Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Mark Twain 100
A place where you can rant your heart out, where you can go insane raping the keyboard, where you can... do this:

OMGWHYAMIDOINGTHISIAMSOINSANEOFRDOINGTHISICANTCOMPLETEITICOULDBESITTINGONMYCOUCHEATINGCHIPSBUTINSTEADIMTYPINGFIFTYTHOUSANDWORDSINAMONTHSOMEONEPLEASETELLMEWHATPOSSESSEDMETODOTHISOHMYGOD.

So if you need a break and need to smash some keys and go on about stuff no one cares about, this is the place you need to be.

The NaNo site has one, why shouldn't we?

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Heh. Just one question: How do you pronounce the thread's name, exactly? ~_^

...Good luck with your writing.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
I interchange between writing and drawing, I can't choose between the two. @.@

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Tala Grey

I feel your pain there. As long as I keep working on my story- when I get in the mood to draw, I'll take a break from writing and either sketch the characters or sketch a scene or setting or so from the story to keep my mind on track, or I'll jump back.

What really bothers me is when I'm writing one story and start getting ideas for another one. A solution I've found is to stop what I'm working on and jot down quick plot notes/ sketches/ outlines just to get the idea out of my head.

Beloved Fairy

I am already behind I just cut my finger washing dishes. I am pushing through the pain but, I am not typing as fast. Can't write by hand like I would normally do because the finger I cut is on my right hand and pretty important for gripping a pencil.

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
I have two tests, a quiz, and a paper due Friday but all I want to do is write my NaNo and drink.
I'm so sick of seeing the people who're claiming to have completed NaNo already. I mean, really, I'm not even at 10k yet, and it pisses me off because I feel like they're BRAGGING that they rushed through their likely low-quality novel. I mean, maybe someone could try to prove me wrong, but at this point I'm too annoyed to read anything from them even if it's pure gold literature. *w* Either they cheated, or they have robotic fingers, or they're unemployed and out of school and they have a limitless fount of inspiration.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Madam Chai
Tala Grey

I feel your pain there. As long as I keep working on my story- when I get in the mood to draw, I'll take a break from writing and either sketch the characters or sketch a scene or setting or so from the story to keep my mind on track, or I'll jump back.

What really bothers me is when I'm writing one story and start getting ideas for another one. A solution I've found is to stop what I'm working on and jot down quick plot notes/ sketches/ outlines just to get the idea out of my head.

Ah I hate it when that happens! >.<" I have to keep telling myself to focus on the main plot. The pictures I drew will be used for inspiration in later parts of the story.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Pumpkin the Bird
I'm so sick of seeing the people who're claiming to have completed NaNo already. I mean, really, I'm not even at 10k yet, and it pisses me off because I feel like they're BRAGGING that they rushed through their likely low-quality novel. I mean, maybe someone could try to prove me wrong, but at this point I'm too annoyed to read anything from them even if it's pure gold literature. *w* Either they cheated, or they have robotic fingers, or they're unemployed and out of school and they have a limitless fount of inspiration.

I find it impossible to believe that too. I dunno if I can spend an entire day and night and write 10-20k of words to finish NaNoWriMo in a few days. Unless they have a lot of pre-written content or were finishing up previous incomplete attempts/stories. Anyway, don't worry about it, just write when you feel like it. I'm spending my own time, writing in my own pace and taking breaks along the way.

Backwoods Abomination

I've written 10k in a day before, and I know I can write 750 words in 10 minutes.

It's a lot easier to write a lot of words if you have an outline ready, though, and those 750 words are just stream-of-consciousness and mostly consist of me railing against random things like Farmville and 'did you seriously write a fanfiction where the main character is angsting about there being no afterlife, even though he is a vampire and the setting canonically has ghosts and he has MET ghosts?'

(No, they did not go in my novel. They were a diary entry sort of thing)

(And as for the 10k day, I can't check to see if that was any good because I believe that novel was stored only on the two dead computers. Note to self try and get the laptop up and running somehow.)

Anyway, my rant: I CAN'T FOCUS. MY GOD I CAN'T FOCUS WHY. It's not even that I'm focusing on something other than writing, I just can't pay attention to one thing for more than two minutes. I have paused writing this post several times to do random s**t like check the news.

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
*rant*
I can go on for more but I need to go back and kick some freakin' badass protagonists to get somewhere than their cliched world.
LittleStevieHorseAndPhone
I have two tests, a quiz, and a paper due Friday but all I want to do is write my NaNo and drink.

This is basically what I'm thinking.
//rants

AKFHASKDJFHAKSDJFHAKL

;__;

gonk

I haven't even started yet and we're into the second week....

//fails epically.

6,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
OMGI'MTOTALLYGOINGTODIEBECAUSEICAN'TMAKEMYADDBRAINFOCUSPLUSMYBLOODSUGAR'SHIGHANDWHYTHEHELLAMIPUTTINGANAPOSTROPHEINTHEMIDDLEOFASMASHKEYBOARDRANTWHENITDOESN'TEVENMATTERSEETHEREIDIDITAGAIN.

Well, s**t.
Tala Grey
Pumpkin the Bird

I find it impossible to believe that too. I dunno if I can spend an entire day and night and write 10-20k of words to finish NaNoWriMo in a few days. Unless they have a lot of pre-written content or were finishing up previous incomplete attempts/stories. Anyway, don't worry about it, just write when you feel like it. I'm spending my own time, writing in my own pace and taking breaks along the way.

But isn't pre-written content that isn't purely outlining considered cheating? Like you're supposed to actually start and finish within the month of November, right? xD I think I can write really fast, and if I wanted to, I might be able to do 10k per day, but it's just a matter of how awful the literature would be and how off-course the plotline would go. owo So maybe I can understand writing a shitty 50k novel in like five days, but that's all.

Yeah, I'm thinking of just taking my time now *w* Even if I don't "win".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff