Lady Ga Ga 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Katy Perry 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Eminem 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Daft Punk 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Kanye West 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 1 ]
I like all the above! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 >

I honestly don't care for today's music as much as I do for the 70s 80s and 90s. Now my favorite singer is Michael Jackson. That man is a legend! Now there are some other artists that I listen to such as Daft Punk, Eminem. Very few artists in todays generation will be able to stand the test of time. Your opinions? NOTE: If you do not agree with me that's fine. I respect your opinion. But please do not go off making hateful comments. Thank you.
XxBarney StinsonxX
Your opinions?

whatever
I can tolerate gaga but they are all pretty ******** horrible

Gracious Smoker

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200

Modern music SUUUUUUUUUXXXXX. Unless it's something unusual sounding, on some independent label.
I enjoy the witch house genre
It would fall under todays music because the genre was created around 2007/2008
but it's todays music that nobody really listens to

Friend

I love new music, and music from the past 10 years, just as much as music from the 80s and 90s. Which is all new music I suppose. I don't listen to toooo many things that came about before the 80s. I'd like to try to get to know earlier eras though.

Zealot

It only feels that way because we've had decades to filter out the copious amounts of s**t made then too.

There is always good music being pumped out.
Best musicians are alive right now. They'll die off and better musicians will take their place. There's always been a lot of s**t, we're just much more easily exposed now. Not to mention music is much easier to make.

Leaves a world of opportunity.

Friendly Friend

today's music is always better

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Most of the music that I know and love was written between the 60 and early 2000's, After that I don't know what happened. Its almost as if the music industry decided to start writing to the lowest common denominator and the result is some of the worst music to ever be written. Don't get me wrong there is still good music being writing and preformed, the problem is it seemed to be over looked, in favor of mediocre songs that some how seem to find their way into the spot light.
Indigo Kitsune
Most of the music that I know and love was written between the 60 and early 2000's, After that I don't know what happened. Its almost as if the music industry decided to start writing to the lowest common denominator and the result is some of the worst music to ever be written. Don't get me wrong there is still good music being writing and preformed, the problem is it seemed to be over looked, in favor of mediocre songs that some how seem to find their way into the spot light.
Thank you!!! Exactly!

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
XxBarney StinsonxX
Indigo Kitsune
Thank you!!! Exactly!

The thing is, is that there are still good songs being written, the problem is that most of them don't find their way on to the radio. For the most part when I do listen to the radio, I turn on the oldies station. Or I turn on my laptop and play music on Spotify or Pandora, that way at least I can find the old songs and every now and then something new that is good or at least fun and up beat.

Zealot

Indigo Kitsune
The thing is, is that there are still good songs being written, the problem is that most of them don't find their way on to the radio. For the most part when I do listen to the radio, I turn on the oldies station. Or I turn on my laptop and play music on Spotify or Pandora, that way at least I can find the old songs and every now and then something new that is good or at least fun and up beat.
That's because back in the day anyone interested in music would listen to the radio. Nowadays people who enjoy newer good music are typically reliant on the internet to listen to music, so no radio stations have come about that direct towards that audience. There are hundreds of online radio stations and even youtube channels that dedicate themselves to current good music.

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Dieu des hommes
Indigo Kitsune
That's because back in the day anyone interested in music would listen to the radio. Nowadays people who enjoy newer good music are typically reliant on the internet to listen to music, so no radio stations have come about that direct towards that audience. There are hundreds of online radio stations and even youtube channels that dedicate themselves to current good music.

The this is, is that you can stream just about every radio station on a computer, I do that some times. So over all I don't think that playing music on line is the problem. Take a look at Taylor Swift, most of her early music is good to decent, however her newest song Shake it off, is pretty bad.

I guess in the ended it come down to a mix of bad song writing, giving songs to the wrong artists, and what gets played on the radio.

For one thing Richard Thompson takes everything good about the song Oops I did it Again and manages to make the song grate. While in the hands of Britney Spears, the song is bubblegum pop. I do like what both of them do with the song, but I would probably take Richard Thompson over Britney Spears every time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff