Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Galaxy

13,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Sakura is just useless she doesn't know how to use her powers yes, but why did kishi make her like this? I kinda agree that he's a little sexist but not all the girls are useless look at Temari for instance. Shes amazing and kicks a**! Just look at the situation with Shika I mean he's lazy as hell! So really he isn't that much a sexist but yes most of the girls are good for nothing. If Kishi wanted to change that fact he would've done it a long time ago.
deadly_shino
idk she just is i guess but she not that useless she gots the POWA!!!!! of healing
i guess
Momo Saki-chan
Sakura is just useless she doesn't know how to use her powers yes, but why did kishi make her like this? I kinda agree that he's a little sexist but not all the girls are useless look at Temari for instance. Shes amazing and kicks a**! Just look at the situation with Shika I mean he's lazy as hell! So really he isn't that much a sexist but yes most of the girls are good for nothing. If Kishi wanted to change that fact he would've done it a long time ago.

Never said Kishi was sexist, hell Temari, Hinata and Tsunade are all pretty badass, just wonder why he made Sakura the useless one, being a main character.
Eh, firstly let's lay off the name-calling, I'm certainly no ma'am I work for a living! wink Secondly, you have lotsa good points there, but i simply cannot agree. Not completely anyway, some of it is pretty convincing. However I feel that Kishi makes her stereotypical in the sense that when Sasuke comes into the picture she becomes a whimpering simp. I find it highly unbelievable that she goes from being competant to whiny and lovelorn. I don't think most girls are so stupid as to keep pining over someone who's done such awful things. Guess Kishi must think women are obsessive love-crazed fools. Not to say some women aren't, cuz we know there are lotsa idiots out there, but if Sakura is supposed to be such a strong character like he tries to portray, then she shouldn't act like THAT!! It's severly disappointing. I'm tired of women acting like that, I like to see emotionally strong ones. Not like they have no friggin' emotion, but where they are strong enough to stand against something or someone they love for something they truly believe in. And Sakura failed terribly. I couldn't believe how she fumbled her attack on Sasuke after all the character development she went through, it's like she went back to square one. Hopefully she will develop further, not needing to cling onto her unrequited love, because until she does, she's just another horrible female stereotype to me. Hell I think in the end of the manga, SHE should be the one to kill Sasuke instead of Naruto, that would definitely redeem her in my eyes. I am also quite enjoying this debate. 3nodding
that's like asking if aliens are real........NO ONE KNOWS!

Feline Galaxy

13,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Zain Stark
Momo Saki-chan

Never said Kishi was sexist, hell Temari, Hinata and Tsunade are all pretty badass, just wonder why he made Sakura the useless one, being a main character.

I never said you did. But yes Temari and Tsunade and Hinata can kick a**.
Momo Saki-chan
Zain Stark
Momo Saki-chan

Or sorry, you're right you never said I, did I just assumed it cuz it was somewhat offtopic from my Sakura hate rant ^^
I dont like Sakura Either.
She should of already know that Sasuke didn't like her that way.
But she didn't give up on likeing him and Saving his Emo-a**.
Tobad she Failed many times, but she didn't give up on that Lozer.
I Like her Pink hair and her Anger, it's Funny!
But the blushing and Swooning around Sasuke made me so Mad because iunno.
It seemed Wrong to do so around a Emo kid like him.
But most girls like Emo-guys and dangerous a**-Holes!
So whatever!!
Hehe.. And her Strength actually made her alot Better!
And the Healing stuff is pretty awesome cause i thought she was goingt o be Pathetic for the
whole Season's or SUmshit!
But she pulled through!! biggrin
Arikaz
Eh, firstly let's lay off the name-calling, I'm certainly no ma'am I work for a living! wink
Sorry Arikaz-san, that was inappropriate of me. On a completley unrelated note, are you(or anyone you know part of the military?
Shafik-cso
But Kishi isn't afraid to give his characters flaws. He isn't afraid to force them work hard to earn the right to be called heroes. It would have been so easy for Him to have made Sakura into the stereotypical, token female action hero like you see dime-a-dozen in every Hollywood movie or video game. The kind of female character who’s thrown in as a fanservice(she'd have bigger breasts); something for boys to ogle and girls to MS (mary-sue) the hell out of. Oh, some people still do it, but not as much.

The eight heroine archetypes.

The BOSS: a real go-getter, she climbs the ladder of success. This is a “take charge” female, who accepts nothing but respect. Reaching her goal post the most important thing in life to her, and she isn’t bothered by a few ruffled feathers along the way. Think Annette Bening in American Beauty, Candice Bergen in Murphy Brown, Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth.

The Seductress: an enchantress, she gets her way. This is a lady who is long accustomed to sizing up everyone in a room the minute she enters. Mysterious and manipulative, she hides a streak of distrust a mile wide and ten miles deep. Cynicism guides her every action, and her tough sense of survival gives her the means to do whatever is necessary to come out ahead. Think Liz Taylor in Cleopatra, Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, Vivian Leigh in Gone With the Wind, Madonna in Evita.

The SPUNKY KID: gutsy and true, she is loyal to the end. She is a favorite of many writers, and for good reason. You can’t help but root for her. She’s the girl with moxie. She’s not looking to be at the top of the heap; she just wants to be in her own little niche. She’s the team player, the one who is always ready to lend a hand. Think Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle, Melanie Griffith in Working Girl, Mary Tyler Moore in The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act, Fiona in Shrek.

The FREE SPIRIT: eternal optimist, she dances to unheard tunes. Playful and fun-loving, she travels through life with a hop, skip and a jump, always stopping to smell the flowers and admire the pretty colors. She acts on a whim and follows her heart, not her head. Think Jenna Elfman in Dharma & Greg, Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy, Alicia Silverstone in Clueless.

The WAIF: a distressed damsel, she bends with the wind. She’s the original damsel in distress. Her child-like innocence evokes a protective urge in the beastliest of heroes. But don’t be fooled, because the WAIF has tremendous strength of will. She won’t fight back; she’ll endure. Think Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz, Marilyn Monroe in The Misfits, Peta Wilson in La Femme Nikita, Demi Moore in Ghost, Halle Barry in Monster’s Ball.

The LIBRARIAN: controlled and clever, she holds back. She’s prim and proper, but underneath that tight bun lurks a passionate woman. Dressed to repress, she might be the know-it-all whose hand is always up in class, or maybe she is the shy mouse hiding in the library. Think Kathleen Turner in Romancing the Stone, Ellen Barkin in The Big Easy, Shelley Long in Cheers, Gillian Anderson in The X-Files.

The CRUSADER: a dedicated fighter, she meets her commitments. No shrinking violet, no distressed damsel, here. This lady is on a mission, and she marches right over anyone in her way. Tenacious and headstrong, she brushes off any opposition to her goal. Think Diana Rigg in The Avengers, Sigourney Weaver in Alien, Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Lucy Lawless in Xena, Warrior Princess.

The NURTURER: serene and capable, she nourishes the spirit. Not always Suzy Homemaker, this lady takes care of everyone. She is a wonderful listener, and a joy to have around, this heroine takes care of everyone. She’s serene, capable and optimistic. Think Michelle Pfeiffer in Ladyhawke, Alicia Nash in A Beautiful Mind, Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins.

Quote:
Sakura is not "the female" of the team, she is, at least to me, Sakura first. She is such a unique and real character that it makes it hard for people to shove her into the styreotypic box. Were this the stereotypical story a lot of people try to make it, Sakura should fit into some type of mold. But she doesn’t, and that frustrates tons of people who refuse to see what is as opposed to what they want to see. Those who won’t adjust their preconceptions will either a. pretend she fits into the box, or b. hate her for not fitting into the box and call her an awful character. Sakura fit’s in her own unique niche in team 7 and has her own role in the story. It’s not an accident, Kishi knows what he’s doing.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Shafik for president? heart

It's nice to see this thread more like a debate than another typical bash party.
Momo Saki-chan
Zain Stark
Momo Saki-chan

Or sorry, you're right you never said I, did I just assumed it cuz it was somewhat offtopic from my Sakura hate rant ^^
Peltrow
You want the true reason she couldn't kill Sasuke? He's protected by flawless plot shield. Sasuke has been in a dozen near-death situations in the past hundred chapters and he ALWAYS gets away no matter how stupid the reason.

Anyway, ew. Another one of these threads. Too lazy to bother throwing another essay-response that'll get ignored by all the haters anyway.

It's not that it's an essay response it's the LENGTH of the essay response, I liked your plot shield theory to be honest razz
Peltrow
You want the true reason she couldn't kill Sasuke? He's protected by flawless plot shield. Sasuke has been in a dozen near-death situations in the past hundred chapters and he ALWAYS gets away no matter how stupid the reason.

Anyway, ew. Another one of these threads. Too lazy to bother throwing another essay-response that'll get ignored by all the haters anyway.

It's not that it's an essay response it's the LENGTH of the essay response, I liked your plot shield theory to be honest razz
I dont like her eather burning_eyes ...but they do have some girls who make up for her...right?
Some one needs to tell her shes SLACKIN! rolleyes : neutral neutral neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces