Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

Certain things worked, like the whole team 7 aspect. But everything else just felt like fan service that had no merit.

Also I can't help but shake the feeling that because of the spin-off, we didn't get a true ending because we will just get to see everything all over again through their kids.

I don't hate it completely, but it's not what I was expecting. I personally think 699 was better than 700, and I'd even argue that the series could end on 698 and it'd still be a good ending.
To each their own.

Nerd

DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.
I just feel like certain things worked well, team 7, and naruto as hokage. But everything else just felt rushed, and honestly like the last chapter really was just to confirm pairings.

I wouldn't say I dislike it completely, but it's just got me scratching my head at how it all played out.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm good with the ending. Happy, happy, happy.
Anyways, one thing I'm wondering is, how many years have passed since the end of the war? Seriously, Iruka is look'n old as hell... and Asuma's kid looks about 12... so maybe 12 years?
Naruto would be lets see... 17 + 12 = 29? Hot damn... so maybe 29? Woah, or younger.
A lot of them looks like they waited till they were 20 or so to have kids. Maybe, idk.
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.
I just feel like certain things worked well, team 7, and naruto as hokage. But everything else just felt rushed, and honestly like the last chapter really was just to confirm pairings.

I wouldn't say I dislike it completely, but it's just got me scratching my head at how it all played out.

Oh no, it was rushed to high hell. I agree, but I prefer this because the last thing we need is another 10+ year long edition of "Story Time with Kishi!".
I took chapter 700 as merely a fanservice chapter, which is what I believe he was going for.
I'm guessing he'll fill in the blanks everywhere else now with the movie and mini-series.

Nerd

DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.

Oh no, it was rushed to high hell. I agree, but I prefer this because the last thing we need is another 10+ year long edition of "Story Time with Kishi!".
I took chapter 700 as merely a fanservice chapter, which is what I believe he was going for.
I'm guessing he'll fill in the blanks everywhere else now with the movie and mini-series.
Yeah I was just telling a friend now we all have to read the mini-series, cause it'll probably have all the closure 700 was supposed to have.
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.

Yeah I was just telling a friend now we all have to read the mini-series, cause it'll probably have all the closure 700 was supposed to have.

If I heard correctly, the movie is also canon.

Nerd

Itachi -ox
Anyways, one thing I'm wondering is, how many years have passed since the end of the war? Seriously, Iruka is look'n old as hell... and Asuma's kid looks about 12... so maybe 12 years?
Naruto would be lets see... 17 + 12 = 29? Hot damn... so maybe 29? Woah, or younger.
A lot of them looks like they waited till they were 20 or so to have kids. Maybe, idk.
Yeah I'm not sure about the time skip either, cause it kind of creates a scenario for me where who knows if that's Sakura's child. Cause it implies he's been gone all this time, so they could have had a real eventful goodbye when he left, or it could be another person's kid depending on the time skip and ages of the kids if they match up.

Nerd

DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.

If I heard correctly, the movie is also canon.
From what I understand, doesn't that just take place between 699 and 700?

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
Yeah I'm not sure about the time skip either, cause it kind of creates a scenario for me where who knows if that's Sakura's child. Cause it implies he's been gone all this time, so they could have had a real eventful goodbye when he left, or it could be another person's kid depending on the time skip and ages of the kids if they match up.

No in all honesty, I don't think that implies that he's been gone that long. I'm sure he hasn't been gone that long. In fact, he probably lives in Konoha and maybe he just goes out of the village a lot. Perhaps he seeks solitude sometimes. She did mention father and it flashed to Sasuke. So yeah, there's no doubt that it's his kid. But also, it is also Sakura's too. She did call Sakura "mom."
So it's not really that confusing. In the movie, which is cannon, it's a 2 year time skip since the war. Sasuke is shown in the village in the preview, so he does come back. Maybe he just seeks adventure? This ending is obviously years after the movie as well, because this is when Kakashi is still hokage. So yeah, it's a bit weird, but it does make sense.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
No doubt, Chapter 700 was for pairing satisfaction, but I still loved it

Nerd

Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

No in all honesty, I don't think that implies that he's been gone that long. I'm sure he hasn't been gone that long. In fact, he probably lives in Konoha and maybe he just goes out of the village a lot. Perhaps he seeks solitude sometimes. She did mention father and it flashed to Sasuke. So yeah, there's no doubt that it's his kid. But also, it is also Sakura's too. She did call Sakura "mom."
So it's not really that confusing. In the movie, which is cannon, it's a 2 year time skip since the war. Sasuke is shown in the village in the preview, so he does come back. Maybe he just seeks adventure? This ending is obviously years after the movie as well, because this is when Kakashi is still hokage. So yeah, it's a bit weird, but it does make sense.
Yeah I forgot he shows up in the movie. sweatdrop

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

It's all good. I'm just happy he wasn't gone too long. I guess that explains the raggity outfit he had on in the movie.

Nerd

Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

It's all good. I'm just happy he wasn't gone too long. I guess that explains the raggity outfit he had on in the movie.
Hopefully the movie dives into why we end up with what we do in 700. At least lay down the foundation for why choji ends up with karui.. cause that's so out of left field.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

Hopefully the movie dives into why we end up with what we do in 700. At least lay down the foundation for why choji ends up with karui.. cause that's so out of left field.

Yeah, I'd like to know these things too. I mean, it just seems like this ending was rushed. A lot more could have been added...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff