Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sakura has been the most useless main character, she was so weak Kishi (owner on Naruto) gave her a "could kill you with one punch technique" and she still fails hard, in her bout against Sasori she literally should've died 8 times without the help from Granny Chiyo but the one thing that absolutely put me over the edge...

SPOILER- ONLY FOR THOSE UP TO DATE WITH MANGA

...was her pussying out when she the perfect chance(s) to kill Sasuke in a weakened state! For god sakes he doesn't give two craps about you Sakura and he hasn't from episode 1, all he wants is to destroy Konola, get that through your blonde (dyed pink) skull!

TL;DR: Sakura is a dumb, talentless, emotional, weak(ignoring her wonderful power she never utilizes), subplot so Naruto has more motivation of tracking, catching, befriending again, or (hopefully) killing him! My question is WHY?
Zain Stark
Sakura has been the most useless main character, she was so weak Kishi (owner on Naruto) gave her a "could kill you with one punch technique" and she still fails hard, in her bout against Sasori she literally should've died 8 times without the help from Granny Chiyo but the one thing that absolutely put me over the edge...

...was her pussying out when she the perfect chance(s) to kill Sasuke in a weakened state! For god sakes he doesn't give two craps about you Sakura and he hasn't from episode 1, all he wants is to destroy Konola, get that through your blonde (dyed pink) skull!

TL;DR: Sakura is a dumb, talentless, emotional, weak(ignoring her wonderful power she never utilizes), subplot so Naruto has more motivation of tracking, catching, befriending again, or (hopefully) killing him! My question is WHY?

Why, what? you seem to already have your mind made up. Character wars never seem to be resolved because both sides have no desire to change.

Beloved Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
Eh...u got kind of a point...she has been useless for a long time...Her Cha! sht still fails lol...And Lady Sunadei should have trained her better...O and sasuke does care about her a little...but thats only on a whim...he doesnt give a damn about her the rest of the time...
idk she just is i guess but she not that useless she gots the POWA!!!!! of healing
Shafik-cso
Zain Stark

Why, what? you seem to already have your mind made up. Character wars never seem to be resolved because both sides have no desire to change.

The point is to get those who are neutral or also Sakura haters to offer their reasons why, and to troll the people who like this useless character
Zain Stark

Sakura's the typical manga character that always messes up even when she tries her best...just like kagome from inuyasha and orihime from bleach. but yeah when i read that manga chapter i was so pissed that i started yelling at sakura at my computer screen! She had two awesome chances to kill sasuke but she's like "i cant do it..." Sasuke was going freakin blind and she still messed that one up!!!!! stressed
Okay, I'm for debating anything.

I like Sakura because she's human, she wasn't supposed to be perfect. You can't say she's 'better' then other characters, she's normal and part1 is a spoiled brat. Actually, if anything she's even worse. And I absolutely love that. Most writers make their heroes inherently super-powered saints in the making(Compare to Inyuyasha or avatar) But Kishi isn't afraid to give his characters flaws. He isn't afraid to force them work hard to earn the right to be called heroes. It would have been so easy for Him to have made Sakura into the stereotypical, token female action hero like you see dime-a-dozen in every Hollywood movie or video game. The kind of female character who’s thrown in as a fanservice(she'd have bigger breasts); something for boys to ogle and girls to MS (mary-sue) the hell out of. Oh, some people still do it, but not as much. Sakura is not "the female" of the team, she is, at least to me, Sakura first. She is such a unique and real character that it makes it hard for people to shove her into the styreotypic box. Were this the stereotypical story a lot of people try to make it, Sakura should fit into some type of mold. But she doesn’t, and that frustrates tons of people who refuse to see what is as opposed to what they want to see. Those who won’t adjust their preconceptions will either a. pretend she fits into the box, or b. hate her for not fitting into the box and call her an awful character. Sakura fit’s in her own unique niche in team 7 and has her own role in the story. It’s not an accident, Kishi knows what he’s doing.

ShiningAce's Husband

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Shannaro! scream scream scream
Akatsuki Missing-nin
Zain Stark

Sakura's the typical manga character that always messes up even when she tries her best...just like kagome from inuyasha and orihime from bleach. but yeah when i read that manga chapter i was so pissed that i started yelling at sakura at my computer screen! She had two awesome chances to kill sasuke but she's like "i cant do it..." Sasuke was going freakin blind and she still messed that one up!!!!! stressed

Yay I wasn't the only one to yell at my computer screen when she did that XD

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kishimoto wanted a girl to even out the gender ratio...
Zain Stark
Akatsuki Missing-nin
Zain Stark

Yay I wasn't the only one to yell at my computer screen when she did that XD

haha i yell at my computer screen whenever i get pissed off at a character lol sweatdrop
Well I'd hafta say that Sakura IS a stereotypical character. She plays the damsel in distress role flawlessy, even considering she should be capable of taking care of herself. Especially where her love interest is concerned. Gee... I've never seen that premise in ANYTHING before....oh wait... That's like a ton a female characters...! stare As for the whole, she's not perfect so it makes her more real, idea. Umm, doesn't that also apply to a ton of other female anime and manga leads? Yeah I believe It does so, no, she is not original. Now don't mistake my intentions, I don't hate her, but she's certainly not my favourite. I just don't think she deserves kudos for being original when she is just as Mary-Sue as any other female protagonist. confused

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She's a 15 year old girl for cripes sake. rolleyes
She's obviously more adept at using her medical skills than her strength. Most of the females in Naruto are bloody useless because Kishi is a sexist pig. Look at Ino and Hinata, they are just as useless. Sakura has broken away from them because she DOES have that power but Kishi is to lame to have her use it properly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
You want the true reason she couldn't kill Sasuke? He's protected by flawless plot shield. Sasuke has been in a dozen near-death situations in the past hundred chapters and he ALWAYS gets away no matter how stupid the reason.

Anyway, ew. Another one of these threads. Too lazy to bother throwing another essay-response that'll get ignored by all the haters anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff