Welcome to Gaia! ::

Or just why do people hate Muslim? Or just Islam?
People kept calling them ''Terrorists'' while they're not.

Explain why?

I pity my friend and she wants to know why people do so.
Why do people hate Islam.
She follows the the Islam rule; she fasts, she pray. She covers herself. She's very pure and nice.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
People feel, that Islam if properly expressed on the total level it should be, can't be compatible with a lot of non-islamic societies, and to an extent this is true.

But there are less justified reasons, based around just general fear mongering and hatred or generlisations.

There are as many reasons as there are people.
Unnoticed Person

Explain why?

She follows the the Islam rule; she fasts, she pray. She covers herself. She's very pure and nice.
meh. the short version is:
They've (meaning people of technically the same religion, even though often located in another country and culture) been doing a lot of high-profile and anti-west stuff for a while. They (still referring to the group with a big-a** brush) are still in their version of the dark ages in many respects. They threaten, and occasionally carry out threats on, people who oppose them, question them, break their rules (even if said person isn't from their or part of their religion), and overall behave like douches to most people from 'civilized' society (aka the west. It is the only civilized region after all. hem-hem. ).

The fact that the US is 'democratic', assertive, and so strongly christian doesn't help things either, since both sides can puff up their chest and call it a religious war, or for god, or to free the people, or whatever tripe they feel like (propaganda doesn't need to be true, it just needs to motivate). Those tensions trickle down and enrich the already nicely simmering hostilities, and you're left with a nice batch of bigotry. Everyone gets a share, and nobody realizes how big their dose was until it's all done, if then.

I wouldn't quote me for a paper, but that basically sums up how I see the situation. Well, the short-short version is "People are, usually, inherently xenophobic mules". The short-short-short version is simply remove the "usually" from the short-short.

btw, cute pic. Feel pride swell within you, for you are cute. whee
People hate fanatics. People attributed that which a fanatic does, esp. in the cases of extreme violence, to the whole population dealing with their ideals.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I wasn't aware that hate groups were recruiting all people. I also wasn't aware that I had been recruited into this hate group.

Who is their leader? They should stop writing the names down of people who do not agree with their views.

I do not hate muslims, and i'm confused as to how i got a membership into this particular hate group without signing up.
Unnoticed Person

Explain why?

Displacement (psychology)

Unnoticed Person

Pity
People hate Islam because they are displacing their anger at things that they have no comprehension of. It's easier to hate an entire group of people based on something like gender, sexual orientation, or religion rather than to sit down and figure out what the actual problem is, who is responsible for it, and what means need to be reached in order to fix it.

Personally I blame a lot of the hate on media propaganda. You'll always see extremists ranting about how the values of our country and people are being effected by these things. People get into a tiff when they think that their morals or superiority are being threatened and will hate the first so-called "enemy" that pops up.

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
i dont o .o
i hate people that are to uptight

Aged Lunatic

Easy. I hate it because of what it teaches about women, and what happens to cultures when it adopts it. ******** Sharia.

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Unnoticed Person

Explain why?

Simple reason, because there are many muslim who did not understand the teaching of Islam them selves and people view their actions as what Islam truly is...

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
GunsmithKitten
Easy. I hate it because of what it teaches about women, and what happens to cultures when it adopts it. ******** Sharia.
I'm curious to what do they teach about women and what nation have truly use shariah law ?

Aged Lunatic

Paragasu
GunsmithKitten
I'm curious to what do they teach about women and what nation have truly use shariah law ?

What do you think a religion's opinion of women is when it states "There are more women in Hell than men."

And Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
GunsmithKitten
Paragasu
GunsmithKitten

What do you think a religion's opinion of women is when it states "There are more women in Hell than men."

...and heaven lays on the foot of your mother ...oh and according to Surah an-Nisa' 4:1 it states that, men and women are created from a single soul (nafs wahidah). One person does not come before the other, one is not superior to the other, and one is not the derivative of the other. A woman is not created for the purpose of a man. Rather, they are both created for the mutual benefit of each other rolleyes

Taliban? Use shariah law? lol...I call that Taliban law, as far as I know sharia law was never implemented in any nations right after the death of the 4th caliph of Islam. Even Mohammad himself never go beating a non-Muslim for drinking in public...
Paragasu
GunsmithKitten
Paragasu
GunsmithKitten

...and heaven lays on the foot of your mother ...oh and according to Surah an-Nisa' 4:1 it states that, men and women are created from a single soul (nafs wahidah). One person does not come before the other, one is not superior to the other, and one is not the derivative of the other. A woman is not created for the purpose of a man. Rather, they are both created for the mutual benefit of each other rolleyes

Taliban? Use shariah law? lol...I call that Taliban law, as far as I know sharia law was never implemented in any nations right after the death of the 4th caliph of Islam. Even Mohammad himself never go beating a non-Muslim for drinking in public...

THIS. A million times over. People have a huge skewed perception of what Islam is really like. Of course there are radicals but there are radicals in EVERY religion no matter what it is.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
They use their religion as an excuse for violence and the values of their religion is based on oppression and fear. Terrorists hate the USA for their sense of freedom, but many more people that live in those regions love it just as much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff