Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

No in all honesty, I don't think that implies that he's been gone that long. I'm sure he hasn't been gone that long. In fact, he probably lives in Konoha and maybe he just goes out of the village a lot. Perhaps he seeks solitude sometimes. She did mention father and it flashed to Sasuke. So yeah, there's no doubt that it's his kid. But also, it is also Sakura's too. She did call Sakura "mom."
So it's not really that confusing. In the movie, which is cannon, it's a 2 year time skip since the war. Sasuke is shown in the village in the preview, so he does come back. Maybe he just seeks adventure? This ending is obviously years after the movie as well, because this is when Kakashi is still hokage. So yeah, it's a bit weird, but it does make sense.
Yeah I forgot he shows up in the movie. sweatdrop

It's all good. I'm just happy he wasn't gone too long. I guess that explains the raggity outfit he had on in the movie.
Hopefully the movie dives into why we end up with what we do in 700. At least lay down the foundation for why choji ends up with karui.. cause that's so out of left field.

Yeah, I'd like to know these things too. I mean, it just seems like this ending was rushed. A lot more could have been added...
I think because the mini-series is on the way, it held back a lot of information that will just get shown.
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
fourth reich
DrunkBlackDocta
To each their own.
I just feel like certain things worked well, team 7, and naruto as hokage. But everything else just felt rushed, and honestly like the last chapter really was just to confirm pairings.

I wouldn't say I dislike it completely, but it's just got me scratching my head at how it all played out.

Oh no, it was rushed to high hell. I agree, but I prefer this because the last thing we need is another 10+ year long edition of "Story Time with Kishi!".
I took chapter 700 as merely a fanservice chapter, which is what I believe he was going for.
I'm guessing he'll fill in the blanks everywhere else now with the movie and mini-series.
Yeah I was just telling a friend now we all have to read the mini-series, cause it'll probably have all the closure 700 was supposed to have.

If I heard correctly, the movie is also canon.
From what I understand, doesn't that just take place between 699 and 700?
think so

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox
fourth reich
Itachi -ox

No in all honesty, I don't think that implies that he's been gone that long. I'm sure he hasn't been gone that long. In fact, he probably lives in Konoha and maybe he just goes out of the village a lot. Perhaps he seeks solitude sometimes. She did mention father and it flashed to Sasuke. So yeah, there's no doubt that it's his kid. But also, it is also Sakura's too. She did call Sakura "mom."
So it's not really that confusing. In the movie, which is cannon, it's a 2 year time skip since the war. Sasuke is shown in the village in the preview, so he does come back. Maybe he just seeks adventure? This ending is obviously years after the movie as well, because this is when Kakashi is still hokage. So yeah, it's a bit weird, but it does make sense.
Yeah I forgot he shows up in the movie. sweatdrop

It's all good. I'm just happy he wasn't gone too long. I guess that explains the raggity outfit he had on in the movie.
Hopefully the movie dives into why we end up with what we do in 700. At least lay down the foundation for why choji ends up with karui.. cause that's so out of left field.

Yeah, I'd like to know these things too. I mean, it just seems like this ending was rushed. A lot more could have been added...
I think because the mini-series is on the way, it held back a lot of information that will just get shown.

I hope they have a scene where Choji is sitting with his kid and she's like, "Dad, how did you and mommy meet?" and he's like, "Well, what had happened was..."

3,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm underwhelmed, as well. While I can accept NaruHina, it will still always feel just "meh" to me because Hinata is far from being my favorite character and I wish that Naruto could have ended up with someone more interesting. Since nearly all of Kishimoto's female characters suck, that's probably asking too much, but still...meh. I also don't believe for a minute that he always intended NaruHina. I think he was going to make it NaruSaku but was then convinced otherwise. (Studio Pierrot, I'm looking at you.) There are just far too many hints for that pairing that were obvious in my mind...the comparisons to Kushina, the parallells between Jiraiya/Naruto and Tsunade/Sakura, etc. Though I'm not really a fan of Sakura either. I think she should have gotten with either Sai or Lee, because her obsession with Sasuke was ridiculous and he made it clear throughout the series that Itachi, Team Hebi and Naruto were far more important to him than her. It just makes me feel pissed off for Sakura's sake. Also, in my mind both of these pairings sends the wrong message to young girls: if you keep pining and/or obsessing over your guy for long enough, eventually he'll decide you're worth his time, and you'll live happily ever after. rolleyes

My ideal pairings would have been something like:
NaruTema or NaruMovieChick (they were so much better than the canon girls)
SaiSaku or LeeSaku
ShikaIno
KibaHina
SasuKarin (or SasuNaru...*cough*)

While this last chapter wasn't as horrible as the Epilogue of Harry Potter, it still leaves the same kind of bad taste in my mouth. Could all their kids have been any more cliche? At least NaruHina's kids don't have the freaky white eyeballs.

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
^ The ending actually reminded me of HP's epilogue, except with more babies. It managed to not be as disappointing since, you know, no one's named after Obito.

It just feels empty. Even as someone who used to ship SasuSaku super heavy, (Key word here is: 'used'), I'm underwhelmed by their having a kid together/presumably being married because even with chapter 699 there to give us some positive interactions, it seemed to have not been given as much development as it needed for even her still loving him romantically to be believable to me. (And I realize someone's going to say, "She was in love with him for 434412239 years and he finally reciprocated! What more development do you need?" but that's not how relationships work.)

And I'm not even going to get on the fate of some of the series' big non-Uchiha villains like Kabuto and Ororchimaru. We coulda got a slice of a scene featuring Kabuto reconnecting with the other orphans or even running the orphanage to make sure what happened to him never ever happens to other vulnerable kids or Orochimaru skipping out on being punished for his crimes against humanity (I doubt he'd let himself be caught.) but instead we got: IT WAS BABIES FOREVER AND A LOT OF PEACE AND EVERYONE IS HAPPY. TIME FOR A NEW NARUTO SERIES!

I'm super happy about ChouChou and Shino being an academy teacher though.

Heroic Hero

First of all, it would have been nice to take away a few of the Kaguya chapters and reserve more for the ending (maybe if 699 was fleshed out over a few chapters, so we could see more stuff like Kakashi getting appointed Hokage, and we still haven't seen Kakashi's face! ). I was satisfied with the ending (you can't please everyone, and really high expectations) but with mixed feelings as well, though I will say that 699 could have been a definite ending for Naruto. 700 was good, but it gave out many spoilers for the upcoming movie and future. 700 feels like it could have been the start to the next Naruto part 3, but still with a lot of unanswered questions. Also some of the pairings seemed arbitrary, but I'm glad that NaruHina ended up together. If Kishi wasn't under the time crunch, he could have fleshed it out better, perhaps having it end on 706 or something with more details during the time skips.

But yeah... I feel sad that it's over. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces