Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Lucky~9~Lives
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
They use their religion as an excuse for violence and the values of their religion is based on oppression and fear.

How are the values of Islam based on oppression and fear?
if a woman reveals a part of her body, like an ankle or her face, she is stoned,

This doesen't even happen in Afghanistan

Quote:
a man can have as many wives he wants but if one of them cheats on him, she deserves to die,

Incorrect a man can only have four wives.
Statistically more men are punished by both Stoning AND Lashing than women are.

Quote:
hildren don't learn math or how to read, instead they teach them how to assemble and shoot an assault rifle so they can be pressed into armed terrorist groups,

Are you insane, or just trolling?

Quote:
If you convert from Islam to any other religion, you must be killed, killing others in order to promote Islam, is the central part of the religion.

Incorrect and incorrect.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
Same reason they hated the Wicca, and the Jews, and the Protastants. it's just Islam's turn is all.
Wicca had a turn?

Yes, but it seems pointless to discuss. I can already see where this conversation is going.
elaborate and support your statement please.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
Same reason they hated the Wicca, and the Jews, and the Protastants. it's just Islam's turn is all.
Wicca had a turn?

Yes, but it seems pointless to discuss. I can already see where this conversation is going.

Towards what purpose?

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
Wicca had a turn?

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

The Committee Staff Sex Symbol

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Because they still live like its the freakin dark ages. Plus all of them are crazy religious fanatics who will even kill the innocent for their religion.

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
if a woman reveals a part of her body, like an ankle or her face, she is stoned, a man can have as many wives he wants but if one of them cheats on him, she deserves to die, children don't learn math or how to read, instead they teach them how to assemble and shoot an assault rifle so they can be pressed into armed terrorist groups, If you convert from Islam to any other religion, you must be killed, killing others in order to promote Islam, is the central part of the religion.

Funny, you sound like a misguided muslim with their craps (Taliban and etc)...can you prove that in Islamic teaching there's such thing as stoning a women if they show their ankle or their face? or a man can have as many wives as they please? Well I dare you, because there's no such thing.

"children don't learn math or how to read, instead they teach them how to assemble and shoot an assault rifle so they can be pressed into armed terrorist groups" What? In Islam acquiring knowledge is an obligation. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The seeking of knowledge is obligatory for every Muslim." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 74 .The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “One who treads a path in search of knowledge has his path to Paradise made easy by God…” - Riyadh us-Saleheen, 245. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A servant of God will remain standing on the Day of Judgment until he is questioned about his (time on earth) and how he used it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth and from where he acquired it and in what (activities) he spent it; and about his body and how he used it." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 148. The Prophet also said: "Knowledge from which no benefit is derived is like a treasure out of which nothing is spent in the cause of God." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 108. The Prophet also said: "Acquire knowledge and impart it to the people." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 107.

"If you convert from Islam to any other religion, you must be killed, killing others in order to promote Islam, is the central part of the religion." Common mistake that always being made by non-muslim and muslim alike, for your information the Koran it self never say anything about an earthly punishment for apostasy rolleyes , even in the hadith the only reason why apostate is killed in the name of Islam is when they sworn that they will use everything in their power to destroy Islam or in another word becoming an enemy of Islam... during the time of war.

Therefore I conclude, those people that you just describe is not an Islamic people, they just claim that they are Islamic.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
Wicca had a turn?

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

That would require that both sides are at least some what well versed in certain historical and sociological aspects. Your question, "Wicca had a turn?" implies that you are not. If you were you have known to what I am reffering w/o asking. Therefore I don't see anything constructive coming from such a debate.

If you had just expressed curiosity I would have been more than happy to expand, however a desire to debate about issues you admit to knowing little about leads me to believe that you are just fishing for something to disagree with.

Sorry if I'm reading it wrong, but one must follow one's own instincts. I'm not willing to risk sparking an off topic conflict on some one else's thread.

You can PM me if you like and we can pursue it there.

Friendly Friend

Hamza Kashgari.

Jeering Regular

vwytche
Oh, and by the way, it's apricot pits, and they contain less cyanide than apple seeds.
It's amygdalin that's the issue. Technically, fruit pits and seeds don't contain any cyanide; they contain cyanogenetic glycosides, which, when ingested, metabolize into cyanide gas. Whether or not the concentration of amygdalin is greater in apple seeds or apricot pits is kind of irrelevant, because normally the amygdalin is isolated in the center of the seed, and the seed is capable of withstanding digestive juices, the amygdalin won't enter the body unless the seed masticated or broken in some way.

Since laetrile is basically just amygdalin, extracted and refined, this argument is irrelevant. The only question is whether amygdalin does anything besides poison people.

vwytche
And I never advised anyone to eat them. I simply told about how the FDA tried to make them illegal for trumped reasons about "poison", because their masters the drug companies were seeing a profit impact due to there use.
This sounds like unsupported bullshit. The FDA banned interstate transit of laetrile because a) it is poisonous, as it does metabolize into cyanide and can kill somebody; b) clinical, double-blind trials showed absolutely no evidence of it affecting cancer growth in the least, and there's no medical reason why it would; and c) because it is the FDA's job to control the transport of poisonous substances that are being sold as fake cancer cures.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

That would require that both sides are at least some what well versed in certain historical and sociological aspects. Your question, "Wicca had a turn?" implies that you are not. If you were you have known to what I am reffering w/o asking. Therefore I don't see anything constructive coming from such a debate.

If you had just expressed curiosity I would have been more than happy to expand, however a desire to debate about issues you admit to knowing little about leads me to believe that you are just fishing for something to disagree with.

Sorry if I'm reading it wrong, but one must follow one's own instincts. I'm not willing to risk sparking an off topic conflict on some one else's thread.

I express debate as this is a debate forum, and those who do not wish to debate are those who feel threatened by the views opposing those they define themselves as. Also your view that I do not know the history and historicy of wicca is unfounded. I know enough. I also know the history of the British isles.

Debate is how we learn, those who do not debate are consigned to ignorance.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

I express debate as this is a debate forum, and those who do not wish to debate are those who feel threatened by the views opposing those they define themselves as. Also your view that I do not know the history and historicy of wicca is unfounded. I know enough. I also know the history of the British isles.

No, this is a discussion forum. I am here to have discussions, not debates, and certainly not pointless arguments. Thank you for catagorizing me as ignorant for not wishing to continue with you. Obviously anyone that is not willing to listen to you, or discuss with you must be ignorant. Well, I guess I must just be ignorant. Enjoy your false feeling of superiority.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Ban
vwytche
Oh, and by the way, it's apricot pits, and they contain less cyanide than apple seeds.
It's amygdalin that's the issue. Technically, fruit pits and seeds don't contain any cyanide; they contain cyanogenetic glycosides, which, when ingested, metabolize into cyanide gas. Whether or not the concentration of amygdalin is greater in apple seeds or apricot pits is kind of irrelevant, because normally the amygdalin is isolated in the center of the seed, and the seed is capable of withstanding digestive juices, the amygdalin won't enter the body unless the seed masticated or broken in some way.

Since laetrile is basically just amygdalin, extracted and refined, this argument is irrelevant. The only question is whether amygdalin does anything besides poison people.

vwytche
And I never advised anyone to eat them. I simply told about how the FDA tried to make them illegal for trumped reasons about "poison", because their masters the drug companies were seeing a profit impact due to there use.
This sounds like unsupported bullshit. The FDA banned interstate transit of laetrile because a) it is poisonous, as it does metabolize into cyanide and can kill somebody; b) clinical, double-blind trials showed absolutely no evidence of it affecting cancer growth in the least, and there's no medical reason why it would; and c) because it is the FDA's job to control the transport of poisonous substances that are being sold as fake cancer cures.

Not the topic of the thread. If you people want to troll me would would please do the OP a faver and just PM me instead of threadjacking? Or wouldn't there be any point w/o an audience?

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

No, this is a discussion forum. I am here to have discussions, not debates, and certainly not pointless arguments. Thank you for catagorizing me as ignorant for not wishing to continue with you. Obviously anyone that is not willing to listen to you, or discuss with you must be ignorant. Well, I guess I must just be ignorant. Enjoy your false feeling of superiority.
debate is never pointless, and ignorance is not an insult.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

Towards what purpose?
Curiosity and debate.

I presume you know how to send a PM.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche
The Catfish Blues
vwytche

I presume you know how to send a PM.

yes why?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas