Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150
I wanted to kill-rage yesterday.
Wrote close to 2,000 words in a couple of hours (an amazing feat for me, a girl EASILY distracted) and my computer refused to save it for thirty minutes.

I nearly cried. D:
Disarming North Korea
Wrote close to 2,000 words in a couple of hours (an amazing feat for me, a girl EASILY distracted) and my computer refused to save it for thirty minutes.

I nearly cried. D:

It DID save though, right? gonk

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150
TT Snim
Disarming North Korea

I nearly cried. D:

It DID save though, right? gonk

Yeah, it did. I stayed up until it unfroze and would save. Thank gawwwwwwwd!~
I'm at 5,285 right now~
but that's not that much compared to yesterday. D:

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Morigale
I've written 10k in a day before, and I know I can write 750 words in 10 minutes.

It's a lot easier to write a lot of words if you have an outline ready, though, and those 750 words are just stream-of-consciousness and mostly consist of me railing against random things like Farmville and 'did you seriously write a fanfiction where the main character is angsting about there being no afterlife, even though he is a vampire and the setting canonically has ghosts and he has MET ghosts?'

(No, they did not go in my novel. They were a diary entry sort of thing)

(And as for the 10k day, I can't check to see if that was any good because I believe that novel was stored only on the two dead computers. Note to self try and get the laptop up and running somehow.)

Anyway, my rant: I CAN'T FOCUS. MY GOD I CAN'T FOCUS WHY. It's not even that I'm focusing on something other than writing, I just can't pay attention to one thing for more than two minutes. I have paused writing this post several times to do random s**t like check the news.

Your rant made me lol xD

I know what you mean about how it's easier to type when you have an outline and the words are just "stream-of-consciousness." If I'm in the middle of typing and I get this awesome idea about what's going to happen next, I'll go to Write or Die and it'll force me to spit the words out. Otherwise, I get so distra... oh hey! What's that over there? I think I'll go check it out, brb.
Disarming North Korea

Yeah, it did. I stayed up until it unfroze and would save. Thank gawwwwwwwd!~
I'm at 5,285 right now~
but that's not that much compared to yesterday. D:

Oh that's good. You made ME panic for a little bit. I have 15k+ words right now, and I'm saving constantly. When all is over I'll copy my 'book' to all 3 of my computers, and save it on my thumb drive. Maybe even e-mail it to my self. Paranoia starts to set in, you know, when you start reading about the horrors others have gone through.

Though, really, the words I've tossed on to the computer at the moment are pure trash, so loosing every thing wouldn't necessarily be bad, but it WOULD be a horrific setback. I'll have lost a weeks worth of mindless key pounding stressed

I wish you all the luck in the world. And I hope your computer behaves it's self in the future. heart
UGHIAMSOFARBEHINDTHISISWHATIGETFORBARELYWRITINGOVERTHEWEEKENDIMSUPPOSEDTOBEAT13KIAMONLYAT7ASGSHAD.GASDLHINEEDMASSIVEMOTIVATIONANDANALLNIGHTERIMIGHTNOTBEABLETOSURVIVE

//end rant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces