Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
And it's pure crap. I really need to edit it. OH well, that's what January is for.
Oh I just was so busy so I didn't write much...

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
she_flies

One of these days I'm going to be busy in November with a job and what not. But, until then, I'll enjoy the fact I have time to write.
YAY! *Dances with joy for you*

Pure crap is good, though! I have to rewrite mine from scratch. I think it's part of NaNoWriMo's charm. whee
Fireweed_honey
she_flies

One of these days I'm going to be busy in November with a job and what not. But, until then, I'll enjoy the fact I have time to write.

I'm in highschool and I still had no time. Maybe I'm just bad at time management.

Questionable Borg

TT Snim

Pure crap is good, though! I have to rewrite mine from scratch. I think it's part of NaNoWriMo's charm. whee
Why rewrite, why not edit?
Mayor Gravity

Partly because of just how scrambled things are. The story is supposed to be a good, old fashioned, murder mystery with electronic zombies, and lots of angsty near deathy goodness. The problem is with a mystery the clues have to be given in a particular order. If you screw that up the whole thing is shot.

I could take chunks of story from one point and move it to another to fix the time sequence of the clues and revelations, but then the character development is all messed up.

Besides all of that I wrote this whole thing in very poor form. Dialogue is all ended with 'He said' or 'she grumbled, the emotions are all splattered here and there and discordant with what's going on, and actions are scripted rather than shown properly.

Editing would ask me to rip out almost 75% of every thing and do a rewrite any way, so I might as well go the whole way and do all 100%

The thing is is I'm actually looking forward to the process. What I have now is like a really crappy TV show that I sort of got in to by accident, and now I want to write fan fiction for it that'll make the original show makers look like uneducated slime molds. xd

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Mayor Gravity
TT Snim

Well, I don't know about TT, but rewriting is how I edit.

Ruthless Flatterer

Congrats!
I just finished mine, myself.
59k overall.
Pure crap as well.

3,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Way to go! I'm so glad to see more people making it to 50K this year seemingly than last year! I made it to 50k as well, and agreed- major editing will be undergone in january

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff