K' - since it had a simpler meaning than others relating to it structure-wise on the page. After pointing out the meaning and pronunciation, Cairin started to go down the list a little after a moderate-sized pause; this being to allow Mike time to memorize each root in succession - even if so far Cairin had only gone over four.

Energy

Health

OOC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out